[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autism Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: 1445010394990.jpg (149 KB, 1440x779) Image search: [Google]
1445010394990.jpg
149 KB, 1440x779
Who here has /autism/? When were you first diagnosed and how do you deal with it?
>>
I have PDD, so I'm an autist.

PDD is a lesser form so I am able to control the spaghetti reasonably well.

I have held a girl's hand romantically before
>>
diagnosed as a wee lad and didn't know about that until last year. i deal with it with cheap booze and shitty drugs and movies. how about you?
>>
File: 1455103948923.png (626 KB, 760x720) Image search: [Google]
1455103948923.png
626 KB, 760x720
I was in second grade when I first got diagnosed. My dad originally thought I was just really shy and quiet but it started getting out of hand. I wouldn't even talk to my teachers and then I would have panic episodes when too much focus and attention was put on me.

I was taken to several psychiatrists and they all said the same thing, autism. I tried in public school for a little while longer but eventually I just got homeschooled instead. The public school environment was very poor for me so I just didn't go anymore.

I was like a gifted idiot in school. My best subjects I was far above my grade level but my worst subjects I was far below, like retarded levels. I had a lot of weird quirks growing up, still do but yeah.

I stopped seeing a therapist sometime ago, it didn't really help me. I'm still very socially awkward and anxious. I'm scared of socializing and I'm very emotional. I don't leave my house ever nowadays.

I don't really deal with it really, I just accept that I was born different and just keep to myself at home. I gave up any hope of getting boyfriend and getting married years ago. The idea of relationships and getting close to someone scare me on a deep level.
>>
17. Late diagnosis sperg reporting.
>>
>>27295017
>I have held a girl's hand romantically before
Get out you son of a bitch.
>>
>capably communicating
>autism

You don't have autism. You're just a faggot
>>
>>27295047
I feel like this is the case for me too. I feel like I'm undiagnosed, or I was diagnosed and don't remember, and my parents have kept it from me.
I was liable for emotional outbursts when I was young (I would just start crying in school for no reason)
I remember being taken to a psych or something but don't remember what we talked about.
I've learned how to act around people but none of it is natural.
Also there's been a couple times that I think my parents almost let it slip. I told my mom I thought I was borderline autist or something. And she said
>Mayybe you are!
It just rubbed me a weird way the way she said it. Also one time I was with my dad and he asked me to write something down so I did. He looked at it and was like
>You wrote it ALL? I ment just that first part.
His girlfriend then said
>Your son is special isn't he. But not in a short bus kind of way
and he said
>Yeah he is
I kept asking them what the hell they ment by that by they kept laughing and my dad kept saying no no you're not retarded son hahaha.
>>
>>27295532
i remember psych stuff and testing as a kid. i was never told because my family disregarded it. nobody wants to admit their child isn't the best child in the universe.
>>
>>27296144
Yes. lots of pacing.
>>
In first grade my hearing was tested, we moved and changed schools, again they test my hearing, we move yet again in second grade, new school, new hearing test. I displayed all the classic symptoms but in the 90s ADHD was en vogue so my mom wanted that one. I finally got dx'd sperg at 14. Of course it was too late at that point and the ritalin had fried my brain. Now I"m on amphetamine for life, but at least I"m high functioning and I probably wouldn't be where I am today had I gone through sped classes with the other autists. Eye contact still feels worse than nails on a chalkboard and I have my objects and obsessions, but I've learned to deal with it. I'm a psych rn now and take care of cuckoo birds and literal retards. No social skills needed, you tell the patients what to do and if they don't then they are bad and get a shot or you give the techs that look and they intervene. I also work at a drug rehab. I like it better even though junkies are normal people I feel like they have no place to be judging me so I can relax and enjoy conversation with them. They are all kinds of fucked up but otherwise neurotypical. It's fascinating really.

I went through a period where I turned my autism powers on communication. I've always been good with my words, written at least, but I feel I have come leaps and bounds ahead of where I was in the meatspace. My pace and timing is still a bit weird, but I get the point across and my content passes the turing test so I consider myself normie.

>tfw still remember mom yelling at me to stop being assburgers or dad going off the handle over nothing
It's been over 10 years, I guess that's a downside to having a vice like memory. I try to move on but damn dreams have other things in mind.
>>
>literally being autistic
kek
>>
I was diagnosed with Aspergers.

