[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yesterday I realized I was sad simply because I wanted to be,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 1457042073678.jpg (229 KB, 1047x763) Image search: [Google]
1457042073678.jpg
229 KB, 1047x763
Yesterday I realized I was sad simply because I wanted to be, and now I have overcome this darkness that was depression. I must say it feel fucking amazing to fly free now, the only regret I have, is not having allowed myself this earlier. I fucking knew it was all in my head guys. No pill can give you back the happiness that is your birthright. You never really lost it, you simply gave it away to something, and that was the day you stopped allowing yourself to feel it freely. Guys snap the fuck out of it, just do it. There is nothing holding you down but yourself, believe me.
>>
>>27173241
lol at this manic dumbass
>>
>>27173278
On top of autism, I would probably diagnose him with bipolar
>>
>get this feeling every so often
>feels like a personality revolution
>goes smoothly for a bit
>something destabilizes me because I'm still shakey with my new identity
>back to square one
>realize to sustain this new outlook I'd have to get a job and not fuck up even the teensiest bit
>back to square one

Fuck me gently with a chainsaw.
It's either this shit sticks one of these days or I end up an heroing in the woods. It really is a toss-up between the two. Not sure which I would regret more...
>>
>>27173241
I'm a determinist. I believe I'll be in depression for however long I'll be in it. It saps willpower. There is no gauranteed way to escape.
>>
>>27173347
Man I get this a lot lately. Like a monster shaking my body from within. I'll go savage on people, start arguments, make people laugh, or some weird combination of those. Then the next day I'll be back to my normal piece of trash self.
>>
>>27173278
Whatever you say man. But we are all seeking a feeling, and we believe some wordly object/achievement is going to get us that, and It might, but not the lasting kind. Only you can give yourself that.
>>
>OP's brain chemicals normalize and he thinks he willed himself out of depression
>>
>>27173347
Stop labeling yourself as something, and aquiring new identities. They are not real and therefore must be maintained and can be lost. The only identity you have is the universe itself. You are just one aspect of the wholeness that is the universe. You can't be anything but that, there is no separation. All that exists are different forms of the same existence, no matter how different anything might seem from eachother. It's all one experiencing itself as many. We are all just the universe experiencing itself and are all truly one.
>>
>>27173547
Tell me then, if it's chemical. How comes that when you get something you want you become happy. Is there any chemical interference in such a situation, is that situation/object interfering with something in your brain to make you happy? I don't believe there is, and therefore it's absolutely possible to allow yourself happiness without condition.
>>
>>27173568
There is purpose behind it, though
If I change my identity, even if it is fictional, I can catalyze a change in how I behave
I've done that whole killing my ego thing before and all it led to me doing was doing drugs and watching movies all day
>>
>>27173707
Tell me, who is trying to kill the ego?
>>
>>27173750
I don't understand the question. Can you rephrase?
>>
>>27173649
>Tell me then, if it's chemical. How comes that when you get something you want you become happy.

uh, your brain releases chemicals based off the stimulus, this is like high school biology dude

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reward_system
>>
>>27173771
If there is an ego to kill, who is the one who kills it?
>>
>>27173792
Allright, fair enough. If that's what you want to believe so be it.
>>
>>27173820
>If that's what you want to believe so be it.

It's not what I want to believe, it's what's been demonstrably figured out to be true (or as close as we can guess) through the use of the scientific method.

I'm by no means saying that you can't help depression by altering your thought patterns and beliefs, just that the effects of such are no less "chemical" than any other brain function.
>>
>>27173795
The ego itself? What's your point?
>>
>>27173851
>The reward system is a group of neural structures that are responsible for incentive salience (i.e., "wanting" or desire), pleasure

The reward system is right in explaining the most common way for people to allow themselves good feelings. Which is by aquiring something they believe is worthy of making them feel good emotions. If you can somehow rid yourself of desire there will be nothing in the way of unconditional happiness, as that emotion is no longer held under conditions of objects and situations.
>>
>>27173865
If the ego somehow kills itself, who is then left? just go along with me now.
>>
>>27173941

>If you can somehow rid yourself of desire there will be nothing in the way of unconditional happiness, as that emotion is no longer held under conditions of objects and situations.

>If
>>
>>27173955
No one at aII
>>
>>27173965
Well, all I can say now is, try. And you might be pleasantly surprised one day.
>>
>>27174003
really? who is it then who stands there without an ego?.
>>
>>27174019
Nobody can stand there and not have an ego
>>
>>27174044
>what are psychedelic drugs
>>
>>27174044
so you are implying the ego is real, by saying nobody is left then?
>>
File: 79728f_5505754.jpg (64 KB, 906x799) Image search: [Google]
79728f_5505754.jpg
64 KB, 906x799
>tfw drugs are the only things that help me cope with depression but due to my situation I can get them barely a few times a year and must do them in complete secrecy to avoid complete ostracisation from the few people I sort of care about
>>
>>27174068
If you reach the point where you truly have an ego death on psychedelic drugs "you" aren't standing there anymore, are you? I mean you are in physical reality, but that's not you anymore, right?
If you still recognize yourself as yourself you have an ego
>>
>>27173750
>>27173771
>>27173795
>>27173865
>>27173955
>>27174003
>>27174044
>>27174126

This might just be the dumbest post chain I've ever seen on this board
>>
>>27174141
>If you reach the point where you truly have an ego death on psychedelic drugs "you" aren't standing there anymore, are you? I mean you are in physical reality, but that's not you anymore, right?
If you still recognize yourself as yourself you have an ego

Well, yeah? What's your point?

Just because your ego dissolves doesn't mean that all the aspects that make up your consciousness aren't still in your head. Your brain still contains all of the information and concepts that it did beforehand, it just lacks the definite reference point of the "self" from which to view them.
>>
>>27174126
How is it unreal?
>>
>>27173347
You like Senses Fail?
>>
>>27174176
To be selfaware is not the same as ego, and that awareness would still remain if the ego where to vanish. Ego is unreal in the sense that it is a false identity created by the self.
>>
File: 1457669696352.jpg (113 KB, 800x458) Image search: [Google]
1457669696352.jpg
113 KB, 800x458
>>27173241
>There is nothing holding you down but yourself, believe me.

Nice try normie,My head just gives me the possibility to aknowledge the fact that my life is shit, it doesen't create false images of it.
When i didn't care i was completely alone, and now that i actually care i'm still completely alone, nothing changed.
but thank you for trying tho.
>>
I'm also on the journey to being happy for good. What you're saying is pretty much how I feel. Good on you OP.
>>
>>27174207
No, I didn't even know what that was until you posted
Fuck me gently with a chainsaw is a quote from the movie Heathers
>>
OP signing out, just remember. There is no greater happiness than the one you allow yourself, because then there will be nothing to take it away but yourself.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.