[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are we here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 259x195
what was this show and that bizarre end film about?
i got the relationahip of the characters but didn't understand what does it tell us about life..

i still believe the symbolisms were mostly random japanese borrowing western religious imagery.

feel free to use this thred for
>why are we still here?
>just to suffer?
>you feel it too don't you
general
>>
>>27471892

We have an /m/ and /a/ board for a reason nerd.

>i still believe the symbolisms were mostly random japanese borrowing western religious imagery.

This is entirely it. It's just window dressing because they think it looks cool. They just as easily could have used Muslim or Shinto imagry. The Angels are just weird Aliens.

Also Christianity doesn't seem to exist in that Universe so no one notices the parallels.

>what was this show and that bizarre end film about?

Alien of the week mecha show that goes off the rails and subverts some expectations. Protagonist is a depressed beta and most of the main cast has some readily diagnosable problem.

The little life lesson it seems to be saying is that people can hurt each other, but you shouldn't let that overwelm you.
>>
>>27471981
i wanted the r9k anons to tell me their thought sometimes you get good insights by crossing boards..
>>
>>27471981
>The Angels are just weird Aliens.

In the anime universe they aren't actually.

They are about as earthling as any human. (considering that in eva universe we're all aliens by the strictest sense)

You know...Adam and Lilith. (the eva universe ones, not the bible ones)
Lilith created Humans, Adam created the angels.

Adam went kaboom and did the 2nd impact.
Lilith went kaboom and did the 3rd impact.

Neither of the two was actually an impact.

At least if I recall correctly.

Also it's all about how everyone is broken.
So if you feel depressed and like shit...
just
bee
yourself
human interaction is painful for everyone, it's just that other people learned to suck it up.
And one day you'll find the right person! (as unlikely as it seems for Shinji it was Asuka and vice versa)
>>
File: genesis.jpg (978 KB, 1280x1915) Image search: [Google]
genesis.jpg
978 KB, 1280x1915
>>27471892

loved it don't care about the random symbolism i just loved it

human interaction is difficult and causes unspeakable pain, humans are by nature lonely

>why are we still here?

Life happens randomly all around the universe

>just to suffer?

Suffering and misery are a human concept, stars and planets are formed and destroyed continuously, as humans we tend to go deep into things that have no deeper meaning

i just want to die and be at peace
>>
>>27471892
The entire show has led up to one, meaningless statement, "Just be yourself". That's it. It's "Normie: The anime".
Literal trash.
>>
File: 1456528000447.jpg (2 MB, 2447x3500) Image search: [Google]
1456528000447.jpg
2 MB, 2447x3500
IMO, all the episodes except the last three were vapid character development with cheesy action scenes.
But the last three episodes were really good, yeah, made me sort of rethink things and gave me a different outlook on human interaction.

What I got out of it is that your purpose in life is to continue onwards through connections with people that you foster by doing what you enjoy, or what may be "cut-out" for you. It is what will cause you to continue through your life and create more human interactions, which is essentially your underlying purpose in life, to interact, learn, help, teach, and motivate people to continue onwards. Loneliness is your compulsion to go out and find something that you want to do, veiled as a negative human condition, while in reality, it's your mind, your soul, whatever you believe, telling you to find your niche, and find your purpose in life.

>why are we still here?
To find a purpose
>just to suffer?
No, unless you make that life for yourself, life is, in itself, enjoyable.
Sometimes, but then I remember that I have a life to look forward to.
>>
>>27472290
but then big Rei poped everyone like a baloon. and Shinji fapped on Asuka and didn't hook up.
>>
Nothing will be solved until we all dissolve to angel goo
Its the only way to be truly intimate

Also shinji should've never gotten in the robot
He really opened Pandora's box
Shoulda said fuck this and walked away, cause humanity was a dumb idea
But nahh daddy issues and shit

Also the whole anime was rife with ephobophilia kek it was pretty funny

Didn't seem to give a solution, just a said this is the way things unfortunately are

Overall it only furthered my disenchantment with "human" ideals.
>>
To me the show was about how people cope with a fear of connecting with one another, and the beauty and necessity of separation, despite how painful and lonely it can be.
>>
File: tumblr_n4itehVsBV1ri0q9ro1_1280.jpg (483 KB, 708x564) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4itehVsBV1ri0q9ro1_1280.jpg
483 KB, 708x564
>>27472521
>but then big Rei poped everyone like a baloon.
Lilith and the 3rd impact.

>and Shinji fapped on Asuka and didn't hook up.
That was before.

EoE is just the big bucks version of the last 2 episodes.

The whole Shinji on a chair talking with everyone else is him choosing to "pop" or not, since Rei/Lilith decided to give everyone that choice.

Seems like at least Shinji and Asuka decided to not pop.

Then the two lovebirds wake up to a partially LCLed world.

Then Shinji started strangling Asuka (due to all his betaness and resentment bottled up) and she caressed him so he stopped.

And then they lived happily ever after.

It's strangely "/r9k/ finally becomes happy" the anime. But with more action and explosions.

First watched Evangelion a couple years after it came out, still one of my favourite animes.
>>
>>27472889
I thought Shinji does pop but reforms after he comes to accept life. It doesn't happen on screen but the sound effect is heard.
>>
File: file.png (328 KB, 600x348) Image search: [Google]
file.png
328 KB, 600x348
even though humans may hurt one another, the moments of beauty and compassion that can only be created by human interaction make it worthwhile

stop running away

if you run away, there is a guaranteed 0% chance of you being happy

if you face your problems, there's still a chance, no matter how small

life is about taking the good with the bad. shinji realizes this at the very end, which is why he chooses to live real life instead of staying in the big primordial soup cuddle pile.
>>
File: seele_sound_only.jpg (51 KB, 516x1162) Image search: [Google]
seele_sound_only.jpg
51 KB, 516x1162
>mfw Shinji ruined the LCL hugbox
Just had to listen to that fucking motivational talk, didn't you? Little shit, that's fucking 19 centuries of planning out the window.
>>
>>27473095
I think that is correct. After all, Asuka gets torn to shreds and she is just injured when they wake up, and it is implied that everyone who wants to will come back as well.
>>
>>27473095
The fuck do I know?
Probably you're right and they all pop and have the chance to unpop.

Still the End of Evangelion is "/r9k/ finally becomes happy '97".

"Oh I'm so depressed I want to kill myself."
"I want to run away!!!"
"I'm a betafag that represses every single feeling."
"Except when I feel like wanking looking at Asuka."
"It's the end of the world!"
"I'm too much of a wuss to let myself die, so let me go back."
"A girl touched me, I'm so happy!! Everything is fine now!!"

t. /r9k/...oh wait, Shinji Ikari
>>
>>27473494
That is true, though Shinji is more like lil'/r9k/. NHK is more like /r9k/ becomes happy, and Shinji is like a younger Satou (with giant robot and immense family issues).
>>
>>27472889
Fuck off shipper.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.