[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who doesn't see the appeal of weed? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
File: stoner culture.png (204 KB, 740x960) Image search: [Google]
stoner culture.png
204 KB, 740x960
Am I the only one who doesn't see the appeal of weed? I just can't bring myself to using it at all. Tried it, didn't like it. And I don't get the hype around it either. As soon as I state this in real life people are flabbergasted.
Still don't get it. It's like heroine for pussies.
>>
Have you tried it at home in a comfy situation, or just at some house party when you were younger and got 3 drags off a shitty rolled joint?
>>
>>27368351

>have you done it in this context though

That's like saying: "ok you didn't like coffee, but have you tried it in an art nouveau setting with jazz in the background."
Still doesn't change it.
>>
The various weed strains can have incredibly different effects.

High THC low CBD strains provide a very different, much more intense experience from high CBD low THC strains.

Balanced strains also provide a different effect. Obviously a more "balanced" one.

>It's like heroine for pussies.

It's a lot different than heroin.

Heroin is a strong antipsychotic, and extremely addictive.

In some individuals, THC may actually induce psychosis, especially without the presence of the antipsychotic CBD, but it's not particularly addictive.

Both of them are very effective pain relievers though, although THC and other cannabinoids are usually better at relieving neuropathic pain, whereas opiates aren't particularly good at relieving neuropathic pain at all, generally.
>>
>>27368381

It would change it a lot, actually.

Funny you should mention it but I was drinking lots of coffee and listening to jazz yesterday morning and it was a good experience. A different one than if I'd just been drinking coffee without the music.

Set and setting matter.
>>
>>27368381
Not at all, I'm just saying that the setting I described is usually where most people have their first experience with weed, and it couldn't be any different from the actual experience people smoke for
>>
>>27368381
Yes it does, pot is a psychedelic, it does a lot more than give you a slight energy boost.
>>
Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean everyone has the same experience with it that you do and people are just pretending to like it. For me, weed makes me appreciate music, art, and humor a lot more, and creates time dilation. I like all of these effects. I would fucking never do heroin because it is addictive as hell. I don't know why you would even make the comparison.
>>
>>27368381

>comparing caffeine to THC

you dun gone retarded son
>>
>>27368381

Stupid logic/10

Lol faggot the setting, atmosphere, and strain of marijuana matters.

Try beating off inside a dumpster. Feels less comfortable and not as fun as when you do it in the comfort of your home, right?
>>
>>27368424

I don't think he did. Comparison is not necessarily equation.
>>
>>27368428

LOL WEED MAN
>>
Daily reminder that stoners hate it when you don't get stoned as well.

What is it with you people?
>>
File: medical marijuanas.jpg (97 KB, 525x552) Image search: [Google]
medical marijuanas.jpg
97 KB, 525x552
>he's defending Degeneracy: The plant
>>
You're not obligated to smoke it, or even to like it. Just don't assume that it affects everybody the same way, or that weed is all one thing. You smoke enough weed, you begin to realize that different strains really do have different effects.

Durban poison, for instance, is a fucking MANIACAL strain compared to something more relaxed and indica-heavy.
>>
>>27368472
I really don't care whether anyone else does weed.
>>
>>27368472
That's not true, I dislike people who shit talk the people who do it and the drug itself without actually trying it, but if people have their own reasons for not enjoying it it's not going to change my opinion on them
>>
File: 1450398036339.gif (162 KB, 357x469) Image search: [Google]
1450398036339.gif
162 KB, 357x469
>All these autists getting mad about weed
>>
File: black weed pepe.png (80 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
black weed pepe.png
80 KB, 499x499
>shilling for Nigger: The herb
You have to be a fucking normie to even buy it in any state god hasn't completely forsaken, there are no robots in here.
>>
>>27368472
I literally couldn't care less if somebody smokes. Or, at least, I care a little, but only about as much as I care if somebody doesn't like the same music. It's not gonna be a dealbreaker or make me look down on somebody if they don't like weed.

