[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your excuse for not hitting the gym /r9k?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 640x960
What's your excuse for not hitting the gym /r9k?
>>
>>26577918
I don't have one. I'm just lazy and self conscious.
>>
The likelihood of being robbed by gypsies increases exponentially by going outside.
>>
>changed my diet last august
>lost weight over the holidays
>noice
>start lifting in the new year
>making gains
>feeling good, healthy, less feelings of depression

I don't know what I was doing with my life before. My sperg power even makes it really easy for me to count calories, macros, etc.
I'm down from 195lb in August to 163lb.
Probably going to have to do a real bulk over the summer to make some more progress, but it should be fun.
>>
I'm way too skinny and I use drugs and smoke. I can't lift stuff, my arms would snap.
>>
I train at home, much cheaper.
>>
I have no friends to lift with and can only bench 90lbs. Using the free weights would be embarassing. What if someone tried to talk to me?
>>
>>26578075
Why do you want to lift with friends?
>>
Multiple herniated discs
>>
>>26577918
I'm uglier than him.
>>
File: muhgenetics.png (677 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
muhgenetics.png
677 KB, 800x450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iItgeWUeQ_4

tell me more about genetics, pathetic fags
>>
I'd rather just skate and stay slender than pack on muscle. Besides lifting is boring as fuck. Use to do it, and unless your doing it for some sort of sport your a try hard faggot. Might as well get a tat on your forehead that says "I'm insecure"
>>
>>26578075
something tells me that people talking you is a pretty unlikely outcome
>>
>>26578032
Pretty similar to me. Dropped the fatceps from 190 to 150. I'm blind bulking right now just eating when hungry. Hate counting every calorie when I had cut
>>
I don't want muscle heads judging me. I'd also feel pathetic working out next to some 6'8 buff guy. Sure he might be a nice guy, but it'd make me feel like shit.

I'd rather work out at home, where none can see or judge me.
>>
>>26578189
This. It's cheaper and it's beneficial if you're a robot
>>
>>26577918
No money, no gyms around here are in my price range. All i do is lift dumbbells at home and shit.
>>
>>26577918
I have a home gym. Jelly?
>>
>>26578189
>>26578211
you will not be able to make significant progress at home unless you spend multiple thousand dollars on equipment. maybe hundreds if you go used on craigslist.
>>
I built a home gym. It cost about what a year at a quality gym does and I don't have to waste 60-90 minutes on a commute to the nearest non-Planet Fitness type gym.
>>
>workout at the YMCA
>Always the biggest/strongest/youngest guy there

Feels good

>walk into lockers always encountering a naked old guy walking around

Feels bad
>>
>>26578253
Not necessarily true. A lot of people make a lot of progress at low costs.
>>
>>26578278
>Always the biggest/strongest/youngest guy there

see this is what im talking about. some guy is going to see me and start thinking he's such hot shit.

who the hell wants to feed someone's ego like that? fuck the gym
>>
No money, but I'll be working soon.
Also I'm saving up all my earnings towards a PC and other necessary shit.
>>
>>26578336
Lol kid we don't judge you if you're weak or fat. Everyone starts somewhere. We only judge people who do an exercise completely wrong or some bizarre shit they thought/heard of.
>>
being able to workout at home
>>
I don't really know where to start. I know a routine and diet, but I am a spooky skeleton so I would have to start out at the lowest possible weight or something. I don't know really
>>
At the gym right now and this robot skeleton is man enough to be here.
>>
I'm ashamed of my body. I know that going to the gym is what fixes that feel. But I don't want to be seen looking like a little punk weight. Usually whenever I'm out I wear a big coat
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
At the gym right now and this robot skeleton is man enough to be here. Repost
>>
>>26578636
>taking pictures of people at the gym
fuck yourself dude
>>
pointless normie bullshit
i won't use those muscles for anything in real life and working out won't suddenly make my face handsome
>>
>wasting money to go to a room full of normies
I can exercise at home, just like how I don't have to go to a club to get drunk.
>>
>>26578662
u seem mad bro
>>
just finished training, weightlifting is a meme. Bodyweight exercises and sparring is the way to go, mix in light weight sessions now and then
>>
File: me training.jpg (97 KB, 564x1002) Image search: [Google]
me training.jpg
97 KB, 564x1002
>>26578724
fuck im such a typical autist robot, forgot pic
<<<
>>
>>26578075
unless you're lifting a lot, no one gives a fuck how much you're capable of lifting.
>>
>>26578689
it's extremely rude

