[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been told that I have interesting hobbies/interests
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 400x480
I've been told that I have interesting hobbies/interests and that I look "average" or "okay" (code for mildly ugly), but there's just some quality about me that makes me lack presence and makes me so unappealing to other people that I am invariably the only person in a room sitting alone at any given time while everyone else is talking to someone else, and no matter how much I try to find reasonable gaps to try to politely insert myself into a group conversation or try to go out of my way to talk to people and be friendly and share my interests with people, nothing ever changes. I remember constantly feeling this way even from elementary school, and now I am in college.

I have a lot of vague ideas on it, but I don't know for sure how I could have become such a loner, even despite always being told or otherwise inferring that I am weird or different from others.
>>
I've experienced the same thing to some extent. I honestly have no idea what it is. I'm not ugly, I've been told that I'm handsome and got lots of matches on tinder when I had it. I really have no idea. I think what it comes down to is just a fundamentally different way of seeing the world that is difficult to detect simply because I am so used to it. I can talk to people fluidly, keep the conversation going as long as you want, make jokes and whatnot, but when people do things they don't invite me. My friends never message me first, but they're happy to talk once I text them. It seems to me that there's something wrong with me that is obvious to everyone around me that biases them against me just slightly. Not enough to avoid me or tell me what's wrong, just enough that they won't deal with me if they don't have to.
>>
>>27428015
too bad this thread died
>>
>>27427402
>>27428015
Have either of you asked people around you if they think there's anything wrong with you? If you have nothing to lose then there's no harm asking them.
>>
>>27428015
That's exactly how i feel. I can talk to people and i have a couple of friends. But when it is stuff like birthdays or whatnot i don't get invited...
>>
File: sæti (ekki jóhann).jpg (4 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
sæti (ekki jóhann).jpg
4 KB, 284x177
>>27428284
That's actually a pretty good idea, thanks.
>>
>>27428354
Not sure if you're being sarcastic. But you're welcome anyway.
>>
>>27427402
>>27428015
I've felt that way sometimes in my life, I think they feel something "off" about me, not sure what exactly is (but I wouldn't deny there is something not normal about me)
>>
>>27428284
Not either of those anons, but asking a question like that opens up the idea of myself being incredibly insecure, which I am however I do not think people want to see nor hear that side of a person unless they are relatively close.
>>
>>27429538
I'm not sure then. But if I were you and I wanted to improve myself the first thing I'd do is find out what's actually wrong with me.
>>
>>27428284

I don't know that there's any chance of getting an honest answer to that question. The summation of that question is "why do you hate me" and nobody wants to be pinned with the responsibility of giving that a real answer. They'd say "no no, I don't!"
>>
>>27430132
Good point. Normalfags really are scum. Why can't people be more honest? I'd prefer brutal honesty to kind lies.
>>
Haha... this is exactly how I've been feeling. Nobody ever initiates with me and I'm always the one to talk to them.

Maybe normalfags can sense a robot?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.