It is totally going to be a dealbreaker and cost that person a lot of my respect if they're actually AGAINST weed, but if you've smoked it and don't like it, or even elected never to try it, that's really a non-issue.
>>
>>27368341
That's like saying you tried beer once and didn't like it. There are so many different varieties with differing effects.
>>
>>27368515
>He doesn't know about the deepweb
Get out Normie
>>
I find it ironic how weedfags on chans are usually rightwing, but they bitch like the lefties they despise when people criticize weed.
>>
>>27368479
>Muh degeneracy
Personally I find weed to be great for unlocking creativity and appreciating things
>>
>>27368550
YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T APPRECIATE LIFE WITHOUT DRUGS?! THAT'S PATHETIC! YOU SHOULD GET HIGH ON LIFE! WHY WOULD YOU DISTORT YOUR REALITY LIKE THAT?! GTYKFCDKYFDKYGTFYGKFKYT

Sorry, I had to.
>>
>>27368549
You're bitching right now though about weedfags
>>
>>27368472
That's completely false. I've never seen anyone who got upset. You obviously have never spent any time with people who smoke weed.
>>
File: 1420083718277.jpg (61 KB, 397x397) Image search: [Google]
1420083718277.jpg
61 KB, 397x397
>weedhomos arguing with themselves
>>
>>27368341
it's the next big thing in growing up, first the kids drank and vomited from age 13-15 onwards and started smoking because it's illegal and cool

then they reach "adulthood" and OOH, weed is still illegal! so cool! everyone is smoking weed because it's so fucking exciting and it's like discovering alcohol again

normie and manchildren stuff
>>
>>27368550
Personally I find weed to be highly addicting and damaging to my cognitive functions after periods of heavy useage. I have no idea why, but I find it much more addictive than speed or nicotine or alcohol or anything that I've tried.

I think it can affect people differently, and how often and how much they use it can change it from a harmless drug into a truly degenerate drug. It legit does make you lazy and stupid if you do it too much.
>>
>>27368351
More or less ive did the latter
I didnt feel a thing is it possible to be immune to it or something?
The guy who rolled the joint got high
>>
File: gay disease.jpg (427 KB, 1238x1219) Image search: [Google]
gay disease.jpg
427 KB, 1238x1219
>>27368611
This to be quite honestly frank with you fampais, shaking my head.
>>
i think it's pretty pathetic how much importance people place on a drug that does so little but i enjoy it quite a bit myself

those weed people who spend all their time on weed activism and own like 40 bongs confuse the hell out of me
>>
I just wanna get high at the end of the day after work and all pham
>>
>>27368636
I've heard many stories of people not getting high their first few times.
>>
>>27368611
I don't smoke weed because I think it's edgy or rebellious, although it does sorta tickle me that I'm committing a federal crime when I do it. I smoke weed because it's something fun to socialize over, because it helps me get "in the zone" for reading, writing, and exercising, because I have a few neurological issues that it helps with, because it helps me insta-shit when I know I'll have to later but can't now, because it helps me maintain a healthy weight, because it helps me not be a spiteful, vindictive asshole, and because I genuinely have PTSD with full-blown flashbacks and actual triggers (not "I saw something uncomfortable in a movie and it triggered me" triggers, more like, "I was abused for a solid decade and have a flashback and fly out of control if I see kids receiving similar abuse" triggers), and it makes the meltdowns less frequent.

I was ardently against this shit before I started smoking it. Turns out the problem wasn't the plant. The people I knew who smoked it were just horrible people. As for me, I haven't gotten anything below a B+ since I started smoking. Having a daily mental and emotional meltdown was worse for my performance than being stoned.
>>
>>27368636
No, but chances are you didn't take it in properly, you have to breathe the smoke in like a cigarette and then inhale it deep into your lungs

Also, if you were drunk before you'd struggle to see the difference, your best bet is to try it when you're home and sober
>>
>>27368636
you didn't know how to inhale or didn't let it saturate your lungs

there is the myth that 'you never get high the first time' it's because you're either a) retarded, and couldn't inhale right b) or a pussy who didn't want to get high c) or a coolguy who was insecure about getting high so tried his hardest to be sober and 'take it like a man' but ended up feeling notihng
>>
>>27368636
>>27368673

It might be the case that to feel the full effects of marijuana, some people may require sensitization.