you seem like a normie
>>
>>26577918
i'm lazy and i wanna be a feminine boy someday
>>
Lost about 160lbs the last 2 years through mostly diet change. Stop eating piles of junk, drink water, and take a multivitamin
>>
>>26578253
like what? you need a barbell, a rack, a bench and some weights -- shit that's constantly available second-hand.
>>
>>26578835
i really hope you didnt fall for the 5x5 fullbody workout meme...

that's not for people who want aesthetics. you need isolation exercised to achieve aesthetics.

if you want to be a powerlifter and only do deadlift, flat bench, squat, and row that's fine by me but that seems boring as fuck
>>
>>26577918
I'm too embarrassed by myself
I don't want gym normies looking at me
>>
>>26577918
i'm squatting 2x a week and my thighs are already big as fuck,ripped some jeans beacuse of this

i want off the ss trex meme
>>
>>26578945

>you need isolation exercised to achieve aesthetics

no, you don't. this is a meme in of itself.

>only do deadlift, flat bench, squat

you can do a fuck load more than just that with a barbell, but whatever.
>>
>>26578988
i'm doing compounds only on wed and fri
on mon i do isolation only
that good?
>>
>>26579028
just find a program and stick to it.
>>
>>26579048
doing SL so ye
>>
File: 1454109806024.jpg (97 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
1454109806024.jpg
97 KB, 433x419
>>26578988
>nah, dont need no curls to build biceps, just do some chinups
>>
>>26577918
It snowed on my squat rack last night.
>>
>>26578636

Wow

Never skip leg day.
>>
File: bull-chan.jpg (166 KB, 800x1202) Image search: [Google]
bull-chan.jpg
166 KB, 800x1202
The closest gym is 60km away. Why should I pay for lifting things when I can do that in my garage and for staying skinny there's always meth.
>>
>>26579087

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7dDYGMjfAM

This is you
>>
>>26579075
you're right -- aesthetics through anything other than 4x12 is impossible.
>>
red pill me on compound lifts

is it ENOUGH to do solely compounds to get stronger and somewhat look good?
>>
File: laughing bitch.gif (249 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
laughing bitch.gif
249 KB, 500x600
>not homegym masterrace
>>
>>26579188
compound lifts are essential to developing in the greatest way possible. but it's also worth doing single joint work to complement your routine.
>>
>>26579188
some muscles may suffer if you ignore isolation exercises in the extreme long-term, but yeah, it's perfectly possible.
>>
>>26579321
>>26579296
but as a beginner i don't HAVE to do isolations, right?

would it be perfectly fine to do isolations on one day, and the other 2 days compounds?
>>
>>26577918
There's no hentai at the gym.
>>
>bmr is 1600kcal
>i eat 2300kcal for a bulk
>got fat
>go to the gym 3x a week
the fuck
>>
>>26579360
no, you don't have to; you'll be fine.
>>
File: 1455650557513.jpg (248 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1455650557513.jpg
248 KB, 560x560
>>26579418
>2300 for a bulk

holy fuck, are you like 30 years old and 5'2"?

when i was 17 bulking up and like 5'8 tall ineeded to get 3200 to even gain
>>
>>26579504
i am 5"8 and 3200kcal would give me a huge amount of fat
>>
File: 1402356520572.png (16 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1402356520572.png
16 KB, 500x450
>tfw struggling to make gains due to shit form and alcoholism
>>
skinnyfat here, my social anxiety is too severe and my body is a weird shape. My torso is fairly large with a huge belly but arms and legs literally have no muscle. apparently I resemble a chicken
>>
>>26580143
i know these feels.
fucking embarrassing to barely be able to bench the bar at the gym while you're 200 lbs and have people assume you work out based on how you look in clothes
>>
>>26579671
>tfw not eating well enough

