[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what was the most underrated vidya of your childhood /r9k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: original.jpg (368 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
368 KB, 1920x1080
what was the most underrated vidya of your childhood /r9k/?

medievil was the shit for me, no one else had heard of it but it was my favourite of all my childhood games
>>
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Also, basically every game.
>>
File: biDFHU0.gif (967 KB, 270x252) Image search: [Google]
biDFHU0.gif
967 KB, 270x252
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XnUHAX5-o
>>
File: Jersey_Devil_PSX.jpg (59 KB, 494x500) Image search: [Google]
Jersey_Devil_PSX.jpg
59 KB, 494x500
>>26267648
> made by sony
> trailer on the official demo
> good reviews
> sequel and later a PSP game
one of my favs, but its hardly underrated..

i gotta say jersey devil. it came out pretty early on PS1 and reviews more or less slammed it for its flaws, but the FEEL of the game was incredible - every stage has tons of great ideas snuck into them that you don't expect, the music was amazing, they avoided "generic tropes" to make the world and every aspect of it really interesting.. the world and characters are unique and it has a dark night-time/creepy/absurd atmosphere that wasn't really used in 3D platformers then..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQPru3zFDd4
>>
>>26267679
oh shit, this game was brilliant, thanks for reminding me anon
>>
> tfw britbong
> tfw u get the magazine + demo every month
> tfw you bring it to school and all get hype for every new games
> tfw stay up all night exploring every inch of every level
> tfw trade memory cards with friends
> tfw "in MGS enemies can see your footprints!"
> tfw oblivious to the industry, money.. just love vidya
> tfw games become generic clones to you
> tfw you've played it all
> tfw you don't feel the hype anymore
> tfw your friends grow up, get married, have kids
> tfw the thing you could always depend on fades away
> tfw imagination is dead and you're stuck in reality
> tfw you browse r9k now instead

anyone know this feel?
>>
>>26267895
Sounds like the average /v/ faggot. No way have you played them all. Quit being so jaded.
>>
>>26267648
MediEvil wasn't underrated, it was praised by everyone, what you're looking for is "hidden gem" term but still, it was pretty well known, just not to your friends

>>26267895
> tfw oblivious to the industry, money.. just love vidya

this I miss the most
>>
>>26267895
Ah Fuck You Leather Man
>>
>>26268015
da fuq is leather man?
>>
>>26267998
>no one else had heard of it it in my area

learn to read anon
>>
>>26267648
Almost all text-based games and MUDs. I really liked Nightmist back in 2000; it was fun as hell.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.