[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /WAREHOUSEWORKER/ here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: matsumoto.jpg (9 KB, 191x214) Image search: [Google]
matsumoto.jpg
9 KB, 191x214
>easy as shit job
>pay comes in 5 digits
>no women bullshit at all
>learning to take and dish out some banter

The hours are long, but who the fuck cares when the place is fucking awesome?
>>
File: 1407037665376.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1407037665376.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>work at a package shipping center
>bust my ass and bleed for $12/h
>have to do all the worst shit because everyone is old, the women are too weak, and nobody can speak english
>only get like $200 after a 25 hour work week
>going to get fired because I have weird stomach bacteria that make me use the bathroom every 2 hours, which is too often for my kike bosses
>back is getting bad, already have scoliosis
>too poor to afford a mattress, have been sleeping on the floor for the past year

kill me now please
>>
>>26654884
>pay comes in 5 digits
You're talking annual, I assume? Are you a union worker or non-union?

I used to work recieving side, which I guess is generally the shit-test for people before sending them to the actual warehouse/distribution center. We had a fair amount of women and retards, the truly horrible ones tended to quit or get fired within a month but we had a few that made me want to bash my head against a wall.

Very unsatisfying work, I'd only do it again as a last resort.
>>
>>26654884

>Work in warehouse for 5 years.
>Good at first.
>Lately been right dodgy shit desu.
>Literally telling everyone the company is cutting costs and tryin' to save.
>So we're all expected to work harder.
>They literally then waste money on a bunch of machines that don't even work. I'm talking millions of pounds.
>Then, they have to pay this guy that they fired for theft no less, 60 grand comp and backpayments because they couldn't even bother to turn up at a tribunal.
>All of this kinda shit happening all the time, but we get called in the office for a 40 minute conversation to discuss why we had a 2 minute gap in our work.
>We also use voice recognition equipment... which logically would be noise sensative. SO what does management do? LITERALLY EVER 5 MINUTES THEY SCREAM DOWN THE TANNOY SYSTEM. This creates those little 2 minute gaps that they complain about.

I want to see my company go under, I don't give a fuck if I lose my job, so long as management loses theirs too.

Considered taking a list of complaints to corporate. Looked online about law firms too.
They've ignored complaints about the tannoy system and how it affects our performance, as well as still have a go at us for our performance - technically this means it's a hostile work environment. We could all sue... but I think no one wants to trouble but each day there and I'm starting to want that fight more and more.

Warehouse work sucks balls. I literally just wanna do my job, and these assholes make up tonnes of bullshit to drag us in the offices and complain. Bitch, this is why we're losing money, how'd you get this fuckin' job?
>>
>>26655233
>management understaffs us because they're too damn lazy/don't want to give the part-timers full-time benefits
>heavy work day, work runs late
>get called into the office to get bitched at for a pretty damn long time
>manager on duty tells us that he could do all our work (we were a 5-man crew that night, I think) by himself in less time
>we're expected to believe that
>we're expected to believe that being a few hours behind on freight means the company lost all that revenue, which is totally how economics work, and also that it's our fault and not staffing's fault
Warehouse brings out the worst in people. There are some great guys, most based guy I ever worked with was an ESL guy named Jesus who used to work in construction before getting laid off, and decided working here was more secure and /comfy/ even though it paid less.
>>
>>26655019
You should get a lawyer who gives free advices, lawyers who work with lanour law usually charge free.
>>
>>26655019
are you american? can't you get early retirement for medical reasons?
>>
I'm about to work for *m*zon

They said in the little new hire powerpoint that they'll pay tuition for college, so I'll definitely see if it's anything substantial, and even if it's not I'll just do some payment plan and go back to school.
>>
>>26656730
You gonna get raped son, they will squeeze your soul out of ass in the most gruelsome manner you can imagine.
>>
>>26656782
How do you figure? It's a fulfillment center in the Midwest. No appliances or anything like that. People say it's supposed to be very easy work. $13.00/hr with a 50 cent raise I believe every 6 months up to $14.50
>>
>live in my own 90m^2 appartement
>Work at a small electrician company.
>Small like 4 workers and the chef.
>Only work on tuesday, wednesdays and thursday.
>Able to buy many things I want
>Go to school on monday and friday.
>Pretty easy job and have a fun time with the coworkers.
>Sometimes it's a bit stressful.
>I just now realize how grateful I need to be for not living in that anti-social shithole of the United states.
>>
>>26654884
Dude, my work with a construction company just ran dry. I've been applying to warehouse jobs all day. It looked shitty, but not as shitty as working retail or in a low-end office, like the bank or apartment industry.
>>
>>26657327
>apartment
>3 days a week of work
>school

Norway or Switzerland? Worked for an electrician before. The jobs are usually piss easy but the guy lost his shit over every little thing, like if other people were happy he couldn't be happy.
>>
>>26657450
Switzerland
Are you from the us?
Did you even need an apprenticeship for working as an electrician?
>>
>>26657552
Yes, I'm an American. No, I just assisted with his jobs. Again, most of it is little things that you can learn to do yourself within a month, because who's going to poke around a breaker box or live wires if they don't know what they need to do? If I were to be an electrician myself, independently or for a company, then I'd need to be a certified electrician. The business owner was the electrician, I just assisted him and did jobs he was too busy to do, under his name.
>>
>>26656730

RIP anon. They're known to be brutal af to all their workers
>>
>>26657552
>>26657327
>tfw

In the USA you have to have a trade school/2-year diploma just to get an apprenticeship unless you know somebody.
>>
>>26657677
the description I'm reading on gawker is the warehosue I'll work at, but this guy is talking about the temp agency they contract

I was hired directly
>>
>>26657647
Are there more self employed ones or workera for big companies. I find it strange that I've never heard about the life of a construction site worker in the US. Always see those common office jobs, factory workers or overall customer service jobs on tv. How are the security-standards, payment, working hours, overall satisfaction? Can you enlighten me a bit?
>>
>>26657647
>tfw worked electrical for about a year
>tfw would love to get into bare-earth construction (as an electrical worker) again
Residential service calls, and even some of the commercial service calls, absolutely sucked if you ask me. Residential was the worst, you'd have small jobs with long commutes between, and I pride myself on attention to detail in my own shop but doing finish work in someone else's home (which they're currently living in) is kind of stressful sometimes. Don't know if I could ever do any service calls again.
>>
>>26655233
>All of this kinda shit happening all the time, but we get called in the office for a 40 minute conversation to discuss why we had a 2 minute gap in our work.
I hate this shit more than anything, happens everywhere in normie world. Like just SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP WASTING TIME WITH MEETINGS ABOUT WASTED TIME ARE YOU RETARDED?
>>
>>26657805
Probably more electricians working for companies overall, but the real money is in opening your own business, if you're certified This goes for pretty much anything trade-wise. For construction, the pay is generally shitty but you'll probably get at least 40 hrs a week, with overtime if you want it. If you've been doing one thing for a long time, you can be a master of that thing and mostly just tell the other guys what to do with it, like concrete or something. It's better to just learn a proper trade than go into general construction with the goal of anything more than an "until something better" job.

That being said, it beats the fuck out of working retail or in a bank or apartment office, or sales. You just get to wallow in negativity, not smile or say "How can I help you?", and you mostly get a regular 9-5, M-F, with an hour lunch. You also get paid to get fit, assuming you don't go for beer and burgers everyday.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.