[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My fellow NEETs, we need to face a harsh realisation; we're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 1432598751409.png (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1432598751409.png
34 KB, 500x500
My fellow NEETs, we need to face a harsh realisation; we're living on borrowed time. Sooner or later we're going to have to get a job and find a way to support ourselves.

I know there's a few of you out there who get a disability payment, and so you could potentially live off that forever (or at least until a new gov't cuts you off). But for those of us with any dignity and pride, who refuse to be disagnosed for our issues, we get no more than a normie.

So I ask you, what is your plan for when the charitybux stop coming in? How will you make a living? I'm in this situation at the moment. I've been living on almost no money for months now because I absolutely refuse to apply for retail/manual labour jobs.

I've done that in the past, and at this stage in my life I DESERVE something better. Is it my fault I was raised by shitty parents who ingrained a multitude of behavioural and emotional disorders into me? I never asked for this, and I refuse to be a slave for some idiotic normie manager at some store.

I'm teaching myself coding atm so I can start my own web development business and work from home. It's good because I have no capital and I only have to deal with clients, and not normie coworkers. And I can choose my client demographic.

There is literally no suitable jobs out there for a NEET who is unemployed because of his parents mistakes. Those jobs are for kids and stupid people. I already served my time in retail in my teens and early 20s, so don't you dare ask me to do it again.
>>
>'ve done that in the past, and at this stage in my life I DESERVE something better. Is it my fault I was raised by shitty parents who ingrained a multitude of behavioural and emotional disorders into me? I never asked for this, and I refuse to be a slave for some idiotic normie manager at some store.

OP you are a kindred spirit. That is literally my life right there
>>
>>26669530
Sorry to hear you're in the same situation. Do you have any thoughts on how you can get what you deserve in the future, how you can provide for yourself?
>>
This thread. Thanks OP and respondent.

My parents were the worst possible most lazy and useless human beings on the planet and now that they're older they've achieved success and nothing makes me happier than seeing their disappointment in me now. They were the type that used to brag about having an honor student despite being idiots and now they see what happens you fail to teach a kid how to brush his teeth, respect his own health, and work toward a better life. Maybe when they're 80+ they'll get to see my flourish in the same way their own parents had to wait for their children to become functional adults but hopefully they'll realize their own hand in the matter by then.
>>
One day, I will become immortal
>>
>>26669505
If the only job you are eligible for is a retail/manual labor job, then YOU are a stupid person. You can foist blame onto your parents all you want, but you are no better than the other people who work those jobs, and having a superiority complex about it as a fucking NEET is ridiculous. It's good that you are learning coding, but if it's going to be a while before you are ready to put that knowledge into action, then there is nothing wrong with doing menial work to get by.
>>
>>26669587
The thought of being a parents scares me because I know how badly having even moderately dysfunctional parents can screw up your life.

The stuff you mention, parents teaching their kids to respect their own health, and work towards building a good life for themselves, I don't understand how any parent can fail to teach these things to their children.

If they never learnt these things themselves, wouldn't that compel them to learn these skills to they can help their kids avoid the same fate?

I expect a lot of parents are aware of their own shortcomings in this area and they're just too lazy to teach their kids properly.
>>
>>26669505
>The most damaged people are the wisest
Didn't get this one, or the last sentence in combination with it.
>>
>>26669647
I've spent 5 years at university full time, but most semesters towards the end the anxiety builds up so much that I literally just shut myself into my room and don't leave the house for anything except groceries until exams are over, so I fail the unit. In the first half of semesters I actually score about 80% on most assessments, but I have a lot of issues with learning from lectures and tutorials. I need near silence to concentrate.

The majority of the people in retail are young kids, or older people who never bothered to get any qualifications. I actually want to learn but my issues have made that extremely difficult to do well at uni.

I have a crippling fear about people judging me if I was working in retail, having people I know come in and recognise me and lose all respect for me because I'm working retail at my age. They'd think I'm an idiot and a complete failure.
>>
I am 33 years old, live with my mother and have not had a job since 2007

I am also a complete normie by 4chan standards
>>
>>26669708
You need to get over your weird issues. Who gives a shit if someone sees you working there. Be secure in the knowledge that you are pursuing a better career. You can even throw this into conversation if you want - "Hey, how have you been? I'm doing well - just earning a little cash while I study software development." But honestly, the better solution is to just realize that being insecure about this shit is stupid and quietly work towards a better life.
>>
>>26669647
I did manage to get qualified as a fitness trainer years ago before my symptoms got worse, but I'm not suited to work in that industry anymore.

You need to be enthusiastic and happy and upbeat and encouraging. I am extremely poor at feigning enthusiasm when I don't naturally experience the associated emotions.

