[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here have PTSD? >Are you self or professionally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: ptsd_brain1.png (655 KB, 705x513) Image search: [Google]
ptsd_brain1.png
655 KB, 705x513
Anyone else here have PTSD?

>Are you self or professionally diagnosed?
>What caused it?
>do you think youre overcoming it?
>Do you think you ever will?
>What is the worst part about it for you?
>How severe is it?
>Whats the biggest impact it has had on your life?

PTSD thread lads
>>
Professionally.
>What caused it?
Being accused of rape and stalking by this one girl in high school, and the amount of bullying I experienced as a result. Including a group of gang members at the school regularly pinning me down in corners where there were no teachers around and doing... things. I remember it all quite vividly.
Not sure if I should.
Way too afraid to be around women, even as friends. Sometimes resulting in having to head to the bathroom to puke out of fear, and locking myself in it for up to two hours until my panic attack subsides.
>How severe is it?
See above. One incident resulting in me slitting my wrists in the bathroom at my college (I used to carry a knife on me for protection), and waking up in the hospital.
I just get lonelier and lonelier as time goes on.
>>
>>26179454
Damn, that sucks. Did you have to go to trial or anything?

Professionally recently after strongly suspecting/knowing for years
>What caused it?
Years of sexual abuse as a child
Not really at the moment
I hope so, but im pretty pessimistic
foreshortened sense of future. Since i was probably about 8 i havent been able to see a future for myself, not actively wanting to kill myself but just kind of assuming i would at some point. also completely unable to achieve intimacy with anyone (not just sexual)
>How severe is it?
I don't get big panic attacks or 'triggered' (fuck tumblr for ruining that word) by stuff, other than kind of dissociating slightly i guess, but i can function when like that
Probably the lack of future and intimacy thing. I can never apply myself to anything, procrastinate over stuff etc., and find it hard to make friends or speak to people i dont know. I would like a relationship but feel like ill never be able to have one, which is depressing
>>
>>26179519
>Did you have to go to trial or anything?
No, it was just a rumour started by a girl I tried to ask out. The most that happened was the principle trying to get my side of the story. But other than that, no action was taken aside from mob justice by my peers.
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 960x960
professionally
>What caused it?
i have 2 types, I experience ptsd from a car accident and from physical parental abuse
yes.
yes.
being in cars. always. it used to be a lot worse, but I've gotten to the point where I can be in a car without puking out of fear
>How severe is it?
less severe now
the parental abuse caused my depersonalization/derealization which is caused by ptsd which has had a huge impact on my life and childhood that I will never forgive my dad for.
>>
>>26179544
That's awful. Did the principle believe you? How long ago was it?
>>
Also, how did you get your professional diagnosis? Did you go in and say you have PTSD, or did you let them figure it out? The reason it took me so long to be professionally diagnosed was because i was worried that if i went to the doctor i would be diagnosed with something else
>>
>>26179390
complex ptsd and diagnosed by my psychiatrist
was abused when i was a little kid
no, i dont think im overcoming it, probably wont ever.
The worst part of me is I have not achived anything with my life, I have never worked, I only sponge off my parents and the government, I hate myself
it comes and goes, anytime I maintain a semblance of balance and normality in my life I fuck up and regress, this is the story of my life.

It ruined my life
>>
>>26179613
>Did the principle believe you?
They decided not to take sides on the issue.
>How long ago was it?
Almost ten years.
>>
>I have PTSD because muh parents and muh sexual relations
This really is reverse tumblr.
>>
>>26179677
That's shitty, i feel like not choosing sides in that situation is kind of automatically choosing her side.

>>26179707
what?
>>
>>26179519
>foreshortened sense of future. Since i was probably about 8 i havent been able to see a future for myself, not actively wanting to kill myself but just kind of assuming i would at some point. also completely unable to achieve intimacy with anyone (not just sexual)

Totally get you, I had the exact same dilemma. Especially what not having a sense of any future self does to planning. I only started getting better when I went into a kind of shock after realising 6 months ago that either my life was going to get better or I may as well kill myself because it was already too far gone for me to stand getting worse. Sorry if that sounds harsh, just want you to know it can be turned around.
>>
>>26179830
Thanks, that's encouraging that you managed to turn it around.

I'm trying to at the moment because logically i can see that, but i still cant visualise a future. So i'm enrolled in university now and always manage to pass assignments and exams but still procrastinate until the very last minute, so i always do worse than i feel that I would if i didnt have to deal with this.
>>
I don't have PTSD, I've only been diagnosed with major depressive disorder.
The people I've met with PTSD have all been war veterans. It seems like it can be a very detrimental psychological issue.
>>
>>26179817
Choosing no sides is basically keeping yourself out of hot water and trying to be fair to everyone. They wouldn't be able to do a thing about the mob justice, which was real tragedy here.
>>
>>26179898
>I don't have PTSD, I've only been diagnosed with major depressive disorder.
If you want to get it off your chest you can still talk here, if you want.

>>26179947
I see what you mean, I just think that if there is no investigation and everyone else was clearly taking her side it isnt really remaining neutral. But I can see why the principle would do it to not incriminate himself by being seen to defend the wrong person etc
>>
this thread deserves to be bumped
>>
this thread deserves another bump
>>
>>26179390
don't think i have ptsd but i often will randomly think about some cringey shit i did/said and then throw the nearest object to me as hard as i can
>>
>>26179984
>If you want to get it off your chest you can still talk here, if you want.
Thanks, but there's not a lot of good talking will do for me.
I will say that I have been on mirtazapine lately and it's by far the best prescription anti-depressant I've ever been on. Fairly effective and no side effects, which is the worst part of SSRI's, SNRI's and tricyclic antidepressants.

If you want to actually fight depression, though, drugs that are NMDA receptor antagonists work amazingly well at nearly eliminating all of the problems of depression with 1 dose for anywhere between a day and 6 months depending on the drug and the person. They're currently being studied for pharmaceutical use but because of their recreational value it's going to be a very weak one if it ever makes it out of trials and onto the market.

NMDA antagonists are drugs like PCP, ketamine, nitrous, methoxetamine. There's a lot of RC ones out there but they have unknown long-term side effects.
>>
Hey senpai, old fag with military related PTSD checking in, man its such a bitch but keep moving on, I hope the best for you all
>>
>Are you self or professionally diagnosed? professionally
>What caused it? molested when I was 9. Then when I was 18 I was raped by my cousin (took my virginity).
>do you think youre overcoming it? I'm trying.
>Do you think you ever will? Probably not.
>What is the worst part about it for you? I suffer with agoraphobia and self harm, major depression, tolerable anxiety, yet I still can't bring myself to be comfortable around people in public or get/keep a job.
>How severe is it? Bad
>Whats the biggest impact it has had on your life? SEE ABOVE.. The only thing that makes me able to go out and do things is pretending that it never happened.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.