[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MBTI Relationship Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 48
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 1136x640
MBTI Relationship Thread

Talk about social dynamic/interaction between family, friends, s/o, etc including their and your MBTI score.
>>
INTJ x ENFP,

best match but highly unstable leading to death spiral

but in cartoons the best examples are Star x Marco and Robin x Starfire
>>
File: 1455240248172.gif (18 KB, 701x700) Image search: [Google]
1455240248172.gif
18 KB, 701x700
>>26613169
INTP here

incapable of forming a significant relationship with anyone, even my family that cares about me deeply

my analysis of the people closest to me
dad's an ESFJ
mom's an INFJ
sister 1 is an ENFP
sister 2 is an ISTJ
their types don't matter in this context however, because I can't form a relationship with anyone
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 700x827
>>26613169
>INFP male, me
>ISTP female, her

several month "relationship" basically involved me busting my ass to get her to hang out with me. I wouldn't have acted so beta if she hadn't opened up about her depression early on, IE her depression was what was causing her to feel antisocial

in the end I still don't know whether or not she did like me and her depression pushed her away, or if she was never into me and just enjoyed my attention. oh well
>>
Mother's an ESFJ
Father's an ESFP
Brother's an ESTJ bordering on ENTP, might get him to do the test again desu, his Sensor and Judging preference were like <%5.
I'm an INFJ as recently tested but used to be INTJ
>tfw the only iNtuitive in a family of Sensors
Sister's an ISFJ

What I've noticed about being around Sensors for most of my life is that they are very "in-the-now". Whereas I'm often in the clouds, they seem pretty grounded and down-to-earth. I've noticed that regardless of Introversion or Extraversion is that they like small talk and pretty much only discuss that, or whatever happened during the day. I'm really not interested in this kind of stuff. I don't know if this is an intuitive thing or not but I just don't care for day-to-day talk.

However I do get along with them somewhat well. As for individual relationships.I tend to clash with my father though because I'm like an INFJ/INTJ and INTJxESFPs are a conflicting type. I get along pretty well with my mother, but honestly it's mainly because she's my mother and she's a kind person, but she doesn't stimulate me in conversation at all, just like most of my family. I probably get along with my sister the most despite our types not being that compatible at all. Once again though no stimulation in conversation, she's just interested in normie shit. My brother is a normie too but due to that borderline N/S I like him the most, because he comes up with good comments. I don't speak to my brother that much though.

I don't know if this was a useful post but whatever.

Here's a useful MBTI compatibility chart:
I to E
S to S/N to N
F to T
J to P

Why? Because opposites attract, for the most part.
>>
ISTP here

never read a description so accurate
I just listen to death grips and go to the gym. that's all I do. sometimes produce music and play vidya
>>
>>26613169
Don't be this guy
>>
>>26613169
INTP

I hate my life desu,
>>
>>26613201
Robin is ISTx, no?
>>
File: true robot.png (104 KB, 1289x590) Image search: [Google]
true robot.png
104 KB, 1289x590
>>26613169
istp representing
already know my life is a joke and will probably end with me going in the military and dying for my country
>>
INTP x depression and lonliness is the OTP desu
>>
>tfw INFP
>right-winger

JUST
>>
>>26613708
How the fuck are you supposed to read it when most of the mosts aren't linked or the number's cut off
exit bag
>>
>>26613838
That's because you haven't found a niche. Half my friends in high school were INTP and as retarded as it sounds, the became happier when they found each other.

Either that or you're an INTP with low IQ, which means you're human garbage. Not good for feeling, not good for thinking.
>>
>>26613780
I'd do that if I wasn't too red pilled
I'm probably going to end up living in the woods in a tent
>>
File: 1439936244360.png (38 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1439936244360.png
38 KB, 800x800
INFP here, no one is ever interested in talking about the world in the way I want to.

I just want to talk about beauty and love and all the things which make me happy.
>>
>>26613975
Only three numbers got cut off completely. One was an irrelevant comment, "can anyone type this guy..." and the other was a different discussion "One of the hallmark traits of being an INFJ is oversensitivity to criticism."

The third was mb. Wanted to save space because half of the comment was a response to an irrelevant post. "Because people are born with basic preferences and urges..." is the second half and a response to 26611716 and 26611887 is the direct reply to it, right beneath it.

A couple are only partially cut off and still readable. IE. 26611911
>>
File: osaka.gif (261 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
osaka.gif
261 KB, 320x240
INFP, no friends or relationship

i'm too terrified to open up to people or let them see the real me

people who know me from afar think i'm cool-headed and stoic but it's because i just don't talk ever

anyone who knows me well knows i'm a fucking mess of a person. i doubt i'll ever be in a functioning relationship, but it's the thing i want more than anything else

i daydream a lot about romance and really deeply connecting with someone. maybe one day.
>>
>>26613986
I had a girlfriend a year ago but I just can't deal with the emotional bullshit so I'd rather be alone, but at the same time I long for someone. It's retarded and makes me feel bad.
>>
>>26614103
I'm an ENTP so I'm similar in a way. Even when I end up impressing people or having long conversation, I just feel hollow inside afterwards, because there are so few people that want to have real discussions (using logic and evidence, with no holds barred).

