[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when Moot took this place away from us? Were any of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1453336901925.jpg (234 KB, 1125x1047) Image search: [Google]
1453336901925.jpg
234 KB, 1125x1047
Remember when Moot took this place away from us? Were any of you even here?
>>
Yeah. I even posted on the chon for a couple years.
>>
I was perturbed since r9k at that time was one of a kind as a general board that you could actually discuss a wide variety of interesting topics without them 404ing in 5 minutes, but then boards like /sci/, /pol/, /lit/ and eventually /his/ were created and r9k was left totally devoid of intellectual posters and topics.

The people who filled the vacuum where the whiny faggots who were attached to r9k as a place to vent their boring facebookesque frustrations and blog about inane bullshit. So when r9k came back it was worse than ever, and amazingly it has degraded even worse from those days because of a enormous influx of teenaged redditors who came here for the "dank memes" and stayed to blog about their highschool feels.

I miss when this place actually felt like a tight-knit community with its own wide variety of topics, tripfags, and posters. Instead of a sprawling garbage dump for rejects who get told to fuck off from other boards for being cancerous frogposters and blogposting faggots.
>>
>>26235737
Why are you here then, anon?
>>
nah I was still on reddit and i funny I wasn't old enough to be here yet :D
>>
It should happen again
>>
>>26235737
this man speaks the truth, moot should never have brought this place back. It's practically a containment board now.
>>
>>26235737
This place was /b/lite/ without the spam from the start, arcanine was never good.
>>
>>26235582
>took this place away
>this place
>us
No he didn't you stupid fuck. He just renamed it /soc/, and a little bit later gave (You) /lgbt/. What the hell is your problem? Literally the only reason there was a new r9k was that a tiny, tiny handful of guys wanted a place specifically for greentext stories, which r9k never was in the first place. If you were here you were most likely a fag or someone who needed high school advice.
>>
I was ten at the time
>>
Yeah I remember when there were a lot of random topic threads mixed in with tfwnogf and greentext your day stuff. Was ok. Also posted on the chon when for a few years. Probably my fondest internet memories desu.
>>
>>26235737
>I miss when this place actually felt like a tight-knit community

That's probably just nostalgia.
It would've remained so if it really was.
>>
>>26235737
Moot being a big baby and deleting it only to bring it back is what ensured /arcanines/ death, i didnt post on ye old9k but i did lurk one or two threads sometimes, surprised by how normal the posters were, and how wimmin posted without having 20+ thirsty replies. moot actually advertised the board which is how i even knew it existed, maybe that was a source for it's death. he was hoping it would get bombed by randoms some more so he'd feel justified in ending it. maybe he wanted to kill it before it got run into the ground, which is what actually destroyed any chance of /r9k/'s community ever bouncing back to what it once was.

You actually have moot to thank for killing your board tbqhwyf
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.