[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder that ADD, ADHD, and dyslexia are not real diseases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 14
File: 1393803757661.png (164 KB, 409x325) Image search: [Google]
1393803757661.png
164 KB, 409x325
Friendly reminder that ADD, ADHD, and dyslexia are not real diseases or illnesses.

In the case of ADD and ADHD, the child just hasn't been disciplined properly. It is why most kids who have these "illnesses" are the children of single mothers. The mothers suck at raising kids, so they get them diagnosed with a phony disease and give them pills.

And dyslexia is a load of horseshit too. Anyone who isn't mentally retarded can learn to read and write. Some parents and teachers suck at teaching, thus, fake illness gets made up.
>>
If that's the case then why do they occur in adulthood as well?

You should have mentioned dysgraphia and dyscalculia as well. My first time coming across those two I didn't know they were real like ADD, and dyslexia so it was quite a shock to work with.

I'm a huge fan of drug treatment. I'd be a mess without amphetamine. I have recently been exploring other methods though and am making strides in my own struggles with the disease process through meditation and yoga to the point I tell clients that they should do it as part of a holistic approach to treatment. Skepticism is good but you can't wait for the exact study you want to come out. If something works then do it. We are people of action in the field. I'll demonstrate and let someone prove the why later.
>>
>>26418832
>In the case of ADD and ADHD, the child just hasn't been disciplined properly.
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>26419033
It's the truth friend.
>>
File: son.jpg (6 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
son.jpg
6 KB, 180x180
>>26418832
got spanked a lot til 12, still have difficulty listening to others
>>
>>26418832
The terms ADD and ADHD just seem to be ways to make boys act less like boys. It's seems the overwhelming majority of people diagnosed with it are young boys, so naturally feminised society and the feminised education system seek to dampen that as much as possible by drugging them into behaving.
>>
>>26419172
One of the most ADHD kid I know has also one of the strictest parents I know.

You're full of shit and you should basically kill yourself, armchair psychologist.
>>
>>26418954
Cucked by meme diseases. Smh
>>
>>26419033
Laugh all you want. It's true.
>>
>>26419221
There's more to discipling than beating. Beating is an important part, sure, but there's a lot more.
>>
>>26418832
>in special ed because I can't pay attention in 7th grade
>teacher teaches me one on one
>did you get it?
>y-yeah (I actually spaced out the whole time and didn't wanna make her repeat herself)

oh yeah discipline
my psychologist said I was withdrawn to that extent because my home life was stressful so withdrawing was the only way my mind knew how to survive

you: I know what this kid needs. A good spanking
thanks doctor, you truly are a wise one
>>
>>26418832
Parents just can't accept that not everyone is cut out to be a student. And of course they'll spend $ to correct the problem. So we get 'disorder', and hucksters selling them snake oil and meme pills.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 225x225
He didnt say that being strict was the only way to discipline retards. He said properly. Properly for that child might be a different way than spanking and locking you in your shitty trailor park room.
>>
>>26418832
So you know, all those doctor visits, the changes in my medication affecting my mood and weight were absolute bullshit then?
Oh sorry, I'll just see myself out for what is obviously me making up facts and medical research that has been proven true, whoops!
>being this fucking meme worthy
>not recognising the true scum, trans people and their absurd notion of trying to be a special snowflake
>>
>>26419415
>muh psychologist

already indoctrinated to the cult. opinion invalid.
>>
>>26418832
well this is retarded.

i've done well in school despite ADHD and dyslexia, but i had to work my ass off and find ways to overcome issues i didn't even know i had. wasn't diagnosed til adulthood and im still unmedicated, it just explains why i had such a harder time learning topics and had to study more frequently.

clearly not an issue of discipline.
>>
>>26419315
lol you have no idea what you're talking about. add meds are stimulants. they make you MORE active not less. even the shittiest add med will keep you awake for 48 hours if you overdose
>>
>>26419439

DRAMAQUEEN
R
A
M
Alert
Q
U
E
E
N
>>
Oldfag here. We didn't even have these meme diseases when I was a kid. Lol, at anyone taking them seriously.
>>
I'm inclined to agree with you OP, but I'm not a psychiatrist. I do see one occasionally, however, and she says I have autism and ADHD. I'm taking something called Stratterra now, and I haven't noticed any changes so far. I still can't sleep the whole night through, my social anxiety is worse than ever, I am still depressed, and I still hate every single thing about myself. I don't think medication or therapy can change any of that. I don't think I've made any progress in the past five years.
>>
I work in child care and can see which kids are already hyper as fuck by the age of 3. They dont sit still. Ever. There parents drop them off with smiles knowing that they are free from all the crazy insane shit they do for the next 8 hours. Parents dont want to or know how to help. Blame ---> parents.
>>
>>26419445
>gets through school with hardwork
>"clearly not an issue of discipline"

???
>>
>>26419315

Ovarian cancer affects women more, autism affects men more. This isn't some pharmajew conspiracy, it's just the way things are.