I think most NT's idea of socialization is just working together or being in each other's presences. Talking about feelings, relationships and other people is an uninteresting waste of time for us.
>>
>>26614257
have long conversations
NTs'
>>
i was infp as fuck at one point. my hikki ways have numbed me too much now.
>>
>>26613169
>infp
I wouldn't describe myself as a "fairy" though
That's fucking gay
I have a dream, that is what gives me my robustness.
>>
File: 1451672039336.jpg (99 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1451672039336.jpg
99 KB, 600x600
>>26613169
INTJ

I'm borderline autistic but I make things work. Cose friends and family seem to understand. Just got my first real gf at 21 and she's pretty autistic also (don't know her MBTI but I'm her first relationship and she doesn't have many friends).

Life continues apace.
>>
I always get different answers when I take these tests on different sites. INTP, ISTP, ISTJ, it's all over the place.
>>
File: 1448443419476.png (660 KB, 698x840) Image search: [Google]
1448443419476.png
660 KB, 698x840
>infp
>currently "dating" an estj
I don't know how true all that stuff is, but I hope it will work out, atleast she can somewhat motivate me to actually do something
>>
I just want to let you INTJ faggots know, you're not nearly as smart as you think you are.

That's all
>>
I've scored INTP consistently over the course of many years and different tests

>tfw so estranged from my emotions that I feel unable to dorm bonds with people
>No desire whatsoever to be around people or socialize

You guys are just floating ideas and flesh cages.

f types, what's it like Like to feel?
>>
File: poly10a.png (85 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
poly10a.png
85 KB, 640x400
>>26615918
I like to look at Electroencephalograms and MRI's. That's who we are.

http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php
Everyone, take the Aspie Quiz (turns out I'm a cyborg)
>>
File: s u f f e r i n g.jpg (249 KB, 740x980) Image search: [Google]
s u f f e r i n g.jpg
249 KB, 740x980
>>26615918
intp bros ww@

I completely stopped caring about relationships with people in high school, and have become completely detached from my feelings.
>>
>>26615978
In HS? You got lot of development to to before you do this. I know the seeds probably already been planted but gjve it a chance. I'm 24, graduated college and employed. Everything is an effort to scoialize and I feel like I'm wasting my time with them. I've had sex, had gfs even but I'd rather masturbate and relationships, even healthy ones, don't bring me happiness

We're broken. You young. Hold it together.
>>
What's the real difference between ENTP and INTP?

Sure some ENTP's are silver tongued smooth talkers, but it seems others are almost as autistic as INTP's. Tesla, an ENTP, was exceptionally lonely.
>>
>>26616036
No I'm in my third year of college, I've just sorta stopped giving a fuck about people.

I'm glad I got laid then, as I would have no chance of it now.
>>
File: 1455577632068.png (653 KB, 600x641) Image search: [Google]
1455577632068.png
653 KB, 600x641
>>26613169
Would you post the entire tier list senpai?
>>
>>26616097
Very little. Both are so obsessed with theory and abstract thought that when on display they can be mistaken for on another in their reckless pursuit of understanding. They are driven primarily by ideas and hold little regard/understanding of complex social stigmas, habits and norms. Hence they come off as autistic/uncaring about things like appearance, manner and politeness.

True fucking Weirdo's.

Fun fact, if this gives you some more insight: there's a very strong correlation between the INTP type and a Schizoid Personality Disorder
>>
>>26614024
INFP here too. I feel exactly the same way...

On the off-chance you want to talk about those things, contact?
>>
File: mbti.png (855 KB, 1000x2480) Image search: [Google]
mbti.png
855 KB, 1000x2480
>>26616172
Not OP, but I got you famalamma
>>
>>26613169
ISTJ suffers from work related stress.
>>
What's an ENTPS females most compatible type?
>>
>>26615968
>mfw my parents thought I was an aspie as a child but the doctor said no

Fucking normalfag doctor fucked my childhood up.

I'm >>26614697 also
>>
>>26616204
I'm not INFP but I also like to talk about abstract concepts (though not just human universals and principles). I think I spent my entire ages 6-9 thinking about death, justice, the law of nature, and consciousness.

My pet bunny had a miscarriage when I was 6. I stared too much at her and apparently that's scary to rabbits, since even children are giants compared to them. So I had to bury the three rabbit fetuses and it got me started on the question of what would happen when I died and whether my internal perception of living is transferable (to a clone) and can be shared with or emulated by others.

