[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else too incompetent to even make friends online? I spend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 18
File: 1457432313914.jpg (40 KB, 409x452) Image search: [Google]
1457432313914.jpg
40 KB, 409x452
Anyone else too incompetent to even make friends online?

I spend all day on the internet and 4chan is the only place I post because it's anonymous and I can just disappear if things get stressful. I've never kept an online friendship for more than a week because I just run out of things to say.
>>
>>27106218

I think one of the problems in my case is that I'm such an extreme shut-in I can't really relate to anyone and the disparity in our lives quickly turns into a suffocating presence. I'm pretty good socially so I can empathise with people who have active, busy lifestyles with a wide circle of friends to a point but that only takes you so far.
>>
File: 1357025037529.jpg (208 KB, 538x585) Image search: [Google]
1357025037529.jpg
208 KB, 538x585
>talking with someone I met on /r9k/ or through a game
>running out of things to say
>oh no, they can tell they can tell I'm boring, they hate me, they want to get out of this conversation, they're too good for me, I'm too boring, I should just go, I'm just gonna go, they want that anyways, they don't want to talk to me, they're gonna remove me eventually, I should just do it now and go
>"hey, I gotta go to sleep, I'll talk to you later"
>"alright, cool, goodnight. see you later"
>REMOVE
>BLOCK
>cry at computer
>>
File: 1335331393911.jpg (78 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
1335331393911.jpg
78 KB, 351x351
Whenever I add someone I can never work up the courage to message them first. I spend all day sitting in front of the computer stressing/thinking about what I'll do if they do end up messaging me. It always ends with either them blocking me or simply never messaging me again.
>>
>>27106442
You guys are psychos, no wonder you have no friends.
>>
>>27106218
yes it's pathetic it's fucking pathetic I hate myself
>>
File: latest.png (285 KB, 580x282) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
285 KB, 580x282
>>27106442
This is me right now on about step 3 except I think I accidentally fell in love with him send help
>>
>>27106442
Please don't silently remove and block people. Even if you're scared. Tell them how you're thinking.
>>
>>27107104
i fall in love with everyone who responds to my texts more than twice
>>
>>27106218
i used to be really sociable online, now i'm simply not. I can't even hold a conversation online anymore.
>>
>>27107182
Hello.
How was your day? Was it original?
>>
>>27106218
Yes, I have the same, I just can't talk with anyone outside of boards. I start feeling like I owe them something. And if they're ugly - they want to meet IRL or ask for nudes and stuff like that, start pressing on me and I hate when people press on me.
>>
>>27107206
i can't even. I masturbated and played SMTIV all day, how do you turn that into conversation?
>>
>>27107271
I don't know. What did you beat it to?
Would you recommend SMTIV to someone who has never heard of it?

Do these question make you hate me?
>>
>>27107359
>Do these question make you hate me?
nah

beat it to some preg stuff, SFM and futa.

It's the first SMT game i've played and I was pleasantly surprised. I expected it to be grindy like persona and it wasn't.
>>
>>27107457
Did you have any camping trips with your family in the last 10 years?
do you cut yourself?
>>
>>27107612
>Did you have any camping trips with your family in the last 10 years?
went along the east coast like 4-5 years ago or something

>do you cut yourself?
what am i, a woman?
>>
>>27107730
>went along the east coast like 4-5 years ago or something

well, was it fun?

>what am i, a woman?
Yes?
>>
>I've never kept an online friendship for more than a week because I just run out of things to say.

I'm at the one week mark of my latest attempt and I feel this is exactly where I am. I want to talk to my friend but I have nothing to say so I always say boring things, I even get bored myself reading and writing them. I think I'm going to stop burdening them and cut contact and go back to not having friends as it should be.
>>
Honestly haven't had any problems talking to robots on here. Even the fembots were alright, if a little "shy".
Feels like I am running a psych ward and I'm doing my rounds, kek
>>
>>27107792
>well, was it fun?
it was normal, now i'm bored of this.
bye.
>>
>>27107817
sorry
it was nice chatting with you anyway
>>
File: pepe120.png (199 KB, 786x826) Image search: [Google]
pepe120.png
199 KB, 786x826
I tried recently

