[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normies and Bars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: bar-01.jpg (348 KB, 940x510) Image search: [Google]
bar-01.jpg
348 KB, 940x510
Why do normies love bars so much? Literally all they ever want to do is go to a bar. They just talk about "this great bar with great atmosphere". It's just so fucking inane. I don't care if it's the coolest bar in the world, it's still just a room that you're going to sit in and drink. It's boring as shit, and I think normies are retards.

And they all like the same shit. Old wood tables and fake rustic bullshit. They pretend their tastes are so unique, but they all like exactly the same damn thing. It's sort of the same with clubs, but at least there's something happening in a club. "Atmosphere" matters a lot more. But bars are just restaurants with no food. Seriously, shut the fuck up normies.
>>
File: 2016-01-04 14.36.45.png (271 KB, 634x704) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04 14.36.45.png
271 KB, 634x704
>>26566014
My biggest gripe is that bars are expensive and I'm poor.

They're great places to hang out and talk, without seeming too "intimate" (it can be kind of weird to invite multiple men you've never met to spend an evening at your house.) They're also one of the last bastions of bro culture, and there's no skill or knowledge required -- you don't need to know about muhgunz, or sports trivia, or whatever. Just drink a beer and talk with whoever's there.

Going to a bar doesn't necessarily make you much of a normie, although they are normie-infested shitholes most of the time. Hipster bars, easy to spot because they always have a local artist playing songs nobody actually likes but everyone pretends to, are absolute trash. Sports bars are fun if you like sports or just like pretending to like sports (like being "one of the bros" and the general excitement culture.) I like going to bars because it's one of the few places where I can both be sufficiently inebriated to overcome my social anxities, and it isn't weird for me to try to talk to strangers or people I barely know while so inebriated.
>>
>>26566014
Its also a good place pick up chicks as long as you dont look like an autist
>>
>>26566014
They like bars because thats the environment they thrive in. Much like the average NEET and his room with his computer. Just a difference in preference you autistic cuck
>>
>>26566014
I go to bars to zone out and be alone yet get out.
>>
>>26566196

Well put. I often have close-friends I'll drink with in my home, but the bar is good for acquaintances.
>>
I agree that it is stupid OP
Drinking in the woods is better
>>
>>26566014

>alcohol
>socializing
>chance to smash drunken pussy
>chance to smash drunken pussy increases when robot faggots with 0 social skills are there and are easy targets to verbally dominate, which inherently makes women wet

pick all 4
>>
>Aspie who doesn't care about fitting in with social elite

Put on a fake face and play those people like I do.
>>
Picking up random chicks in a bar scares me
What about STDs? I'm very afraid of them...

I think I can have sex if I try, but I don't want some incurable disease that will destroy any possible reproductive chance I have
>>
>>26566980
>std
>incurable
Most of them are harmless and if you wrap it up you're fine.
>>
>>26566980

there's nothing scary about it

i've been hit on twice, first time was a bimbo who was obviously a hoe, the second time it was a 5/10 that was rejected by most every one of the guys she's hit on. she was a chick from uni.

one time i was drinking alone at the bar and she sat next to me and asked why i was so sad. i realized i'd been looking at my empty beer bottle for a good 2-3 minutes thinking about selling my car, said "thanks for reminding me" and ordered a new beer

she asked if i needed company and i said "nah i'm fine"

she tried to hug me as i was leaving. poor girl. she was hella pissed off when some ugly guy tried groping her once lol.
>>
>>26566878
it doesn't work for robots or otherwise.
>buy girl a drink
>"what do you do" small talk bullshit
>"I'll be right back" they say
>walks over to chad, doesn't talk to you for the rest of the night. she leaves with chad
gave up on trying at bars, only works if you're the most alpha guy in there. and bonus points for a flat billed monster hat
>>
>>26567110
m8 sounds like you go to the worst fucking bars
>>
>>26567129
there's only a few in town with people my age group. all the others are just old people, dive bars. and yes they are horrible.
>>
>>26567110
>>26567129

i have to agree. you probably go to those shitty "frequenter" bars where couples or groups of people who've known themselves for years (uni students, married people) go

it's a losing battle. if you wanna fuck just go to clubs. but you can't go there with your "meh" face. you have to be as excited being there as the sluts bouncing their tits and marking territory with their squirt out of excitement. you can't expect to go up to a girl who's drunk and on who knows what kind of drugs, and just try to be a regular street conversationalist.
>>
Alcoholic here. I'm managing to stay sober tonight, but it fucking sucks. I have a perpetual hangover my first day of not drinking.

