[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If god exists, is he a genuine fucking asshole or a being lacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 16
File: 1449328579784.gif (2 MB, 696x478) Image search: [Google]
1449328579784.gif
2 MB, 696x478
If god exists, is he a genuine fucking asshole or a being lacks all empathy? Think about it, if god was so lovely and kind, then why did he create suffering?

If god exists, everything bad that has happened to you, all your suffering is all his fault. Assuming god exists, I wish there was a way to kill him and just end this pointless universe.

Does anyone else feel the same?
>>
File: dt890731dhc0.gif (138 KB, 1200x368) Image search: [Google]
dt890731dhc0.gif
138 KB, 1200x368
Basically.

Whether things in my life are good or bad, I find the idea of God existing as religion describes him to be absurd. Either he is a piece of shit or he isn't real, at least not as he's described (e.g. loving, kind, etc.). Sometimes things in my life are so well I want to give thanks, but that would undermine the suffering of others, especially those born to extreme suffering. Think the countless who die daily, from starvation, war. Think rape. think abuse. If you can't empathize, use your own experiences.

Great job, God. Also love that I'm going to hell for neither fearing nor worshiping you.
>>
>>27288802
God created man with free will, today's world is a product of that, and also of interference from satan.
>>
If god exists, then the devil must also exist.
I'd like to think that it's a bet kinda thing, like god comes up with something good and the devil puts a spin on it that fucks it up.

Then all life is, is just a long test to see where you belong. We are all just test subjects, assigned a random amount of pain and suffering.
>>
Every 14 year old hears this shit and then thinks they're the one who thought of it. Reported for underage
>>
>>27288982
I didn't want crohn's disease in my guts.
>>
>>27288999
Trips confirm god for real
>>
I thought the same way not long ago, but what you must understand is that God did not create suffering, poverty and all of that - we did.

There was nothing like this in Eden - a world for humans created by God.

God gave you free will, to do whatever you please. Even if that whatever is starting a war, being a douche or wom other bad thing.

His love for you is expressed in that no matter what you did, if you embrace him and feel sorry for your sins, he WILL accept you back.

He could make you do his bidding, being the perfect robot, living The One Proper Life(tm), but I think I'd rather live my life making mistakes and not in a perfect world than that.
>>
>>27289061
Yeah just fuck off.

"God" has given me a real shit life so far. I was born with a deformity, as well as a sickness, to a poor family. I was fucked from day one. My point stands that god is an asshole.
>>
Read the Bible and find out idiot. You don't see me asking questions about game of thrones, people would tell me to watch the fucking show. If you are that desperate to understand a character in the book, try reading it.
>>
God does not exist. If you still need to think of a magic man in the sky to justify your existence you're a person of less intelligence who likes to be sponfeed an easy way out.
>>
>>27289198
God does exist.
>>
>>27289165
Also. Don't even start on the things were perfect in "Eden" shit. What proof is there this shit ever existed? Christianity is a byproduct of Greek mythology.

>>27289198
And this is only part true. I know people more intelligent and successful than me who believe. I also think older people know they're dying soon and so they resolve to play it safe, just in case.
>>
>>27289198
>magic
>man
>in the sky
implying
>>
>>27289061
acording to christans all this shit has happened to us because roastie eve tempet adem to eat the dastardly apple

seriously, fuck you eve
>>
>>27289165

No, you are fucked in a world created by fellow humans. It isn't God laughing at your deformity, it isn't God not allowing you to have things because you have no money, it isn't God not willing to treat you for free since you are poor. It's all us humans, in a world shaped by us. In His kingdom such things don't exist.

And if your best reply is to "fuck off, I have it worse than anyone" than I can only feel sorry for you. I'm also ill, maybe even terminally, I have severe malfunction in my left hand (and I'm left handed, sucks a bit), I'm not really wealthy, I don't have a lot of things that I want to have. But that doesn't mean I just sit on my ass and blame God for everything. And if, as you'd like to think, God is not real, then who will you blame?
>>
>>27289061
What about diseases? Disasters? Inequalities?

