[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does everyone want to do the same shit and "explore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1346982136894.jpg (89 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1346982136894.jpg
89 KB, 480x640
why does everyone want to do the same shit and "explore and adventure"??
do they realize there ain't shit out there for them?

what are you expecting to see exactly? animals fucking each other? bums of the world? highly contrived touristy shit where everyone in a 10 mile radius just wants your money?

what do you get out of traveling? i used to do it when i was a kid and i didn't like it that much.
>>
>>27190642
My family went to Virginia beach last year because we wanted to see the ocean. Pure and simple. It's just about the experience guy.
>>
There's a lot of freedom in not having to wake up and going to work.

It's cool to not have an itinerary and just experience something outside of your bubble.

People are weird and varied and pretty fascinating, especially the ones you'll meet traveling, they're a different bunch.

There's a lot of self reflection, and reflection in general when your perspective is changed and your routine is non-existent. all of your problems and issues that you see in front of you now will be replaced with different problems and issues. It does wonders for breaking up monotony.

The different food in different areas alone is worth traveling for.

If you don't get it you never will, it's manifest destiny and it's in the hearts of *most* of us.
>>
>>27190698
so you went and looked at the ocean? you got in it? you had a good time, a bad time?
last time i "went to the ocean" i got rejected, had to sleep in a car and fucked my feet up because sand.

>>27190699
it's not about getting it. none of that stuff is tempting or exciting. "varied and fascinating" oh you mean bums?
the food is not worth traveling for, you some kinda fat ass or something?
maybe i am too pragmatic and meat and potatoes. food is food, people are people.
>manifest destiny
sounds like hippie mumbo jumbo, desu.
>>
>>27190642

Fuck off, you don't have a clue how fun and interesting it is to find new things for yourself. Did noone tell you you can be a robot and explore new things at the same time?
>>
>>27190642

Most humans prefer tactile experiences, OP.

They aren't satisfied sitting at home reading books for 40 years; they want to smell, touch, taste, hear, and see things which vary from their normal routine.

That's all there is to it, really.
>>
>>27190784
like i said, i've traveled a lot, didn't like it.
no.. no one told me that because no one uses 4chan meme words in real life.
>>
>>27190805
smell: shit from sewers and garbage, pollution
taste: the same food that's been on Earth for centuries now, carbon monoxide in the air
hear: the sounds of a language you can't understand and mass traffic
see: garbage, bums, random, boring terrain that isn't exciting
touch: ????? your own dick because you're not getting foreign pussy?

how many posts will it take for people to just admit it's for trying to fuck foreign people?
>>
>>27190806

How the fuck can you not like finding new things for yourself? I didn't use a single fucking meme in there, what are you on about?
>>
>>27190843
quoted, you said this:
>tell you you can be a robot
no one says robot in real life. i shouldn't have had to break that down. your IQ must be really low or something.
>>
>>27190835
>fuck foreign people

That would fall under the jurisdiction of "smell, hear, see, taste, touch new things".
>>
>>27190765
You're a bigger turn off than Buzz Killington. Why are you too autistic to understand the excitement in exploring new environments?
>>
>>27190835

But okay OP, since you've shared what you hate, I'm curious: What do you LIKE doing?
>>
>>27190642
Go read up on MBTI, particularly sensors.
>>
>>27190835
I get the feeling your travel conceptions come entirely from countries like India and Brazil
>>
I live in NYC, and there's so much to explore and do here, I have no desire to travel anywhere, especially without a specific reason.

Exceptions would be Ireland to visit family, and Canada because it's right fucking there.
>>
>>27190835
>touch: ????? your own dick because you're not getting foreign pussy?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.