[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have zero (0) irl friends, I was fine with it till relatively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I have zero (0) irl friends, I was fine with it till relatively recently because I thought as long I can immerse myself in my escapism I would be fine.
Problem is lately I've been having this stinging sad feeling of wanting to being able to have a friend that I can easily meet in person even though I'm shy ugly fuck that has no idea how to have a conversation, on top of that there's my inner elitist asshole that doesn't want to deal with your generic "dudebro" person of your same age because they're either boring with their tastes, have so many friends they overwhelm me and make me even more uncomfortable, they're your usual obnoxious teen weeaboo that wants to kill everyone starting from their parents or whatever excuse my brain comes up with at the moment to avoid talking with them.

Does anyone remotely get what I'm trying to express?
>>
I had an issue with this when I was growing up. I figured I was better off by myself and figured fuck real friends, don't need em when I have "online" friends. Even those ones didn't like me.

You just sorta need to leave your comfort zone. There really aren't that many "dudebro" guys like you think. If there are then you aren't going into the right crowd for you, so choose a different one.

That being said I only have 3 friends, one of which I barely see in real life because that's all I really need.
>>
I wish we could have a zeemap thread here to see if we can meet fellow robots. Nothing obnoxious or kinky like /soc/ does, just fellow anons who want to struggle against real life together.
>>
I am the same way

I wish I could just talk to someone or go out with them on the weekend, maybe just once a month I don't need a lot

I immerse myself in anime, imageboards, video games, and as of a few months ago I have gained a interest in philosophy
I used to spend a lot of time trying to learn Spanish but I got bored with that and I had no one to talk to so all I was really learning was how to read and write latin American internet slang
I have also been exercising to try to fight the loneliness and this works the best for a few hours

I am not happy but I am not sure it matters

Are people with friends actually happy? The longer I am like this I become more convinced that they aren't and that nobody is actually happy
>>
>>27348903
There really should be an official dating thing other than /soc/. I think /soc/ only attracts people from the more popular boards, usually the more extroverted and less cynical types. Basically, the ones who aren't as isolated anyway.

/r9k/ would be a good alternative. But it would need to be a constant general and uniform, no point if theres competing skype/omegle/zeemap threads. Zeemap seems best.
>>
>>27349388
One contained general seems the best, not even need to shill your contact every time, just make a OP with the zeemaps link and a google spreadsheet for skype contacts. Heck maybe there isn't even need for the general, just slap those two links in the pinned thread.
No need to clutter the board with shit like /soc/ does, I doubt the people here are looking for one fuck and bye type of meetings.
>>
i feel you, OP. it's even harder when you shed your friends, go to make new ones, then you've just met the same exact type of people you just shed away from you.

for me i was shedding the 420 blazeit dudebro faggits.
then i started making new friends at work and they turned out to be the same exact thing, but instead of dudebro, they're graffiti taggers.

you don't want to keep repeating the cycle, because i actually want friends.
but how do i meet people that don't confuse and piss me off with their bullshit? (why do you want to be a tagger if you keep ending up in jail with fines that you have to keep paying off????)
>>
>>27348903
>>>/soc/
but wait, /soc/ is already here. you're fucked if you think you can make a robot map. It's better to believe that they're robots, and then forget the fact that they laugh at us and our problems daily because they can't compute that it could happen and we can't register that they're not laughing with us. Pretend they're robots, maybe crank the edge back a cent or two. It'll work out anon. Just trick yourself into believing that they might be compatible. People aren't that bad if both parties have positive expectations. However, it's still hard to find someone that's actually kinda compatible/enjoyable. I think the big net approach is the only approach.
>>
>>27350219
I checked that board but it seems it's just people who only want to fuck, I don't want that.
>>
>>27350118
join clubs d00d
>>
>>27350470
i'll look into it. clubs are also intimidating though because everyone there is already familiar with each other and has tenure built up.
it's a situation where you'd an outsider and i have no idea how welcoming clubs are, they could be a bunch of elitist Redditors for all i know and most likely are.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.