Anyways, bars are expensive as fuck, but *seem* like a good place to meet people.

In reality, they're loud as fuck and make conversation hard, any conversation with strangers lasts for a few minutes at most, and any conversation with girls is them bumming cigarettes if they see you smoking and fucking off. I used to go to the bar myself a couple times a week, and go with friends once a month or so.

We still go sometimes, but I don't know, all the ones I've been to have been disappointing. Additionally, people are either glued to their phones or in conversation they don't want you intruding on.
>>
>>26567201
clubs don't seem to get the job done either. closest i ever got (and i only heard about it because my friend told me because i was blackout drunk) was a girl was into me. guess we sort of hit it off. However i guess i tried to kiss her and she did not like it. she was repulsed and left me after that. last time i tried i got into a fight and got arrested. so have since given up on the scene all together. been about 2 years since I've been to one.
>>
>>26567110
I've never bought anyone other than a female friend a drink. Girls instantly lose respect for you if you do that.

The only way that might work is if you're closed to sealing the deal and about 10 mins away from taking her home.
>>
>>26567254
stay strong man, i hot the bottle hard for 9 years, every fucking day. I'm 3 months sober now, and though i do miss it now and again. I feel worlds better. The first couple weeks are the worst. After a month or so the craving does pass.
>>
>>26567273

To be honest clubs and bars aren't for "conversation". Just like this Anon said >>26567254 these places are loud as fuck. People go there to get a chick's number and quickly gauge how attracted she is.

Then they call her a few days later to set up a date in the future in a quiet place where they can get to know each other.
>>
liking clubs more than a chill bar maybe bar/restaurant, this is why you have shit taste robots
>>
going to a clum in a few minutes, what should i expect
>>
>>26567344
but would you really want to "date" a club girl though? seems a girl like that would be almost certain to cheat on you in the future. a club girl would be dragging your ass to shitty clubs and grinding on other guys every weekend.
>>
>>26567412
Never date a club girl. That's just fucking retarded. PLUR/Rave girls are pretty fun if you are open to open relationships and polygamy.
>>
OP here. It's not that I hate bars all the time, it's that normies love bars. All they want to talk about is "awesome bars". It is inane to give such a massive shit about the "atmosphere" in the place you sit to drink. Fine, maybe it's a bit nicer or more relaxed or whatever. It's just such a sickening normie topic to constantly talk about "awesome bars".

If you're with decent people, even a shit bar is going to be fine. Likewise, if you're with assholes, the coolest fucking meme speakeasy hipster place is going to be terrible. I just hate this "art of bars" nonsense that normies seem to spout.
>>
>>26567376
>do you have any tattoos?
>a top gun hat perhaps?
>do you lift?
>do you like to fight?
>do you say bro and fuck every other word?
if so, you will fit right in.
>>
>>26567412

>implying i'd make any woman my girlfriend

no silly, i'd just pretend like i'm interested in her and give her the illusion that she's bigger than her vagina (something the dudes she grinds on don't give her), then keep her as a fwb
>>
Dive bars are fun. The more people smoking the better. Cheap drinks, crazy people, fun times.

The places that obsess over craft beer are good if you are into that. Not cheap, but you can try a few beers you have never heard of.

"Upscale" bars that lack the beer selection, ban smoking, but still charge $4.50 a yuengling suck. They scare off the interesting characters.
>>
I heard 3 separate normies talk about going to bars today. Made me feel like I'm missing out on life since I'm so isolated and haven't been to a bar in 4 years.
>>
I go to a bar almost every day. I generally go to the nastiest dive bars I can find. My rule of thumb is that it must have a pool table. I'm pretty good and it's an easy way to hang out without needing to talk much. If you frequent the same place enough you can get to know the other regulars which is a big plus. Makes you feel welcome and sometimes you'll get free drinks or smoked out. I would say try it out, just chill at the bar and try to strike up some conversation if you can. If not order another shot+beer.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.