You need to have an assertive, expressive, energetic personality for people want to pay you to train them. I'm sure I could get a job and be a medicore personal trainer, but it's extremely painful watching myself be bad at something.
>>
>>26669749
Fitness training is a good job and pays well, at least based on how much I shell out to mine. If you just do it then you will get better at projecting the right attitude. You will also feel better about yourself because you are working a legitimate job.
>>
I'm planning to work through the issues preventing me getting a job and then eventually getting one. I've found writing down everything that is hindering me and then having a discussion (on paper) about it makes it feel like I'm progressing. I wish I'd listened to the therapists who asked me to do this shit when I was an angry teenager. If it means learning to deal with people and pursuing retail or upping my abysmal fitness and doing manual labor or even finding a way to learn some kind of skill then I guess I'll try.

I might start with some volunteer work, as it is less pressure.

It's easy to just assume this will fail, but I'd rather invest in the effort and then worry about disappointment if and when it occurs. Honestly, it's either this or going through with that suicide plan I have tucked away.
>>
nice try wagie

now back to work, someone has to pay for my weekly check
>>
>>26669748
Well your suggestion does sound my pragmatic than what I'm doing atm. I just need to work around the little things that make getting back into the workforce more challenging. Spotty work history, no work references, fear that I'll be rejected even for a retail job.

>>26669722
If you are a normie by 4chan standards, what's stopping you from having a job?

>>26669772
Usually the gym takes 50%+ of the personal training fee. Back when I worked as a PT in the mid 2000s we were charging about $50 for a 45 min session. A little better than retail, and certainly more respectable.

>>26669783
>I've found writing down everything that is hindering me and then having a discussion (on paper) about it makes it feel like I'm progressing.
This is great for helping better articulate your thoughts and feelings. It's very easy for emotions to dictate your actions and can take a concerted, consistent effort in order to rationally analyse your thoughts and act on them in a sensible way.

I find that learning to control and modify your emotional response to things/people can be very difficult. I don't even need to achieve much to be happy. I just want a respectable job, my own family, and to do some fun stuff on occasion.

The fear of not knowing if you can succeed can be very disconcerting. It's worth putting time into planning and acting on a solid plan to create the life you want.
>>
>>26669583

None. I am fucked in the head thanks to my upbringing and genetics
>>
One you pass AGE 25, you're done. That's the cold hard truth for 90 - 95% of the planet, there's no career or personality changes or anything, like, if you're still a fucking pathetic NEET you should just ann hiro as soon as possible and be glad you experience consciousness and hopefully had some good times.

This is why your early 20s are so fucking crucial to get right. You need to set the direction now because it takes years to get anywhere.
>>
>>26669973
I find that hard to believe you're quite as fucked as you make it sound.

Have you worked in the past? Are there any jobs you could imagine yourself enjoying?
>>
>>26670038
Now that's just silly. You've got way past hyperbole at that point.
>>
my friend has a well earning gf and he himself plays poker
so hes a neet basicly, without mommy and benefits
you could argue his gf is like mommy but hey nothing is perfect
>>
>>26670038

Its true. If you don't get a solid degree in a good subject, develop a sense of confidence and powerful work ethic, experience relationships and sex at a young age, it is nigh on impossible to turn things around when you hit your late 20s. It is simply too late and you are too set in your ways and a whole generation of younger more capable people are competing with you
>>
>>26669505
>Deserve better

Y tho?
>>
>>26669505
I AM GRAND WIZARD I DO NOT NEED YOUR PETTY HUMAN DESIRES>
>>
>>26669505
You know op, everyone has shitty parents. Most people move on with their lives regardless so if most people with shitty parents are able to live their lives having shitty parents must not be a factor at all
>>
>>26670628
This is a nice way to absolve yourself of the possibility of bettering your life, so you can just wallow in your shit life and feel like nothing can be done, but it has no basis in reality. There is no magic switch that gets flipped when you turn 25. You can always improve yourself and your situation.
>>
>>26670818

Good luck with that. Anyone with half a chance of living a decent life doesn't even discover 4chan in the first place, let alone post on its most pathetic board
>>
Not every NEET here is living with their folks or on the dole. I went NEET through my own devices, so I'm good for a long while.
>>
>>26669604
no, fuck you, i will become immortal.
>>
I got my NEETbux. It's not much but it's something. As long as I can make the three year reviews they won't take it away and i have people to back up claims so my bux won't get taken away. It's not so bad to live off of if I could get over my drug addiction. I was like you once OP working in the service industry until I couldn't take it anymore but now I've sealed my fate as a NEETcuck making me very unattractive to employers.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.