[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /epiphany/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: 1423002942125.png (13 KB, 640x712) Image search: [Google]
1423002942125.png
13 KB, 640x712
I have come to a realization as of late that my ways of thinking are simply stupid and are likely a result of latching on to the false teaching in various media, games, movies, anime and shows as well as society cramming it into your head

I have come to the realization that all humans are still just animals and that we as a society have played ourselves into thinking differently. For example for the majority of human history humans held many sexual relationships for the sole purpose of having children yet nowadays media is saturated with things about "true love" and "lifetime relationships" and so on and so forth, society now sees these as things that actually exist when in reality we were not made to fulfill these fantasies. Humans were made to simple fuck whoever they could woo and pass on genes, none of this love shit, you fucked women because it felt good and because your subconscious wanted you to impregnate women and have them birth your child that's all there is to it.

Another example is nowadays how violence and murder is outlawed and looked down upon as "barbaric" and "wrong", for the majority of our time on earth we have been barbaric, if you saw members of a tribe you hated or people taking what is yours you beat them or killed them its just natural or at least it used to be, now you are forced to live life without these releases and expected to just keep it all inside. This repression of your natural instincts isn't good for your mental health and is likely what leads to a lot of mental health "issues" people are either repressing there natural violent urges so much that they become mentally unstable or they act upon these natural feelings and get dubbed as "crazy" when it is completely normal.
>>
File: 1459252067667.gif (763 KB, 950x950) Image search: [Google]
1459252067667.gif
763 KB, 950x950
>>27488447

No one is special in anyway, everyone is unique in the fact only they have grown up the exact way they did but humans aren't inherently special because of this uniqueness, having x hobby or being good at x doesn't make you special because you likely aren't the only one with that talent or hobby there are likely hundreds of thousands of people just like you in the world yet everyone thinks they are some super important special snowflake. Life has no inherent meaning and people should stop trying to look for deep meanings in life because trying to base your entire lives value around these false constructs we have made to try and find some greater meaning to it all is inherently harmful to ones psyche.

I mean being stuck in that way of thinking when I look at it from this view is what caused all my issues, I was looking for these things in life that are just made up by us because we want to think ourselves so "advanced" and "different" from our "barbaric ancestors", If I don't look for any meaning where none exists and just do the things that make me feel good regardless of whatever society thinks then I might not die a happy man but I will certainly die a lot happier then if I sat around my whole life "waiting for the right one" or pretending to be something I am not. Humans are still animals and life has no meaning outside of reproducing and doing what you want, and this is the realization I have come to.
>>
>>27488447
Barbarism begins at home
>>
I believe you're right in your own mind.
>>
>>27488447
It's called the future. Animals don't have the same feelings as us, you dimwit.
>>
people aren't animals still per se, but they are definitely battling internally over being civilized and being barbaric.
like how can we be incredibly civilized but then completely sexually free? the two contradict each other.
>>
>>27488542
A large variety of animals has the same emotional capacity as humans they just don't have the brainpower to convey their feelings well towards people outside their species.
>>
Sounds like your way of thinking is still dumb, appeal to nature is strong in this post
>>
File: C9.gif (3 KB, 352x410) Image search: [Google]
C9.gif
3 KB, 352x410
>>27488447

OP is bretty based tbph

Pic related is my gift to you
>>
>>27488592
This post is basically about the emotional side of the human mind getting twisted by modern life to the point it clouds our rational thought as well, when I say we should be free to express our anger of course I am not talking about just attacking anyone you see on the street but if someone pisses you off or wrongs you then beating the shit out of them should be socially acceptable
>>
I believe you believe that you're right, but in majority of parts you're wrong.

desu senpai you sound like a 15 year old, I'm sorry to say
This reminds me exactly what I would think about when I was 14/15 years old
>>
>>27488447
>>27488592

https://youtube.com/watch?v=aWM4bJNpch0
>>
>>27488688
I may not put it into words well or maybe it came off as too strong I guess if I were to put it simply it is that

True love and lifetime relationships aren't normal for humans and should be avoided as it has been proven that after a certain amount of time most of these "lifetime" relationships end in divorce or just grow bitter and cold, if you emotionally invest a lot in the idea of "true love" or "lifetime relationships" then find it isn't true this is emotionally shattering to most.