>>26419351

I've never heard mention of cuckolding in relation to that set of diseases. I have heard some fucked up cuckolding stories with depression, bipolar, and some personality disorders though.

Working in mental health will make you hate women really quickly. Women always come in crying about how they like to scratch themselves when they're sad because their favorite tv show isn't on and they don't want to download it or some hamplanet comes in crying about her struggles with eating disorder and is afraid of starving to death from her bulimia. Trivial stuff you almost think is a joke. Men come in with horrible and fucked up stories of being assaulted by family, usually at the direction of a female, or charged with crimes that were never committed, again from a female, any kind of unimaginable cruelty, I've probably heard of a woman doing it to a man.

One client was trying to get his life together, working two jobs, sleeping on a couch with junkie friends while he's recovering from addiction, and his wife calls him while she is fucking another man just trying to hurt him and make his life worse. Naturally she continues to get free housing, food, and healthcare and this guy is doing all he can just to keep up with child support cries in front of me how his wife buys new shit for herself every week while his kids are hungry and he views buying a coke from the vending machine as an unaffordable luxury.

How do you even fix a situation like that? I wanted to suggest he kill her in a horrible way and just accept the prison sentence, it can't be worse than what he's currently living and besides that, if he misses making a payment to her he'd end up in prison anyway.
>>
>>26419445
Lol. How stupid are you? 'Diagnosed' as an adult. Smh at you talking like it is an actual disease. You fucking mark. Kek.
>>
>>26419445
But it was discipline. You had it.
>>
ADD/ADHD aren't real diseases, they're simply ways of labeling personalities which don't fit as well into modern forms of learning. It's not that they aren't disciplined enough, it's that our educational system tries to make one size fit all, and that just doesn't work. ADD is basically a code word for "male child who doesn't learn well in the way we're trying to make him, so we'll string him out on amphetamines instead of pursuing other teaching options"

Dyslexia is a real disorder though.
>>
>>26419478
Do I get a fancy crown or a castle to sit in?
its just annoys me man, that people think that they can choose to be male or female. You have a dick, therefore you are a male. End of story.
>>
>>26419503
oldfag here. we didn't even have cancer and aids when I was a kid. Lol, at anyone taking them seriously.
>>
>>26419529
I've literally attended a lecture at a university where two doctors explained exactly how and why ADD/ADHD is bullshit, and while maybe not exactly a conspiracy, just a massive money making machine unconcerned with the reality of the patients.
>>
>>26419520
That's because nature intended them to work on a farm or fight in the army or something. Not be a student. The only thing that's wrong with them, is their parents expectations. That in a bunch of fake ass 'doctors' and huckster educators selling the parents nonsense.
>>
>>26418832
Yeah, ADD and ADHD are conditions but I don't think they are illness, I think it is evolution which doesn't currently fit well with the current shape of the social norm. (Which definitely is NOT normal behavior in relation to the history of our species, but that's another topic.) I am diagnosed with ADD, even carried it into adulthood and I have to take medication. But the OP clearly has no clue, I have recently joined the ranks of Mensa and I have been an active member of the Air Force for almost 10 years. So OP, educate yourself or please do us a favor and keep working towards that Darwin Award that we all know your close to getting. ;)
>>
>>26418832
You are not the health professional
>>
>>26419603
This guy knows what's up. I'd recommend people in this thread to read The War on Boys by Christina Hoffs Summers, it has sections dealing with how society has fucked over male students massively.
>>
>>26419608
They're neither. They're slap dick acronyms huckerts you to juice stupid parents out of their $.
>>
>>26419458

Have you ever done a stimulant? I've been on them since I was 7. They make you far less active, definitely not more active.

I really don't understand how someone can even question it. Ok so it does shit to the CNS. All I know is when I take it I get very still and silent. It worked that way back then and it still works that way now 19 years later. I have taken two pills before on accident, I wake up and forgot to take one so I take one only for it to fuck me up even more than usual, about twice as much. Fuck if I know how many I actually took, but it felt twice as strong so I assume two.

