[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In this thread I will post quotations about Theodore Kaczynski
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12
File: ted33.jpg (71 KB, 287x425) Image search: [Google]
ted33.jpg
71 KB, 287x425
In this thread I will post quotations about Theodore Kaczynski AKA The Unabomber.

Please bump the thread if it interests you.
>>
File: 1457882424562.jpg (94 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
1457882424562.jpg
94 KB, 500x489
yes, please post some sick quotes
>>
File: ted5.jpg (27 KB, 515x300) Image search: [Google]
ted5.jpg
27 KB, 515x300
The first set of quotations are from a lengthy, in-depth article about Ted's life titled "Prisoner of Rage -- A special report.;From a Child of Promise to the Unabom Suspect" published in the New York Times in 1996.

On a neighbour's memory of the young Ted

>"he remembered Teddy as skinny and self-absorbed. "He was strictly a loner," Dr. Weinberg said. "This kid didn't play. No. No. He was an old man before his time.""

On highschool classmate Bill Phelan's memory of Ted

>"By the time he entered Evergreen Park Community High School, Teddy was having more trouble fitting in. [...] most classmates [...] regarded him as alien, or not at all. To Bill Phelan, Teddy was a nerd: thin, short, quiet, painfully shy. "He was reading books, and I was playing sports and drinking beer," Mr. Phelan said. "He wasn't in my world. He was in his own world.""

On highschool classmate Loren De Young's memory of Ted

>"Loren De Young remembered him as a kind of nonperson. "He was never really seen as a person, as an individual personality," he said. "He was always regarded as a walking brain, so to speak.""
>>
File: ted39.jpg (74 KB, 426x425) Image search: [Google]
ted39.jpg
74 KB, 426x425
On fellow Harvard students' memory of Ted

>"what they remembered about him at Harvard were his annoying trombone blasts in the dead of night, the primordial stench of rotting food that drifted from his room, his odd metronomic habit of rocking back and forth on a chair as he studied, and his icy aloofness as he strode through the suite, saying nothing, slamming his door to shut them out."

On Harvard suitmate Patrick McIntosh's memory of Ted

>""I don't recall more than 10 words being spoken by him." [...] "He was intensely introverted," Mr. McIntosh said of Mr. Kaczynski. "He wouldn't allow us to know him. I never met anybody like him who was as extreme in avoiding socialization. He would almost run to his room to avoid a conversation if one of us tried to approach him.""

On Ted's summers away from college

>"Ted returned to Evergreen Park [his parents' house] in the summers and spent most of his time in his room. David said his brother liked classical music and folk singers, but disliked "products of the mass culture." He did not like television or rock 'n' roll, and loud noises infuriated him, David said."
>>
do go on with the quotes please
>>
>>27334717
If you're into Kaczynski - read Zerzan (he's on LibGen) and Ellul.
>>
File: ted21.jpg (105 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
ted21.jpg
105 KB, 500x337
On Ted's behaviour having quit his college job and moved home

>"Living again at home, Mr. Kaczynski kept mostly to his bedroom. Awaiting word on his land application, he did nothing for more than a year. His parents urged him to get a job, not to make money but to give him something to do, to ease his mind. But the effort failed. Investigators who had access to letters Mr. Kaczynski wrote later said the parents' efforts were interpreted by their brooding son as unwarranted intrusions, pressure to conform to a world he hated."

On Ted's letter to a newspaper denouncing loud noises caused by technology

>""Technology exacerbates the effects of crowding because it puts increased disruptive powers in people's hands. For example, a variety of noise-making devices: power mowers, radios, motorcycles, etc. If the use of these devices is unrestricted, people who want peace and quiet are frustrated by the noise."

On Ted's instabilities

>"Slowly, too, the instabilities he had taken into the woods -- the inability to cope with people, the misreading of intentions, the obsessions and rigidities, the anger lurking behind the calm eyes -- deteriorated at last, leaving someone even his family did not recognize on the rare occasions they saw him, or in the hundreds of letters that finally stopped."
>>
File: ted17.jpg (100 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
ted17.jpg
100 KB, 500x336
On Ted's personality as perceived by others

>"People who had known Ted as a boy, as a high school and college student, as a professor at Berkeley and as a recluse in Montana, as well as investigators and witnesses in the Unabom case, have drawn a picture of a man whose life seemed destined to be torn apart [...] It is a funereal portrait of loneliness, obsession and contradictions [...] then total retreat from society; a concern for humanity and nature that led finally, officials say, to a one-man war against technology, and the cold calculation of the death of strangers."

