[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here had therapy for Avoidant Personality Disorder?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: avoidant personality.jpg (18 KB, 300x201) Image search: [Google]
avoidant personality.jpg
18 KB, 300x201
Anyone here had therapy for Avoidant Personality Disorder?

What did your therapist recommend?

I'm /poor/ and can't afford therapy, so I'm going to try to treat this myself.

I also have access to ssri's and benzos if it matters.
>>
why did you self-diagnose yourself

don't do that
>>
>>27382383
Yeah, I understand the problems of self-diagnsis I don't have enough money to get a professional opinion.
I fit the criteria in the DSM-5 pretty much exactly though.

>Avoids occupational activities involving significant interpersonal contact, due to fears of criticism, disapproval, or rejection

>Is unwilling to get involved with people unless certain of acceptance

>Shows restraint within intimate relationships due to fears of shame or ridicule

>Preoccupied with fears of receiving criticism or rejection in social situations

>Inhibited in new interpersonal situations due to feelings of inadequacy

>Considers self as inferior to others, socially inept, or personally unappealing

>Is unusually reluctant to take personal risks or to engage in any new activities because they may prove embarrassing

This pretty much sums up my whole life.
>>
>>27382321
You don't need drugs you just need to be yourself.
>>
>>27382321
is that a muslim guy reciting his prayer?
>>
>>27382321
If you actually have it then you can't treat it.
The people that were "cured" only had some form anxiety and never had avpd to begin with.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.