You don't stay up 48 hours like you say, but it does take longer to wear off. Mostly you just feel shittier the more you take. Maybe it's because my brain formed around them but I can take 10mg adderall and then fall asleep 4 hours later because the main side effect of the come down is sadness and extreme fatigue.
>>
>>26419640
Desperate lazy parents
>>
>>26419598
even perfectly normal people take add meds to boost their performance at work and school
>>
>>26418832
Gee, I wonder if I should trust the scientific consensus of many trained medical professionals or the autistic basement dweller who spends his day shitposting on r9k.
>>
>>26419683
The scientific advice of the guy stuffing his pockets with cash from pharmacorp?
>>
>>26419683
Proud mark. Stay cucked. The world doesn't give two shits about your made up disorder.
>>
>>26419671
Yes, I know. And that's a key part of why ADD is bullshit. One of the biggest parts of the pharmaceutical lobbies proof that ADD is a real problem is that supposedly stimulants effect people with it substantially differently from normal people, but that's simply not true. There are some differences depending on what the people are like, but ultimately the results are mostly the same.
>>
>>26418832
Fuck you OP I have dyslexia and I sucks shit, can't read well, everything I do is slow, people have to repeat at least four times before I actually start getting it, and everyone chooses dyslexia as the stupid disorder. Fuck you this already took me forever to write.
>>
>>26419659
yes, I'm on modafinil and have slept less than 10 hours so far this week, preparing a exam for tomorrow. just taking a break. I woke up today at 6 am after going to bed at 3 am and when my mom saw me she screamed because my eyes were completely red. I have no idea why they're not working for you
>>
>>26419705
No way man. The scientific advice of the therapist who diagnoses everyone who walks through the door.
>>
>>26419683
I've heard trained medical professionals say that ADD/ADHD is largely bullshit. If it is a real condition, at very least it's comically over diagnosed, particularly in the United States. There are many schools where 10% of the male student population has a diagnosis.
>>
>>26419723
I really don't know why he decided to include dyslexia in this. There's room for debate over ADD/ADHD, but it seems like he included dyslexia just to be a dick.
>>
>>26419598

Everyone is a doctor these days. Unless they are an MD or a PhD in something real I would be highly skeptical of what they had to say. Besides that the field of psychiatry and human psychology is rife with controversy. Some people just have an axe to grind. Maybe ADD and ADHD aren't real, and it's some other disease that is treated by stimulants to help with a deficit of attention and hyperactivity. The splitting hairs is up to researchers though. To people in practice should be more concerned with what works instead of coming up with a more agreeable name. Ignoramus, feeble-minded, mentally retarded, person with mental retardation, person with a disorder making them comparatively stupid as fuck but thats ok, it doesn't matter what you call it, a turd by another other name would smell just as bad.
>>
>>26419529
>This isn't some pharmajew conspirac
I never said it was, it's a feminised society thing. Boys being rowdy and not wanting to pay attention in class shouldn't be drugged into compliance. If we did that to adults it'd be a serious crime, but for some reason if there are young boys who aren't naturally suited for our (absolutely shitty) feminised education system, we make them take pills so that square peg can be firmly smashed into a round hole.

>oh here's a young boy who's acting just like boys generally do, he doesn't seem to naturally enjoy our inflexible system of training drones to work for the rest of their lives
>let's just fill him with pills until he's mentally chemically castrated enough so we don't have to put any effort into ensuring he finds a mold he's actually suitable for
>Gee I wonder why girls are doing so much better in school these days
It's fucked up.
>>
>>26419716
>The world doesn't give two shits about your made up disorder.

You sure about that? Pretty sure that ADD is pretty recognized in the world.

You should get out of your mother's basement more often.

>>26419705
>le all doctors are corrupt meme
>>
>>26419736
Im envisioning that Ohpra meme of her giving out shit like its nothing. You get a ADD, and you get a ADHD, and you get an ADHD too.
>>
>>26419777
The main speaker was a woman with a PhD who had extensively studied ADD/ADHD. She had started off on the other side of the issue before actually studying a few schools and the groups of children who had been diagnosed with it, at which point she realized the reality of the situation.
>>
>>26419748
>I've heard trained medical professionals say that ADD/ADHD is largely bullshit

Yeah, and there are biologists who claim that evolution is bullshit. Get real.
>>
>>26419503

The FDA approved methylphenidate in 1955.

1955 was not when you were a kid, so that would mean at the latest you were born in 1937, 1955-18=1937.