Humans should be allowed to express the emotions they feel like anger and not looked down upon for it, of course being a homocidal mainiac is taking this too far but repressing anger and never letting it out for fear of society is the wrong way to do things when we never had to do this a few thousand years ago it was acceptable to beat up a guy who wronged you etc or kill a guy who tried to harm your family

Life has no deeper meaning and we should stop looking for one that isn't there and just accept that we are just a collection of matter with chemical reactions and we should live life based on what we really want what we really feel rather than what society says is the way to live.
>>
>>27488893
>le chemical reactions
>>
>>27489207
>meme arrows make facts less factual
>>
>>27488447
>special snowflake syndrom
>muh enlightment

edgy
>>
>>27489226
It's a bad argument for not participating in society. It's a non-argument, really.
>>
>>27489274
I'm not saying we shouldn't participate in society I'm just saying the human brain isn't powered by the soul or the spirit or some shit like that its just an organ that runs through normal biological functions, participating with society still makes us feel good I am just arguing against the "true love" meme and stuff like that society has imposed on us that makes people think we all have souls and soulmates etc etc
>>
Are you in any way trying to think that this is your discovery?

Its still a really small minded view imo
But go ahead, go deeper, ill see you in solipsism town
>>
>>27488447
I realised that it really doesn't matter what people think k.of you.most people either don't give a fuck,you will never see again or are too chickenshit to say anything
>TFW singing in public
>>
>>27489307

You're speaking against new age hippie delusions about the soul...
>>
>>27488447
woah dude it's like we're an animal spieces too. it's like we've just been around for about 200 000 - 100 000 years or so, but other spieces and plants hav had longer time to evolve.

so crazy that we're still barbaric by nature even though civilazation has been built on the things we shun today such as violence becuase we've become a bit smarter and self aware than our animal brethren.

this is not an epiphany anon, this is literally what we are and has been for a long, and likely will not change unless something dramatically happends with our evolution as a spieces
>>
>>27488592
>people aren't animals still per se
Yes we are.
Fuck off and come back when you've finished going through puberty.
>>
File: 1401830834332.jpg (97 KB, 659x729) Image search: [Google]
1401830834332.jpg
97 KB, 659x729
>>27488447
>>27488457

Literally me, bro.
Love you.
>>
>>27488447
Pretty much, yeah.

>>27488472
Go home Morrissey, you're drunk

>>27488542
This viewpoint has been thoroughly obliterated by modern neuroscience, many of the chemicals that cause sensations in human brains like familial affection, fear, stress and anger are the same in all mammals.

Holding it marks you as either religious, and grasping for a need to justify the exceptionalism of the human animal, or as a person who's lifestyle has lead them to a place where they have a psychological need to distance themself from animals, perhaps a slaughterman or battery farmer.

The other option is you may simply have been taught that way and were never well read enough to question it.
>>
>>27488447
I'd like to be a plant. I don't like moving around much. Numales make me sick.

That's all I have to say.
>>
File: 1444621433128.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1444621433128.gif
2 MB, 500x500
Seems to me you've just now started to realize how social conditioning effects ones construct of reality... and by that reality itself. But don't stop at nihilism.... go deeper.
>>
>>27488447
>tfw all of your epiphanies are temporary
>tfw most of them were probably wrong anyway
>>
>>27492498
Do you have a professor named Morrissey?
>>
>>27492763
Nah, I learned everything he needed to teach me from his Smiths material.

His solo stuff is so-so without Johnny Marr's signature guitar sound.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.