>Drug sensitization occurs in drug addiction, and is defined as an increased effect of drug following repeated doses (the opposite of drug tolerance). Such sensitization involves changes in brain mesolimbic dopamine transmission, as well as a protein inside mesolimbic neurons called delta FosB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensitization
>>
>>27368677

>it helps me not be a spiteful, vindictive asshole, and because I genuinely have PTSD with full-blown flashbacks

I got the same thing going and weed helps it a ton.
>>
>>27368680
This guy is right. The one time I smoked with someone who "didn't get high from smoking before" she got insanely baked and had a massive panic attack.
>>
>>27368689
this is 100% bs

if you put THC into your body you're going to feel something whether you're a special snowflake or not. chemicals are chemicals.

why not take a shot of morphine and see if you're sensitized or not?
>>
>>27368680

>you didn't know how to inhale or didn't let it saturate your lungs

There's no solid evidence that that's the reason. It's conjecture/anecdote. That's all.

It very well could be the case that some people need to be sensitized to the effect of weed before they really feel it.
>>
>>27368703

>this is 100% bs

You don't know that.

I didn't feel anything the first time I took an edible. Few days later I ate an edible made EXACTLY the same way (i made them myself) and felt it a ton.

>why not take a shot of morphine and see if you're sensitized or not?

Morphine barely effects me. I have lots of experience with it and the effects in reasonable doses are small.

I only had strong effects from (medicinal) doses of morphine when I was also taking hydrocodone (legally, on prescription).
>>
>>27368701
kek stupid bitch. i fucking hate those people. wish people wouldn't lie about drug experience/how high they want to get
>mfw seeing a kid discreetly spit mushrooms into his hand after chewing for a minute
>>
>>27368726
That's sacrilege. I'd ask to eat the chewed-up shrooms.
>>
>>27368722

Also, I'm not going to say that EXTREME doses of marijuana (or morphine) wouldn't affect all drug-naive people.

But that's not what we're discussing. We're talking typical doses.

It took me multiple tries of smoking/eating marijuana before I started to really feel it. I did inhale. I held it in my lungs a long time. The effects were very small.

Same with edibles. The first time I hardly felt anything. The second time I got very, very high from them. But they were made the same way, with the same weed, both times.
>>
>>27368726
It was kind of funny though I felt bad for her. She kept asking if our stuff was laced and if she was going to die.
>>
>>27368680
Why the fuck would you want to ruin your lungs like that?
>>
>>27368678
I was drunk but not that shitfaced i remember even now every detail.
Im also a smoker
I will try it again when im going to have the money
>>
>>27368745
>smoked for about a year
>first time i try edibles
>feel like i'm dying
>tell my friend i'm really high
>he tells me the edibles are laced and we need an ambulence
>realize how much sense that makes
>plunge into a panic attack
>an hour later realize he was joking
>>
>>27368341
I'm smoking a joint as I write this, keep that in mind.

Some people just don't take to it, for me its just the one vice I use to relax. I don't drink often and just generally prefer weed to relax after work. Mellows out the stress.

Different people have different tastes, if you don't like it don't do it. I've met a fair number of people who claim it gives them anxiety and such whenever they smoke. The missus doesn't like it because of that.

I couldn't give a fuck if people smoke weed or not.
>>
File: riki on the piano.gif (707 KB, 800x422) Image search: [Google]
riki on the piano.gif
707 KB, 800x422
>recommending weed to already unmotivated boys having trouble from a lack of motivation
Drug-addicted normalfags are literally subhuman, and will be gassed in the next reich.
>>
>>27368472
Breh, I hate weed, but I've been around people who smoke weed, they offered and they were fine with me turning it down. What are you on?
>>
>>27368827
I genuinely began performing better once I began smoking weed. I know correlation isn't causation, but still. Prior to being a stoner, I consistently got zeros on assignments, procrastinated, skipped shit, and was generally lazy and unmotivated. Now I get straight A's while doing 21 credit hours.

