[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>not on antidepressants, feel bad >on antidepressants,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1450088164105.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1450088164105.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>not on antidepressants, feel bad
>on antidepressants, feel ok but numb to everything and distinctly not like myself at all
which is better?
>>
>>25785113
Maybe you just don't have the right meds.
Everyones' brains are different and people can sometimes take months and months to find the right meds and dosage.
I recommend breathing and meditation techniques. A quick google search should get you what you need.
I have anxiety and depression to the max. And just look up calming and centering techniques.
Hobbies are also wonderful, keep yourself busy, and finishing something new gives you a sense of accomplishment, and even if it's small it's so worth it. Keep heading in that direction.
If all else fails.. there's always talking to someone. A therapist or someone on a hotline.
You Can Do This.
>>
>>25785252
ty anon :(
i've tried over 4 different antidepressants (been on each one of them at least 2 months) and they all have that distinct feeling of making me feel unreal. it's almost more disturbing than being depressed
i'm stuck in a place i hate right now but i'm being paid a ridiculous amount of money to go to uni so i can't turn it down.
what are some good hobbies you recommend? i've been trying to get into lifting but i'm pretty inconsistent because the gym gives me anxiety
>>
>>25785317
School is good, haha keep at it.
As far as hobbies, I suppose it depends on where you're at. I personally enjoy crocheting, cooking, fishing, video games. My mother actually got me a 'coloring for mindfulness' booklet for christmas. Really intricate designs to make you focus on one thing at a time, which is basically a form of meditation. Any of those, or just expand and explore what you already enjoy doing!
>>
File: 1rTb0h3R1.gif (997 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1rTb0h3R1.gif
997 KB, 500x700
>>25785621
Keep your hands and your brain busy for a while every day.
I believe in you!
>>
File: image_56.jpg (94 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
image_56.jpg
94 KB, 601x508
>tfw eight years since i was off anti-depressants
>tfw no idea what kind of person i might be without them
>>
>>25785714
Have tried or planned to ween yourself from meds?

I haven't been on mine very long, two years maybe? I haven't gotten to a stable enough point in life to try to stop using them...
>>
>>25785317
Ignore that dumb fuck. Antidepressants are just that: anti depressants. They will never make you happy, just not depressed. Stay off the latest drugs that big pharma wants to shove down your throat. Start eating right, start exercising, get a job/go to school, get some new hobbies.

You might have some of those things, just finish the list.
>>
>>25785684
>That obvious, choppy, loop in the gif

Whoever made that gif should be fucking shot
>>
>>25785816
I hate myself and I'm pretty depressed as it is. I'm actually kind of afraid of what may happen if I go off them. Then again I can't imagine it could get much worse.
>>
>>25785851
I do not worry myself with such things.

>>25785875
Talk with your Doc. If you still feel like shit, then your meds aren't doing what they are supposed to do. The shitty reality is that medical professionals know jack shit about why people get depressed/anxious/things like that. It's so damn hit and miss it's bonkers. They do their best while you do your best, the most important thing is to try your damn hardest because it is worth living.
Sometimes meds can lose their effect and you need to switch, sometimes two don't work on their own but work together. It's so imperfect and you will most likely deal with it your whole life, there is no guarantee.
The point is that you keep moving forward, pay attention to your experience and keep your doc updated.
It fucking sucks, but I have discovered that life is worth hanging on to. and If you don't think so, then I implore you to find help.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.