[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Work Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: 1454976641198.png (95 KB, 209x321) Image search: [Google]
1454976641198.png
95 KB, 209x321
I applied for a job at KFC and scored a same-day interview because the regional manager was in town. I was nervous as fuck. I got to the interview a few minutes early and was forced to wait for the interviewer in the room by myself. I adopted CIA's cowboy stance to help calm my nerves. The interviewer showed up and I handed him my interview folder. I greeted him with "Mr. Interviewer, I'm Anon." He responded "Hi Anon, nice to meet you." We sat down and he opened my folder. He started with the typical interview questions and I felt insecure. He got to my references and asked "If I were to call every one of your references, what would they tell me?" I said "They would be extremely longwinded," to which he laughed and said "You're a confident guy." I added "For you." and he gave me an odd look like he wasn't sure what I meant, but he brushed it off and continued. After more questions, he eventually asked me where I saw myself in 5 years." I replied "Managing this restaurant... with no dissatisfied customers." and he told me "Good to see someone with some backbone applying for our company. Most of the people who I've shaken hands with today had sweaty palms and cracking voices. When can you start?"

Baneposting gave me the courage to ace my job interview and I am now gainfully employed. This picture sums up my feelings on the matter.
>>
File: 1410653994813.png (407 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1410653994813.png
407 KB, 4500x4334
>>26642814

Are you a robot? If so, how do you personally handle working fast food?

I've had 2 jobs in fast food, and both times I just couldn't keep up. One was at Sonic, the other at Pizza Hut.

It was legitimately impossible for me to work fast enough whenever the restaurant was PACKED on Fridays (pizza hut). No amount of experience could have gotten me trained enough to be able to handle that shit. Every Friday/Saturday my co-workers would just get frustrated at me for being too slow, and they'd essentially tell me to fuck off to the back and wash the dishes so I'd be out of their way.

How do you handle a fast paced environment like that?
>>
I used to work at KFC as a cook in my teens, it was ok and I got free food and the manager used to smoke weed with us. Thinking of trying to get my job back, I would get double what I'm getting on welfare but I just don't know how I'll deal with being too tired to do anything. I already sleep a lot.
>>
Was getting hired part of your plan?
>>
Tell me, why you start wearing that nametag?
>>
AT LEAST YOU CAN COOK
>>
This is what neets dream about when they are lying on their bed at 4am deciding whether they should commit suicide or get a job because they are no longer receiving memebucks
>>
>>26644818
What the hell are memebucks?
>>
File: 1432227495110.jpg (72 KB, 480x615) Image search: [Google]
1432227495110.jpg
72 KB, 480x615
>>26642814
>"For you."

Top autism
>>
Very nice copypasta
>>
>>26645706
Bet you can't find it anywhere.
>>
File: image0.jpg (96 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
image0.jpg
96 KB, 596x628
>>26642814
> being proud of getting a job at fast food
> literally the lowest tier of all wagecucks
> mfw anyone could easily get the job is they weren't a massive closeted faggot
>>
Good work, you spent your life looking at memes and got a job a KFC. Proving the American dream is not dead.
>>
File: C O M I N G.gif (601 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
C O M I N G.gif
601 KB, 256x256
>>26642814
>baneposting irl gets anon a job
>>
How come nobody is posting work stories?
>>
File: 2fc.gif (128 KB, 344x472) Image search: [Google]
2fc.gif
128 KB, 344x472
>>26642814
>For you

WAHAHAHAHA ~
Comedy gold anon
>>
>>26642814
>where I saw myself in 5 years.
Should've answered with the classic "In a mirror"
>>
>>26642814
Good for you. GL on your new job.
Its nice to hear some positiv talk on this mongolian videoboard, everything seems to be depressed shit these days.
>>
> all these people not knowing it's a copypasta

Fucking wagecucks
>>
>>26642814
no one really recognised this pasta?
i'm sure i've read it already
>>
>>26646156
>implying anything thinks its real
Just glad baneposting isn't dead.
>>
>>26646156
>>26646185
Just because it's a long post doesn't mean it's a copypasta. I seriously doubt you can find this post anywhere else.
>>
>>26646127
That would have missed a perfect opportunity for a "crashing this plane" reference.
>>
File: cia analysis.png (277 KB, 362x622) Image search: [Google]
cia analysis.png
277 KB, 362x622
>I adopted CIA's cowboy stance to help calm my nerves
I often do the CIA stance too. Having your arms akimbo establishes dominance
>>
>>26647455
What the hell kind of name is Arms Akimbo? I mean yeah, he looks African, sure.
>>
File: 4d9.png (136 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
4d9.png
136 KB, 500x281
>>26642814
>be at register
>go to pick up ice Cream to scan it
>ice cream lid comes off and the ice cream falls onto the moving belt top down
>panicmode engaged
>quickly grab ice cream and put lid back on
>hope customers don't notice that the too layer just got defiled by a belt that meat passes on
>sweatingman.png
>the two young normies didn't notice
>sell everything
>phew
>>
>>26647838
Oh man, if I were there, you would have been so fucked. I pay very close attention when it's my turn. You were so damn lucky.
>>
>>26643643
Getting a job will make you more active.
(read: being lazy makes you lazy, tired, drained)

Stop being a fucking pussy and get out there, you're gonna make it, dude. You got this.
>>
>>26642920
You git gud, basically. You need to be scheduled for slower days but stay on top of your post no matter what.

I work at little caesars, easily the fastest mass produced pizza place (5 dollars for a large), and we do all dough prep in house. I actually learned how to roll two dough balls at once, one per hand, using the table.

This is not my 'day job' but an extra 20 hours of evening wagecucking per week. And honestly, it's far more mentally and physically taxing. My coworkers are sharp and efficient, and I hate to see them stuck in fast food.

Min wage should be higher.
>>
>>26642814
copy pasta what has r9k come 2
>>
>>26648527
*drop kicks u in the fase* IT'S NOT COPYPASTA!
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.