Why the hell is a 79+ year old on a messageboard for chinese girl cartoon enthusiasts?
>>
>>26419764
Thanks anon I get pissed when people just shit on dyslexia. Got diagnosed in preschool I then had to leave all the kids to go to special ED with the fucked up kids. Made fun of me for years said it was a joke. The special ED made me take new pills for this shit. Fucked me up don't know how to socialize with regular people because of years in special ED.
>>
>>26419869
>120 year old woman in Quebec is playing with an iPad

There could be people over a century old browsing this website.
>>
>>26419782
I'm a self made millionaire. I never had a gpa above 2.0 . I've been tested, diagnosed and drugged. It's all bullshit. It really is a bunch of hucksters preying on well meaning parents. The qualities that made me a terrible student turned out to be beneficial in business. Academics can't admit this because how else will they continue to sell useless degrees?
>>
>>26419931
>I'm a self made millionaire.
Yea and I am Michael Jackson

At least fake being successful on /biz/ instead of r9k
>>
>>26419782
Yup. Well stated. It's almost to the point that if you want a leadership position in society, you have to dismiss academia. The entire system is setup to create subservient employees not visionary leaders.
>>
>>26419806
That's pretty much how it works. They really do God knows everyone who walks through the door with something. It's no meme.
>>
File: 1455031720667.jpg (63 KB, 599x356) Image search: [Google]
1455031720667.jpg
63 KB, 599x356
>>26418832
i agree OP but noone will believe you.
>>
>>26419952
Believe what you want to.
>>
>>26418832

[citation needed]

notoriginalblox
>>
File: polysleep.png (315 KB, 1281x766) Image search: [Google]
polysleep.png
315 KB, 1281x766
>>26419726

Why do you think it's not working for me? Obviously it is or I wouldn't still be taking them now. There's nothing wrong with a nuerotypical using eugorics and psychostimulants, different drugs of course, but I'm not here to argue semantics and pharmacology with you, but you really should at least read into the risks of using these substances in such a way. I find it hard to believe you will go 96 hours on 3 hours of sleep regularly and not suffer bad consequences.

If you worry sleep is robbing you of too much productivity either get more organized so your time gets more accomplished, or look up polyphasic sleeping. You should be able to go 22 hours a day awake after adjusting.
>>
File: singlemothers_ruining_boys.png (127 KB, 1888x480) Image search: [Google]
singlemothers_ruining_boys.png
127 KB, 1888x480
>>26420004
semi related pic

if you want to destroy an empire without wards just do it from the inside giving women more power. Roman empire fall that way.
>>
>>26419782
Yup. Masculinity doesn't yield subservient cubicle drones.
>>
>>26420004

op and this anon are both dumb, uneducated, anti-intellectual, /pol/ losers.
>>
>>26419791
Kek. Try bringing your ADD up in a job interview. You'll see first hand just how much the world cares.
>>
>>26419782
I'm asking you again, have you ever tried the pills you are criticizing? they don't "castrate" you

girls do better in school for other reasons. it's easier for them to build a social support network since they don't have to compete with each other for male attention. guys are constantly fighting to get female attention (since only the top 10% of males are considered attractive) which causes them stress and makes it harder for them to focus in class. any guy who's considered sub human by girls won't enjoy going to class and he will prefer to stay home

there's also the issue of teachers being mostly women who judge their male students by their looks

this has nothing to do with pharma jews
adderal and the like are actually useful, and I wish you could buy them without a prescription
>>
>>26420040
>Roman empire fall that way.
No.
>>
>>26420037
What's wrong with you, is that you romanticize mental illness. You use ridiculous meme phrases like 'neurotypical'. You're not a special snowflake. Stop gazing at your navel.
>>
>>26420063

>am high functioning autistic
>120-140 IQ

>mention my autism at uni
>get special privilges and provisions
>works in my favor every time
>get extensions
>get to do exams in a quiet room
>get extra help and attention if I ask for it
>all the teachers like and respect me

I don't want to imagine how my life would've turned out if I listened to bitter losers like yourself.
>>
>>26420149
Lol. A student who references his IQ. I said real world.
>>
>>26420037
maybe you should talk to your doctor and try something else? I noly do this when I have exams. when I, not doing anything important I stop taking it
>>
>>26420169

>Lol

looks like I hit a nerve. Stay jelly, mediocre normalfag.
>>
>>26420149
So basically you use a made up disease because you can't compete on an even playing field.
>>
File: 21345678908[98.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
21345678908[98.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>26418832
>mfw some edgelord with no PHD says mental illness is bullshit
>>
>>26420194
Jelly of what ? a retard if you need special treatment to compete?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>26420222
Beliving in the validity of academia in 2016.
>>
>>26420223

>120-140 IQ

>retard

>>26420207
>>26420223

jealous as fuck I'll be making fat stacks in 5-10 years. I ask for a quiet room because of sensory problems and I get extensions simply because I can get them. You'd be the retard not to take advantage of the situation.

>>26420222

trips of truth.

They're either bitter robots or some losers who've done nothing with their lives that drifted in here from /pol/. it's cute watching them squirm.
>>
>>26420084
I don't live in America so no, I didn't have parents who bought into the pharma-culture and filled me with pills.