I was scared.
>>
>>26614024
i feel you on that brother, the philosophy of life and the universe is truly profound and niggas never in on that shit
>>26614091
shit takes time, I've been at different places on the MB type chart, keep working on yourself mindfully. Sure there's a chemical element to mental problems, but there's also the thinking component
>>26616204
im all for what this guy is sayin
>>26616333
trips, and been thinking about the way things works since i first had memories. respect goes out to you
>>
>>26613287
your sister 1 sounds cool, hook a brother up yo
>>
>>26613708
your posts were just as bad
>>
>>26613287
ENFP and INTP can be an interesting relationship. Leslie Knope and Cones of Dunshire guy for example.
>>
>>26616206
i think im either intj or entj. usually i only score like 51% towards e or i.

blessed... and im still a robot either way
>>
>>26616458
No, mine were closer to the truth. You can't describe MBTI in terms of percentages like that. He didn't understand function stacks and the counterbalancing of introverted and extraverted functions. Your dominant function is introverted or extraverted, but there's always something to balance it. There's no human that relies on purely external or internal modes of living. That's what I was trying to say but he consistently confused Jungian introversion and extraversion (perception) with colloquial introversion (quiet and unsocial) and extraversion (outgoing and social).

How can you honestly say that my posts were just as bad? Climate and weather are NOT the same thing.

He consistently conflated behavior with personality and predispositions with beliefs.

It was retarded.
>>
File: 300_1.jpg (122 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
300_1.jpg
122 KB, 800x437
Being an istp fucking SUCKS

I dull the pain by buying of guns and listening to larpy black metal. Its the only escape from normie hell.
>>
>>26616206
Thank you friendo. It's funny that ENFJ is listed as an SJW because that's totally what my girlfriend was before she started dating me.
>>
>>26616553
try adhd and istp bro
school was absolute hell for me
>>
>>26616234
>ENTP

Your mirror type

ENTP Ne Ti Fe Si
ISFJ Si Fe Ti Ne
>>
>>26613287
>intp here
>can't form relationships with my family because it feels forced
>people at school look at me wierd when I try to reach out so I stopped trying
>only a small group of friends
>want to live in the woods instead of dealing with the shitty people in this world.
Anyone know these intp feels
>>
>>26616595
Defender and the Debater
Sounds like an argument waiting to happen
>>
>>26616667
Yea. Mirror types are actually horrible for relationships, despite what some memebti websites say. Think Skylar and Walter White.

The best types are usually similiar but just different enough, like INTJ and ENTP or ENTP and INFJ. INTP and ENTJ or INTP and ENFP.

For some reason, perceiving-judging and introversion-extroversion pairs work well. Sensors and intuitors should stay apart. T and F can work as long as thinking/feeling aren't the dominant functions.
>>
falconnl.github.io/TypeSquare

for relations
>>
I'm INFP, my fiancee is ENTP. Supposedly we don't work out but she's my best friend. We play vidya together, we have similar views, the sex is amazing and we both kind of hate the world together.
>>
>>26614697
>Doesn't write like an INTJ or write something and INTJ would
prove it, prove your INTJness
>>
>>26613675
are you me? and people say these tests are bullshit. starting to think there's some truth in it
>>
>intp me
>intp gf
being intp is the true redpill
>>
File: 1455686910695.jpg (17 KB, 342x324) Image search: [Google]
1455686910695.jpg
17 KB, 342x324
>tfw ENTP
it should really just say loud annoying asshole 2bh
>>
>>26613201
>tfw enfp male

intj girls where are you all?
>>
>>26616564
She's probably toning down her views for you and will revert back as soon as you break-up.
>>
File: INTP.png (189 KB, 871x656) Image search: [Google]
INTP.png
189 KB, 871x656
So today my mom wanted to have a talk about me finding a job, and then she asked what my plan was for life, back when plans were supposed to be made.
I told her that I never really thought about it, and she asked why, since I apparently come off as smart to nearly everyone and just seemed like someone who would have that worked out by now.
I told her the truth, boys, about how I honestly thought I wouldn't make it to the old age of 19, by means of car accident or some creeping fatal disorder or otherwise, and she just chuckled a bit and then we talked some more about me finding a job.
I don't think I've ever told anyone that besides strangers on the internet whom I'll never know, and it feels awful that I let something so personal just slip like that
Someone end me, please.
>nowhere to hang self, even if there was I'm too /bigguy/
>no credit card to get helium
>not black enough to an hero by cop
>only three floors of apartment, probably wouldnt kill me if I landed square on my head
>>
>>26617128

I thought INTP girls are practically nonexistent. Where did you find her and where can one find them? At first I'm thinking universities(especially STEM degrees) or their rooms(like many robots).
>>
>>26613169
Who the fuck wastes their time with this shit
>>
>>26613201
>be INTJ
>tfw no qt3.14 enfp gf

why is it so hard? ENFP outnumber us like 4 to 1.
>>
>>26613169
every intp related meme i see seems depressing.. that depresses me
>>
>>26618173
I was born female and I'm INTP.
Being redpill is the best feeling, though I have no life and have to pay for sex.
>>
>INFP and dumb as bricks
fug
>>
>Be INFJ
>Be male
>KV
Reporting live from the fiery pits of eternal friendzone desu
>>
ENTP here.

Mom is an ISTJ, pretty difficult to deal with, especially when shit hits the fan and it's time for serious business. Other than that, I love her direct and honest way of dealing with things. She's not the type of person to repeatedly annoy you with emotional crap, but let's you know that she cares by her actions. Overall, I think ENTPs and ISTJs can learn a lot from each other due to their very different approaches on life, but it's not really a piece of cake to do so.

