[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robot tried going to a fancy restaurant? Like a French restaurant,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
Any robot tried going to a fancy restaurant? Like a French restaurant, orderingg a propper 3 course meal? I think going to Pizza Hut alone is too much.

Have you tried it? Do restaurants even let you dine alone? Do people stare?
>>
>>27443666
I honestly can't see a place turning away a paying customer. I guess some of the other people dining might look at you funny, but they will be too wrapped up in their own shit to pay that much mind to you. This is generally the case in most public settings that you go to alone. You might get looks initially, but most people really don't care.

Here's the bonus though, if you tip well and are not a dick, the staff at places like this will treat you awesome. The same goes for any other high end type place you could go. If you can afford to eat at a restaurant like that, then by all means give it a shot.

Also your post made me think of this. Pretty good movie if you haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ7CNUuoe3E
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>27443666

I goto Michelin star restaurants quite often. But I am Chad though so I go with either my fiancee or gf
>>
File: 1430307951447.gif (253 KB, 447x415) Image search: [Google]
1430307951447.gif
253 KB, 447x415
>>27443835
>fiancee or gf

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT
>>
>>27443666
yep just go and sit there smirking and looking judgingly at people, then they'll all think your a fancy food crtique insted of lonley man
>>
It's common. Of course you wouldnt do it on Valentine's day but aside from that its reasonable. What do you think people travelling do?

I ate lunch in the same place every weekday for about four years and got to know the owner and the staff well. It was cheaper than the McDonald's across the street, tasted much better and they knew how to run their business.
>>
>>27443795
I disagree in that I don't believe other people will look at you funny. Perhaps you're not from town and are on a business trip, or maybe your job schedule is incompatible with that of your (assumed) partner, there's a hundred real life reasons why a person might be dining alone, and I think normies will rather think of one of those rather than thinking you have no friends (Something they mostly can't even fathom), and that's even if they notice you. When I go eat outside with people I normally don't even look at who else is in the restaurant
>>
Poorfag here. I feel really out of place in nice restaurants. I feel like the waiter knows I'm a poorfag pleb and looks down on me. Hell I feel like that even in shitty restaurants like Applebee's. The only restaurants I feel remotely comfortable in is places like McDonalds. And even then barely.
>>
File: 1427527203822.jpg (53 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
1427527203822.jpg
53 KB, 500x505
No people don't stare because you're too un-important to actually be stared at unless you have some loud color clothing on. Just dress normal, go enjoy yourself. I see people as well as I do it all the time. I went to eat vietnamese by myself today too, place was filled with family and couples all dressed up from church and shit but I just brought headphones and watched netflix on my phone.

Fuck everybody and enjoy yourself.
>>
>>27443983
I feel like your scenario is different. It's really not that common to go to a fancy restaurant alone. Generally the reason you're going is to impress the people you're taking or because you are going with other people who can afford it as well.

Anyone can go to some sidewalk cafe and eat lunch by themselves. I do that all the time. What OP appears to be talking about is going to a restaurant where the full dining experience will be at least $50 or more depending on what he orders, just for himself, not some place cheaper than McDonald's.
>>
>>27444058
Dude they work at a restaurant lol who gives a fuck what they think.
>>
>>27444010
As I state here >>27444096, it is really uncommon/unreasonable for people to go to expensive restaurants like that alone. You can get just as good or better food for cheaper.
>>
File: 1454004253001.jpg (19 KB, 380x376) Image search: [Google]
1454004253001.jpg
19 KB, 380x376
>>27444010
>and I think normies will rather think of one of those rather than thinking you have no friends (Something they mostly can't even fathom)

I keep forgetting about that thing. How normies cannot even consider a forever alone.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.