>girls do better in school for other reasons. it's easier for them to build a social support network since they don't have to compete with each other for male attention
Confirmed for having never attended a school with girls. Girls compete and fight with each other constantly, literally getting into fistfights over guys. They're constantly playing mind games and stabbing each other in the back.

>guys are constantly fighting to get female attention (since only the top 10% of males are considered attractive)
Since when? My entire school life this wasn't the case, the elites got girlfriends and the rest didn't, it wasn't a big deal and other guys didn't make a big deal out of it.

>any guy who's considered sub human by girls won't enjoy going to class and he will prefer to stay home
Only if you're a pussy who spends his entire time obsessing over girls instead of just waiting for the day to end so you can go home.

>there's also the issue of teachers being mostly women who judge their male students by their looks
You really think a female teacher is thinking, "This student is unattractive, I'm going to mark him down."? The problem with mostly female teachers is that they naturally tend to favour the girls, and don't know how to connect with boys as well as male teachers can. Their mental framework of acceptable behaviour is also stuck in a "softly-softly" feminine mindset, so they don't like it when boys act like boys and are more likely want restrictive school rules on how to behave "so everyone feels safe" or some other bullshit reason.

It sounds like you've come to love the pills, sounds like they made you into a good little compliant drone; improved your test scores, made it easier to pay attention in class. Now you're better-placed to participate in society as the feminine academics demand you must.
>>
File: Pollock Greyed Rainbow.jpg (280 KB, 799x599) Image search: [Google]
Pollock Greyed Rainbow.jpg
280 KB, 799x599
>>26419720

It's almost like mental health and mental illness is on a range or continuum, what a novel concept.

>>26419816

>woman
>PhD in unspecified field

Kek, thanks for proving my point. Let me guess, she was an arts student and pissed off because despite being doped up on vyvanse the kids wouldn't pay attention to her shitty attempts at explaining why Jackson Pollock is the greatest artist of all times forever and ever.

>Upon first approaching the painting, the gray color scheme is overwhelming. The painting stands about six foot tall and a few feet wider with strokes that flow straight to the edge of the canvas, seemingly breaching the threshold; the majority of these being contrasting lines of black and white, steadied by a gray background. However, first impressions can be deceiving. Further examination reveals not only that there are a multitude of other colors hiding in the action, but also that neither the white nor the gray turn out to be the exact color that they first appear to be. Rather, the white is a very muted orange, or even a light flesh tone which appears to be plain white when contrasted with the starkness of Pollock's black...
>>
File: letip.jpg (2 KB, 97x125) Image search: [Google]
letip.jpg
2 KB, 97x125
>>26420244

>I don't believe in academia, I have /pol/ to educate me
>>
>>26420257
>jealous as fuck I'll be making fat stacks in 5-10 years. I ask for a quiet room because of sensory problems and I get extensions simply because I can get them. You'd be the retard not to take advantage of the situation.
kek. this half-tard thinks he's going to be successful. You don't get special advantages in real competition dopey.
>>
>>26420207

I'm thinking it's probably more that he wanted those special privileges and provisions. If he's anything like me he doesn't care about competing on a level playing field outside of sports and vidya.

>>26420223

>need

What kind of loser only does something because they need to? Have a little agency for once in your pathetic fucking life.
>>
>>26420299

>y-you're not going to be successful because I said so!

>b-b-btfo!

>h-halftard!

man, I can almost taste the bitterness from here.
>>
>>26420282
lol. Have you been on a college campus recently? Are you aware of the nonsense they spout?

It's perfect for you. They're a safe space for bullshit "diseases' with no physical symptoms or manifestations. So much rhetoric to churn out. College campus are to hucksters what shit is to pigs.
>>
>>26420307
>>need

>What kind of loser only does something because they need to? Have a little agency for once in your pathetic fucking life.

Pretty much my point. I don't *need* the privileges/special treatment, I ask for it simply because I can get it and it gets me an advantage. Why would you not ask for it if you could get it? Like I said, you'd have to be stupid. The only real disadvantage I have is having my senses bombarded constantly but I can easily get around that.

>>26420347

Go back to /pol/ bitter chump. Enjoy spending the rest of your life angry.
>>
>>26420330
Does little half-tard need a quiet space so he doesn't get confused?
>>
>>26420369
>Pretty much my point. I don't *need* the privileges/special treatment, I ask for it simply because I can get it and it gets me an advantage. Why would you not ask for it if you could get it? L

So you're an admitted huckster. Do you cheat at golf too? You must be so proud of yourself.
>>
>>26420347

Autism isn't a diseases, it's a neurological disorder. You've already proven you know nothing about the subject.