It's easy to be good and kind when you're a healthy rich Chad.
>>
File: 1456420857240.jpg (53 KB, 511x896) Image search: [Google]
1456420857240.jpg
53 KB, 511x896
>>27289230

if god made a burrito then why are there still burritos nigga
>>
>>27289230
If he does he's irrelevant to us and we're irrelevant to him so he might as well not exist.
>>
>>27289359
>>27289371

Except I'm not. And as explained earlier, if you don't believe in God, it doesn't make those things go away. It just implies further that you can only blame humans for those things, since there is no "magic man in the sky" as you put it.
>>
>>27289400
all of those people are faggot cunts
people like me aren't in that picture because we're in our rooms watching anime and browing 4chins
>>
A lot of problems are the sole fault of humans, but it does get personal if you are born with defects or abused as an infant
>>
Listen kid, let me break down basic Christianity for you.

Mankind created our own suffering, when we were banished from paradise. Lucifer is to blame for this really, and we were banished from Paradise into this world of suffering.

However, Jesus Christ died for our sins and through that showed us the way.

>>27288995
Of course God and the devil exist. We our here because the devil, this is his domain really.

>>27289165
It's the way the cookie crumbles.

>>27289198
Lol at this. God has never been a man in the sky, despite what your Atheist celebs on the internet are teaching you.
God is the source, it's in everything in the world, we call him a he because he is the father.
>>
File: kierkegaard.jpg (134 KB, 653x1024) Image search: [Google]
kierkegaard.jpg
134 KB, 653x1024
You just need to do the leap of faith.
>>
Beings like God cannot possibly exist within the realm of human comprehension.
>>
>>27288802

>I wish there was a way to kill him and just end this pointless universe.

The last time someone killed God, Christianity was created.
>>
Do you wake up in the morning and feel the need to justify your actions to ants, OP?
>>
>>27288802
>if god exists, is he a genuine fucking asshole or a being lacks all empathy?
I always thought of it this way, God was true justice and Jesus was mercy.
>>
>>27289529
>It's the way the cookie crumbles
So it's all about luck? Down here and up there? That's not moral or comforting at all.
>>
>>27288802
Maybe if god exists he is an advanced being beyond our comprehension and sees us as worthless just like we see ants
>>
>>27288802
>if god was so lovely and kind

I see you didn't read the bible
>>
>>27289400
>>27289400
Can god make a burrito so hot that even he couldn't pick it up?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E15IC3YKv8g
>>
File: MmAHgRa.jpg (33 KB, 960x504) Image search: [Google]
MmAHgRa.jpg
33 KB, 960x504
>>27289230
i'll leave this gem here
>>
>>27288802
Look into eastern thought, like buddhist philosophy. It gives an interesting perspective
>>
File: tumblr_nj4cpa12vD1sase9zo1_500.png (203 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj4cpa12vD1sase9zo1_500.png
203 KB, 500x531
The christian god its clearly not real.

But i do believe in god as in something that holds existence itself together and for that deserves adoration. Its not good or evil per se and you are all fucking faggots trying to give him human virtues. You dont see me trying to turn a human into an ant.
>>
Listen up fedora's and let me educate you. Your life on earth is a test to see if you are worthy to enter the kingdom of heaven. Would you let a stranger into your home with no idea if he is going to rape you and steal your money? No. Some people were born luckier than others yes. But that is life
>>
>>27289409
israel being reborn is not proof enough for you?
>>
>>27288802
God is real, but he doesn't care about you. Your life is shitty because life is shitty.
>>
>>27288802
>Trying to attach human sentiments to a higher being that's literally beyond our comprehension.

wew lad
>>
>>27290415
buddhism is absolutely retarded
our desires are the only thing keeping us human
>>
File: 1443034377440.jpg (57 KB, 500x674) Image search: [Google]
1443034377440.jpg
57 KB, 500x674
>>27290694
This. Buddhism is a religion for weak fucks.

