[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This triggers the robot It sure as hell triggers me. I'am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
>This triggers the robot
It sure as hell triggers me. I'am turning 37 soon and I haven't done any of those things. I've missed the boat a long time ago. I've always wanted to do those things and have some good memories of my wild "twenties". The only memories I have is the computer screen and the TV screen.
>inb4 "twenties" chad meme
>inb4 jew conspiracy
I truly believe you should have the most fun when you are in your twenties. Because you are fit mentally and physically. Even if you are not you can still get in shape. The older you get the harder it is. And harder it is to change your routine. When you're young you can come out of your comfort zone easier. It's the time to try new things. To find out what you like and don't like.

So fellow bots please don't become like me. Try your best to have fun. Try to make friends and try to come out your comfort zone while you can. I've missed the boat and I've given up on life.
>>
Cheers man, I'll try my best.
>>
>never touch the ground

i've never felt this feely before
>>
>>27514681
>I've missed the boat a long time ago
Do you want to keep thinking that until you are dead? If you are 79 and on your death bed, it's true, you've missed the boat.
But right now you can still make some good memories.
Stop talking from your high horse of failure. You want to teach us, but you say you've failed. You're in no position to teach anyone, if you can't apply the things you're teaching to yourself.
Start with yourself, then come back and try teaching us again.
>>
>>27515106
>Can you time travel?
Yea I can still do shit now. It's not and it will never be the same as your twenties. It's even harder and maybe if I do make friends now I feel there not the same as the long term friends you make when you are in your twenties. Doing the stuff people do in there twenties when you're almost hitting 40 is not the same thing and it will never feel the same.
>>
Yeah I'm 32 soon and I feel the same.
Not everyone's life is an adventure of discovery, sometimes it's just shit I guess.
>>
>never touch the ground

This is why I've failed. All normies blow hot air up each others' asses. I never realized that they were physically floating because of it.
>>
File: 113407.jpg (27 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
113407.jpg
27 KB, 225x350
>>27516692

I enjoyed this post.

I hate this "hurdur live love YOLO and anything is possible and get hurt and fall in love and blah blah its the little things young at heart" bullshit normies spit.

Life might be amazing, but pieces of shit like us don't get to enjoy it.
>>
I'm 25 and I feel like its already over, I'm so stunted that I can't "leave my comfort zone" and enjoy the next 5 years. Once my co-workers got to know me they had me figured out so easily. I'm just a loser.
>>
Lel this meme is so retarded, I've spent most of my 20's working, now I have a good career, earning decent money, a house, car and some savings, everything's set up nicely.

Meanwhile I know a girl who blew every penny she had to spend a year dossing about in Australia and has come back to fuck all.

Maybe it's okay if you're a woman and you can just parachute into the life of a successful man, but if you do this "fuck about in your 20s" shit as a man you've gotta be a tard.

They're the sort of people who moan about how they can get a job when they're 29 and have spent the past 10 years working in coffee shops around the country because they were sold some lie about it making their lives more interesting.
>>
>>27516991
You can make yourself feel better about missing out on some of the most fun you will ever have but those were the life choices of those people. Sure it'll be harder for them to come back from it but they still had a good time. In the end we all die, why set yourself up to be so financially secure if in the end you'll be an old man who worked his life away. For what?

There are extremes yeah, but people can enjoy occasional luxuries or maybe even a year of living life to its fullest.
>>
>>27517101
Meh I enjoy my job and whenever I did travel I was just bored shitless, there was nothing fun about it.

The vast majority of these people went to another country just to get drunk in a club with a different language on the menu. What an eye opening experience I'll remember for the rest of my life.
>>
>tfw turning 23 in a week and I've traveled independently around 4 continents
You're not missing much guys.

The western world (anglosphere) rules, everything else is a big smelly embarrassment.
>>
>>27517101
If humanity was build on this kind of hyper hedonism, we would be fucked.
>>
>>27517395
We're already fucked if you hadn't noticed m8
>>
>>27517395
I believe the fucking is in progress
>>
>>27514681
I am trying broh, don't worry. 22 and I'm just now starting to come out of my shell, I feel like I should have done it years ago but I guess I still have plenty of time ahead of me.

