[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw 24 years old and can't drive because i have no one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
>tfw 24 years old and can't drive because i have no one to teach me how

>have no friends
>mother is terrified when i get behind the wheel
>father is an asshole and i cant stand being in a car with him
>when i would ask them to go driving with me they would say they were "too busy"

>had gotten my permit back in spring 2014 when i graduated from college and took a few driving lessons but had no one to practice with so it wasted away

I don't know what to do, guys. Every year, every month, every day that passes it's just more and more fucking humiliating.
>>
>>27075147
>no one to teach me how
why haven't you gone to drivers ed?
>>
>>27075253
well legit driver's ed like in school didnt exist for me

i went to a few driving school classes about a year and a half ago. they are 2 hour sessions where they take you out and drive you around and show you how to do various things

the problem is that it's like an instrument. you can go to your lessons once a week with your music teacher, but if you don't practice the rest of the week, you'll get nowhere.

my problem is that i just have no one to practice the driving with and honestly, im really scared behind the wheel
>>
File: 1443733615815.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1443733615815.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>27075147

Keep posting on 4chan. Self driving cars get closer every time we solve a captcha
>>
>>27075147
No one taught me. I just drove anyway and was lucky enough to only get in a small accident once. After a year or so of this you will no longer be a terrible driver (if you aren't dead).
>>
Driving is super easy, especially with an automatic. If you live in a rural area, then just practice by yourself. Right pedal = go, left = stop. Use one foot for both pedals. Turn the wheel to direct the car.

Drive around for a while at ~2 am if you live in an area where cops don't regularly patrol, then go take the test. The answers to the questions are all obvious and common sense. The practical test is also simple.
>>
There are folks out there who teach how to drive who aren't part of the DMV, they are so much better then your parents. It would take about two weeks or so.
>>
>>27075147
Sign up for driving lessons, just google search places in your area. If you want to spend a little extra money they'll do private lessons so it's just you and the instructor in the car.

My seizures are clearing up so I'm scheduling lessons soon. I'm 22 and I feel like a child when I have to get driven to work, the store, and even college (before I graduated)
>>
>>27075458
are you talking about like professional instructors? or almost like an uber service you can find on craigslist where they will come over and teach you?

>>27075467
yeah those are the few lessons i took. then i had no one to practice with so basically just did nothing with them
>>
>>27075147
Can you even afford a car? Maybe you should focus on that first.
>>
>>27075587
yes i would be able to afford a car
>>
>>27075603
So you have your license and you have a car, why don't you go drive it? Just go when the roads are empty. You are probably NEET so I'm sure you can drive around at 10 am or whatever.
>>
>>27075645
no, i dont have a license nor a car that is what i said in OP

and im not a neet
>>
>>27075147

driving lessons are super helpful

for me it was just sessions of driving and a guy sitting in the passenger seat shooting the shit

can be pretty cheap too if you know where to look

depending on which state you live in, you can also use on of those cars (the driving company's) to take the test
>>
>>27075655
What did you mean by having a permit?
>>
>>27075680
a permit that allows you to just get behind the wheel with qualified people, not a real license
>>
>>27075147
>tfw shit at driving

I panic every time people force me to be behind the wheel because I need to drive more often but I don't want to because I think I'm going to crash, and people in other cars honking and screaming at me doesn't help

I started to drive at the end of last year, but stopped for a long period of time, recently got a license (actually, I didn't got it, my family payed for it and I got it cheating like many others at the place, one of them was a qt girl)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.