[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I JUST FUCKING TURNED 18 TODAY, WHAT THE FUCK. >I DON'T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: 1453091316366.png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1453091316366.png
293 KB, 633x758
I JUST FUCKING TURNED 18 TODAY, WHAT THE FUCK.
>I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MANAGE A BANK ACCOUNT (I DON'T EVEN HAVE ONE)
>I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FUCKING PAY BILLS
>MY RESUME IS COMPLETE SHIT
>I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I EVEN WANT TO GET AN EDUCATION IN
>I DON'T EVEN KNOW MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
>I HAVEN'T ACCOMPLISHED SHIT THROUGHOUT MY HIGH SCHOOL YEARS
>I HAVE NEVER SUCH MUCH AS EVEN HELD HANDS WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX
>ALL MY FRIENDS FUCKING GRADUATED EARLY, LIKE A YEAR BEFORE ME
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, I LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. I'M NOT PREPARED TO BE AN ADULT.
SUICIDE IS THE ONLY VIABLE OPTION AT THIS POINT.
>>
>>25877336
>>I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MANAGE A BANK ACCOUNT (I DON'T EVEN HAVE ONE)
You get money, that money goes to your account
>>I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FUCKING PAY BILLS
Get a debit card when you get a bank account and use that to pay
>>MY RESUME IS COMPLETE SHIT
You're 18, everyone your age has a shit resume
>>I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I EVEN WANT TO GET AN EDUCATION IN
No one does at 18
>>I DON'T EVEN KNOW MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
Ask your mom
>>I HAVEN'T ACCOMPLISHED SHIT THROUGHOUT MY HIGH SCHOOL YEARS
Most people don't, that's why they go crazy in college
>>I HAVE NEVER SUCH MUCH AS EVEN HELD HANDS WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX
That doesn't matter
>>ALL MY FRIENDS FUCKING GRADUATED EARLY, LIKE A YEAR BEFORE ME
Your fault for not grouping with people the same age as you

You're 18 you still have years until you have to become an actual adult
>>
Just buy a shit ton of booze and get fucked up.
>>
File: 1451781165855.png (14 KB, 635x773) Image search: [Google]
1451781165855.png
14 KB, 635x773
>>25877382
>Your fault for not grouping with people the same age as you
Graduated early, as in they got full credits early.
>>
>>25877382

follow what this anon said.

Next write down on a notepad file all this bullshit you just typed here and whatever else you feel. Save that file to somewhere on your computer and then go about your life. When you turn 21, open that file and re-read it. By then you'll literally facepalm at how fucking stupid you were back then and how angsty you felt. No matter how sane you think you are now, you're not. You're just a dumbass teenage who hasn't realized that almost no one else has their shit together. All being a young adult is about is making everything up as you go along and just trying to figure out what works.
>>
I'm in a similar situation OP and I'm 19. The only advantage I have over you is the fact I know my SSN, and I also have a bank account with $350, more than half of it being money from student loans. It's not that bad, and you don't need a resume yet if you go for minimum wage or entry-level jobs. A bank account is pretty easy to make, you can literally just walk into the bank and ask for one, they'll take you to a room, explain clearly how it works, give you a manual when you're finished, and send you your PIN and a debit card. If you want to get an education but don't know what you want to be, you can actually just sign up as "undeclared" and just take general education requirements until you decide on a major. Accomplishing anything throughout your high school years is overrated. All I got for my straight A grades was a $200 scholarship and the ability to skip Calculus 1 in college.
>>
File: anicepictureoffubuki.jpg (43 KB, 565x800) Image search: [Google]
anicepictureoffubuki.jpg
43 KB, 565x800
>>25877382
Not OP but thank you for this.
I constantly fear for my future at the ripe age of 21 and I fear that this semester I won't be able to take a course I need to take. I fear that I won't able to pull myself away from this life of poverty that I've been in.
I guess sometimes you just have to sit back and take it one day at a time instead of scrambling around and worrying all about it.

>>25877492
Thank you too mang, I'm trying to do things to benefit me, but all this worrying and fearing about being stuck and not moving forward has bogged me down.

I guess I should take a breather and focus on getting a job for now and going to school when I have good money to. Besides this last class is the only thing I need to do before I can transfer to an actual Uni
>>
Wait, wait wait, OP!

You went to SCHOOL, right? So you're fine.

Except for the fact that school is a prison where you go to learn useless trivia and bullshit instead of how to actually function as an adult...

Get to educating yourself OP. The last decade or so of your life in public school was pretty much wasted and a good portion of what you were taught isn't even true.
>>
yeah well I'm 21 and I'm pretty much in the same situation, plus I have a DUI on my record on top of all that so I'm double fucked. I want to kill myself too but I know I'll never do it. Life is hell, you better get used to the idea my candy assed friend.
>>
>>25878187

By the way if you go to college, your professors will spend MONTHS teaching you how 50% give or take of what your teachers taught you was false.

And they'll take a lot of glee in it!