>with no physical symptoms or manifestations.

Except there are...

>>26420378

Yeah, quiet places are nice to study in and do your exams. Especially when noises get insanely loud.

I'm really not bothered by your feeble attempt at an insult lol. I know for a fact I'm intellectually superior to you.
>>
>>26420400

Have fun getting no where in life.
>>
File: damagecontrol.jpg (109 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
damagecontrol.jpg
109 KB, 650x650
>>26420378
>>26420400
>>26420299
>>26420223
>>26420169

pic related /thread
>>
>>26420171

Try something else like what? At this point it's gotten so routine I don't think he'd be willing to do anything different. I go in, nurse get's vitals, doctor finally comes in, he immediately writes a prescription, asks a couple assesment questions and some small talk about what I'm doing with life and a how a relative of mine is doing and thne I am sent on my way. I've been on so many drugs I'm just glad to have found something that works, it took a longass time to get here so I"m not in a hurry to go back to running a gauntlet only to add to the list of drugs that are nontherapeutic for me.

It's better you only do it when you have exams. Maybe I'm being intrusive at this point, but try giving yourself twice as many days next time to allow for more sleep. One thing I"ve noticed is that being well rested helps me as much or more than drugs. If I'm sleep deprived then even on my medicine I'm awake, alert, and oriented but am much slower at problem solving, pattern recognition, interpretation, integration, and planning. I've heard some people swear by having a small meal that's about 2:1:1 carb:protein:fat a couple hours before tests but I always felt I performed better in a fasted state. It's worth a shot though.
>>
>>26420261
our schools were very different then, in my hs class none of the girls ever got less than 60% in a exam. the top 5 students were all girls

on the other hand most of the guys regularly got terrible grades and had to retake exams, they were fighting every day trying to get female attention, and the teachers would literally scream at us for no reason

most of the time we didn't even have class, the teachers just sat down to read the newspaper or discuss their personal life with the class. also when the guys started fighting in front of them they would just look away or at most tell them to stop making so much noise. I got beat up and got bruises on my face in front of our civics teacher several times.
>>
>>26420405
>Yeah, quiet places are nice to study in and do your exams. Especially when noises get insanely loud.

What happens in the real world. Will you walk your little half-tard ass out to the car because the office/meeting/client sight is too loud and stressful for lil dopey?
>>
>>26420410
I can win straight up. If you need all that shit, you're probably not good enough to actually compete.
>>
>>26420431
That sounds like something out of the ghetto. My school wasn't even a great school, and there were more than a few all-but-openly feminist teachers who'd blatantly give girls better treatment. Plenty of fights, boys and girls, but almost never in class, generally during lunch and breaks.
>>
Lol, But learning disability hucksters are pretty much just as bad as the mentally ill hucksters. R9k Really is a dumping ground of pathetic losers.
>>
>>26420425
>Try something else like what?
Have you tried being a man instead of a little bitch?
>>
>>26420484
>R9k Really is a dumping ground of pathetic losers.
I agee, yet here you are
>>
File: i tell u want i think about u.gif (2 MB, 196x300) Image search: [Google]
i tell u want i think about u.gif
2 MB, 196x300
>>26420058
u must be fun at partys
>>
File: failsnail.png (95 KB, 1200x1007) Image search: [Google]
failsnail.png
95 KB, 1200x1007
>soccer moms bribe doctors to misdiagnose their kids with ADHD so they can get cocaine derivative pills
>normies conclude ADHD is just a meme due to all the overdiagnosis
>meanwhile my ADHD-PI remains undiagnosed until adulthood
>>
>>26420484
>R9k Really is a dumping ground of pathetic losers.
It's true. They're the worst kind of losers too. They're the arrogant kind, who think they're being very clever by leveraging a made up mental illness or phony learning disability. They honestly believe that if they stomp their feet enough, or run off a long enough stream of pseudo-scientific bullshit, that they will somehow get over on the rest of us and thus be absolved of their responsibilities as an adult. And let's not kid ourselves, there's really only one thing at the core of all this petulant nonsense. It's an attempt to get out of working.
>>
>>26420440

they make these cool autism headphones that shut out the entire aural world around you. I"m tempted to get one since I was dx'd ASD and ADD since childhood the ADA office would allow me to use it.

Anyway, unless he's going ot be a petroleum engineer or something else that involves going out on the field he won't really have to deal with offices or clients.

