[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /r9k/ I need some advice. I am trying to make a "
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: excision_1.png (2 KB, 128x100) Image search: [Google]
excision_1.png
2 KB, 128x100
Okay /r9k/ I need some advice.

I am trying to make a "movie" but it's really just a series of still-image frames with sound effects, maybe voice over narration, definitely original music I am working on writing.

The story is crazily long and involves a lot of battles and what not. Think something like Lord of the Rings or Avatar.

Basically it'd be one frame shown every five or so seconds, kind of like a comic book being shown in series.

I am trying to decide between using:

pixel art
> advantages: I can somewhat make up for my terrible drawing skills.
> Disadvantages, it has to be done entirely on the computer and is tedious to produce, and also lacks detail.

Or thumbnail drawings on index cards
> advantages: can work on during classes / whenever, more detail
> disadvantages: has to be scanned in and colored, and I am not very good at drawing.

I will post both to see what you prefer. Also drawfag thread I guess.

http://imgur.com/a/pU7O0 <--- album of some of the pixel art, I'll post the thumbnail drawings in a second.
>>
Okay and here's a few of the thumbnail drawing (partially colored and I won't use stickmen when I redraw them:

http://imgur.com/a/XTh7r

Basically I draw them on half-size index cards or maybe full size index cards. Ink them, scan them in, set contrast to 100% and fiddle with brightness for line thickness. Then color them in MSpaint.

I am tempted to go with pixel art but it's just so tedious and it's also hard to enlarge the pictures without anti-aliasing (have to do it in MSpaint with selector tool then realign the border because regular enlarge just makes it blurry).

But anyway it's really a matter of which you prefer. I know I'm not very good at drawing but I want to make a visual story out of this in addition to the giant novel I've already partly written so feedback would be nice.
>>
>>27371648

This one. The 2nd style.

What is a good program to extract sound from a video clip?
>>
>>27371648
2nd, but get some shadowing in there
>>
>>27371681

youtube-mp3.org will take a youtube video and turn it into mp3.

>>27371757

Will do. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>27371648
depends on the themes of the story as to which will fit best

theres an insane amount of free high quality art which is CC0 here:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

which you could use...
>>
>>27372164

True. I don't know how much of that I would use but I will look at it. thanks.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.