My father on the other hand is an INFP and I have to say that I'm kind of glad my mom raised me alone, since he's way too sensitive and very superstitious. Generally, he tends to care about very pointless things, like social status, which makes it hard to find things we have in common as he mostly tends to have the desire to express his opinion on everything, even if that opinion makes no sense, so he has a hard time dealing with my argumentative spirit. Nevertheless, he's a great person to joke around with and talk in very absurd ways.

All in all, I'd say that it's harder for an ENTP to deal with ISTJs than it is with INFPs, but it's much more worth it.

Bonus: I believe that ENTPs and INTJs technically get along really well when they, at least from my experience, but I really love my ISTP bros. Fuck the rest.
>>
>>26617137
I'm the same phamily
I hate it so much I wish I could go back to my INTP days
>>
>>26618339
>I was born female
>>
how is this any different to horoscopes?
>>
File: inbred jew.png (73 KB, 248x261) Image search: [Google]
inbred jew.png
73 KB, 248x261
INTP reporting in.

Disgusted by reality, unable to form meaningful connections with other people. I'll never be happy no matter how successful I become. Afraid of and crave death at the same time.

Everything that appears initially good turns out to be just another farce at further inspection.

Please return me to the void.
>>
>>26618506
Its based a bit more on trends within people of different personality types.Yea its not a great way of predicting a relationships functionality but its sorta a fun way of seeing what types of personality traits tend to work well together.
>>
>>26618506
well for starters in horoscopes people are categorized based on birth dates and then predictions are made about them based on that.

On the other hand, mbti categorizes people based on their behavior and uses that as a quick way to generalize.

so basicaly in one you have the stars predicting a person behavior.
in another you have a persons behavior predicting their behavior.
>>
>>26618492
I transitioned into a fuccboi
>>
>>26614024
I'm with you man...
Instead of trying to initiate such a deep conversation with somebody, I have simply started giving advice to people. It allows me to be a philosophical person, in an acceptable manner.
So far, it's been really productive. Among other things I've repaired my best friend's relationship, because I had a long conversation with his afraid-of-commitment gf and my self-esteem is through the roof.
It feels good to be a wise motherfucker.

>>26614091
I have this as well. I used to be really fucking open to everybody, but after getting shot down so many times I simply cannot open up anymore.
I'm working on it though, and you should as well.
>>
>>26617305
>>only three floors of apartment, probably wouldnt kill me if I landed square on my head
what, are you made of metal?
I'm INTP too and i feel like i won't live for long either, wonder if it's a personality trait
>>
File: t1qAtBN.png (37 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
t1qAtBN.png
37 KB, 633x758
Im happy to be a part of the INTJ master race
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 450x450
>astrology for neckbeards
>>
>>26616629
Definitely, though would probably choose something other than woods. Forests feel too crowded.
>>
>>26617305
Don't they have debit cards in your country?
>>
>>26613169
INFP
"Faries in a world ruled by barbarians" could not be any more true.

I just wanna hide away from everyone and draw. Please someone build an autism shelter with lots of paper and crayons.
>>
>>26619024

ISTP
>warrior in an age where barbarians are extinct

I'd love nothing more than to die in a blaze of glory and honor. Having a lifespan of 30 years was perfect, why did we extend it to 100? Fucking boring.
>>
>>26618759
So succinctly stated.
>>
INFP here. I'm kinda relevant for the first time ever.
>>
>>26613675
Jake?

oc
>>
Why do I find INFP's so relatable? I'm an asshole ENTP who has alienated almost everyone he knows via arguments and one-upmanship and I am exceedingly logical, yet the INFP's touchy feely fae flights of fancy shit and "fairy among barbarians" faggotry, I find oddly familiar...
>>
>>26619051
This
I just want to do big things, not great and shining for others like, building a space ship or something, but good for me, like building my projects. But I dont have the money nor the time

Death in battle, even if I don't get to use my weapon and I die by artillery, would be perfect. I would be doing something meaningful
>>
File: tumblr_lpod2dAMWn1qktqch.gif (380 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lpod2dAMWn1qktqch.gif
380 KB, 500x280
I'm an infj. I dont think anyone is good enough to let them know the real me, it feels so draining talking to people too. I need to find the ONE or ill be alone forever. Life is hard. What do?
>>
>>26619644
Go homo
I wish I could. And I tried
>>
>>26618173
Accurate, I practically don't exist but you can find me in my room
>>
>>26619757
How will going gay help? I want a family in the future if I'll be able to turn things around.
>>
>>26619892
Get inseminated
>>
File: 1454521386793.jpg (47 KB, 369x368) Image search: [Google]
1454521386793.jpg
47 KB, 369x368
>>26613169
Me - ENTJ
Brother - ENFJ
Dad - ISTP
Mom - ESFJ
I feel like me and mom live in different universes,
>>
>>26619914
You - ENTJ

WTF are you doing here instead of accomplishing something, you phony?
>>
INFP gf who's also super hot
Kinda hit the jackpot desu
>>
>>26619913
I've been thinking about that but I don't want my child growing with only a single parent. Dying alone doesn't seem bad than pretending to be with someone you truly won't love forever. How the fuck do people serial date?
>>
So taking this, astrology and blood type (like the Japanese) can you construct the ultimate human filing system?
>>
>>26619967
Just have a good male friend who will be a strong presence in your child's life.

