[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Employment feels thread >tfw work office job for a year >feeling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: office job paperwork.jpg (167 KB, 426x282) Image search: [Google]
office job paperwork.jpg
167 KB, 426x282
Employment feels thread

>tfw work office job for a year
>feeling of dread that I'll be there forever.
>made some work friends that I like.
>realize that I will miss them if I leave or they do.

Anyone wanna share their employment feels?
>>
Worked in another state for awhile
>southern state so all was chill
>everyone was super nice
>we always took 30 min breaks and just talked
>it was like being in a functional family
>I wanted to return to the west coast
>friend there begged me not to go
>I left and feel nothing
Wtf if wrong with me?
>>
>>27526395
Fellow office wagie here.
I was entry level for about 7 months, got a temp promotion for 3 months to fill in a mat leave. Applied for the same role in another area, got rejected however was again temp assigned to another area again for 4 months I finished that about 2 months ago and was permanently promoted to the role I originally applied for 1.5 months ago.
I'm confident that if I do as good of a job as I was doing else where that in another year or three I'll be promoted again.
>feels
>All those married milfs that enjoy a bit of flirting
JUST
>>
>>27526395
>>27526534

Is it possible to get an office job if I only have production experience?
>>
>>27526560
probably. But, production in what?
>>
>Took yesterday off due to sickness
>Forgot to send email (no contact number)
>Eventually sent email yesterday afternoon
>Decided to send a follow up email this morning
>Turns out manager responded chewing me out for being late a lot and skipping work

Oh fuck lads I knew I shouldn't have looked at my email can't go back to sleep now either.
>>
>>27526597
Could you rephrase that question?
>>
>>27526716
production experience. I'm asking what kind of production work did you do in the past?
>>
>well paid and mostly relaxed job
>boss is completely incompetent
>everyone agrees I should replace my boss and things would be much smoother
>boss isn't going anywhere because he was here first
>can't move up career ladder unless I change companies
>>
>>27526732
My first job I mostly fabricated really thin metals and then welded them. Also operated a laser cutter.

Then after I left that job, I filled mills with glass and then emptied them once it was milled. Along with weighing and packaging.

Now I weld, run a laser part market, do cross sections, assemble, and document.
>>
>>27526395
>drop out of university
>start office job as a temp
>think 'hey this is just a temporary thing! I'll get my shit together and go back to school soon'
>go perm
>'ok at least I get leave entitlements and stuff. I can still leave and go back to school when I want'
>6 years later working the same job.

kill me.
>>
>>27526806
How did you land an office job?
What were your qualifications?
>>
>wagie
>work 2 jobs
>Night Auditor
>Merchandising Vendor
>cant sleep
>barely sleep
>work 50-60 hour weeks
>quitting night audit job

hopefully Ill be able to find sanity because im literally preparing my anus for death right now
>>
>>27526855

>How did you land an office job?
my dad knew a senior manager

>What were your qualifications?
none
>>
>>27526534
>milfs
there aren't that many at my work place.
In fact, one friend of mine is a vietnamese lady who is really sweet and really attractive for her age.
It's a shame that eventually we will part ways (i get a new job/quit or she does).
I have attachment issues.
>>
>tfw you enjoy the activity of your job but dread being around your coworkers
>>
>>27527408
>Have three different jobs
>First one was just normie guys who did drugs but were cool
>Second was normies who talked a lot about sex and themselves
>third is super normies who are just chill
>>
>>27527408
>>27527620
>tfw have one normie coworker who is nice to me when he's alone, but likes to poke fun at me when other people are around.
>always wants me to hang out with him outside of work and go to lunch with me.
>when I ate lunch with him, he never poked fun at me.
>only when others are around.
Can't stress that enough. Why would this person? Does he see me as a beta so much? Maybe I am, but I'm just minding my own business half the time.
>>
>tfw you want a shitty office job to complain about but have no work related experience
>>
>>27527696
Probably insecurity, he feels inadequate around others so he elevates himself by putting you down
>>
>>27527696
How old is he?
Could want a root off you.
>>
>>27526395
>work retail, be miserable
>"damn, an office job with some freedom to pick hours would be perfect"
>get that
>still miserable