>lonely beta khv neet
>decide its time to make some online friends
>devise a foolproof strategy to get some of that much-needed social exposure
>make a skype and start posting it in /soc/ threads
>a few people message me
>a few conversations develop
>it all goes well at first
>after a few days I start to get suspicious
>after a few more days I'm absolutely convinced they're FBI agents trying to incriminate me for something I didn't do
>make an excuse to stop talking to each of them
>block all of them
>abandon the skype account

I don't even know why I suspect these things. I also throw away food prepared by others because I think its being poisoned.
>>
>you think you are being boring
>you think he hates you
>you think you are wasting his time
>you think you'll have nothing to talk about next time and you think he is going to be annoyed if you try to message him again
>you think you shouldn't even bother, you fucked it up

>you think he is cool and nice
>you think he is TOO cool and nice
>too cool and nice to waste his time talking to a boring loser like you
>so you leave, to not waste his time

Please end me already, online interactions are too hard, nobody ever told me it would be this hard.
>>
File: large.png (148 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
large.png
148 KB, 500x281
>>27107937

Jesus christ i could have done without feeling all that
>>
Any one of you robots want to use me to practice talking over skype/steam? I promise you wont want to speak to me for long after.
>>
>>27106218
I'd be willing to talk to you if you want. I'm a depressed robot so you wouldn't need to feel intimidated.
>>
File: 1457713170766.jpg (67 KB, 484x593) Image search: [Google]
1457713170766.jpg
67 KB, 484x593
Join my skype group

https://join.skype.com/dfHWbTbHh12V
>>
> tfw even on nothing communities like reddit I become a pariah

despite being upvoted
>>
File: 1456818093772.jpg (247 KB, 540x554) Image search: [Google]
1456818093772.jpg
247 KB, 540x554
>>27108437
They can check your comments on reddit and realize that youre a robot
>>
I seriously feel like the most boring fucking person in the world when I try to make friends. I just have nothing to say. And it doesn't help that I'm terrified of rejection.
>>
>>27108183
join us robot, I need to practice English

https://join.skype.com/dfHWbTbHh12V
>>
Yeah, most of the time I just argue with people online because I'm kind of afraid of making friends with people online. I usually add them on Skype, talk to them, then delete the skype account after 2 days.
>>
>>27107847
you can't save them all, anon
>>
I'm incapable of even the most simple interactions with anyone in video games. Especially if they are friendly or talkative with the other people in the game. I get so angry at being unable to co-operate or be friends/normal people like them that I just become aggressive and spend the whole game doing the opposite of what they ask me to do and basically become the enemy of the team until I get myself reported (dota) or kicked/banned in csgo.
I guess there's something of a selfish/only child element to it too where I refuse to take orders from any of the people that assert themselves as a sort of leader or give advice in the games. Don't think I've met anyone else who does this shit. Maximum selfish autism.
>>
>>27106218
Try tumblr. There's a reasonably sized 4chan base that use the site, and most of the people are pretty friendly.
>>
>>27106218
I've tried multiple times and it never works out.

Every time I either can't relate to them or offend them or my personality is too repulsive
>>
Used to find it really easy to make friends online when I was younger, now after losing a lot of them because we stopped talking or because of random bullshit... it's hard. I find it hard to even strike up conversation with people on steam, I feel like they all hate me, despite their assurances that they don't. Sometimes I wish I could just melt away and disappear so I'd never have to interact with them again.
>>
>>27107134
we panic, senpai
>>
File: lW57CO8.jpg (522 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
lW57CO8.jpg
522 KB, 2000x2000
I wish I had a friend, but I feel way too picky.

plus
I have no social life at all too so I'm scared that would just bore them into not wanting to speak to me.

> basically too afraid to try
>>
>>27109850
>but I feel way too picky.
What are your requirements?
>>
>voice is monotone
>find most common interests boring
>cant keep a conversation going
>no idea how to turn an acquaintance into a friend
>will go into random bouts of hermitism for even months at a time
I figure I'll never make a friend
>>
literally the closest thing I've had to friends online is a bunch of dutch people on this old MMO I used to play, even then they would ask why I was so quiet in the chat
>>
>>27106218
If you like Hidamari OP we can be friends
>>
>>27109872