Or, you can screen your sperm donors for highly individualistic personality types that probably won't need much parenting. ENTP, ESTP, ENTJ, etc. Hopefully they won't end up as psychopaths.
>>
>>26619942
Ni-Fi loop. Emotions are very intense and i dont know what to do.
>>
>>26619953
Which MBTI type are you though?

Come on, stay on the topic.
>>
>>26620003
You're an infj too im assuming? But yeah thats the last option for me.
>>
File: 1455340151277.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1455340151277.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>26613169
ISTP, I tried suicide because I genuinely didn't find any meaning in life, nothing to do and truly fulfil me. Top edge, but sadly true
>>
>tfw I'm either an ENTP with severe social anxiety or an INTP.

I always classify as either or when I take the tests, but I cannot POSSIBLY be INTP, because a) I never become intensely interested in anything, and b) I am fucking loud and boisterous when I am comfortable around people.
>>
>>26620046
Are you sure you're ENTJ in a loop? If you're truly emotional and don't know what to do...
>>
INFP. I hate it when people walk all over my ideals.What is so wrong about being kind and wanting to help others?! Why aren't people fair! Because they should be and they're not. This erodes my faith in humanity, and when I get mad about it they'll just say stop being so sensitive.
>>
>>26620077
No I'm an ENTP. I just tend to mirror other people's writing styles.
>>
>>26620124
people are self-interested through and through, and so are you
>>
>>26620145
Its not wrong to be self interested but you should put it aside or lower it if someone needs your help.
>>
>>26620114
It's not about me being emotional as emotions are my guidance system but i dont know how to deal with them. For example i know i shouldnt be sad and i try to do other stuff like talking with people online or going somewhere but i feel sad and it starts to pisses me off where i end up exploding in anger. To others it might seem that i'm angry but i'm angry because i dont know how to deal with sadness when rationality doesnt work.
>>
>>26613708
Oh jesus christ I was in that thread last night as well. Fuck that guy was frustrating.
>>
Who here /easymode/ ENTJ?
>>
File: 1434088344976.jpg (53 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1434088344976.jpg
53 KB, 500x667
> being interested enough in yourself to take this test
> not knowing your existence is worthless and meaningless
> not realizing you're not special
ENFP here

any INTJ girls for me to manipulate? uglier and fatter the better.. your low self esteem is my fuel
>>
File: Slav god.jpg (41 KB, 403x604) Image search: [Google]
Slav god.jpg
41 KB, 403x604
>>26613169
Where's my ISTP F A M?
Whats the last thing you did?
I finally finished a switch to move my door from the desktop. I drilled the doorframe a bit and the owner will kick me if he sees it but I can fully operate everything from my pc
>>
File: Pick a partner.jpg (65 KB, 706x960) Image search: [Google]
Pick a partner.jpg
65 KB, 706x960
>>26620308
>>26613169

OOps that one's incorrect and someone already uploaded the entire image.
>>
INTP

i don't feel like i've felt a genuine emotion or care for anything in a very, very long time. everyday is passing by the same as the last and i'm just going to exist until i die. i don't think my coworkers or roommates even know i'm here most of the time
>>
>>26613169
>>26620308
>be me
>male INFP
>actually happy with my life
>given up on material success
>accepted that I'm probably just going to become a teacher or something
>half-heartedly follow crazy set of stoic, buddhist and daoist practices
>everyday trying to totally free myself from desire
>accepted that I'm unlikely to actually be a published writer or anything, even though it's my dream
>still content just to write for fun
Literally every other INFP I've seen on r9k or any other board seems to be on the brink of suicide. I usually try to convince people in those threads that I'm a non-depressed INFP, and they tell me either I'm lying or I answered the questions wrong.

And believe it or not there are actually girls out there who like people like us
>>
intp as fuck here but i'm not that smart. focused on the wrong things in my pre- and early teens and its killing me now that i'm a few years behind others my age career-wise. only maintained 1 friendship throughout life and that friend has screwed me over and over to the point where i feel like becoming full-fledged robot.

any INTP's here that have made a turn-around in their lives and want to share, perhaps give some tips and whatnot? i'd appreciate it. i can socialize without becoming too anxious but value personal time very highly and am trying to finish college by the age of 22 with no real aspirations currently.
>>
File: 1452928896006.jpg (204 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1452928896006.jpg
204 KB, 960x1280
I am ISTP. Anything self made excites me for some reason, I built my pc, some new furniture I bought, I make new cases for my speakers to make them sound better. I dream with building my own wood cabin
Anyone wants to go live on the wild?
>>
>>26620405
INFP who once got INTP here
Don't focus on your friends and their success, focus on your own. Always bring your thoughts back to the present moment, and you'll find most of your suffering lies outside of that (in your example, in thinking about the 'success' your friends have had that you haven't had)

This really doesn't come naturally to intuitives, who tend to think very big-picture and worry about all sorts of things, but whenever you feel your intuition is leading you to anxiety, just remember to bring your mind back to the present moment and the task at hand.

