[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motivation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Does anyone else have a hard time understanding history, and political movements, because of lack of motivation? I have no motivation to do anything, so I don't understand why people throughout history cared so deeply about so many things. Like I have no idea why someone would be willing to risk their life and fight in a skirmish just over an ideal, or a religion, or some land. I don't get it.
>>
>>27297612
Ego. You don't care about yourself so you don't care if others do.
>>
>>27297612
I'm the same way, but I understand that back in those days, it was the only way you could possibly stay alive. If you wanted food, water, or shelter, you had to band together with other people, even if you had a shitty role. Also, people were really gullible and didn't understand every higher power is corrupt.
>>
>>27297612

Because you have too much endless entertainment. God is dead, and you have and endless array of stimulation. Food is readily available, if you're poor you get government subsidies, if you're not poor you make just enough to get by, and if you're wealthy nothing matters.

You're satiated, so you can have people step all over your rights, you still get to go home and shitpost on the internet.

It has nothing to do with what >>27297657 said, that is just a meme phrase.
>>
Society discourages this level of passion these days.
It's why all these bleeding heart liberals hate the military, hate politicians with actual leadership qualities, and think the ideal society is getting paid just for being alive and working if you "feel like it" that day.

I am the opposite of you OP. I have tremendous amount of passion in my life but no way to express it.

The military has been put on a short leash and is expected to wage a "moral war" where you only shoot people if they shoot at you first.
I'm not allowed to reap the benefits of my station as an upper class white male, I am coerced into apologizing to and subsidizing the less fortunate.
I am not allowed to express my feelings for an attractive woman. It is harassment in 9/10 cases.
I am not allowed to use vulgar language like retard, cunt, gay, faggot, nigger, etc because it might offend someone who identifies as a retard, cunt, faggot, nigger, etc.

The popular belief in this day and age is to look at the greatest, most powerful, most economically successful nation to ever exist on the planet earth and claim that the policies of its history were flawed, broken, wrong, misguided, and unfair.

And what it all comes down to is the stifling of passion.
>>
>>27297757
This makes no sense because there are people just like you who aren't sacks of shit. This poster just likes to blame others for his problems. Don't listen to him OP. He calls me a "meme" for saying that you can change you. Why would you listen to that.

>>27297861
Society does it at the same level they always have
>>
>>27297935

Somebody was feeling personally attacked when writing this. kek.
>>
>>27297973
He attacked me so he could call me out on the point that I called him out for using ad hom. I'm telling you OP. don't blame others for your problems or you'll end up like this guy
>>
>>27297612
History as we know it is just a collection of the darkest memes

True story

I happen to love history
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.