[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like every time I pick up my phone to text someone I suddenly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (56 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
56 KB, 1080x1080
I feel like every time I pick up my phone to text someone I suddenly realize, oh, there isn't anyone. I check my phone expecting notifications, but there aren't any.

In my school there are a lot of groups and you're supposed to find one and stick with them, but I never did. I'm always "friends" (more like acquaintances) with one or two people from a group and always multiple groups. Nobody invites me to chill because the other members don't know me and I can't set up anything because all my "friends" aren't friends with each other. I feel pretty alone in a highly populated school.

There are plenty of people who would probably say they're friends with me, but I don't look at it that way. I consider them acquaintances because they act that way. They never hang out with me, or text me, or do work with me on off classes. They distance themselves from me outside of actual classrooms. They never make an effort to say Hello. Am I wrong for not considering them friends? What can I do to just get out there and be with people?
>>
>>27372786
How old are you? This is like an elementary school problem.
>>
>>27372798
18, senior

And it's more common than you think
>>
File: 1457304429917s.jpg (9 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
1457304429917s.jpg
9 KB, 216x233
>>27372786
>started uni three weeks ago
>shit, i've got to meet people
>don't want to be a robot
>talk with at least 14 different people, grills and guys alike
>absolutely no problem, laugh and share stories
>never speak to them again since we first met
>sit as far as possible from them

My life is becoming a joke
>>
>>27373098
I start uni this fall and that's my exact fear
>>
>>27373098
Also I've always tried hard to make friends. It's not like I sit in a corner and expect people to approach me.
>join football freshman year
>make a few friends, have table to sit at during lunch
>by sophomore year they become the "go out, get crunk and get arrested" type instead of the "lets just chill and see a movie or some shit" type that I am
>also a track thrower frosh but not really any friends there
>sophomore year start rugby
>some guys but they're mostly from the football team anyway
>soph summer and junior year have a really chill group of friends
>turns out they're all assholes and we disband
>senior year, this dilemma
>>
>>27373171
Forgot to mention I started handball now too, hoping it works out well. I'm chill with a couple guys but again, it's not like they'll ever hang out with me
>>
File: 1458598821969.png (30 KB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
1458598821969.png
30 KB, 246x200
>>27373171
Yeah, senior year was kinda shitty to me because I started to feel like nothing is worth doing.

>not giving a shit about grades since sophomore year
>grades go up somehow
>half of my friend become Chads and want to party literally everyday
>they pressure me to go with them, cave in once
>it wasn't that bad, but not my scene.
>got to listen to Darude Sandstorm played unironically
>other half of friends are even more autistic than me and make me feel like the stereotypical nerd when I'm with them
>feel alone

At least I was the mascot for my class' team when the school anniversary came around, and I got lots of attention because nobody expected it. I felt like shit and still do.
>>
>>27373341
I'm just not the party type. Everyone else is. Even if I was invited to one I'd just stand in a corner the whole time. I'd rather do something fun or meaningful with people, even childish, rather than just get drunk and crash your mother's fucking jeep into a tree goddamn it Leslie
>>
File: 1453566760447.jpg (55 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1453566760447.jpg
55 KB, 800x600
>>27373187
Hey man, you probably have done this but have you tried to initiate you? Literally everyone I know likes some vidya, at least they have played Super Smash Bros.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.