[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The future of mankind?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: friedrich-nietzsche-quotes.jpg (261 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
friedrich-nietzsche-quotes.jpg
261 KB, 1280x800
Hello r9k i would like to encourage all people on this board to engage in a rather important intellectual discussion. The vast majority of us are red-pilled individuals that have gathered a large sum of knowledge as it pertains to the nature of women. We have also came to understand the power our genetics have over our successes and failures. Lastly we have came to learn that the general population (Normies) typically only act in their own self interest and are absolutely oblivious to the sufferings of the world.

As a long time poster on this board i feel that we need to discuss the potential future for mankind, and in particular the future for us fellow robots.

In the future i see nothing but pain and despair for us robots. Religion is rapidly leaving the developed world and causing the very moral fabric the west was built upon to rip apart. Science is rapidly marching towards oblivion as it slowly learns the true nature of man and the unimportance of life itself. We are also watching developed economies around the world slowly collapse under the weight of automation. All of this occurs as the "bright" minds of the future claim we are marching towards a "utopia".

I would like to end this post by writing about how i see the potential future. Firstly i believe we will see a revival of scientific racism and eugenics as we make more discovery into the nature of genetics. I also see our world and society becoming radically more gynocentric. Lastly i feel that our capitalist economy will collapse on itself when automation invades every factory and office.

The only future i can reasonably imagine is a bleak one. I hope some other robots can chime in an possibly add some value to this conversation.
>>
>>27106104
Dude you are fucking stupid. You sound like a /pol/ tin foil hat conspirator. The future is going to be great we might never have to work again quit complaining!!!
>>
File: 1455917023644.png (11 KB, 404x511) Image search: [Google]
1455917023644.png
11 KB, 404x511
> Religion is rapidly leaving the developed world

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There is already a war in Europe.
Muslims will outbreed the Eruopeans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g#t=58m23s
>>
Time goes in cycles
The oppressed rise up only to oppress their masters
Time forgets the old masters as oppressors
The old oppressors rise up to become the new.

History can be divided in terms of faith based vs evidence based paradigms.
Crowley said the new masters always villify the old ones

Things will be no different in the future except these paradigm shifts will happen alot quicker until we all just collectively say fuck it and blow each other up in a microsecond.

Unless theres someway to make for a great exodus.
If we cant leave this shit show for the wild blue yonder or something like it we will only destroy ourselves.
>>
>>27106104
Really? Automation is your biggest concern? Not
>exponentially increasing population
>rising quality of life scores and costs of labor in Asia
>loss of biodiversity within crops, veggies and fruits
>climate change turning the areas that provide most of us with produce into desolate wastelands
>rising sea levels
>running out of metals / etc
Our children's children are fucked, but not because of the reasons you've laid out.
>>
>>27106104
>posts nietzsche
>mourns the loss of slave-mentality religion

/pol/acks everybody

>genetics

yes, we have discovered genes linked to intelligence. they correlate with mental illness, in particular people who have seizures. scientific racism and eugenics are shit-tier.

the importance is not in minor genetic differences, but encouraging a fair environment where intelligent, hard working people pass on their genes, instead of loud mouth asshole sociopaths who exploit stockholm syndrome.

anyone who thinks they know what the future holds is probably a fucking lunatic.
>>
>>27107099
>scientific racism and ugenics are shit tier
>BECAUSE I SAID SO HURRR
>>
>>27107099
>shits on eugenics
>in the same post says we must get intelligent people to breed with each other

Nigger you're fucking retarded
>>
>>27106104
I think all of us robots are the victims of the success of intelligent nerds, engineers and mathematicians.

These smart-ass little punks are pushing us into extinction in their servitude to our corporate masters.

Their minds are like brilliant bright lights that are outshining all of us, and leaving us forgotten. I say we snuff them out.

I always have felt hatred and envy towards people who are smarter and more successful than me and now I know those feelings were justified. My very existence is threatened by these ego-tripping smart-asses.