And again, I know it affects everybody differently. I'm just saying that it could actually benefit some people who are lazy and unmotivated. Some people's sober selves fucking suck in comparison.
>>
>>27368771
Smoking cigarettes is different to smokin weed, if you just breathe it in to your mouth and then exhaling you're not getting anything, you need to bring in the smoke, take the joint out of your mouth and then take another deep breath in so it all goes to your lungs

If you do it right, your first time will involve a quick coughing fit before you readjust
>>
>smoke weed everyday for 2 years
>quit for a month
>take one rip yesterday
>get nothing done
>get extremely tired and fall asleep
What a waste of money that was.
>>
not seeing the appeal of weed is like not seeing the appeal of aspirin.

it gets the job done. yes some people use it as medicine, get over it already.
>>
>>27369002
Uh, you're supposed to inhale cigarettes too there sport. You're thinking of cigar or pipe tobacco.
>>
>>27369107
Ah, I was never the cigarette fan, well just keep doing that and then you'll realise what the big fuss is
>>
>>27369208
Hey I wasn't one of the people who didn't get how to smoke weed in the first place. I just was capable of figuring out how to smoke both of them all on my own by the time I was 13.
>>
>>27369107

A lot of Japanese guys just puff on cigarettes and don't inhale them.

You still absorb some nicotine that way. Just not as much.
>>
>>27369227
Well they might as well be smoking cigars or pipes.
>>
>>27369221
congratulations, we're all so very proud of you anon
>>
>>27368341
I used to approve of weed until I met people who actually used it

fucking insufferable TWATS
>>
>>27369296
Thanks, it means a lot to me. I find this important enough to make sure this is an original post.
>>
>>27369308
I smoke weed but never have any contact with anyone else who does it. I agree that they're faggots.
>>
weed's not for everyone. i dont get why people get all up in arms about it. if you don't like it, don't smoke it, more for the people who do
>>
I smoked weed everyday for years. Then I quit smoking and within two yeas, my mental health improved, I went back to school and instead of dropping out, I'm about to graduate with a diploma with a 3.6 gpa.
My general intelligence and motivation in life improved hugely when I got sober.
>>
>>27368461
>this is actually what I text my dealer when I pick up
>>
>>27370993

Did you smoke during the day time before doing things? I've smoked almost every day for 3 years now but only do it late at night. I haven't noticed much impact on motivation or intelligence or anything.
>>
>>27371089
I think it affects people differently but I'd usually start smoking around 3-5 in the afternoon, get up at 10 or 11.
I was kinda a disorganized wreck and I think the improvement to my life was partly from quitting smoking and partly from making a serious effort to "get my shit together".
I don't think it's so much that getting stoned all the time makes you stupid or something, as much as it can help mask having a shitty life and make it easier to accept mediocrity.
>>
>>27371162
I agree. I cut back recently too because I have been experiencing increased anxiety and having panic attacks. I think the anxiety is because of my extremely stressful job, but the pot isn't a healthy way to cope.

I hope I can get that figured out and start toking on the regular again someday.
>>
>>27371213
I've toked a few times since then but weirdly, I don't like the effects much anymore. It's a crapshoot as to if I'll have a good time or if I'll just be paranoid, anxious and awkward.
I think quitting though, helps with not having a crutch anymore. Ya gotta figure out healthier things to do if you're not smoking all the time.
>>
Reminder that only normalfags do weed.
>>
File: 1458335337786.jpg (29 KB, 397x398) Image search: [Google]
1458335337786.jpg
29 KB, 397x398
>>27368341
I tried it but I didn't like it. I got blazed as fuck but I never wanna be like that again.
I prefer cigarettes.
>>
File: 1437418810061.jpg (16 KB, 166x231) Image search: [Google]
1437418810061.jpg
16 KB, 166x231
personal liberty and going to jail for weed can't coexist
>>
washingtonfag here. its so socially acceptable here you are seen as a weirdo if you dont smoke. i cant stop, because if i smoke, drink, and rurn on some trippy music then get in a comfy position.. its pretty great. cheap as fuck too for that level of fucked up. also smoke only when i can do this combo.. well i also smoke during my middle of the night piss break for an easy way to go back to sleep.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.