[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have 1 brief moment with slightly attractive woman in RL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: 1458236869411.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458236869411.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>have 1 brief moment with slightly attractive woman in RL
>cant stop thinking bout it all day
>go home and masturbate

life at 30 brehs
>>
>>27233300
>qt.314 christian girl at work with a huge ass asks me questions about my life
>go home and fantasize about the life we could have together
I want off this ride
>>
File: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
Kornheiser_Why.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>>27233380
>converting to Orthodoxy
>meet Priest's daughter for first time
>my age or slightly older
>extremely qt
>beautiful singing voice
>even looks at me over her coffee mug; I know because I caught her doing it
>spend rest of night imagining us living together
>dream about her entire night
>continue imagining in morning
>sigh as I realize that I have completely fallen in love with a girl I have never even spoken to and never will be able to speak to
Why can't I just not be attracted to women? Please, it is all I want.
>>
>>27233508
iktfb

it is literally suffering, I really hate that I am this desperate

I'm really thinking about moving to a new state and joining a catholic church and just assume a new life, because I am done being alone
>>
File: Saint_Barlaam_of_Kyiv_Caves.jpg (18 KB, 413x531) Image search: [Google]
Saint_Barlaam_of_Kyiv_Caves.jpg
18 KB, 413x531
>>27233570
I've been considering becoming a monk just so I never have to even look at a qt ever again (yes, there is some religious devotion too, I feel that I can't "go forth and multiply", so am therefore obligated to be monastic), but I don't think I have to discipline to.
>>
>>27233594
Good luck bro, I hope you make it
You're literally doing God's work
>>
you guys are pathetic lmao
>>
>>27233613
That's the thing though, I don't have the discipline for it. I feel like if I try, I will just end up failing during the novitiate and have wasted three years of my life and will have to just endure lonely forever. Maybe in ten years when I turn thirty, I will have become numb enough to be able to devote myself. There is some last tiny sliver of hope that I didn't even know was there, and, damnit, she made it come out, and I can't kill it.
>>
>match with qt on tinder
>chat, start imagining life together
>she stops replying
>>
>>27233508

Would you mind sharing bit about your experiences with Orthodoxy? I've been considering converting, but the only Orthodox church in our town is a Greek one, and I don't want to be the only non-Greek there.
>>
File: europe.jpg (88 KB, 700x519) Image search: [Google]
europe.jpg
88 KB, 700x519
>>27233648

Join the next crusade to purge Europe of the Muslim menace
>>
>>27233668
Where are you? I go to an Orthodox Church in America parish, so we have our services in English. Most of the parish are converts, so everyone was really welcoming. Everyone there is a big history buff like me, so I fit in with most everyone (despite being much younger). Hardest thing is the fasting (it is currently Great Lent).

Last Sunday was Forgiveness Sunday, and I have never felt anything more divine.
>>
>>27233711

Small town in South Carolina. You are either a Baptist here, or you are a heretic in need of converting. There are many churches, just very few Catholic or Orthodox.

Was converting beneficial overall for you?
>>
File: Saint George.jpg (20 KB, 258x345) Image search: [Google]
Saint George.jpg
20 KB, 258x345
>>27233702
With Saint George as our guide, we shall crush the Turkish menace and reclaim Constantinople!

>tfw the Ecumenical Patriarchate may be forced down for the first time since the 700's in your lifetime
>>
File: resurrection2007.jpg (247 KB, 1025x888) Image search: [Google]
resurrection2007.jpg
247 KB, 1025x888
>>27233740
It has made me get out, and I really do feel a great deal of religious closeness now and get very emotional about it.

>tfw break down crying while kissing an icon of Christ upon the cross

Yes, I would say it has been beneficial.

Have you checked the OCA website for a parish in SC?
>>
>>27233770

Thank you for the tip, but it seems there are none available.

Should I just try the Greek one? Their services are in English. I will be moving to another city with an Orthodox church in about six months. Should I just wait until then?
>>
>>27233865
If it is only six months, I might wait. Could always send an e-mail to the Priest to see what he recommends, but it would be kind of hard being torn away from your parish after already integrating in for six months.

Plus, depending on how much willpower you can just summon up, this would be a difficult time to start (the great fast just began this week, and won't end until May 1). It might be beneficial to go just to see what everyone does there, because learning the hymns takes some time, and I still only know some (the Lord's Prayer, the Nicene Creed, Hymn of the Cherubim, Let My Prayer Arise like Incense before You, Lord of Hosts, God is With Us), and I have been going for three months now.

If someone comes up to you and gives you bread, take it. It isn't the eucharist, so you aren't being fraudulent; it is blessed bread that can be given to anyone.

I've got to go to bed now, since it is 3 am and I have to wake up at 8:30, but I hope you have luck and make decisions that will be the most beneficial.
>>
>>27233961

Thank you for the advice and information, anon. I'll just wait until then.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.