[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm really fed up with this identity politics bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: the 21st century question.jpg (48 KB, 367x572) Image search: [Google]
the 21st century question.jpg
48 KB, 367x572
I'm really fed up with this identity politics bullshit

What's wrong with being a man? What's wrong with being white? I'm not supposed to blame your actions on being black or mexican but you can say I'm guilty of crimes my ancestors may have committed hundreds of years ago?
>>
Liberals are brainwashed cultists and it is futile trying to reason with them.
>>
Well who are you arguing with? Obviously most white guys would agree with you. You do not have to pay for the sins of your ancestors.
>>
Part of the rationale behind the last question you pose is that Whites benefited from slavery, while Blacks did not. Males benefited under the patriarchal capitalist system, while women remained oppressed.

Each statement has elements of truth -- Whites did benefit obviously and men statistically and factually speaking are typically earning more and higher ranked than women. The result is that current whiles inherited more because of a system that previously favored them to a much more blatant, higher degree. Recall that less than a decade ago, Blacks couldn't drink from the same water fountain or enter the same restaurants as Whites. Women were openly thrashed with misogynist terms and prohibited from something as simple and I wonder if ineffectual as voting.

At this particular point in the U.S. there's often little excuse for people to stay behind other than poor choices, now that much of the formal oppression has been removed. But the effects still linger.

Personally, as a Black kid who made it out of the projects and is now enjoying a life of relaxation, when I'm not working at the law office, I believe anyone can make it in America. It's just harder for some people. Blacks need to abandon shit culture like jordans, swag, all that shit that won't get them anywhere. Women legit face oppression still, but also have numerous benefits over males they don't acknowledge or even seem to realize.
>>
>>27415691
>Recall that less than a decade ago, Blacks couldn't drink from the same water fountain or enter the same restaurants as Whites.

Damn, I didn't know 2007 was part of the golden years.
>>
>>27415731
Anon, I meant century. There goes my post.

All of it, because I mis-wrote. Such is the nature of internet argumentation.
>>
>>27415253
Nothing about your whiteness makes you special or unique

Deriving your whole identity from your skin color is an act of utter desperation, there is no 'white culture' most whites outside of the US don't even share a common language.

Being white doesn't automatically make you a Teutonic knight

Don't get me started on black people
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.