Fuck it's hard though man, it's a whole series of mental and emotional hurdles to get over, it's goddamn exhausting.
>>
>>27514681
Fucking cringe. Are we on fucking Facebook? God this shit is gay and irritating.
>>
This is all a bunch of bullshit. OP assumes that we don't live because we don't want, but we don't live because we don't have the tools for it. Also, most robots here are depressed as fuck, so it's not like we're gonna have some reward for trying things.

And the 20s are not the best time, anyway. The best time is your teens and we already lost it. And for losing the teens, we didn't acquired the social skills to live through 20s.
>>
File: snitchin on u.jpg (24 KB, 324x314) Image search: [Google]
snitchin on u.jpg
24 KB, 324x314
>>27517699
Reported for underage! :P
>>
>>27517699
What people don't tell you is that's how everyone makes friends 99% of the time. You just have to embrace those "forced" friendships and try to hold on to them, go out and spend time with people and all that. I know that's easier said than done, but you gotta be more assertive about that, you gotta go to them instead of waiting for them to ask you to hang out with them. It'll be a little awkward at first but the more you do it the easier it gets.
>>
>>27517699
underage b&
and you have plenty of opportunity to live your life to its fullest (in hedonistic terms at least)
do not waste it and become an unhappy 42 year old like me
>>
File: 1442911106020.jpg (48 KB, 475x457) Image search: [Google]
1442911106020.jpg
48 KB, 475x457
I'm 26 and am entering third-life crisis big time.
I'm going to live it up and try hard.
If I fail I can always join the 27 club.

The YOLOfags were always right.
>>
>>27515812
What he (>>27515106) doesn't understand is If you do try and act like your twenty when you are 40 you'd be known as the oldfag who'd trying to be young.
>inb4 don't give a fuck about other people
I'am all for that but at some point you're the fucking joke. You can't take the whole IDGAF too far. And that's what hurts. When you're trying to fit in and be like the young guys but every little thing you do will always remind you that you don't fit in.
>>
>>27518060
How is a 40 year old suppose to act as oppose to a 25 year old?
>>
>>27517995
>The YOLOfags were always right.
I always tried to lie to myself that they were wrong and it's not the way to go. But now when I'am hitting 40 I can see they were right.

>>27516991
It's not one or the other. You don't have to go extreme YOLO. Anyone who does has no sympathy from me when they are broke later on and depressed. Majority of people do it all in moderation. Have your friends, your memories and at the same time moving your life forward.
>>
>>27518153
More mature. Not doing things that people do in there 20's because he's already done it. And can see it as just a phase but at the end being a great time of his life. Having stories and memories you can talk to other people who've done similar things so it's easier to relate.

By the time you are 40 you usually have started your life married and have a family.
>inb4 I can't talk to girls how can I marry REEE
That's a different problem for a different time. By the time you are 40 you should know what you want in life and should be working towards it. Basically having your shit together. Not trying to act like a 20 year old because you missed the best times.
>>
>>27518159
So what can you do now at your age to enjoy life at the moment? People miss out on many things, example (driving a Bugatti, working at an animation studio, experience space flight, experiencing life in 24th century), if they can experience everything, they would be God. Maybe it is god experiencing everything through everyone, maybe that's the purpose.
>>
>>27514681
I will remember your words anon
>>
File: 1438737321642.png (120 KB, 434x400) Image search: [Google]
1438737321642.png
120 KB, 434x400
>tfw on track to becoming a total fucking degenerate for the next decade
>>
>>27516957
Your coworkers had you figured out? Explain please
>>
>>27519099
I think he was meaning that his coworkers soon got a clear idea of him.
>>
>>27514681
Like I give a shit. Why should I make friends with people when I am a social reject from my childhood and into my adulthood? Why should I make friends with the same kind of people I find distaste in; as they have treated me in the same regard?

I don't have anything to aspire to. All I've ever wanted is my own place so I can at least have peace of mind. I wouldn't call someone who succumbs to fits of rage mentally fit either.
>>
File: 1458591956135.gif (1001 KB, 440x300) Image search: [Google]
1458591956135.gif
1001 KB, 440x300
I'll do all that after I get a fucking job. For some goddamn reason no one wants to hire a guy whose only job for 5 years and keeps on going is cleaning toilets. I'm sick of cleaning goddamn shit and want a better job but no one will fucking hire me and I'm stuck with this shit wage and shit hours cleaning shit day in and day out. Why why can't I get a job and some Chad fuck just has to ask and the boss is willing to suck his dick. Fuck the 20s I can't wait to die
>>
Does the captcha use your location?