>>27106404
>rising quality of life scores and costs of labor in Asia

I agree, Asians are the biggest threat to western civilization.
>>
>>27107291

eugenics: the process of sterilizing adults in order to prevent the spread of certain traits.

originally, first and foremost, in addition to obvious genetic defects, they targeted mentally ill individuals. people who couldn't function in normal society. in this manner they eliminate the very traits that, were they properly expressed, advance the human race as a species.

i don't see how competion-based eugenics programs wouldn't only serve to promote greed, sabotage of others (for competing nations, states, etc... releasing lead, mercury, plastics, on the individual level cheating, aggressive displays of intellect that only serve themselves), at best.

at worst, you are instituting a society that is literally asking people to work against their own personal biological imperative, written through BILLIONS of years of selection. people would go literally fucking insane, only they would have a reason to because their society is openly killing them off.

it's a techno-fetishists pipe dream. utter fucking bullshit.
>>
>>27107419
extinction events are a part of nature. you could say inventions, tools and weapons and fire are as well, co-evolved into our nature. it's just the way things are.
>>
>>27107880
>submitting to oblivion.

Wow, you're a faggot. These fuckers are literally killing us off slowly and you are so well conditioned that you just accept it.

Grow a pair.
>>
>>27107906
fuck off cunt, you're the only one i see surrendering. you surrender to nature, to the blood and claw and the way of the caveman. hop back to your obsolete, self-centered tendencies. self-centered, childish temper tantrum having motherfucker.

i'm already dead. this is hell. we push forward.
>>
The fact that capitalism is vulnerable to automation shows just what a shit system it is. Marx's actual view was that we collectively have a choice: we can either fall into a slow decay under the contradictions of capitalism, or we can throw down capitalism utterly and choose a different social order.

Religion is a symptom of our cognitive biases, nothing more and nothing less. Religion is definitely not the moral fabric of society, or else one would have to wonder how to construct morality from thousands of pages of random and inconsistent historical anecdotes. Morality comes from society (which is to say, from those around us), and religion is used as a justification for whatever moral positions one ends up taking. That said, if religion were to go away, a different thing would fill its gap, be it economic dogma or intersectionality.

The problem with normies is that we're usually predisposed to in-group/out-group thinking, so normies care a great deal about those close to them, and that ability to care drops off quickly with social distance.

I don't know that I'm overly optimistic for the world. I don't think technology solves all problems, because the problems that count require the kinds of large-scale solutions that capitalism generally isn't capable of delivering, or at least, that it can only deliver in short bursts. The cancer that's killing the world is classical liberalism (i.e., libertarianism), and it's not clear what one can do about that particular strain.
>>
>>27108058
>hop back to your obsolete, self-centered tendencies. self-centered, childish temper tantrum having motherfucker.

Hey buddy, I'm not the one surrendering to my own oblivion here. I can't be that obsolete if I still have the will to live.

Unlike you, who is such a pussy that he would rather die than get angry over something.

You act like anger and hatred aren't incredibly useful and beneficial emotions that the majority of people now lack, hence their domestication and slavery.
>>
File: 1456966391095.jpg (156 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
1456966391095.jpg
156 KB, 1440x960
>>27106104
But there's nothing more to add, anon. Everything that needed to be analyzed, discussed, compared has been already, and we're just endlessly repeating the same things.

There is no hope. The singularity fags are most likely wrong, and their "unlimited free neetbux for everyone, and, and even, and ever da woboats maek all the food for free and the toys too!!!!" fantasy will never ever become reality.

Civilizations die too, like everything else. But what do you mean by hope? Hope as what? As an individual? As "robots"? What are robots? Are we considered a class?
>>
>>27108115
>muh emotions i'm a special snowflake why won't anybody love me

obsessing over what is and is not useful is what got us into the whole, "civilization," schtick in the first place, you knob.
>>
>>27108072
>Religion is a symptom of our cognitive biases, nothing more and nothing less. Religion is definitely not the moral fabric of society, or else one would have to wonder how to construct morality from thousands of pages of random and inconsistent historical anecdotes. Morality comes from society (which is to say, from those around us), and religion is used as a justification for whatever moral positions one ends up taking. That said, if religion were to go away, a different thing would fill its gap, be it economic dogma or intersectionality.

not only does you post REEK of degeneracy but also tells everybody you're only a shitty stuck up atheist, hence compyling with marxism on top of it. fucking disgusting.

