[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to fake being a normie on social media
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: screams-internally.gif (669 KB, 339x190) Image search: [Google]
screams-internally.gif
669 KB, 339x190
In the long term I feel like unless there is some kind of radical and positive change in US society then this country and the people in it will just keep getting worse and worse, so although years from now I will have the ability to leave if I want to, right now I can't.

But in the mean time I'd like to be able to get the normies to like me by faking being one of them, so I can exploit them for favors, sex, and other opportunities.

I think this is something all of us need to think about.

So can we brain storm about it ITT?
>>
File: 1397106398362.gif (2 MB, 397x248) Image search: [Google]
1397106398362.gif
2 MB, 397x248
>>25493575

> fake being a normie on social media
> I can exploit them for favors, sex, and other opportunities.

How can you go from social media (for simplicity, let's refer to that as a "virtual persona") to getting things out of it in the real world? ("physical persona")

I mean, as a male that must be an pretty hard stunt to pull off specially if you're a bonafide robot. Please, explain to us your grand scheme and how you plan on covering the gaps between the two personas when you're asked to present them as one.
>>
>>25494274
I feel like I would just have to try and emulate the online persona in the real world, a large part of the online shit would just be to connect me to the normies in question to the point where they are willing to meet me in person, like (oh you know this guy too? me and him are friends why don't me and you hang out sometime) or some shit like that, and once we were in person I would just have to try to fake it.

The question is, what exactly do normies like online? And what do they like in person? Are they one in the same or do they have any differences?
>>
>>25494375

>Are they one in the same or do they have any differences?

You don't see that it's actually quite hard to have both personas synchronize do you? Even when you're not "faking it" you're naturally prone to act differently as a result of the medium

Online interactions give you more time to think, freedom to avoid/evade and the safety of knowing they can't see/touch you. Very few people are consistent
>>
>>25494749
So how do I find a "close to being consistent but not completely" method that will look legitimate and good to them?
>>
I've noticed that if you like acquaintances pictures on social media and occasionally talk to them through comments you can maintain a "friendship" with them without actually seeing them in a while. Then the next time you see each other use their most recent post as a conversation starter. They'll be more inclined to do you favors or let you borrow things.
>>
>>25493575
You realize that this is just what "normies" do right? They post their fakes selves all over fucking facebook, instagram, snapchat, and what have you to make themselves look perfect and push all their shitty feelings underneath so the world can't see them. We, on the other hand, just exude misery wherever we go, which is probably why other people don't like to hang around us. If instead you went the "normie" route and did this, you would just be a normie who only posts shit on social media to make themselves look awesome all while crying themselves too sleep.

>>25495064
If you're an awkward guy, just make your fakebook persona a litle awkward, so it would seem out of place IRL. Most people would see that as "quirky" especially if you take care of yourself.
>>
>>25493575
>But in the mean time I'd like to be able to get the normies to like me by faking being one of them, so I can exploit them for favors, sex, and other opportunities.

Instead of doing this you could just learn social skills, resolve your emotional issues, develop self esteem, and become a functioning member of society.

All of what I just said is easier and more straightforward than the level of sustained deception that would be required for your plan. Pretending to be something that you're not is extremely hard, because your body language is a telegraph for what you're really thinking or feeling. There's too much body language for you to consciously control, even professional actors have difficulty accomplishing this for short periods of time. Any incongruence between your internal emotional state and the things that you do or say will be detected on a gut level by those around you, and you will be perceived as being disingenuous or even creepy.

In fact its likely that this is the main reason for your social failures up until now, perhaps you've tried to fit in or win approval by adjusting your behaviour to meet what you think are other people's expectations, and as a result they've thought you were weird.

Basically the best answer is to b urself :^)
>>
>>25495513
Tbqh I'm still not convinced OP doesn't want human contact. I think this is just his way of trying to have human contact, but maintain distance, since he's afraid of getting hurt.
>>
>>25495513
>>25495356
So normies put on a fake act, and when you act real they dislike you?
So how do we emulate that act?

>that whole paragraph
>learn them rather than fake them
Since they don't come naturally to me that means that they never will, if I learn them I will just be faking them since they don't come to me automatically.

So how do I learn these things? Can they be studied like science or history?
>>25495705
I want human contact but I just feel like there is something that's stopping me from connecting with them, I can't tell if its me or them or both that it stems from, but I want to overcome it so I can have a few really close friends, and sex
>>
>>25495513
>>25495926
But honestly I can't tell if I live in a sick and warped culture, or if I was born not understanding social shit on the level thats needed to get along with people, or some hybrid of both.
And really I don't care that much, I just want to get what I want and be done with it.
>>
>>25495926
>So normies put on a fake act, and when you act real they dislike you?

I'd say there's two types of 'normie'. One that is a fuckup like you but has been practicing their 'act' for their whole lives so that they are good enough to not creep people out when they use it. And the other type who are literally just b'ing themselves, i.e. genuine and authentic people.

Also its a gut-level reaction

>Since they don't come naturally to me that means that they never will, if I learn them I will just be faking them since they don't come to me automatically.

If you have legitimate professionally diagnosed autism then fair enough. But I had shitty social skills until I was about 25, at which point I decided to actively read, learn and practice them.

>So how do I learn these things? Can they be studied like science or history?
Pretty much, social skills are skills like any other. You read a book about painting and practice what you read about then you'll become a better painter, if you just read books about painting all day and never practice then you won't get much better.

There is quite a lot of psychology you can read up on as you develop your social skills too, if that's interesting to you.

Try these for starters.
>http://bookzz.org/s/?q=how+to+win+friends+and+influence+people
Should teach you the basics of conversation

>http://bookzz.org/s/?q=definitive+book+of+body+language+alan+and+barbera+pease
Most communication is non-verbal, learning how to read body language will make you far more socially perceptive

>http://bookzz.org/s/?q=models+mark+manson
b urself and get a gf.

>>25495973
We live in degenerate times for sure, but you have more information at your disposal than every previous generation of humans combined, so you can at least change and find your own niche if you choose to. 20 years ago socially isolated and inept people like you were pretty much fucked as they had no resources to learn from.
>>
>>25496220
Thats a lot of links, which ones am I meant to download?
>>
>>25496424
I think they're all the same. Download whichever hasn't been taken down.
>>
>>25496220
Also yeah I've had people tell me I have literal medical non meme autism
Doctors have said so, I don't know if I do but I wouldn't be too surprised if I did
But at the same time I am aware enough to know that modern US culture is shit too

So maybe its a double whammy
Doesn't mean I deserve to miss out on everything
>>
>>25496457
none of the win friends and influence ones are working
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.