On Ted's brother David remembering his kindness

>"He remembered small acts of kindness, too: how Ted once nailed a spool to the bottom of a screen door so that David, a toddler too small to reach the handle, could go in and out; how Ted later imparted his knowledge of woodsmanship and plant life, and how Ted only a few years ago sent him a picture of a child in a baseball cap with a note flecked with nostalgia. It said, "This picture reminded me of you and what kind of child you were.""
>>
you could write these exact quotes about literally anyone with asperger's
>>
File: 1458432098463.jpg (52 KB, 856x452) Image search: [Google]
1458432098463.jpg
52 KB, 856x452
>>27334717
daily reminder ted K was right!
>>
File: ted16.jpg (95 KB, 500x392) Image search: [Google]
ted16.jpg
95 KB, 500x392
On Ted's romantic / sexual experiences

>"aside from his mother, who doted on him as a boy, there appears to have been no substantive relationship with a woman in all his life"

On Ted's affection for his female factory supervisor

>"His supervisor was Ellen Tarmichael, a soft-spoken but no-nonsense woman [...] Ted Kaczynski became interested in late July 1978. He was 36, and she was 29. [...] They had two dates, Ms. Tarmichael recalled. She said he seemed intelligent and quiet, and she accepted a dinner invitation in late July. It was a French restaurant, David said, and Ted "ordered wine and he smelled it, he made a big deal of it." David added, "He had a good time." [...] Two weeks later, they went apple-picking and afterward went to his parents' home and baked a pie. That was when she told him she did not want to see him again. "I felt we didn't have much in common besides our employment," she said. "Ted did a total shutdown," retreating into his room, David said. He also wrote an insulting limerick about Ms. Tarmichael, made copies and posted them in lavatories and on walls around the factory. He did not sign the limerick, but his relationship with the woman was known."
>>
>>27335075
Majority of anarcho-primitivists provide legitimate criticism of our modern world, yet it's impossible to implement their postulates without said society going down (which is sort of the point, but not quite).

I said that earlier - read Kaczynski, Zerzan and Ellul for starters.
>>
File: ted41.jpg (119 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
ted41.jpg
119 KB, 500x346
On Ted's job at a truck stop in Montana

>"In the late summer of 1974, Ted also pumped gas and sold tires for a few weeks at Kibbey Korner Truck Stop in Raynesford, 100 miles east of Lincoln. It was a drifter's job -- a bunk went with it -- and no one held it for long [...] Ted's brief sojourn in Raynesford was also notable for a crude romantic overture he made to a 19-year-old college student who was working as a waitress in the truck-stop restaurant [...] To the waitress, Sandra Hill, he was just a shy, clean-shaven co-worker, a dozen years her senior. She said she had paid him little attention, and had no idea he was interested in her until she went back to school that fall and received three letters from him. One invited her to move with him to northern Canada and be his squaw. The second was almost a resume, in which he, as if applying for work, told her he was a Harvard graduate who had written and published papers in scientific journals. The third said he assumed she was not interested because she had ignored the first two."

On Ted's return home again at the age of 36

>"He went back to Lombard, back to his parents' home. This time, he did not resist their blandishments about work. On June 23, he took a job at the plant where his father worked part-time as a draftsman and where his brother, David, was now a supervisor. Ted was put to work as a press operator, cutting pieces of foam for cushions."
>>
The dude was clearly a sperg with no gf but i think mk ultra is what really sent him over the edge

sad cuz if he had gone about his 'manifesto' in a different way he probably couldve had a positive influence. He just didn't know how to communicate with people or the media, he admits as much.
>>
File: ted3.jpg (20 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ted3.jpg
20 KB, 320x240
On the FBI's imagined profile of the bomber during the investigation

>"Under great pressure to find the bomber, investigators developed a profile calling the suspect a loner, highly intelligent, meticulous, a quiet man who made lists and had trouble dealing with people, especially women, perhaps a sullen student or teacher. Tens of thousands of leads were pursued, all to no avail."
>>
this is all very interesting, keep posting please
>>
>>27334717
You are what makes r9k great here is a bump!
>>
are you a fellow Ted Fan like myself?