>>27290519
>>27290640
>>27290679
Also this.
>>
File: bobby_cera.jpg (7 KB, 200x209) Image search: [Google]
bobby_cera.jpg
7 KB, 200x209
>>27288982
You seem to believe. So let me ask a question, why did God create a universe so large that it is humanly unimaginable for us to conceive and then put his imperfect creation (e.g. same tube for air and food) on one rock to play with them like toys? Just think, an unimaginably powerful being created a universe in such a way that he would have plenty to bitch about, like how all new born males get part of their dick clipped off.
It just seems ludicrous to be that people believe that something so intelligent would even bother with one part of an unbelievably large whole. It would be like us trying to control a bunch of single celled organisms to do our bidding.
>>
>>27290597
Why is one guy's test incredibly easy and the next guy's test incredibly hard?

>but that is life
Can you imagine if a teacher slapped a student during a test, raped another one, lit one on fire, gave another one some answers and another one the answers sheet.

What would you think of this teacher? Yes.
>>
He does exist, He did create us, He engineered the entire universe and at least guided most biological processes but then He left us/does not participate in daily life whatsoever.
>>
File: absolute madman.jpg (24 KB, 418x438) Image search: [Google]
absolute madman.jpg
24 KB, 418x438
>>27290805
he does in mine
>>
>>27290781
how do you know he doesnt have a shitload of different kinds of creatures on various rocks, playing around with them, telling each and every one of them a different story about himself? that's what i would do

they don't have to know about each other, and our knowledge of the universe is still very small
>>
>>27290789
I assume the teacher is suppose to be God in your scenario. God does not go around slapping people and raping people and all that shit. Other people do that. God helps those who helps themselves, unless of course they go around committing sins. God can't be the teacher because God gave us free will, the teacher is just a person not God and if the teacher is lighting people on fire, it's up to good people to stop her/him
>>
Because people are essentially broken Gods. Suffering is the only way to learn from our carnal desires.
>>
>>27291021
edgy
miyazaki pls remove the robot
>>
>>27288802

If God exists and misery exists in our world but the trade off is eternal bliss, is 80 years of suffering even significant to infinity? You might as well make the best out of it anyway because alternatively you'll get heaven or at the very worse you'll get death... which isn't bad if your life sucked anyway.
>>
>>27288999
This.

>>27289529
Ok, but like, God knows everything that ever will happen, right? And his whole goal for creating mankind was to have another intelligence to commune with him and worship him, and the only way to do that honestly was to let them have free will so they'd choose it, right? So he knew from the outset that he was going to create a world that would end up mired in shit, with constant atrocities and horrors happening, and he knew that in the endgame, the overwhelming majority of his creations would be set on fire forever while the few who happened to follow his one true religion (despite hundreds of others cropping up all making similar claims on similar evidence and reason) and followed it correctly get to be happy forever.

And like, the thing about forever is that it's not just "a really long time". It's a whole other thing, it's infinite, any finite stretch of time is effectively null and void compared to the infinite. So whatever you did on Earth to get to either heaven or hell, in the long run, diminishes into virtual non-existence, not even worth mentioning, and the whole story of your life is basically just "I am a being who is on fire forever" or "I am a being who is happy forever". And it's overwhelmingly the former. And that's basically the story of existence.

And... THAT is the best that an omniscient God could do? He, in his literally infinite wisdom, couldn't figure out a way to keep some company without sentencing billions to eternal torment while he and his compadres have dinner?

>>27289665
Kek. Underrated post.
>>
>>27291111
especially you
>>
File: 1458331256351.png (49 KB, 400x348) Image search: [Google]
1458331256351.png
49 KB, 400x348
>>27288802

beacuse he tests us as humans. giving up or not giving up. those who are effected by this is are granted to paradies.
>>
Has anyone ever thought the opposite? If God is all powerful and has the capacity to be cruel & evil, should we even be talking shit? He could just mess up your worthless life by a million if he really wanted to. Instead the only suffering you get is the man made stuff and diseases.
>>
File: can't_ride_your_bike.png (242 KB, 500x437) Image search: [Google]
can't_ride_your_bike.png
242 KB, 500x437
>>27290849
Evangelists would argue against that. I would have to question his intelligence, according to religious texts he is all powerful, which leads me to assume he's above knowledge, and thus if he were to actually exist he wouldn't puts around all day messing with random life he created. The way I think about it, it leads me to believe that I know for a fact all man made religions are false, but I still can't disprove a God, just like I can't disprove anything else I don't know exists. So if you want to believe in some higher power, don't think he loves you and don't identify as anything else but a deist.
>>
>>27291159
Have fun living forever. Sound like torture whether you go to heaven or hell.
>>
>>27288802
Most religious sees gods as being either black or white. If God really is a self-aware being, it's most definitely grey.
>>
>>27288802
I always had envy towards casually religious people, must be comforting thinking you have the universe figured out and you get to go to some magic place with all your friends and family when you die.
Unfortunately my parents were atheists growing up and now i'm too old to be converted.
>>
>>27288995
>if gods exists then the devil must also exist

