[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some advice. How would you guys approach a cute stranger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 640x766) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 640x766
I need some advice.
How would you guys approach a cute stranger that you see at school everyday but have no classes with?

Fembot asking btw.
>>
>>25569887
walk in his direction
>>
>>25569887
Well it would help to have some sort of connection like class or a club or something. Does he/she have anything in common with you that you know of that you could use to initiate a conversation? If you don't it'll be a little more difficult, but you can always just go with the straight up and honest approach. Something like
>Hi, you don't know me but I see you around a lot and think you're really cute. Can I have your number or give you mine? I'd love to grab coffee sometime.
>>
>>25569887
Where in school do you see him?
>>
>>25569979
Yeah I was thinking of saying something like that since I don't know him very well. I'm just afraid I'll creep him out or something because he seems like a shy person and we make a lot of eye contact in the hallways. I'm also a very shy person and I keep thinking that I'll mess up and look stupid.
>>
>>25570077
In the hallways as we're going from one class to another
>>
>>25570087
I think people often spend too much time worrying about this kind of thing. Unless you've got a thing for assholes, the worst that'll happen is that he politely declines. It's flattering to get asked out, so even if he declines he'll probably still appreciate the sentiment. Just remember that the two of you are already not talking, so if he rejects you, so what? You'll just be back where you started, not any worse off.
>>
>>25569979
>>25570087
>>25570112
Don't do this, guys can get weird ideasif you ask them out.
If you two make eye contact just ask him if you know each other from [place, class, etc.] or if he is friends with [whateverisjustanexcusetotalktohim].
>>
>>25570162
That's true. I'm fine with getting rejected it's just that It'll be a bit awkward because I see him everyday..maybe you're right, I'm just worrying too much.
>>
>>25570194
Oh c'mon. That's no help at all. I can't speak for every man, but most would know right away if a girl was playing games like that and would much rather she just be direct. I go to normie university and every time a girl asks on Yik Yak or something "Would it be weird for a girl to ask a guy out?" they get a million responses with guys going "No it'd be great!"
>>
>>25570194
Yeah I've also thought about that because someone told me that if I were to ask a guy out, they might think I'm willing to do anything because I have a crush on them and I hate that. He seems like a nice guy though but I'm aware that he could still get creepy.
>>
>>25569979
If you are not made of pasta, do this
>>
>>25570263
But guys lose respect for girls that ask them out. I know, it has happened to me.
>>
just make eye contact and say hi
if he smiles at you and says hi back he probably wants to get to know you
if its awkward just avoid future contact
>>
>>25570263
>>25570280
This, they think you are easy or just start playing weird mind games.
>>
>>25569887
>Pause when walking near him, slowing as you approach, make eye contact
>If he pauses or slows, say "Hey there" and smile
>If he's not autistic, he'll say Hey too (if he is, he'll just stare at the ground or smile awkwardly, but proceed anyway)
>The least autistic of you says something else inane such as You're studying X?
>Conversation ensues

the key is eye contact and smiling. If he doesn't meet your eyes and doesn't smile, just let him go.
>>
>>25570310
I think you're generalizing based on personal experience. I'm not saying you're completely wrong, but your method relies on the guy to pick up on the hints; a notoriously shaky proposition. Given the choice between the risks of the guy being an asshole and the risk of the guy not getting the message at all, I'd take the former.

Also, if he starts to play mind games, then why not break up with him? If he's the type to do that sort of thing then he would've revealed his true nature eventually regardless of how you started going out in the first place. It's ok to have standards.
>>
>>25570310
Chad who wants to be the alphadog in every respect does. Robots don't.
>>
>>25570340
I'm not sure that would work because he tends to wear headphones a lot. Lol
>>
File: 1450981575833.jpg (66 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1450981575833.jpg
66 KB, 500x375
>>25570387

"Hi I'm femanon"
>Hey I'm anon
"Do you go to class x?"
>Yeah
"Cool :3 See you around"
>Yeah :) Bye
>>
>>25569887
get naked and do that
>>
I had this utterly terrible experience once: felt madly in love with a stranger from a younger generation, same career. I felt so so sick of no having the guts to speak to her I literally went for it no matter what: ask one of her classmate to take her out of the classroom and I asked her straight for going out. She pledged some poor excuse but later on I contacted her via messenger and she was nice to me as long as I didn't bring that subject out. I think she thought it was kinda cute from me to propose that way (i was known in school for being a faith man) and then I catched her glancing at me a couple of times

I few years ago I contacted her via Facebook and she was glad to know about me

The gain for me was to be able to know if I had the possibility, that's pretty releasing
>>
>>25570387
Slow as you approach while holding eye contact. This is literal normie bodylanguage for "I want to ask you something".

He'll see you speaking even if he doesn't hear you. It's even better for you in this case, since he didn't hear your first awkward words and now the onus is on him to respond.
>>
Walk up to him, do a hand stand, clench his head with your legs and force his face into his pussy, and keep pounding his face into your until he cries. Now you're married.
Gay guy here, btw.
>>
>>25570448
I've tried to contact him through social media but he doesn't really use it so I'm working up the guts to talk to him in school.
>>25570450
I'll probably end up doing that but I fucking suck at introductions and holding a conversation
>>
>>25570579
>I'll probably end up doing that but I fucking suck at introductions and holding a conversation

The regret of doing nothing will in the long run be far worse than any way you can fuck up, I promise you. If you can make yourself believe this is just practise for talking to people, and don't get invested in his having a favourable response, even better.

Conversation tip: Prepare some general questions (what do you study, what music listening to, are you off to a lecture? blah blah). If you both go silent, just ask one of these. Repeat.
>>
>>25570665
>Prepare some general questions
...and if he's non autistic, he'll give some interesting response you can comment on.

In the worst case that he says only one word answers, after a couple of questions just brightly say "Well, I'm Anon, it was nice to meet you!" and leave.
>>
>>25570714
>tfw autistic

No hope.
>>
>>25570665
>>25570714
Thanks for the advice, anons! I'll try to keep that in mind.
>>
File: 1448288898782.jpg (55 KB, 590x640) Image search: [Google]
1448288898782.jpg
55 KB, 590x640
>>25571065
and remember
just
bee
yourself
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.