Actuaries just sit in their little autism nook and beep boop away at numbers for 6 figures. Most white collar jobs try to keep things comfortable and quiet though. I work in medical and even though it's a noisy ass field the telemetry, dictation, medical records, and other places are expected to be kept quiet. Surgery is a lot louder than you'd expect though. My hospital has one surgeon who blasts metal the whole time. I don't believe I could do it. I'd want silence or white noise. That's why I'm not a surgeon though. Fuck high pressure jobs. Why do that when there are so many better options out there? Surgeon really only works if you're a psychopath who wants to cut people open and go around tooting his own horn all day and night long. Cockiest sons of bitches in the whole world.
>>
>>26420482
one time during class the girls were talking about sex and the teacher who was texting instead of teaching joined the conversation. they started talking about their first sexual experience

they all lost their virginity in primary school to guys in their early 20s
the teacher agreed with them saying its better for a girl to lose it to an older more experienced guy
>>
>>26420643
kek. spoken like a true student.
>>
>>26418832
>tfw dyslexic
Love reading and writing, never had a problem with either besides a few jumbled words 80% of the illness manifested in short-term memory problems

OP confirmed for knowing more than the United Nations, the American health foundation and every study of brain chemistry and its deviations. To be in a thread with this god of gods is a honour and pleasure
>>
Doing a presentation on this senpai a lam. ADHD is absolutely a real disorder.

What it boils down too, is that people with ADHD have deficits in executive function and an impairment in their prefrontal lobe. This brain region is responsible for short term memory, impulse control, impulsive more activities and directing focus. There are called executive functions.

ADHD people also fall into one of three subtypes of "PI" (Primarily Innatenative), "PH" (Primarily Hyperactive) and "C" (combined).

Each subtype has unique features that should be fairly obvious. To receive a diagnosis of ADHD the patient needs to display 6/8 unique cardinal symptoms over a course of 6-months with references from professionals and guardian's (if applicable). These tests also have to rule out another mental impairment.

What's more, ADHD people often are misunderstood as their disorder isn't just in their focus or actions. Often they have sleep problems because they are prone to "impulsive thoughts", which they are unable to calm down or dispel. They have minds that are constantly flittering from one thing to another with no serious interest, but is entirely compulsive. Many also struggle with kinetic tracking and Motion, and can often be " clumsy" "impaired" or "uncoordinated". Sometimes motor therapy is even needed.

This is also an impairment in academic life. Because the demand for executive functioning ramps up as we get older (and by result progress in education), school is a major area where the disorder is caught, usually with help from teachers. They will perform poorly in school, completely forget assignments, and overall derive very little from almost all subjects (even some that pique their interests). Not to mention the " PH" and "C" subtypes are highly active and impulsive in an environment that discourages these behaviors.

ADHD is a very real disorder, but it's also very misunderstood by the public and very over diagnosed.
>>
Every dumb ass in the world is a "dyslexic" these days. You can spew out all the acronyms you want; it won't make you any quicker.
>>
>>26420656
If true, sounds like the entire culture of your school was set up to fuck over boys. A school like that should be fucking shut down and the teachers deregistered.
>>
>>26420725
>ADHD is absolutely a real disorder.
>What it boils down too, is that people with ADHD have deficits in executive function and an impairment in their prefrontal lobe.

Bwahahah. Stopped reading right there. Complete an utter unproven meme pseudo-science.
>>
>>26420515

You mean like hormone replacement therapy? Officially, no. I have done a couple cycles of 500mg test e/week though.

I enjoyed it but I didn't get the constant euphoria and shit like others mention. I gained some weight and got stronger, but mentally there was little extra going on. I know it wasn't bunk either because I had labs drawn.

Anyway that's really beyond the scope of what my family health doctor does. Maybe an anti-aging clinic would work, but a legit endocrinologist refuses to write an rx even if you're 80ng/dL. It's hardly worth doing with supraphysiological levels. It's a waste of time if all you get is 150mg/wk. Maybe I'm just a poor responder. I want to add dbol and tren to my next round.
>>
>>26420725
Omg. Smh. Do you believe in phrenology too?
>>
>>26420753
>Established neuroscience and brain scans are bs

Okay that's cool man.
>>
>>26420778
god millennials really are cucked beyond all repair.
>>
>>26420553

Cocaine is still approved for use in dentistry, but it's never used anymore except by maybe the last few centenarian dentists still in practice.

Cocaine derivatives aren't used to treat ADD/ADHD though. Lidocaine and shit like that are used for local anesthesia.
>>
>>26420806
They are. In terms of psychological conditions, there is no real evidence that the brain scans pick up anything other than the medication being used to treat the "disorder'. Nothing has been proven. It all theories/studies. FACT. But don't let that get in the way of you spreading bullshit.

It's unbelievable what a cabal the psychology industry is. They're the new Scientologists.
>>
>>26420863
>It's unbelievable what a cabal the psychology industry is. They're the new Scientologists.