>religion can be replaced

No, it literally can't be replaced. the functionality of religion is a very distinctive one so stop saying there is replacement for it like it's somehow possible. it's simply wrong and a misinterpretation of its nature. get that through your shithead fedora skull already.
>>
>>27108182
>muh emotions i'm a special snowflake why won't anybody love me

I never said that, you knob.

>obsessing over what is and is not useful is what got us into the whole, "civilization," schtick in the first place, you knob.

>Critical thinking is bad.

>Independently deciding what is best for your own well being is bad.

You silly peasant.
>>
>>27106195
"we" as in the people who are alive right now will be working until death
>>
>>27108072
This 100%.

>>27108207
He made valid points. You are just an imbecile screaming at him with your emotionally detached rhetoric and slave morality.

You need to learn to separate what you think is real and what actually is. You behave like a mentally ill child.
>>
>>27106104
I see revival of mix f racism and comunism (everything for free for anyone) as automatisations appears.
>>
I am what you say, a red-pilled robot. Forecasting about the deep, dark future is pretty much mental masturbation. I venture only to say that I think robots are a dying breed and merely a sign of the times. We often venerate our honorary forbears like Schopenhauer or Diogenes, and it may not amiss to say like they were proto-robots we are proto-something that has yet to come. Also I think meme magick will be ascendant. My $0.02.
>>
>>27106195
You know, almost any other board and this would without a doubt be taken as satirical, but I wouldn't put it past the retardation of this particular board for this to be 100% sincere.
>>
>>27108224
nietzsche was a fag who fabricated the ubermensch in order to spin a fairy tale in order to save his ideology and sanity. there is only a single ultimate solution that fixes all problems. death.

you only value your will. not logic. not critical thinking. your first response is to inject sexuality into the conversation. it's literally a desperate attempt to reaffirm your validity as a human being even though you bring nothing else to the table.

your entire mindset is based on an appeal to emotion.
>>
>>27108323
What about life-after-death anxiety? Can I truly wholeheartedly find solace in there being nothing after death? What if there truly is some metaphysical principle which serves as a continuation of our ego/soul that we simply don't understand at this point in time?
>>
>>27106104
The future won't be a utopia or a dystopia, but it will surely be as shitty as it has always been.
>>
>>27106104
>Firstly i believe we will see a revival of scientific racism and eugenics as we make more discovery into the nature of genetics
You underestimate the power of leftism in academia. You truly do.
>>
>>27108352
i can't answer that question for you.
>>
>>27108323
>you only value your will. not logic. not critical thinking.

I value my ability to think critically very much thank you. You obviously aren't very good at critical thinking yourself if you rush to such judgements with so little information. You know nothing about me.

>your first response is to inject sexuality into the conversation.

Alright, you are a troll. Not a very clever one at that as well.

:)
>>
>>27108294
We're sign of the times. The whole generation entirely living on Internet. Just think how horrifying it sounds.
>>
>>27108419
Then the nothingness after death isn't very reassuring.
>>
>>27108446
An important part of being an autonomous individual is how to deal with unpredictability yourself rather than willing to enslave yourself to something that takes care of the hard decisions for you. I see appeal in both nhilism and religion.
>>
>>27107419
>I think all of us robots are the victims of the success of intelligent nerds, engineers and mathematicians.
>Their minds are like brilliant bright lights that are outshining all of us, and leaving us forgotten. I say we snuff them out.
>>27107906
>Wow, you're a faggot.
>Grow a pair.
>>27108115
>I can't be that obsolete if I still have the will to live.

note the lack of any other qualifying factors. i think we're done here.
>>
>>27108352
there is. other living beings. who knows how far that goes?
>>
>>27108528
I'm making 55k a year as a machinist. I have a house which I own.

I am surviving. But I am not as smart or successful as the smart-ass engineers who are building robots to replace me, all the while making 80-100k a year.

You done yet, bud?

:^)
>>
>>27108525
This is an eternity we're talking about, not a life-time.
>>
It's an insult to philosophy to couple any of those great men along with your shitty /r9k/ herd-pessimism, especially one that specifically hates herd binaries like your "normie/robot" one.

Leave philosophy to /his/ and /lit/.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.