[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they right? Is being attractive not all it's cracked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (63 KB, 832x328) Image search: [Google]
file.png
63 KB, 832x328
Are they right?

Is being attractive not all it's cracked up to be?
>>
I don't enjoy describing myself as attractive, but I recieve a lot of attention focused on my looks, and have been told by many people that I'm very good-looking. The picture you posted is accurate in that no matter where you are, there will always be people staring, glancing and watching you. You feel as if you're under constant surveillance, either from jealous boyfriends or attracted girls. It's very hard to form platonic relationships with girls, as they often fall in love with you. I've had many friendships ruined because girls get too attached to the idea of our friendship becoming "something more".

Of course, if you can handle the pressure that comes with attractiveness then you're golden. For me, it was only towards the end of puberty that my features developed and I realised the potential I had. It was when I was model-scouted twice on the same day whilst I was out in a city that it hit me that maybe I wasn't the ugly little kid that people used to laugh at, but instead I was actually a very lucky human being.

Ultimately, being attractive is a blessing, but it means nothing if you don't have the confidence to support it. On many occasions, worse looking people with more confidence will perform better than those who are attractive.
>>
>>26658711
>worse looking people with more confidence will perform better than those who are attractive
Only exceptions but overwhelming majority dont perform better. Worst looking people can have confidence if they have rich parents or have some sort of status thing but these are only exceptions to the rule.
>>
>>26658204
>Jaja

I stopped reading right there.
>>
>>26658711
>It's very hard to form platonic relationships with girls
I can't form platonic friendships with girls because I can't see them as anything other than sexual objects.
I realize the way to beat this is to learn that girls are people too, but since I can't interact them anymore because of my creepiness, I'm stuck in my mindset.
>>
>>26658204

That post is shit but attractivity isn't the end to all of it.

I'm not a dressman or anything but apparently I'm attractive enough to make decent looking women make passes at me, but the only thing I want to do is to kill myself every day while lacking the energy to do it

fuck my brain
>>
>>26658204
It depends, being average looking doesn't give you too many advantages over being ugly. But being a 10/10 aesthetic god is life on easy mode.
>>
>>26658785
Well of course anon, but that's why I said "On many occasions". I don't doubt that attractive people have it better off in the long run. I'm just saying that being unattractive isn't the be all and end all; there's still hope for many of you.
>>
>>26658204
>it's so hard being at the top!
Considering most of the people on this board, myself included, are both ugly and socially inept, it's hard to sympathize with these poor chads
>>
>>26658846
Stop browsing this board. It will honestly help you.
>>
I really try to not be a bitter and jealous person, but it's very frustrating to read stuff like this.

Like, there's objectively no scenario where being handsome is worse than being ugly.
>>
It is. Even if you don't have the social skills to land women, being good-looking gives you many subtle advantages. People think you're smarter, trust you more and you are automatically treated with more respect than somebody who is unattractive. It's real subtle but if you are good looking, people (men and women) tend to think the best of you.
>>
>>26658204
It is, but attractive people have for the most part become spoiled. You can't realize how much of advantage you have if you've never been deprived of it.

Ask a fat person turned chad about the difference in how people treated them, they'll tell you the true answer, because they've experienced both sides of the spectrum.

Being attractive absolutely bleeds into every aspect of your life that involves other people. Being attractive means people will like you more, will want to be around you, will enjoy looking at you, will think you're a genuinely better person. An attractive person will get jobs easier, will make friends easier, will find a loyal partner easier, will be able to find love easier, the list goes on
>>
>>26658933
People care less about attractive people because they assume that life is handed to them on a silver platter. Truth is, us 10/10s aren't too different from the rest of you guys. Put it there, champ... now let's get some ice cream, how about it?
>>
File: stocking.jpg (87 KB, 700x468) Image search: [Google]
stocking.jpg
87 KB, 700x468
>>26659065
>People care less about attractive people
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
If you are attractive and failed at life I have no symphaties for you. You don't belong here, you belong on a different board. You were given the tools you needed to make it and failed.
>>
>>26658711
>if you don't have the confidence to support
Yeah, but it's not so hard to develop confidence when you're constantly being worshiped and admired. Also, attractive people will receive way more grace when socializing. Your flaws will largely be overlooked or forgiven. You're allowed to be a bit awkward or whatever. An unattractive person will need confidence and to be basically without flaw to even stand a chance, and even then they'll remain valued less.
>>
>>26658933

You know how your parents used to tell you that the good-looking guys in class who get all the girls will grow up to be failures because they don't spend all their time studying? You know how they tell you the pretty girls are stupid? It's all a lie. If somebody is more attractive than you, chances are they're smarter than you too.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201012/beautiful-people-really-are-more-intelligent
>>
>>26659095
People assume that your life is perfect, so you're given less chance to grieve when it isn't.
>>
>>26659123
>tfw I'm a 9/10 swimmer with perfect Chad physique and studying at Oxford, as well as being upper middle class

Life doesn't get better than this boyos
>>
>>26659208
That sounds awful. Why not just make yourself ugly then, if being attractive is so hard? Why not just cut up your face since being ugly is easier?
Stupid normies.
>>
>>26659208
is this somehow different for ugly people?

ugly people don't get a chance to grieve because they're ugly and no one cares about them

people subconsciously care more about you and think you're a better person than others solely because of your face

your life is easier in every way
>>
>>26659254
I've tried. My chiseled jawline shatters any sharp objects, whilst my defined cheekbones deflect any blunt attacks. End my suffering.
>>
>>26659272
It's like when celebrities claim they're depressed. Nobody listens, because how could someone rich and famous ever be depressed?

If you're an average Joe, chances are people will respect and believe you more than if you're a Hollywood A-lister.
>>
>>26659306
>chances are people will respect and believe you more than if you're a Hollywood A-lister
WE HAVE TELEVISION CHANNELS AND WEBSITES DEDICATED TO WHAT CELEBRITIES ATE FOR BREAKFAST AND WHAT COLOR THEIR SOCKS ARE
>>
>>26659321
Yet there is no celebrity suicide hotline?

Point proven ay-non.
>>
>>26659249

>British
>9/10

Pick one, boyo
Seriously though, stoked for you. Don't do anything stupid and your life will be awesome.
>>
>>26659408
>stoked for you
yeah he really earned that nice face and rich family
>>
>>26659428

and intelligence. Don't forget intelligence.
>>
>>26658910
I can't, I'm honestly addicted.

I don't go to school at this because I've been suspended due to alcohol and drug use. I don't have any other forms of social interaction outside of the people I nod to at the gym (it's also the only time I leave the house)
>>
File: chad9k.png (2 MB, 1312x3432) Image search: [Google]
chad9k.png
2 MB, 1312x3432
>>26659249
>the superior visitor meme
kys fucking normo
>>
>>26658204
>"no conversational skills "

So fucking what, it doesn't matter when you're Chad. The halo effect negates any necessity for it.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.