[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So there are some people (I've specifically found them abundant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1442937393225.jpg (372 KB, 686x522) Image search: [Google]
1442937393225.jpg
372 KB, 686x522
So there are some people (I've specifically found them abundant in real life in my Western Australian suburban high school or on youtube) who oppose feminism because they disagree with the hairy leg lesbian man hater stereotype and the like 3 very radical examples of feminism that they've encountered through youtube.

A common argument I've encountered and made mental note of is that while the feminist certain critiques are trying to debate makes a passing comment on how 'not all men are sexual predators or MRA feminist haters and that it's a generalisation, however these peple do still exist', they ignore the fact that that gross feminazi vocal minority exist. I'm going to say right now that I do believe that those people do exist, and that they are real feminists with valid opinions. Just because I don't agree with them doesn't mean that their opinions are any less important than mine.

I'm working on understanding just now how people come across this species of feminist and then disregard their opinions from the unorthodox and occasionally offensive way that they are presented with them. Some of these people can be confrontational and rude and that may put people off from the feminist movement and stop them from seeing the actual ideology in its true form.
>>
>>27329812
Another argument is that a lot of the people claim they understand feminism and then still attack someone when they say that feminism is equality between all genders, as if it's actually about women suppressing men as payback for the rest of human history or something like I don't really understand this one.

Some female feminism vloggers and bloggers constantly mention that their words would be taken more seriously if they were men, but I don't believe that's the case, because I feel like the only people who watch feminism videos on youtube are one of three groups: people who only know a bit about feminism and want to learn more so that they can understand this powerful, meaningful movement, people who are already feminists looking for validation of their beliefs if they've been challenged, or people who actively look to challenge or criticise the ideas presented (and sometimes insult the person making the argument's personality, as if their youtube list video of '15 reasons why I'm a feminist' displays any reasons to insult a person's personality apart from them being a feminist)

One last strange opinion that keeps cropping up: male feminists who either want to change the word feminist to 'equalist' or 'humanist', or have feminists identify as 'egalitarians' because the term makes no reference to the struggles faced by their own gender. I see this as a patriarchal view that these male feminists can't stand being perceived by others as being in the same category as feminists; almost likee they feel their own problems are more important to the world than actual gender equality, or even women's rights in the third world, which is much more important. I like the term feminism, because as much as men are oppressed too, women's rights still isn't a solved issue.

If you agree or disagree with any of these points, feel free to debate me, I'm a self proclaimed feminist, male gendered, 17, Western Australian
>>
did you copy this from reddit?

sage
>>
you write like a fucking retard

so much fluff, you come off more pretentious then high school girls in english class
>>
Bait, but I'll bite.

Feminism has had its ideals stolen by radicals, just give up on it and call yourself an egalitarian. You don't need to chain yourself to a bunch of crazies under the guise of equality.
>>
>>27329902
>Atheists' ideas have been stolen by the Radicals. Just give up and call yourself non-religious. you don't need to be grouped together with the crazies
>>
>>27329818
>I like the term feminism, because as much as men are oppressed too, women's rights still isn't a solved issue.

And neither are men's rights, but it's quite obvious that these are social problems and not legal problems, yet there is so much call for the law to change to fix these issues.

Feminism in not doing good, they have run out of actual oppression so they try to blame the world's problems on men. The entire movement right now is full of double standards and you are an idiot to support it.

Also, in 2011 affirmative action in Sweden was changed because it started to work in favor of men who were an under represented portion of college students. So they changed the clause about gender.

Feminism has no end goal that cares about equality of the sexes, they want to be on top.
>>
>>27329962
actually, I guess that kinda makles sense.
>>
>>27329962

But that's exactly how I feel. I don't care about the existence of God so much as I think organized religion is evil and nothing more than a tool for control.

Your dumb analogy literally changes nothing about my point.
>>
>>27329995
Yeah. as soon as I wrote it i thought thaat it pretty much does make sense, and people do do this, similar to you.
>>
>>27330019

You said "do do".
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.