Daily office feels:
>boredom
>unable to concentrate because shit is boring
>everything I do is pointless
>time goes by really slowly because so bored
>unmotivated, slightest task becomes a mountain
>can't wait to get home but clock is so slow
>feel like shit and mad at myself for doing nothing but browsing a Phrygian coin-tossing forum.
>feel guilty because the colleagues I like work normally and I don't
>sometimes work on Sundays because overcome with guilt regarding my colleagues, especially the qt Asian girl that does 3x what I do in one day
>have to wage because no neetbux, no unemployment, no mombux, nothing
>>
>get into accident on way to work
>a day of no pay
Godammit
>>
>>27527696
Holy fucking shit same thing is happening right now. I just want to be left alone but this guy thinks I'm his best friend. I'm just trying to distance myself away from him but he sits fucking next to me and it's making things awkward
>>
>>27527909
>get into accident on way to work
>miss two days
>fired
>>
>>27527909
>Not covered by sick leave/annual leave
What shit hole to you live in
>>
How do you get an office job? what do you do in an office job what is the pay like is their opportunities to move up?
>>
>>27528125
I'm
>>27526534
It was pure luck.
I do a lot of HR/staffing work and some basic small audits and ordering.
I'm on $50k ausbucks.
I'd imagine every place has different opportunities.
Your best bet to move up is to be good at what you do, always be on time/punctual/reliable & friendly.
>>
>>27527900
Are you me?

My office is quite large so I normally slip out for a shit twice a day for half an hour each time and just browse my phone to kill some time
>>
>>27526395
yea you won't though.

>I'll miss all this office drama
>leave
>never think of that place again.
Every time.
>>
>just started delivering mail
>perfect weather so far, 50 degrees yet all the walking and sunlight still makes me sweat
>wake up, check out forecast for today...
>rain, rain, and more rain.
>mfw today I am walking outside for 8 hours today in the pouring down rain
>>
>>27526395
>>27526495

connecting with co-workers is the only redeeming quality of working

i personally think you should decide who you like and MAKE THE FUCKING EFFORT to keep in touch with them if you want.

doesn't fucking matter where you are located in relation to eachother, we have the fucking internet
>>
>>27526395
Work doesn't feel like work when you love it. It sounds like a meme but its true. I got my dream and feel like I havent worked a day.
>>
>>27528891
>just started delivering mail
Just watch out for deranged feminists man. https://youtu.be/5MVyQNNFobA
>>
>>27526395

>purposefully picked a 10/hr day schedule over 8 so that I work only 4 days instead of 5.
>do 10 hours of overtime on one of my days off anyway.

I guess it's a good thing I don't have a life. Maybe someday all this money will come in handy
>>
>>27526395
I've never worked an office job, I have no idea what's it like to sit at a desk all day. Whatever I'd be doing at a job like that, it better be engaging otherwise I'll get super bored and turn into a terrible wage slave.

I've never worked retail, but I feel like I'd fucking hate it because you're basically licking ass to sell something or putting up with insane people.

Food industry is a lot like retail, in my mind. Does it go under retail as well? I worked as a server at McCallister's once when I was 17. It was the most demeaning job I've ever had. The pay was absolutely shit and the expectation was far too high. I just stopped coming in one day.

I found my "home" in the cabinetry. At first I was a sander making $12/hr. My boss started teaching me spraying and eventually I was making $900/weekly plus commission. Knowing how to spray kitchens, vanities, built ins and whatever other custom shit people want spayed is decent money. You're basically looking at $15-25 per hour depending on how shitty the company and how decent of a finisher you are.

I find cabinetry to be pretty good money wise, for me at least. I have my high school diploma and one semester into college. I decided to not pursue any education towards a work field because getting into debt to come out of college and start making considerably less than I'm making now just didn't seem appealing to me. I know people who are $30-60k in debt and are making $14/hr. I don't feel behind any of my blue collar peers that went to school because they thought doing so would allow them to make $30/hr straight out of school. For some of them, future prospects are a lot more appealing than mine unless I start my own business or move up within my company. For others, like my friend who spent 50k to work in a certain field but is doing construction instead, things aren't looking so hot.
>>
>>27529393
>I've never worked retail, but I feel like I'd fucking hate it because you're basically licking ass to sell something or putting up with insane people.

>licking ass to sell something

You don't sell shit at retail. Almost no retail places are commission-based anymore. It's just moving shit around, stocking things, and humoring the crazy and dumb shits that ask you questions.
>>
>all of these incredibly boring wage cuck greentext stories
holy shit just kill yourselves already lol
>>
>>27529093
dont keep it all in the bank, keep a bare minimum in the bank. spend the rest on assets. start assembling food, utilitarian things like tools and shit, etc.
>>
>>27529458
>You don't sell shit at retail.

You're right that many places don't, but the ones that do are absolutely awful to work for. At Sears you're forced to pester every single customer into submitting a credit card application, I forget the quota but you were expected to get at least 10% which is actually incredibly hard to do. And if the customer declines the offer, you're forced to pester them into opening up a rewards account.
>>
File: oh its bad.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
oh its bad.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>got apprentice office job starting monday
>admin stuff but also taking calls and dealing with the public
>bosses like me
>the big boss really likes me
>shitting bricks because I haven't done this kind of work before and I got fired from my last job and I don't want it to happen again

I remember him saying to me at my interview that I was at the top of his shortlist because I appeared so comfortable in myself.