It only manifests itself socially, in conversations my mind goes completely blank and I seriously do not know what to say unless someone leads on the conversation and like gives me ques and shit. The few times I can talk, I usually say weird stuff or inappropriate stuff. I don't know why I try anymore, even if I was a 10/10 alpha pussy slayer I still couldn't get a girl or even a healthy group of friends just because I'm so legitimately socially retarded.
>>
File: 1453329696719.jpg (779 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453329696719.jpg
779 KB, 1920x1080
>>27295017
>I have held a girl's hand romantically before
Get out.
>>
I was diagnosed in late high school
>>
File: 1457815862202.jpg (35 KB, 640x558) Image search: [Google]
1457815862202.jpg
35 KB, 640x558
>>27294943
Age 2 when diagnosed. I'm still kinda shy and quiet around strangers and I would occasionally slur my speech.
>>
>>27295231
Get raped you stupid cunt
>>
I've recently realized that there's like a 99% chance I have autism.
I kind of avoided learning about it for years because I always thought I might have it.
My therapist even thinks my reasoning for it makes sense and he's going to help me figure out where to go form here.

It's all really surreal, but kind of comforting to know why it's been impossible for me to work a job or go to college.
Although, I can do most other things fine.

Do any of you collect autismbux? Because I might try to, if I get diagnosed, so I can have money and focus on learning programming without as much daily pressures.
>>
>tfw dad and brother are autists

I really hate all autistic people.
>>
File: 53691115_p0.jpg (539 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
53691115_p0.jpg
539 KB, 1000x1414
>tfw robot
>tfw no autism
>>
>>27300067
P-please elaborate
>>
I legit suspect I'm autistic. I just leapfrogged to the kitchen trough the living room where my parents were watching TV.
>>
>>27300313
If you are a girl that's cute but if you are a guy that's disgusting
>>
>>27300313
>I legit suspect

I'm afraid you have a bad case of special snowflakeism.
>>
>>27300455
I'm a 24 year old man. Not a neet though, currently in uni but came to visit.

>>27300490
I'm functional in essentially every other aspect, I just do weird shit like that sometimes without really understanding why and it isn't always as coordinated, sometimes I just twitch or jump and flail around if I'm overexcited. No, I don't do it to grab people's attention, in fact I try to do it only when I'm alone.
>>
>>27300527
are you at least a cute trap? If not that is weird
>>
>>27300555
Nope. I'm a stocky, hairy dude. Kinda short though.
>>
>>27300527

You're not autistic, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>27300067
>tfw i am an autist brother
>dad is an autist

i fell bad desu
>>
>>27296823
At this point i cant even imagine living much longer seeing as i cant do one of the most fundamental things in life, connect with people
>>
>>27300854
Honestly I can't even put into words how intensely alienated I feel from the people that inhabit this Earth

It's like I can't feel loneliness because I've never even experienced companionship
>>
File: 1440348840966.png (8 KB, 377x326) Image search: [Google]
1440348840966.png
8 KB, 377x326
>>27301216
honestly i just really want someone to do stuff with almost like some kind of doctor who companion but everyday just reinforces that thats not a possibility

plus what can i offer. piss poor conversation, inability to understand cues, desire to kill oneself, no progress in life etc.. arent selling points when trying for a gf
>>
>>27294943
Sauce on that kawaiipie?
>>
>Diagnosed with PDD when I was little
>doctors don't know if I have autism or not.
>all my life never given specific answers
>people call me autistic and odd
>fit most of the symptoms
>but able to empathize and learn how to be normal
>still identify as autism
>life is a series of trials and errors to find the absolute correct social answer.
>>
Why is there such a strong correlation between Sonic and autism? I always wondered this, maybe someone here has an answer.
>>
>>27301400

Sonic and all attached properties suck shit, so normal people leave it behind, but autismos are stubborn enough to plow ahead with the thing that hooked them in childhood.
>>
File: HNI_0007_MPO.jpg (111 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0007_MPO.jpg
111 KB, 400x240
>>27301449
Is there actually a correlation between the two.
>>
Who here /pretty sure they got some sperg going on and waiting on a diagnosis/?
>>
>>27301400
Sonic is one of the oldest popular series and the people who MAKE Sonic are autistic.
Despite the characters being colorful talking animals, the games have super dark and edgy storylines.
Dr. Robotnik shoots Tails in the head with a gun in the bad end of Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
Also colorful talking animals appeal to Western children, anyway. Especially since it's another thing to fetishize.
>>
>>27301504

