[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Childhood memories and stories thread. This may get depressing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image_coke_music_1.jpg (389 KB, 760x516) Image search: [Google]
image_coke_music_1.jpg
389 KB, 760x516
Childhood memories and stories thread.
This may get depressing.
>>
File: 1431878376213.jpg (37 KB, 528x480) Image search: [Google]
1431878376213.jpg
37 KB, 528x480
>>27354776
> get the playstation magazine every month
> read it cover to cover at school
> play every game on the demo
> play the net yaroze games and marvel at homemade vidya
> go into VHS rental stores and look in bargain bin for hidden games
> look forward to xmas so i can get a new game
> get tomb raider 2, cant do first level
> get home from school and dad says "i beat the first level"
> get hype as fuck to see the next area
> draw new maps and characters in my sketchbook

spyro, medievil, tony hawk, ff7, tomb raider, gex, syphon filter, croc, soul reaver, crash team racing... this shit was pure magic, words cannot express the sheer awe and excitement i got from vidya.. it was a magical realm to explore with infinite possibilities. a place just for me that i could always get comfy and go to, discovering all kinds of things in every new game. now its just a way to waste time.. just code and polygons made for money..
>>
>>27356280
The tech demo with the dinosaur and the fish.
>>
>>27356280
I wish I never got so critical of video games, I could enjoy the most simple of shit. Stuff I look back on is regarded as like a bad game but at the time I just enjoyed it.
>>
File: starter kit.png (1 MB, 923x688) Image search: [Google]
starter kit.png
1 MB, 923x688
Some different fads you may or may not remember in early 2000s, late 90s
>>
>>27356711
I know all of them except that Elvis egg/tablet. What the fuck is it?
>>
>>27356711
THE BEANS! Oh my sweet jesus I loved those things. Don't think I ever played any of the recommended games (tfw no friends to play them with I guess)
>>
File: why.jpg (7 KB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
7 KB, 200x180
The biggest disappointment.
>>
>>27354776
>tfw only played licensed games as a kid
>tfw those games were actually fucking great
>Hulk Ultimate Destruction, Spiderman 2, Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom and the movie game, Star Wars Battlefront I and II
>tfw a few years ago you were convinced by your parents that you would never play your ps2 again now that you have the new consoles so you should sell it
>tfw I traded my ps2 and every single game I owned for it at Play n Trade
>the fucking regret
And to think I wrote in my 3rd grade journal that my ideal room would be "like it has a temperpedic matres and all the games in the world for the playstation(tm) 2." And yes, I wrote the trademark as an 8 year old
>>
The only thing I miss from my childhood is my optimism, my happiness and my stupidity.
>>
>>27357244
What was the turning point for you?
>>
>>27356711
>tfw I think I still have one of those Machamp cards laying around
>>
>>27357104
>talking to parents as child
>'what's that TM on everything mean?'
>'Oh it's just a company or something'
Sometimes parents just do not listen at all
>>
>>27356822
That's a mighty bean!
>>
I have no positive childhood memories other than the sweet ignorance of how pointless my life was.

I would say life was worse back then, because I couldn't decide what or when I could do anything. Every minute of my life was determined by the whims of my narcissistic mother and my teachers.

I had no friends. No memories. I didn't even consume much media, so I don't even have that as a surrogate. I have nothing to miss from what can only sarcastically be called my "childhood".
>>
>>27357540
could you be any more fucking edgy?
>>
>>27354776
Playing pirated heroes 3 with my cousins in a small village in the Slovak mountains
They even mailed me a disc with hero 3 written on it because I liked it so much. Still have the disk
>>
>>27357366

Getting raped in the ass in the back of a Hersheys van.
>>
>>27357436
I wrote it because I saw the trademark every time I launched a game on my ps2 so I thought that it had to be written like that
>>
>>27358965
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMVJqWN7Q80
>>
>>27356421
that dino one was amazing at the time, pretty spooky too..

>>27356564
same, but iv become so apathetic these days that i just dont care and i'll download/play thru most shit with my brain switched off. same for bad movies.. whatever tbqh
>>
>>27356711
What's the silver samurai statue? Only thing I don't recognize.
>>
>>27357104
first games i got on PS2 were: max payne and timesplitters 2

we were spoilt for choice in the ps1/2 days, game selection only seems to be getting worse now as production costs go up...
>>
>>27357540

This sounds so fucking cheesy and angsty. Like dialogue from a shit movie where an edgelord with a "dark past" is the main character.
>>
>>27356280
I feel you dude. 1986 master race reporting in
>>
>>27359092
>tfw you see a parent taking their kid to pick a video game and you see their face

>tfw you can buy the things you had as a kid but it will not feel the same.
>>
>>27359092
I find myself not wanting to play games much anymore. I mean, I still browse /v/ and look for the latest gaming news on ign but the only game I really want upcoming is Lego Star Wars TFA because I had the first two and loved them when I was a kid, so why not get this one? And I've played fallout 4 and some of witcher 3, etc. but I can't bring myself to finish those games for whatever reason. I only really play games with the few friends I have if they invite me to come play with them.
>>
>>27359122
then I've conveyed my assessment of my childhood well: like something from a bland B-movie about nothing.
>>
>be 10
>In my room doing whatever i did when i was a kid
>realize there are are a unusual amount of people talking in the living room
>It was late so i decide to take a bath so i could go to sleep after
>Step out of the room
>Everyone goes silent
>Get to the bathrrom and start to bathe
>Suddenly grandma knocks on the door
>'Hurry up, we need to tell you something'
>'What is it?'
>'Finish the bath and then we'll talk'
>'Is it my father? Is he coming to visit me?'
>He usually visited me late at night during the week so i thought it was him
>Finish the bath and get to the living room
>Everybody is silent
>'Your father died'
>Say 'ok' and go back to my room
>Didn't cry
>Didn't make a fuss about it for years

Now I'm turning twenty and I'm finally realizing how much I miss him and how much of a wreck I became without a male figure.
I've been constantly crying myself to sleep looking at old photos of his,which is something I never did,even when I was a child.
>>
>>27359672
It's cause if you want something, you just get it. Back then, you had to carefully pick and choose and so you spent a long time in the store and got excited and read all up on the different games to know what to get, not that it matters, you enjoyed them all. As it was so rare. Games were for birthdays, Christmas, treats.

It's why Birthdays and Christmas are less exciting.
>>
>tfw realised the other day that my earliest memories are probably of being molested by my uncle

It happened pretty often and from before i knew what it was, so its not even like this big deal of "oh my god this thing is happening to me". dont really know how to explain it, just like i knew i didnt like it and that i couldnt tell anyone about it, but it just happened.

It was really weird when i learned what sexual abuse was and it kind of clicked
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.