........why?
>>
File: FLE1NYYH7UQJJJW.MEDIUM.jpg (32 KB, 602x477) Image search: [Google]
FLE1NYYH7UQJJJW.MEDIUM.jpg
32 KB, 602x477
Pick up a random book, turn to a random page and read a random passage and you'll have your answer that I exist.
>>
>>27289198
>2016
>still thinking everything in the universe happened by chance
Come on people
>>
>>27291117
Eternal bliss sounds boring as shit.

Besides if there is an omnipotent creator capable of setting past and future, and the links of causality going back to the beginning of the universe, how could it judge us from a moral perspective? It would be like righteously judging a triangle for not being a circle. It makes no sense.

It seems far more likely that, if there is a creator being outside of our conception of time, we are an art installation.
>>
>>27291403

What if you are looking at it through the Christian point of view about being judged and shit when in reality it's just a process.
>>
>>27291266
Considering God supposedly created the entirety of existence he'd have to be knowledgeable in absolutely every field of every science that exists. He'd have to be a master at every single concept that has ever existed and ever will.

I mean he created the shit. He created fucking quantum physics and trigonometry and nautical engineering and every other fucking thing. But he MADE them, clearly, considering he made everything.

So if God is smart enough to create all that and put it all together why did he fuck up with humans so bad?
>>
>>27288802
Let's say we were created by God.
Made in his image, but also made with the ability to have free will.
God tells us to not eat a fruit from a specific tree, but also sends Lucifer (who we know and love as Satan, but Satan is a word that means the challenger/he who brings the challenge) to tempt us with the option of consuming the fruit.
God's creations now have two choices, and we choose to eat the fruit.
It is confirmed that Humans have free will and God leaves us on Earth and disappears elsewhere, possibly to create new species on other worlds.
Lucifer stays to guide the humans by constantly challenging us, giving us tough love to fortify our souls.
God hasn't been in this picture since creation, only Lucifer.
>>
Why did God make me short and ugly and diseased and my Chad friend tall and sexy and with perfect health?
>>
>>27291475
Laws of physics don't change, humans do.
>>
>>27291475
Is this arguing for or against me? I don't know what you intended, but I'm an atheist and would have to agree with your post. I think people who believe in religion are so self focused, when they say God created the entire universe for us.
>>
If humans hadn't become the apex predators what would have happened ?
Would there be a complex underwater society filled with angry young squids complaining about octoroasties ?
>>
>>27291523

The person you are on the inside as an adolescent reflects how you grow up to be on the outside.

You were probably a spoiled rotten brat with bad behavior and that's the reason why you look the way you do now.

Karma is very much real. It's a quantum mechanic of this universe.
>>
>>27288802
As a human, I am stupid.
It is behind me to know what or why things are the way they are. It would appear that the world is tremendously flawed and that the overall distribution of pain and misery is not equal, nor is that of pleasure and joy.
When I die, if I am brought before god, I would never ever bow to anything like him until he could make it known to me why this is the way it must be.
>>
>>27291551
I just jumped on the little part you said about questioning God's intelligence. It was just a bit of a rant, but it's something I always think about when people try to defend religion and God's decisions and such. I'm not a fedora-wearing militant atheist but I'm willing to state my views.
Basically,
>God is intelligent enough to create fucking existience.
>All of existence and everything in it.
>Apparently knows all, sees all, has been around since before anything else was ever around somehow
>Makes humanity and gives us free will to defy him if we make up our minds to do so
>Was smart enough to create existence but couldn't determine whether or not some people would be damned to hell and an eternity of suffering for the decisions they made in a finite life if they were given the ability to think
>"Wow humanity failed they're going to hell"
>Made them anyway

If there's a God up there he's an asshole.
>>
File: 1458232439535.jpg (137 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1458232439535.jpg
137 KB, 1024x683
>>27291663
>You were probably a spoiled rotten brat with bad behavior
But that's not true at all. I was actually a good kid, the bitterness came much later. I never had bad behavior, I had good grades, I was the quiet nerdy kid who didn't bother anyone.

