[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you want to work really hard and become /fit/ but so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
>tfw you want to work really hard and become /fit/ but some people say it helps and some people say it doesn't

Well which is it?

Also bonus video, I feel like this would be my experience: http://youtu.be/wPRaxcgLClI
>>
>>25791156
do it for your health!

in all honesty attracting the opposite sex will come down more to the confidence rather than the looks as that will raise you a couple points anyway
>>
a good face is more important but it does help a little
>>
>>25791181
>>25791193
It's weird, sometimes I act like a little bitch, but others I do great yet STILL get rejected. Just this past week, I was confident and funny and this girl in my class (I'm an 18 year old high school senior, not underage) was having fun too. Then, the second I ask her out it's as if she remembered I'm not attractive, then she stopped making eye contact when she came up with an excuse as to why she can't. Now I know she was lying because earlier she said "yeah I'm just gonna be lazy all weekend" but suddenly when I ask her she has to go to someone's birthday party, and she has a million things to do at once, blah blah blah, and also the avoiding eye contact made it extra obvious she wasn't telling the truth.

Now, I feel like my confidence helped but I got cock-blocked by the fact that I'm unnatractive, but I'm still not sure. Maybe someone with more experience than me can analyze this situation? This tends to happen a lot to me.
>>
Damn this thread isn't going very far.
>>
>>25791299
well how long did you know her? if i was only for a couple weeks thats where you fucked up. only Chads can jump in on shit like that. Atleast be friends for a couple months and then go for it. maybe then she'll know something about you instead of the weird guy who asked me out that time.
>>
>>25791802
I mean I've tried that before with other girls. When I know them too long they just see me as a friend and they actually get a bit pissed off that I'm asking them because they think the whole thing was me "tricking" them to get into their pants.

For this girl, I knew her a bit at the beginning of the school year (August 2015). She and I were on opposite groups for a debate (I was in the Patriots and she was in the Loyalists side). I made her, and the whole class, laugh with some witty comebacks in my rebuttals. Occasionally, I'd make small talk with her throughoit the year and she always had a happy vibe, so she never gave any "fuck off" hints until I asked her out yesterday.

For the first semester, she and I sat on opposite sides of the room so I never got to have much of a chance to have an excuse to talk to her (fucking assigned seating. What is this, middle school?) This semester though, the seats were moved and she sits behind me diagonally. I talk to her a bit more, and this week we were paired up for an assignment because the girl next to me was absent. I make her laugh, a lot, and we get to know each other, though I make sure she does most of the talking (girls seem to love to talk about themselves lel). I mean, it gets to the point where we have our own little inside jokes about fucking political cartoons (which is what the project was about), I'm even surprised myself by how quickly I'm able to get to know some people now because this used to take me months to to get to a stage like this.
>>
>>25791299
Damn, I've had similar stuff happen to me through high school.
>>
>>25791156
Being fit does help,but unless you are totally shredded and have a not ugly face don;t expect drastic changes.

Getting fit is more important than being fit. You can pick up a lot of cool hobbies on the path to some fitness goals, often people become more interested in their hobbies than on achieving an aesthetic ideal.

If I could give advice to my high school self it would not be start lifting and get shredded. I would say learning to cook and eating right combined with reading literature (with some nonfiction related to interests) are better for self improvement.
>>
>>25791299
>girl in my class (I'm an 18 year old high school senior, not underage) was having fun too.
why do you think she had fun?
what is id you are an absolutely boring fuck?
>>
>>25792921
Thanks, I should probably start exercising for health anyway though. I'll try and pick up a few hobbies I guess.
>>
>>25792956
>what is id you are an absolutely boring fuck?
What are you trying to say here?

Anyway, body language. She was laughing and made genuine eye contact. She seemed really into the conversation and was smiling a lot. We made inside jokes, and when the teacher was going over the presentations the next day, we looked over at each other and laughed a bit because something he said reminded us about an inside joke.
If she was having a bad time, then she had a terrible way of showing it.
>>
>>25792956
>what is id you are an absolutely boring fuck?
Wut
>>
>>25793126
>start exercising for health anyway though
Probably a good idea. You don't need to work out much to experience most health benefits. Also consider joining some kind of group while exercising if you feel like you need to develop socially.
>>
>>25791181
>implying going to trust a redditor who uses exclamation points
kek. its not healthy to eat all that food it takes to bulk up just do cardio if you are that determined
>>
working out always starts out slow for most as people find it hard to establish will and motivation to do it

...but it's addicting, to be honest. a gift and a curse sort of ordeal. good days have you feeling right and swole while bad days make you feel like complete shit (muscle wise and mentally. personally I get pissed off and question why i try, but you get over it). whenever i slack a bit on the exercise my muscles get angsty. in the end, though, you are fit and feel greatly rewarded.

don't work out for the females either, man - their attraction is just a bonus. do it for yourself if you truly aspire to fit
>>
>>25791802
>make your intentions clear from the beginning
>wait a couple of months

JUST
>>
>>25793786
I feel like I'm going to start out doing it for women anyway, as beta as that sounds. I don't get sex and that's the number 1 insecurity in my life right now, so I'll fix that and then continue lifting for other reasons.
>>
>>25792956
>why do you think she had fun?
Probably body language. Not eveeryone here is a turbo-autist.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.