I've read many of his writings, watched many documentaries. I am very interested in his life.
I believe Ted was Completely right in what he Did, and that technology is bad. I hope to get in contact with him before he dies; does anyone know of a way how to do that?

he's like me in many ways although he's a lot smarter
>>
>>27335931
Theodore Kaczynski
USP FLORENCE ADMAX
U.S. PENITENTIARY
PO BOX 8500
FLORENCE, CO 81226

Not OP here, but just write him a letter. He already contacted a young Turkish anarchist girl who sent him letters, you can find the transcription online.
>>
>>27335931
you say he's completely right for mailing explosives
would like to see your justification for that
>>
>>27336050
thanks man

i'm pretty stupid, i'm in the UK how do i Write him a letter and send it to the US and get it back?
>>
>>27336109
Read his manifesto and you'll see that technology is evil and bad for humanity.

After Ted had one of his most favourite parts of the forest cut down for a road, he was angry at society. He already hated Technology but he decided to act on it. He killed 3 people, two were guilty of harming nature. Hugh Scrutton, the computer shop owner, I feel kind of bad for; he didn't do any big things to harm nature, but ultimately nature is more important than humanity and his death was a necessarry sacrifice to get teds manifesto out.
>>
>>27336109
Well, many people claim that if he'd just bombed vacant buildings, empty machinery etc., then he would be viewed as a sort of a folk hero. There's little justification for maiming or killing random cogs in the machine like the people he hurt.
>>
File: ted19.jpg (73 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
ted19.jpg
73 KB, 500x334
OP here. The following quotations are from the "Psychiatric Competency Report of Dr. Sally C. Johnson: Sept. 11, 1998", a publicly available document featuring detailed analysis of his character following numerous interviews with Ted.

On Ted's elementary school experience

>"Mr. Kaczynski attended kindergarten and grades one through four at Sherman Elementary School in Chicago [...] "Mr. Kaczynski described this skipping a grade as a pivotal event in his life. He remembers not fitting in with the older children and being the subject of Psychiatric Report Page 8 considerable verbal abuse and teasing from them. He did not describe having any close friends during that period of time."

On Ted's unhappiness in highschool

>"Throughout his writings and conversations, he focuses on the fact that he was moved from the fifth to seventh grade. He identifies this as the cause of his lack of development of social skills, a problem that continues with him to the present. Between the seventh and 12th grade, he perceived "a gradual increasing amount of hostility I had to face from the other kids. By the time I left high school, I was definitely regarded as a freak by a large segment of the student body.""

>>27335931
I don't support what he did, I just find him very interesting.
>>
>>27336114
I guess that a trip to the post-office would tell you more than I can. I'm not from the UK, but you'd probably have to get some kind of special postage stamp or something. Just ask for the rates on oversea letters.

From what I've read he responds to majority of the received correspondence, so unless you write some stupid, hurtful or embarassing shit, he'll send you back an answer. Good luck, please do post on 4chan if you get an answer!
>>
>>27336167
I read the entire manifesto. His hate for technology doesn't justify mailing explosives to 'nature-harmers'. What a fucking joke.
>>
>>27336167
I wrote that two times already, but still: if you're interested in legitimate, academic criticism of modern technological society, read John Zerzan or Jacques Ellul.
>>
>>27336234
cheers mate. I'll post if I get a reply.

>>27336243
That's your opinion then, I can't convince you.
>>
>>27336283
It's fact that there are plenty of other ways he could've gotten the media's attention and tried to break the cycle. If you honestly believe that he's right in needlessly killing people because he didn't know how to communicate then you should be in a psych ward.
>>
File: 66799f540017f74e4a55c5ee.jpg (289 KB, 1083x888) Image search: [Google]
66799f540017f74e4a55c5ee.jpg
289 KB, 1083x888
>>27334717
Still not as bad as this Kaczynski
>>
>>27336367
you really think the media would give him any attention if he just published it in a book or paper? no.

He was completely and utterly right.
>>
>>27336283
btw - you might want to add this number "04475-046", it's his prisoner number.
>>
>>27336442
There are plenty of famous people and scholars that didnt bomb people. Moreover, the bombing was counter-productive.

Now he's just looked at as a loon and by proxy so are his papers and any of the primitive arguments against technology that may have seen further testing / review / growth otherwise..

What he did was pure folly and in the end quite ineffective.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.