>mfw
>>
>>27526395
>tfw my paycheck always seems smaller than it should be
>>
>work in a kitchen for 5 years
>serving, hostessing, washing dishes, baking, making salads, prepping for dinner service, cooking breakfast and lunch, crafting specials, everything
>get burnt out and decide to do something completely different
>get job on a dairy farm
>rough, dirty physical labor, and I love it
>finally getting in better shape and feeling healthier
>get second job cooking nights at a Japanese American fusion restaurant
>learning lots of new techniques and also becoming much more fluent in Spanish as a result

I may not be using my degree, but life is pretty swell for me right now. I sleep better at night and feel fulfilled most of the time.
>>
>>27529845
>Japanese-American fusion restaurant
>learning Spanish
remove frijoles
>>
>>27529845
Congrats anon

Oregano
>>
>>27526395
The overwhelming depression and emptiness brought on by wagecuckery is why I turned to communism
>>
>>27529893

The owner/head chef is Japanese-American, but 90% of the kitchen staff are Hispanic. That's just a thing about the restaurant industry.

>>27529958

That's probably my favorite herb atm. Favorite spice is smoked paprika.
>>
>>27529467
tell us about that epic time you shat yourself sitting at your battlestation
>>
>>27529845
I just got irrationally angry imagining some feminist telling me all about her dirty jobs and how cool she is for having them
sorry
>>
I've been working at the same place for 3 years now. Only yesterday did I receive some sort of recognition. It was confusing as fuck to receive praise, consider all my boss does is deteriorate morale and break spirits, that cunt.
>>
>lab tech in a factory
>3rd shift so premium bonus and quiet shift, just me and waste water bro
>titrate samples, crunch numbers, and paperwork for the 4 hours
>goof off, shitpost, sit on my ass snacking and play pokemon for the rest of the shift if theres no issues during the shift
>getting payed doing the things i love
>neets will never no this feel
>>
>>27529739
I recently quit working in receiving at Sears. The coworkers were cool, but god damn, every day we were somehow losing customers' orders one way or another, and half of pretty much anything we sold ended up getting returned due to breaking.
And the other day I went out to buy a few shirts. I went to Modell's and Old Navy and was in and out fast, but at Kmart, which is owned by Sears, you go through a whole rigamarole of giving your phone number, dealing with what to do with points, being asked about donating, and the whole thing takes five times longer.
>>
>>27527864
I'm 27 years old.
>>
>>27529059
Jesus Christ, what sort of turn of events have to happen for someone to be this deranged?
>>
File: 1455154750311.jpg (45 KB, 494x468) Image search: [Google]
1455154750311.jpg
45 KB, 494x468
>tfw landscaping
>tfw the only thing that gets me through it without wanting to kill myself is smoking a bunch of weed, which i can because my boss is my dad and he doesn't care
>tfw if i had to work inside i would probably kill myself
>>
>Got a pizza place job with my only IRL friend
>Pretty easy
>Want to work 25 hours a week at least but they only gave me five hours
>>
>>27526395
Mr. Halpert, things will get better.
>>
File: 1448758691790.jpg (770 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448758691790.jpg
770 KB, 1920x1200
>fiber optic engineer in office for 3 years
>live in fucking Kansas
>fucking hate kansas
>want to move back to michigan
>had second interview for job in MI yesterday
>tfw "we'll get back with you in a few days"

just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
>>27526395
>tfw work office job for 8 years
>feeling of dread that I am here forever
>>
>>27529739

I worked at Kohl's and had to do that shit. Fucking ridiculous bullshit. I
>>
>>27531723
forgot to add
>gained 60 pounds since I began this job
;_;

>>27531862
kohls was my first job
it was also the worst job I ever had. I unloaded trucks, which was easy as fuck and chill

but then they made me go out on the floor just after loading the truck and try to sell credit cards to niggers

so fucking gay
>>
>>27531723
>>27531958
Goddamn I want to go back to Michigan too. Those auto insurance rates are ridiculous though.
>>
>>27529739
This is why I refuse to go to Sears. Whoever decided that bugging every customer was a great idea needs to be murdered. It does bring me glee seeing every Sears and KMart here are broken down shitholes.
>>
>>27529805
I hope its because of your 401k withholdings
>>
>>27526395
>entry level programming job
>have to argue with VP about task estimation
>never have enough time to test
>never have enough time to finish tasks
>end of a sprint and the bugs start pouring in
>he gets made and blames it on code quality
>says we need more quality and better time management
>rinse and repeat every 2 weeks

Just kill me now. He's such a shitter. At least he likes me more than my other coworkers.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.