INxx types tend to get this real bad (in case you hadn't noticed, lol) because there's no easy way to escape our thoughts, we can't plunge easily into relationships and social situations.
>>
>>26613169
hey guys i'm a INTP/INTJ, and everyone I know is a disgusting fucking pleb, i wish they would all fuck off until they have a STEM education and stoic philosophy.
>>
>>26620536
you probably don't have any friends
>>
>>26620499
That's useful, thanks for the response and effort.
>>
>>26613169
INFJ

Fell in love with an INTP, which is a good match. I'm probably one of the few people who's able to pick up on his feeling "clues" and act according to it, and luckily I'm well read enough to push his intellectual T buttons. I think we could work out well.

Previous relationship was an INTJ, and it was a mess. Intellectually we were compatible but to him feelings were irrelevant. When I tried to explain that things weren't okay with me because of those hurt feelings he just said that I wasn't being logical about it, so he'd disregard that.
>>
>>26620560
no worries mate
>>
File: 1452983187830.jpg (31 KB, 412x412) Image search: [Google]
1452983187830.jpg
31 KB, 412x412
>>26620572
Spot the sjw roastie.
>>
>>26620583
Calm your tits, I'm not a feminist.
>>
File: 1416669013915.jpg (17 KB, 320x337) Image search: [Google]
1416669013915.jpg
17 KB, 320x337
>>26620601
>INFJ
>not feminist
Please tell me you're not browsing tumblr and writing about black actors oppression at this moment?
>>
>>26620644
havent met a single infj that was a social justice warrior, plenty of ENFPs ENFJs etc. though
>>
File: 63837822.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
63837822.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
INFP here. Nice to see lots fellow feelfags.

Something I think about a lot is morality, altruism, and how they relate to human nature and animal instinict in general.

I was listening to that sweet fucking song "Rules of Nature" from MGR and it got me thinking about how the strong and smart shall survive while the weak and foolish will perish. As usual, I began imagining a fantasy world. There were two tribes. A large group of deer people, with a powerful buck as their leader. And a smaller group of wolf people, with a alpha as their leader. I imagined how they'd fight each other purely for survival. One not to be eaten, the other to eat. There was no side to root for.

And then I started thinking about real people. And how a lot of what we do is just nature. But the thing that makes us human is our ability to defy nature, if ever so slightly. To live in the unihabitable. To sacrifice with no gain, perhaps even to die. To love that which hurts us. I feel like people who just succumb to their instincts are no better than animals. Like nignogs who go straight to chimping out as opposed to black people who act civilized.

If my theory is correct, that means there should be 1 woman out there who can resist her instinct to be a slut. That's my hope.

Any other INFPs want to ramble on about philosophical shit? I love reading that stuff.
>>
>>26620675
INFJs are rarely outspooken in day to day life. Like INTJs, they prefer to pull the strings through books or blog posts. ENFJs and ENFPs are far better at communicating in person, and thus are likely to earn a reputation.
>>
>>26620309
Sounds like the most ISTP thing I've ever hard in my entire life.
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 800x800
INTJ here.

I once tried an LDR with an ISTP male. This was my first and will probably be my last relationship. Most of the time it was nice to just talk about anything and let our minds wander. It really was great before it all went to shit. I don't have friends so I don't get to experience that any other way besides posting here occasionally. He eventually "got bored" of Skype and resorted to just texting, which worried me, but I dealt with it. Then, we started going a day or two without conversation at all and everything fell apart. He kept pushing me into meeting him somewhere or flying across the country, but I was too comfortable just Skyping. Of course there was no way a relationship like that could hold out, but I didn't want to accept such a change after he was making me feel like I didn't matter anymore. So it all ended and we don't talk anymore.
Sometimes I creep on whatever profiles he was, just to check up on him.
>>
>>26613169
INFP and INFJ are most prone to having waifu.
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 1242x2208
I always thought these tests were bullshit, but I'm starting to believe it becasue I just got INTP for the third time.(over the course of 5 years)

what does that mean?
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 245x145) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 245x145
>>26620770
Hah, thanks. I have everything set on an ugly wood table with wires everywhere.
I have a small arm mounted on a toy wheel to press my pc power switch, more switches for all the lights and the door now, moved the thermo controller there, and I once tried to use plastic pipes to bring water from the tap to my desktop, but it didn't end well.
Toys are the best resources for small moving parts

I have to take a picture when I'm back from work
>>
>>26620869

You mattered to him, he just got bored of showing it. relationships as an ISTP are hard, everybody expects so much
>>
intj or istj

both are suicide tier.

just end it
>>
>>26620644
>writing about black actors oppression
oh so that's the new edition of Oppression Monthly?

