[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I deal with my highly autistic friend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1453307171580.jpg (27 KB, 259x259) Image search: [Google]
1453307171580.jpg
27 KB, 259x259
First and foremost I'm autistic, but I have a good friend that is even more autistic than I am.

I took him on a trip with a few girls and he fell hard for one girl in particular because she is nerdy and was nice to him. He became obsessed with her and has been continually asking her out but she is always "busy". She finally agreed to meet with him and then friendzoned him. She explained she was going through a break up and that she was about to get very busy due to her new job. He accepted it at face value and rationalized it as her being completely honest. He continually ask her out and she is continously "busy".

I informed him he should move on but he gets ver angry when you point it out.

He is also paranoid about germs. He will inform you if you touch his hand if his hand accidentally touched his underwear or something weird. Whenever you point out this is not socially acceptable he'll get very angry and inform you that if your hand accidentally touched your underwear and touched his then he'd want to know, thus everyone else in the world should feel the same.

He is like this in social settings and you'll see him continually washing his hands. He'll also put his hands to his side and spread them out as he walks so he doesn't touch anything to get more germs on his hands.

I don't know how to deal with him anymore and none of my friends can handle him.

What can I do to help him?
>>
>>27476911
Just tell him to straight up fuck off next time he gets unjustly angry at you for telling him to not be retarded.
>>
>>27476911
I don't think you can do anything, unironically now, you can't deal with an autistic person so easily ( if he truly suffers from autism).The best way is to tell someone that can handle him.
>>
>>27476950
He is difficult to deal with. He believes this girl is actually 'busy' and justifies every time she can't hang out with him. You'll see him cleaning his phone screen over and over again and last week when my hand touched his shoe (by accident) he pointed out in a very serious way that my hand just in fact touched his shoe. He walks around really weird with his hands spread wide from his sides so he doesn't touch anything. Also, despite this girl telling him she doesn't like him that way he obsesses over her. This is literally one of the only girls that ever talked to him. He spent a few days with her because we were on a trip and he screwed up with her early. She wanted to take a shower first and he complained and made a big fuss over him not getting to shower first. He doesn't have self-awareness to know some of these things he does are wrong.
>>
>>27476911
This is fucking hilarious imagining this guy. Fuck man i thought i was bad
>>
>>27477076
Indeed, but I want to help him and I'm not sure how. He is almost too much for my friends.
>>
>>27476911
My brother has the spergs and it has taken years for us to get to where we are now.

>people are like puzzles or equations
>you have to figure out what makes them happy to complete the interaction correctly and win the just reward of not pissing people off unnecessarily
>sometimes you have to complete shitty puzzles and put aside your preferences to appease a group
>it doesn't make sense and it is pointless, but it makes people happy
>making people happy makes groups work efficiently, which makes your life easier
>it's like playing an rpg when you're out in public, you just gotta put your best face on

He's gotten better, but there are still times when I have to brace myself because I know it's a matter of time before we get in a fight with someone.

>he's learned that people like random compliments and you can use them to diffuse situations
>sometimes he doesn't come up with the best compliments
>"Oh, you know, you should never be insecure about the way you look. Susan Boyle is a celebrated, talented singer, and she's overweight!"
>"Purple and yellow is my favorite color combination. Not that I see people trying to match their clothes to their teeth often, but I'm glad that you've made the choice to be a pioneer. Good job. Why are you so angry all of a sudden?! Don't worry, tons of successful people have yellow teeth. You'll be fine."
>"Wow! You're growing a mustache, how brave! I'm glad to see women just being themselves out in public. You know I've always thought that French women were kind of sexy."
>"You're looking great man, good to see you. You know, I really like what you're doing with your work out. Those giant arms really do distract from freakishly tiny your little legs are."
>>
>>27477325
Your brother is asking to get fucked up by someone.
>>
>>27477027
Have you ever thought about getting him high?
>>
>>27477507
He is too moral. He complained that we once took something from a yard that he didn't get permission to take. It was just some sticks to use for a bonfire..
>>
>>27477507
What would getting him high do?
>>
>>27477500
He's won most fights so far. He is rather large and really has a talent for putting people in their place, but he doesn't realize that he wouldn't have to deal with confrontations if he wasn't so confrontational.

In the end, he's always complaining that
>Did you see that guy? He just started yelling at me for absolutely no reason. People are really beginning to lose their minds these days.
>>
>>27477669
Calm his ass down.
>>
>>27477673
He just sounds like an asshole
>>
>>27477705
If my friend is so moral as to take it a serious offense to take sticks from someone's yard to burn in a bonfire he wouldn't get high.He is very lawful and square.
>>
>>27477705
What if he freaks out instead?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.