I have a bunch of successful friends and acquaintances who did terrible things even as kids and are very attractive and healthy.
>>
>>27288982

>Free will

Okay you fucking retard.
Is god allknowing? "Yes"
Is god allmighty? "Yes"

Free will CAN'T exist, if god is allknowing.
Free will would mean, that you could, in some way, trick god and neutralize his divine plan, since -god- WOULDN'T know what you are going to do, because you have played the free will card.

A god knows everything, from the beginning to the end, thus "Free will" is completely absurd and the case is closed.
>>
Didn't think it was possible to have this kind of debate on r9k of all places
>>
>>27291293
You just never have truly lived
>>
>>27292235
Why, because you thought it was too theist or too atheist? Because it seems pretty split these days.
>>
>>27288802
God doesn't exist.
Or the God that exists is different to what humans think God is.

If I were a creator of the universe, I would include suffering too. its a no brainer.
Enlighten yourself newbie
>>
>>27289048
I laughed because you made a really good point and now I'm sad because crohns sucks I've treated a couple people with it.
>>
>>27291488
In the old testament God and Lucifer are just sitting around shooting the shit when Lucifer makes God paranoid about Abraham's devotion. Shouldn't that tell you something about their relationship? Perhaps that Lucifer was the closest God had to an equal?
>>
File: 1441268520468.gif (498 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1441268520468.gif
498 KB, 500x281
If there is a God it feels like he's messing with me or I just dont understand what I'm supposed to do with what I've been given.

My grandparents have died recently and they were the ones that really raised me and showed me some sort of love. I graduated college but I'm a fuck up NEET that my parents yell at all the time. It seems like its only a matter of time before they kick me out and put me on the streets. I continue to apply to jobs but no matter what I can't seem to land anything that isn't just seasonal. I managed to get a girlfriend even if it is long distance. She really seems to care about me but I feel even worse knowing that I'm such shit. I want to be a better person for her and it just seems like no matter how hard I try I'm always getting held back. She pulled me from the brink of suicide so I really do want to be there for her and be the person who can make her happy. I kind of just want to win the lottery so I can check out of society and live the rest of my days care free with her because this world is a damn nightmare.

I have a friend who works 46 hours a week and cant afford to to live on his own or be self sufficient. Another friend of mine tried getting his GED but some system fuck up says he never got the credits he needed and he's getting kicked out by his mom and losing his job. He's already been on the streets before. Other people I know are just getting the crap beat out of them by life and I just dont understand why we have to suffer like this.

If God is out there I don't understand why all this suffering happens. You hear about how shit life is in third world countries but when I see the people I know and I see myself getting pushed into the streets and suffering I can't help but feel like Gods not there or if he is that our lives are just a trivial game to him. To see how far the favored can rise and how low scum like me can descend. I don't want much out of life. I just want to be stable and happy.
>>
If God exists he is sure a fucking genius.
I mean, he created atoms and biology and like gravity laws and shit. If god exists I respect him.
Someone with that level of intellect can't possibly feel empathy. I don't blame him.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 600x450
>>27288802
Whatever put us here certainly has no large amount of sympathy for its creations. I'm quite sure it made humans for the express purpose of weeding out the weakest, to kill off and inflict pain upon those who can't accept the atrocities and suffering of this world.
Not unlike a child tearing the legs off ants to watch them squirm, I doubt this entity has malicious intent, it simply doesn't understand what it's done. I pity such an innocent creature, yet I can't help but feel wrathful towards it.
Pic related. We were a mistake.
>>
>>27288982
>interference from satan.

Satan can't do anything that god doesn't want him to, though. If god wanted, he could easily just keep Satan locked up somewhere. Satan needs God's permission to go ruin somebody's life (like in the Book of Job).
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.