Yeah, and I think that's it. Sonic games are generally bad and the lore isn't any good either, who but autismos would be keeping it alive?
>>
>>27301504
meant to reply to >>27301400
Also, meant to use a question mark, not a period.
>>
Diagnosed with aspergers when I was 4 or 5, was never told until I was 15, so I had no idea about my problems until I looked at aspergers symptoms after i found out. I was told my accident, was in counseling and the counselor said something had to do with my aspergers when my mom was in my room.
I wish I was told much earlier, after learning the symptoms, I became self aware, I became a lot less socially retarded and able to maintain eye contact within a week or two. My parents would have saved me a lot of embarrassment as a kid if they told me because I would have been self aware.
>>
>>27301504
>>27301400

There isnt IRL. It is just a meme you dip.
>>
>>27301509
I was told by a psychiatrist in high school that I most likely have Asperger's Syndrome and that I should get evaluated for it, but I vehemently refused because I didn't want that label possibly affecting my ability to do things like join the military. Nom I'm 24 and I've been strongly considering getting evaluated for ASD.
>>
I was never officially diagnosed. People just said I was quiet and anti social a lot. If they were really observant they could see I had trouble with eye contact. Luckily I have other disorders that kind of cloak the aspergers. I deal with it by spending all my time alone and using self check outs.
>>
>>27301585
I know two autistic people IRL and they both are obsessed with Sonic despite being in their 20s.
>>
>>27301400
ive never even owned a sega game and im indifferent to trains

stop.believing.memes
>>
>>27301509
I was told my many people that I had aspergers, but only one of the three psychiatrists I saw actually diagnosed me with it.

The other two said I didn't have it. Now I have no idea if I am a sperger or not.
>>
>>27301589
Do you know where I should go to get checked? There's gotta be a free consultation somewhere
>>
>>27301703
Just look at how many hours you have played Minecraft in the past week and how often you watch MLP.
>>
File: 1450039407765.png (102 KB, 225x199) Image search: [Google]
1450039407765.png
102 KB, 225x199
Anybody here autistic and NOT completely fucked over by it?

>have always had friends; had a girlfriend in high school and one in elementary school
>get laid by NT girls sometimes despite not knowing how to approach them; get approached
>no fucking clue why; I fucking BLEED sperg and it still happens
>Chads/bros/whatever you call them were always cool to me and played Smash/hung out with me instead of bullying
>always friends with all the other spergs and misfits who took turns ranting about anime/vidya/etc. at lunch, but also friends with a few popular folk
>nobody makes fun of my lisp or the way I walk or tells me to stop stimming
>never needed special ed, generally well-liked by teachers; often taken under a teacher's wing or given my own, separate tasks or otherwise judged by a unique metric (i.e. conversation about subject material for an A instead of final)
>family has always acknowledged me as "off in my own world" or different, but have largely been very accommodating and kind towards me
>treated like something special instead of a freak
growing up, flat-out given special treatment a lot of the time
>classmates/peers explain things to me very clearly, patiently, and without cruelty when I'm making an ass of myself socially and don't hold it against me
>people are generally very understanding of my sensory issues and have actually made strides to accommodate me without me even asking
>nobody's ever once fucked with me or said anything over me watching children's cartoons as an adult
>manchild interests just make me a good playmate for younger relatives
>doing well in school; never gotten anything below a B+ while juggling two majors and two minors; make use of a bunch of little notebooks and my 4-color pen/colored pencils to keep track of things

Not even bragging. I'm just amazed that it seems like everyone here has only complaints about being autistic. It's pretty much worked out for me. Noise and fabric honestly fuck me over worse than people.
>>
>>27301703
I don't know, but if I decide that I want an official diagnosis, I'll just ask my mom to schedule an appointment with someone.
>>
>>27301509
I've never been diagnosed but it is sort of implied in my family and my dad used to make fun of me by claiming that I was an aspie. He also used to say that I didn't display any empathy. I had behavioral problems at school and people treated me like I was a retard even though I did pretty well; I used to go through an entire school day without talking to anyone. I think it is pretty likely that I'm autistic, but who knows really.
>>
File: 1412448804268.gif (146 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1412448804268.gif
146 KB, 500x500
>>27301821
well i cant interact with people and will have to kill myself out of necessity once the dole stops

but im happy that youre not in a shitty position
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.