>>26620738
If I'm really pissed about something I'll write about it indeed. Then let it rot on my hard drive because I don't have a normiebook and am too anxious for a blog.
>>
File: 1450050845721.gif (623 KB, 360x263) Image search: [Google]
1450050845721.gif
623 KB, 360x263
>>26616206
>tfw istp
>25 kv neet on welfare, been on bux for more than 4 years

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
LA
FUCKING
MOW

honestly its whatever already, i havent felt a need to have close intimacy for years really

but i do look forward to ai and robo-waifu
>>
File: INTJ 2.jpg (45 KB, 625x416) Image search: [Google]
INTJ 2.jpg
45 KB, 625x416
>>26616206
I'm intj and this is true. We're cyborg tier.
>>
>tfw ENTJ with qt INTP
>tfw neither of us want kids but both of us love degrading degenerate sex
>tfw intellectual conversation post-coitus
Only problem is she's moving in a few months. Feels bad man.
>>
Me INFP, her INFJ
Shit's pretty cash, we spend all our time together avoiding human contact
>>
>>26621773
There is only one contact.
The human contact.
>>
Proud ENTJ
>>
>>26613169
>tfw my career fits perfectly with my mbti score

ISTJ + Law enforcement = Savage
>>
ISTP with occasional N tendencies. Intelligent but lazy. Only thing I give a shit about is the video game I'm creating.
>>
>>26621401
aka boycott of Oscars because there are not many black nominees.
>>
>>26621711
Sounds like fun tbqh.

>tfw ENTP
>tfw no INTJ partner.
>>
Can someone help me figure out what type my gf is?

>programming major, with almost all A's
>everyone likes her, but she doesn't go out of her way to make friends
>idealistic and naive to a fault, but also calm and positive
>amazing GM, can multi-task and think on her feet well
>loves Wizard characters, who devote their lives to the pursuit of knowledge
>has 2000+ hours of DOTA2 logged on steam, and is currently balls deep in XCOM2
>touchy and physical, and wants to kiss / hold hands in public constantly
>interested in marriage and children, and having a homey family life together

In contrast here's me, a possible type would also be appreciated:

>3D animation major, constantly retaking classes
>"intimidating" and "needs to open up more," only have a couple friends online
>realistic but also pessimistic, highly emotional, and socially anxious
>sub-par GM, has trouble improvising, and has to prepare a lot ahead of time
>loves Ranger characters, who survive to live but with respects to nature
>play vidya sparingly, usually old childhood games I've played a million times
>less physical, and absolutely hates PDA. It feels like I'm rubbing it in people's faces
>terrified of getting married and having kids, and want to live an independent life
>>
>>26622519
I'm getting the impression of an xxTJ personally. Although behavior should not be used to type people as their environment can shape their behavior but their thinking won't change that much. (For example, I look an ENTJ on the outside but I'm much more suited to the ENTP personality).

As for you, probably an ISTP with Fe grip, although Se types tend to be good improvisers. Maybe an INTJ, although INTJs are usually very ambitious and try to get their shit together. If you're depressed then it's more likely, but still less than ISTP.

Edit: Maybe an INTP actually, INTPs a very self deprecating and can fuck a lot of things up, how "deep" are you?
>>
My brother and I are both ISFP. We get along great, he's my best friend.
>>
File: intp4.png (66 KB, 250x409) Image search: [Google]
intp4.png
66 KB, 250x409
>>26622519
Looks like INTP. Dungeons and dragons tips it off.
>>
INTJ and ESTJ
It's alright. She can be very frustrating to talk to at times or when trying to teach her something but overall works rather well.
>>
>>26615806
Kid mad because the people he doesn't like the image the people who are smarter than him build LMAO.
>>
>>26622799
That's hard to answer, I'll let you decide that. These are the kinds of things I like to think and talk about:

>People act out of kindness to satiate their own guilt. So is kindness actually selfish?
>How can we really know if something was real without seeing or experiencing it ourselves?
>Doesn't everything that exists, at least to a person, live within the perception of humanity, correct or incorrect?
>Are children really "sentient," or are they just intelligent animals until they enter adolescence / adulthood?

>>26623205
For her, me or both? She's the top description, and I'm the bottom.
>>
I don't know whether I'm INFP or INTP. I test one or the other all the time.
>>
>>26613201
My ENFP left me for one of her Skype friends,
solitude is actually really nice.
>>
>>26613749
I feel you. But what's worse is being ENTP cyborg. Extrovert being that I like being around people, and I'm lonely if I'm by myself. I hate people I don't know though, and I have severe social anxiety. I wish is was INTP, because at least then I wouldn't care that I can't hold a conversation or go to parties without sperging out
>>
>>26623991
Probably INTP, ISTPs tend to be severe black and white thinkers at times.
>>
>>26624004
And this time I tested INFJ. What the hell
>>
File: 1455130709895.jpg (41 KB, 749x512) Image search: [Google]
1455130709895.jpg
41 KB, 749x512
>this chart comes out
>everyone is an ISTP now

muh fucking secret club is gone. There were only 1-3 ISTPs per thread before

pic not related
>>
File: 1451925432917.jpg (42 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1451925432917.jpg
42 KB, 720x480
>>26624110
I feel like I'm too emotional to be an INTP lad.