>>27518367
>weed man
Majority of the population do the similar things throughout their lives. The things you stated is only a small population.
>>
>>27519099
He probably meant after interacting with him they found out he was a loser with no life experiences. So listen to what the OP post says and don't become that.
>>
File: 1410490011504.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1410490011504.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
>>27516957

>once my co-workers got to know me they had me figured out so easily

Bruh...

My whole being is convulsed with pain remembering when this happened to me. Uni classmates rather than co-workers.

They were the ones who approached me.
We genuinely had interests in common.
They were forgiving of my autism.
I realize in retrospect that one of the girls was into me.

But once the mask starts to slip, you become a walking punchline.
>>
>>27519099
>>27520822

I meant they figured out quickly I was a shy virgin with not a lot of life experience. I'm a good looking guy and give a hell of a first impression, but that all ends when anyone gets to know me and starts asking questions and sees how I act around attractive girls.
>>
>>27520958

To add to that, I'll be the most normie acting guy in a group of all male friends, then as soon as a girl comes into the group I completely shut down and don't say much. It is intensely obvious.
>>
File: 1448922045438.jpg (23 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
1448922045438.jpg
23 KB, 470x313
>>27519992
Underpaid and degrading jobs are the worst. Specially when the shcedule is all fucked up and you can't plan your life cause they are always switching shifts and you no longer know when it's time to rest or to work.
>>
I'm 21 and terrified that in ten years I'll be making a post like this.
It's just so hard to do anything, because it all involves interacting with people a lot. And that's always so hard and complicated and if you don't do it exactly right, terrible things happen.
There's a lot that I want to do but it's all just so fucking hard.
>>
Turning 20 in July, how do I make the most of my twenties?

>unemployed
>still living at home
>>
>>27514681
This is what your 20s are like when you live in a MAJOR city. It's not how life is like in small towns or more conservative areas. If I was in your boat I would become a "creep" who pursues young women for casual sex and does tons of drugs.
DO NOT SETTLE DOWN. A family and marriage won't make you happy. Childfree people are generally happier in life and there will be very little sex in your marriage
>>
>>27521575
college, getting a job, getting high, going out and doing things.
>>
I need to do more traveling desu
>>
File: 2pac.jpg (24 KB, 480x348) Image search: [Google]
2pac.jpg
24 KB, 480x348
I just turned 20

I want to be able to develop either a career or skill in which i'm able to live happy and be independent, that's all i want. and i'm gonna give it my all to be able to find it before i'm 30

That's all my motivation right now
>>
I would do things if they didn't sound like no fun at all to me
>>
>love a lot
>love a little

the fuck does this transparent tumblr quote even mean? Fuck you OP and fuck these stupid quotes that try to sound deep or have meaning when they don't.

Live however you want, the end,
>>
Only females and like 1% of extremely lucky men get to enjoy their 20s. The rest of us are stuck slaving away, studying, and more slaving away.
>>
>>27515106
It's more a warning of upcoming feels than it is a lesson.
>>
>>27518060
I don't wholly agree. I know a dude who is within a couple years of 40, but nobody realizes this until he tells his age and really nobody gives a shit. he seems like he's in 20s.
but you have to be a likeable person for that to work. same thing like attractive guys can get away with tons of shit that an ugly guy could never get away with
>>
>>27514681
It might be easier, but it doesn't mean it's easy. Robots haven't changed their habits since they were <10.

Normal people go through life changing habits all the time doing normal growing-up stuff. Robots are glued to whatever current robot-activity is and stagnate there. From comic books to animemes to the computer screen.

It's probably harder for a 20yo robot to change the only thing he knows than it is for a regular person to change it up at 30.

If you're not underage and a 'real' robot with the whole no friends, no social skills thing, it's too late. You don't make friends in your 20s unless it's a social thing at work or the gym.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.