That's what psychology ultimately is. It doesn't cure anyone. Never has. What it really is, from academia, the Big Pharma, to the therapist's couch, is a self-protecting racket, that exploits the unknowable, in the same way religion does.
>>
>>26420809

How so?

I actually think it's pretty neat how we have access to so much technology, information, and drugs. It doesn't even end with what's been approved. There are communities dedicated to unproven drugs and cutting edge research chemicals, and even people digging up pharmaceutical relics and drugs that were passed up on because they were either seen as just a novelty or inferior to a newer drug or building EEG machines in their basement.

I think it's the people from before who were cucked. They didn't have nearly the drugs and information we have now. You want to check blond glucose? We have accurate devices smaller than a pager. Speaking of pagers, what a fucking joke. My smartphone can send text, audio, and video back and forth in real time with someone anywhere on the globe as long as we both have a charged battery and internet connectivity.

I'm actually kind of jealous of the people who were playing with smartphones and tablets before they could read or even walk. I imagine my life would have been much better if I had gotten dial-up even just a couple years earlier than I did. I know old people think it's cool to shit on kids with their fancy gadgets, but I am at least hopeful that it will have a positive impact on them as adults. They really are given a lot more than I was at their age. I think I"m pretty great, but I didn't grow up with tech like they did.
>>
>>26418832
Eddie the edge lord over here.
>>
>>26420863
Wat

This is just blatantly false. Scans CANNOT be used to diagnose conditions, but they are studied in various conditions and can reveal damaged tissue/tissue deficits. Look up brain activity for schizophrenics. It's wild.

>>26420991
psychologist =/= psychiatry

Psychologists do not prescribe pills. God damn.
>>
>>26418832
>dyslexia
Isn't dyslexia actually just leaving out words and letters?
I don't have much of a problem with it reading but with math and programming I tend to leave out a lot of shit out.
>>
>>26420991

I don't think you understand what psychology is. Psychology is nothing more than the study of behavior. It has little to do with drugs.

It would make more sense for you to be railing against the field of chemistry. Never mind that it's the study of energy, matter, composition, and reaction at an atomic and molecular level.

Science is nothing more than a method. It can be used in a way you may not agree with, but are coloring books evil just because I like to throw them at old ladies?

Psychology is actually pretty cool. It doesn't take much effort to make it seem evil. Forced swims, tail suspension, sleep deprivation, aversive electric stimulation, and that's just with mice. They strap monkeys down to be raped or fuck up their socialization just to watch the fucked up mothers eat their children, or see how sad a monkey can get if you take it's surrogate mother away and chase it with a scary monster. You're focused on irrelevant bullshit like pharmacy, therapy, and religion.
>>
Dyslexia is legit though. It's pretty hard to live with when half your job is reading little tickets and making what they say.
>>
>>26420863

>Theories/studies

Literally everything is. There is no such thing as a FACT, at least in the way that you are probably using the word.
>>
>>26421022
>Wat
>This is just blatantly false. Scans CANNOT be used to diagnose conditions, but they are studied in various conditions and can reveal damaged tissue/tissue deficits. Look up brain activity for schizophrenics. It's wild.
Nope. Not false. No definitive proof. If you read into it, they actually have no idea what, if anything, they're seeing, and definitely don't know what any of it means.

Personally, I think they never will.
>>
>>26421157
>Psychology is nothing more than the study of behavior.
Meant psychiatry. Sorry. Using android voice to text.
>>
>>26421003
Given the sheer narcissism and entitlement that technology has facilitated, its influence is definitely not benign.

Social media is possibly one of the most cancerous memes to hit our culture and has fuelled the creation of safe spaces, political echo chambers, and social justice witch hunts. All this has its practical uses, but people generally don't use it for that, they use it for their own retarded social shit because this technology manipulates those primal social urges in exchange for corporations harvesting your info.
>>
>>26421468
>Personally, I think they never will
Despite never once in history having cured any of the disorders they themselves made up....psychiatrists will never admit that. Because: $$$$.
>>
Are you a scientologist?
>>
>>26421571
Scientologists lost all their juice. At this point they probably look upon what psychiatry/academia gets away with, green with envy. Those guys really know how circling wagons in 21st century works.
>>
>>26420641
all of this. it's hilarious that the typical r9k 'robot' thinks they're all hip and anti-establishment, yet they swallow all this horseshit lock, stock and barrel.

the little failures will believe anything to externalize their failures.
>>
>>26421571
To be fair, calling out mental illnesses as fraudulent nonsense, is the one thing scientologists got right.
>>
>>26421468
Thank you. These freaks dig up more junk science than a tumblrina trying to prove 'trans' is a real thing.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.