Not much I guess
Someone who is nice & will talk to me when I want to talk, but is okay if I don't want to.
I think a lot of people who would want to talk are really negative, and that's all they want to talk about,
The nice/honest ones are too busy with social stuff to become an honest friend with a random person.
>>
>>27110153
False. I spent all day yesterday talking to some suicidal bot. I think he felt better in the end. Or, rather he said so.
Not everyone here is awful, robot
>>
File: smugpumpkin.png (1 MB, 836x815) Image search: [Google]
smugpumpkin.png
1 MB, 836x815
I have an online friend. It's pretty neat
>>
File: unsure4.jpg (62 KB, 590x400) Image search: [Google]
unsure4.jpg
62 KB, 590x400
>>27110210

Well I hope he was honest about feeling better,
and it's hard to believe there are decent people here that I can confide with, or relate to..
I know there are some, but I'm afraid of screwing it up and I'm way too cynical of nice people

> would make a bad friend
>>
File: 1457120370723.jpg (108 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1457120370723.jpg
108 KB, 800x800
it's hard to make friends on /r9k/

my problem is that I'm kinda screwed up, and so are a lot of people here. I can't handle another screwed up person, I want to help them and comfort them but I can't even help myself. I can't offer anything meaningful to someone who needs help.
>>
>>27110516
>>27110553

I'll give it a try. I would like to make friends. I will honestly try but I'll still be myself mostly.
>>
>>27110516
I hope he was honest, too.
I probably didn't make all that much of a difference for him, but even if it meant a little bit, it makes me feel better about it.
I do understand your cynicism, however, as I've come across some nasty, cringy and bitter robots that honestly are far too gone. Still, I don't let that stand in my way. Positivity is my juice.

Seriously doubt you'd make a bad friend, though. I've seen and been around some real scum. Not to mention, there isn't much anyone can say to me anymore that would make me outright hate, or dislike them.
>>
>>27110553

>tfw no friend to help and comfort me

It's the thought that counts
>>
>>27110602

How did you get talking to him, steam?
>>
>tfw people always call you autistic, weird, boring etc.
>you are terrible at conversations
>you always feel like the other person dislikes you
>you always feel like you should delete them
Even people on /r9k/ are interesting, but I'm not at all. The only qualities I can offer when it comes to friendship can other people offer better. I almost feel like real life conversations are easier because you have the extra visual and auditory aspect.
>>
>>27110879
>>tfw people always call you autistic, weird, boring etc.
>>you are terrible at conversations
>>you always feel like the other person dislikes you
>>you always feel like you should delete them
I know all of these feels. I have nothing to offer but I'm still lonely.
>>
>>27110854
He made a thread where he posted a picture of his KIK account name, asking people to talk to him. So I did.
Personally, I prefer to use skype. It's just faster than a phone to chat on.
I'm on for some time still, in case you wanted to chat natefiver
Well, that goes for anyone who wants to chat really
>>
>>27111035
>I have nothing to offer but I'm still lonely.
My life in a sentence.
>>
>>27111035
>>27110879
Do either of you play vidya?
>>
File: 1449791219849.jpg (40 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1449791219849.jpg
40 KB, 535x577
I don't know how to make friends online either. Even when playing multiplayer games like CSGO and DOTA it doesn't happen. I even joined WoW for a couple of months, and nobody wanted to talk with me or play with me.

I just don't know how.
>>
>>27111382
Sorry anon.

>>27111417
I no longer have the means.
>>
File: crying.png (59 KB, 500x306) Image search: [Google]
crying.png
59 KB, 500x306
>>27111047
You seem really nice so I'll save your name, but I have to set up skype and it is getting really late here
Maybe tomorrow we can chat or something, if you still want to
>>
>>27106218
its not worth it
online friends are fake as hell
it only works if you can easily bs with each other and make no effort to actually get close
>>
File: f79c306b7614e7ab67f5e55b7a895371.png (221 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
f79c306b7614e7ab67f5e55b7a895371.png
221 KB, 1280x1024
>>27111417
Yes, but mostly unknown stuff when it comes to multiplayer, but I would be willing to pick up other games if it means we would play together.
>>
>>27111469
Sure, I have to go running in the morning but, by the time I return you should be awake. Assuming you're american
>>
>>27111509
Sure then! just post steam I am usually up to play stuff
>>
>>27106218
try irc. if u cant find something to say someone else will
>>
>>27106218
yes, me. ...bye.
>>
File: ireland_by_haehime.jpg (86 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
ireland_by_haehime.jpg
86 KB, 480x600
>>27111611

Okay well enjoy your run, but no not really American..
> pic related

+5hrs at least I guess, so hopefully I'll be awake
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.