"Well, you might've heard it was like that in school, but really it's like this!"
>>
>>25877382
what this anon said. Don't make yourself anxious because you don't have life figured out at 18.
>>
make sure the rope is nice and thick, anon. have fun
>>
>>25877336
Well crafted bait
>>
>>25878597
People really do stress over dumb stuff like this when they're young, that's why people kill themselves in university when it's literally easy as fuck because they can't deal with any type of stress
>>
should of went to HomeEd faggot.
>>
>>25878652
Should of not been a tripfag, faggot
>>
This is why Life Skills needs to be a required class
>>
>>25878730
Runescape taught more than enough life skills, OP was just too young to play it
>>
>People are actually this fucking stupid.
Yeah, you probably should end it, anon.
>>
File: 1449104170451.jpg (8 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1449104170451.jpg
8 KB, 325x325
>>25877422
wtf kinda highschool do you go to where that's normal. Dude you're 18. That's generally the age people leave highschool at. Get a grip, You're fine. Did you get into college?
>>
>>25877336
>>25877382
this anon got it

also to get a bank account just go to the bank and ask to open a account

everyone is feels like this at 18 ,
>>
>>25878778
Cont. Everyone here saying all 18 yo's feel like that must have been dumb too. Seriously, get your shit together and quit bitching.
>>
I'm 24 and all those things. Relax.
>>
>>25878771
hello...? im 19 and have been playing runescape for over 10 years and the cape for it.... aint that old-tier of a game, friendo
but yah its true, even runescape taught me more life skills than school ever did.
>>
>>25877336

Start by getting a bank account. Managing it is just a matter of not wasting your money on stupid shit.

Paying bills is easy as fuck. There's a phone number on your bill that you can call. You'll either get an automated system or talk to a rep, but either way, you just give them your info and debit card number and that's it.

There's plenty of tutorials on the internet on how to write a decent resume. Just google that shit.

Not accomplishing anything during high school doesn't mean shit, so don't sweat it. High school is 4 years out of your life, and has very little to do with how the rest of your life goes. Just graduate and you'll be fine.

You have plenty of time to get a girlfriend. Being a virgin at 18 is not a big deal at all. Seriously.. It's not.

If you still live with your parents, then chill the fuck out and take it one step at a time. Have them help you, for fuck's sake.
>>
LMFAO this guy doesn't know any of this stuff at 18????????????????? didn't you read the manual?
>>
>>25877382
>You're 18, everyone your age has a shit resume
>No one does at 18
Presumptuous loser.
>>
>>25877336

I'm 21 and dropped out of college three times now.

protip: before you commit on school, check yourself before you wreck yourself
>>
>>25878187
>>25878540
Somebody doesn't get how education is structured.
>>25878730
Why? Do promote your ideology?
>>
>>25877336
>>I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MANAGE A BANK ACCOUNT (I DON'T EVEN HAVE ONE)
You just manage and keep track of what you buy. It isn't even that hard.
>I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FUCKING PAY BILLS
Bill comes in, you send check to them. Most of the time they include a special kind of check to fill out and send.
>MY RESUME IS COMPLETE SHIT
Get a job for more than 3 months.
>I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I EVEN WANT TO GET AN EDUCATION IN
Something that interests you. Don't have an interest? Search for something you think you might like.
>I DON'T EVEN KNOW MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
Look at your card.
>I HAVE NEVER SUCH MUCH AS EVEN HELD HANDS WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX
And?
>ALL MY FRIENDS FUCKING GRADUATED EARLY, LIKE A YEAR BEFORE ME
You spend too much time worrying about your friends. Worry about yourself.

You're on the internet with fucking endless amounts of information literally at your fingertips and you faggots just use it to complain and laugh at frogs.
>>
>>25879002

This is true. I dropped out 3 times by the time I was 23.

If you don't know what you want to do, then wait until you figure it out. College is expensive as fuck if you're in the states, so if you need to take a year to figure out what it is you'd like to do, you probably should.
>>
>>25879032
>Bill comes in, you send check to them. Most of the time they include a special kind of check to fill out and send.

>Using checks

Just call their automated hotline and use your debit card, grandma.
>>
>>25878618
>in university when it's literally easy as fuck
fuck you nigger it's not easy
if I had a job I could play vidya and sleep without worrying, but no, I had to go to university and I have to constantly worrow about tomorrow and sometimes take an all-nighter to study
>>
>You're on the internet with fucking endless amounts of information literally
at your fingertips and you faggots just use it to complain and laugh at frogs

This. You could learn all the things in the OP if
just were productive for 20 minutes. Other than that, quit bitching.
>>
File: 1341385200331.jpg (157 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1341385200331.jpg
157 KB, 500x375
>>25879068
>Wanting the government to track your spending
>>
>>25879087
>worrow about tomorrow and sometimes take an all-nighter to study

learn to manage your time you fucktard.
>>
>>25879115

Yeah, I don't care if the government sees that I've paid my bills.
>>
>>25879146
not everyone is a genius you little shit, some people have to actually put in some effort
>>
>>25879115
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_ZMwtdjBU
>>
OP you still have time to do something with your life

you shouldn't seriously consider suicide until you're at least 25
>>
>>25879174
You will when Bernie Sanders becomes president.
>>
>>25878984
99% of 18 year old's resumes just include retail or fast food part time jobs with the other 1% being child actors
>>
>>25879087
You're going to end up killing yourself when you get to the real world and you have to actually learn now to manage your time, university has so much downtime in between classes that it's hilarious
>>
>>25879366
Resumes can be beyond work experience, you know.

My girlfriend is 16 and hers is mostly referential to her years in ballet.
>>25879391
>real world
gud ideology
>>
>>25879188
I'm not denying that I've gotten pretty good grades
throughout my life, BUT I fucking earned them.
Smart people don't have it as easy as you think, we put in just as much effort.
>>
File: 1453103121158.jpg (98 KB, 640x712) Image search: [Google]
1453103121158.jpg
98 KB, 640x712
>>25879411
>My girlfriend
bloxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.