[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get friends/gf?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1456790694309.jpg (213 KB, 532x543) Image search: [Google]
1456790694309.jpg
213 KB, 532x543
Help me robots!

Until recently I have hated people and social interaction but now I crave a gf and friends.

I'm not ugly and I can hold my own in a conversation I'm just a bit short. I think I could fit in with normies if I tried.

So how do I get friends and a gf? I have no idea. I'm 19 and going to uni this fall.
>>
>>27439177
Join a club or a group of some kind, that's the key. If you put yourself in a club and actually make an effort to talk to people early on you will be set.

Don't worry about introductions when you get to uni, everyone is going to be equally nervous, nobody will bite your head off, just go up and talk to people, introduce yourself, ask what programs they're in, etc...

There will be a lot of events at the beginning where you can meet people, be sure to take advantage of the atmosphere early on because it gets more difficult to find friends as the semester goes on (not impossible, just more difficult).
>>
>>27439177
Same boat, OP. Although I don't crave a gf and friends. My faculty, like every other, will have this "initiation" where you do crazy shit and get drunk. I'll have to go if I don't want to be an outcast. And then, there will be these parties frm 4 to 7. I'll go to one, maybe I'll enjoy it. But I don't think I will.
>>
>>27439229
Adding on to this, you're going to want to force yourself to talk to people, but don't force yourself to really like them, try to find a group of people you actually want to be friends with, people you feel comfortable around and have things in common with.

If you only meet people you don't really like, neither of you are going to have a real incentive to want to hang out or anything and it's a real bummer.

You shouldn't need to worry about this too much, you should just try talking to as many people as possible and look for people you think you'll be comfortable around.
>>
Not op but I think i have a plan
>searched what clubs my college has
>only one of possible interest is kpop
>have free meetings multiple times a week
>going to loiter awkwardly outside their room
>watch what kind of people go in
I figure as long as they're not all Korean I'll try to join them even if it's all neckbeards
I dont know shit about korean culture
>>
>>27439177
If you can blend with normies then you're most likely a normie yourself. Just do it. JUST DO IT.
>>
>>27439229
Thanks for the advice. I missed out on the introductions in high school and didn't attend any of the group activities because I didn't feel like it at the time so I got no friends.

I also heard I should keep my dorm door open so people can walk in and hang out if they feel like it. I don't know if that's a meme though.

Apart from the clubs that share my obvious interests, are there any other you would recommend me to try joining?
>>
>>27439576
I would definitely consider myself a robot until recently. I hated socializing and went to great lengths to be alone.

I just had a realization that I could actually have fun and be happy if I had friends or a gf. So now I wanna be a normie if that makes sense.
>>
>>27439272
Try to find at least one friend and go to a party together. Hang around this person as much as you can and try to be somewhat entertaining and I think you might learn to appreciate parties. That's what I did in high school at least.
>>
>>27439177
Hey op my friend once told me some advice.

Basically its how a conversation works. It sounds patronizing but up until that point I realized I kept making it out to be something really difficult. When its not.

>First you spot someone you think you'd like to talk to.

No need to creep a room, just go over to people or naturally gravitate to people areas. At things like parties if you go outside by yourself people will think you want to be by yourself.

>Then go up and talk to them.

Saying just "hello" can often feel awkward, but uniquely if you say "Hello" the natural response for someone is to say something back.

>Then pose a question.

After they respond, mention something about what they are currently focused upon. For example I met alot of my current friends at a gaming club as they stood watching a MtG game. At that point I said "Do you think they will ever add a new colour to MtG?"

>Now the trick: as you ask the question, relate your own view on the answer, then ask for their view.

So taking the MtG example I said:

"Do you think they will ever add a new colour to MtG? I don't think they will because of the way that the current system is balanced and issues with legacy. What about you?"

>At that point they will say something. Now you 'find' a question in their answer and do the same as above.

So again in this case the guy said something like "I think something like Purple-Void would work." To which I went "Yeah maybe, but I think it would need it's own unique mechanics, what would you think it would be?"

>And so on and so on

Now I don't find it hard to speak to people at all.
>>
>>27439177
>I'm not ugly

If this was true, you would already have a GF and friends.
>>
>>27439177
Party a lot. Get into some social groups. The rest will come naturally
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.