Thanks for thinking about it with me, though.
>>
>>26624175
INTPs can be very emotional, look up Fe grip, not only that but repressed Fe just means poor emotional expression, not actually have emotions in strong magnitude. ENTJs are the type that are dead inside.
>>
>>26618517
INTP is robot: The MBTI type
I feel you brah
>the thought of an intimate relationship is so strange and crazy to you that it feel practically impossible that people have sex
>LITERALLY can't think of myself having a gf/sex
>>
>>26620109
I'm an INTP too and I'm comfortable and confident around most people
>>
File: Skärmklipp.jpg (86 KB, 1288x846) Image search: [Google]
Skärmklipp.jpg
86 KB, 1288x846
Rate me based on pic.
>>
>>26613169
ISTP-A Chad reporting in
>>
INFP maleo here

confirmed for suicide tier

already got a vasectomy in my early 20s plan to live life as a hermit or drunk. I am going to try and become an electrician which seems to be a very ISTP career so christ help me
>>
>>26622519
>gf
Fuck off normie.

That being said you have a fundamental misunderstanding of MBTI, how it wokrs, and what it does. Describing facts about a person and his/her life is not enough to type them. Describing their behavior patterns is also not really enough, though it is a start. MBTI works off the basis of preferred methods of thinking. Obviously certain methods of thinking can often lead to certain observed behaviors, but that isn't the case.

You can't use anecdotes to type people. Read about the system and use it for yourself. I mean actually read about. The vast majority of people in these threads don't understand it all. Educate yourself and avoid "free type quiz :D" because it won't help you much in understanding anything.

That being said, if I HAD to guess based on the limited information you gave then your gf is probably an INFP and you're an ISFJ.

>tl;dr
>normies GET OUT
>read a fucking book
>>
INTJ here.
INFJs pls kill yourselves.
They don't even need tumblr to go full SJW, it's unreal.
>>
File: triggered.png (223 KB, 400x465) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
223 KB, 400x465
>>26624643
stay triggered, nerd (^:
>>
>>26620869
I think ISTPs are one of the groups that firmly believe that LDR's never work (over time).

He probably figured that since you weren't trying to meet up, you weren't all that interested, which is probably the same reason he started talking to you less.
>>
>>26613169
INTJ

I've found the past few years quite difficult, and I've really struggled socially. I've had really low periods of time- particularly last year. But I've been seeing therapy for a little while- concerning depression and social anxiety. It's helped quite a bit. It's just helped me rationalise and look at things logically, which I suppose I really needed.
I'm generally comfortable around my family and close friends, but I find it extremely difficult to be around other people, but- again- therapy has been helpful.

I think the biggest thing that has changed is my hope for the future, which really didn't exist about a year ago. As shitty as I feel sometimes, it's not 'gun to my head' shitty or anything. There are people I want to meet and things I want to do, and that in itself is a driving force I suppose I really need.
>>
File: meme-bti.jpg (209 KB, 1024x1022) Image search: [Google]
meme-bti.jpg
209 KB, 1024x1022
Here's the meme-bti chart
>>
>>26623991
For her. I didn't read yours. But you are probably INTP too. The difference is she is a girl and you are not.
>>
>>26616629
These are the definitive INTP feels. You'll have at most four actual friends, all of whom will be fellow INTPs. Everybody else you know are just acquaintances, none of whom will ever be bothered to invest the time and effort to get to know you.
>>
File: 1441070381156.jpg (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1441070381156.jpg
14 KB, 500x500
>>26625418
But how can that be when I switched the genders (^:
>>
>>26625667
Then that just means you are a beta bitch. But nobody calls themselves idealistic. So nice try.
>>
File: 1435676606135.jpg (67 KB, 1080x885) Image search: [Google]
1435676606135.jpg
67 KB, 1080x885
>>26625788
>implying my section wasn't the exact opposite of idealistic
>>
>>26613169
>natural warriors
>I'm gonna just in my house and masterbate all day instead of joining the military
Wishful thinking.
>>
>>26613169
I'm INFP and I hate SJWs

I'm probably the coldest INFP you'll ever meet.
>>
>>26626025
>implying I care about your shitty life enough to play your mind games
>>
File: photo (1).gif (2 MB, 253x176) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).gif
2 MB, 253x176
>>26626232
B-but you keep responding, anon-kun.. It's almost like you enjoy it <3
>>
File: smugtrump.jpg (6 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
smugtrump.jpg
6 KB, 184x184
>>26626436
Because you are putting out "please beat me up and take my milk money" vibes.
>>
File: 1367807991077.gif (822 KB, 312x234) Image search: [Google]
1367807991077.gif
822 KB, 312x234
>>26626521
So maybe you should, anon-kun ;^)
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.