What do I need to be eating every day to gain mass and make progress? Do you guys use creatine?
>>
Hate everyone I know at the local gym, few alternatives.
>>
File: w a t.jpg (56 KB, 265x482) Image search: [Google]
w a t.jpg
56 KB, 265x482
What's even the point at that age? You could be shredded as fuck, 6'5", have a square jaw and diamond blue eyes - if you're 70, people will just see you as another gross wrinkly old man. Just enjoy your old age, you've worked your whole life, give it a fucking break.
>>
My knees are fucked up ;/
>>
>>26580985
Just be a curlbro
>>
>>26577918
I'm incredibly lazy and have no self control.
>>
I need to spend all my energy to solve the Barnett Triple Integral conjecture, no time for such petty activities
>>
>>26579393
There is if you bring it with you.
>>
>>26579188
It's by far the best way.
>>
why do people keep talking like weightlifting changed their life and they're all happy now.
I've been lifting for a year now and I'm still depressive and unmotivated as fuck. But at least I keep going to the gym regularly huh
>>
If any robots in Stockholm are interested in getting into lifting, let me know.
>>
>>26580588
Because there's a massive difference between 70 and healthy, and 70 and out of shape. My grandpa died a centenarian, he only stopped working and keeping up with his house work and lawn when he was 98, and I tell ya, there was a huge drop in vitality those last two years, when he finally said "fuck it" and just sat around all day. When he was 91, and I was 15, he and my dad, who was 42 then and has always been a fat drunk, got into a fight and gramps beat the everloving piss out of my dad.
Everyone's got this idea, that your body just goes to shit after you turn 30, that you've got another 30-60 years of agonizing pain and you fall apart, but the truth is, if you take care of yourself, you'll thank yourself when you're 70 and can still walk and jog just fine, while your peers are crying about their hips and arthritis and riding in hover rounds.
>>
>>26581509
Try running instead. If that doesn't do it, just keep exercising like you've been doing or keep trying different exercises until you find an exercise you like. Despite what lifters and runners say, it doesn't cure everything. I like running and it's helped me a lot mentally as well as physically, but I know a lot of people who got nothing from it except feeling better physically but were still miserable mentally.
>>
>>26581509
That's because you still haven't left humanity behind.
When we say "we're all gonna make it", we mean transcend to the realm of godhood, to have the dedication to sculpt yourself into a man who is stronger than all the peons who surround him, who don't have the dedication.
A year is impressive in that you actually stuck with it for a year, but is nowhere close to the time needed to be better than everyone else. The ecstasy in being the strongest man in the room will cure your depression, but it takes a long time and a lot of work to get there.
>>
>>26581979
>The ecstasy in being the strongest man in the room will cure your depression, but it takes a long time and a lot of work to get there.
Pretty true. I walk around the club feeling like a god among plebeians. Everyone is below me.
>>
>>26577918

because I HAVE FUCKING TUBES COMING OUT OF MY NOSE AND GOING INTO MY ASS AND GOING INTO MY BACKPACK, LIKE THE PIC RELATED

also,
>white socks with autism shoes
>>
I ordered supplements for about 60 Euros.

I am gonna just do it.

But I don't need to go to the gym to get fit.
>>
>>26577918
gym culture
>>
>>26577918
Too scared. Too many people, even at night time. People will judge me.
>>
I'm disabled and can't do most of the stuff where you need to use your arms

Shit sucks man
>>
>>26582531
What if you had a buddy to go with?
>>
>>26582587
If I had a buddy to go with then there wouldn't be a problem at all, but I don't, so yeah.
>>
>>26577918
I don't want to waste the time going to a gym, so I work out at home.
>>
>>26582615
Well, where do you live?
>>
>>26582721
scandinavia

segjiosdg
>>
>>26582770
I posted just earlier: >>26581671
>>
>>26577918
I'm broke
I don't have a car
I feel awkward doing anything in front of strangers
And ultimately I truly despite meatheads.
>>
>>26582834
I saw that post but I live on the west coast, men tack iallafall.
>>
>>26577918
I've been going to the gym for a while but it sucks because I started out so low that I'm still really not all that great.
>>
>>26577918
hitting the gym in boat shoes? lol what a tool. stupid old man. he needs to get himself over to /fa/ before going out in public like that.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.