[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys deal with all the hatred, fear, and loneliness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: 308.jpg (76 KB, 666x999) Image search: [Google]
308.jpg
76 KB, 666x999
How do you guys deal with all the hatred, fear, and loneliness inside yourself?

Do you focus it into something? Do you hide it away under a veneer of sorts? Do you just let it out? What?

Me? I live life normally but sob deeply every now and then when nobody is around.
>>
>>25478190
Bury it until I end up breaking down once every few weeks
>>
Easy.

>you bitch about it here and assume everyone gives a shit
>>
File: 1382485538658.jpg (629 KB, 1376x974) Image search: [Google]
1382485538658.jpg
629 KB, 1376x974
>>25478190
This is gonna be silly but it's r9k so what the hell. I basically imagine the depression and negative feelings inside of myself as some sort of Big Bad straight out of an anime or something. I then fantasize about myself overcoming that evil within me in some sort of dramatic fashion. It's not always straight up daydreaming. For example, sometimes I'll just listen to music that gets me really pumped up. This coping mechanism is also why I play a lot of video games, watch anime, and enjoy sports. It's that feeling of triumph against the odds and heroic deeds that give me hope for myself.
>>
>>25478190
When my family tries and confronts me about being a NEET/loser, I just make it into a joke. Otherwise, I just try and make it go away with food/fapping/video games.

I also get drunk a few times a week to let off some steam
>>
>>25478190

I'm 40, all the feels are dead, inside, I'm dead, I just go through the motions everyday, till I die
>>
>>25478324
that's actually pretty hype
>>
File: 1445817319208.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445817319208.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>25478378
It's kept me alive this long. I don't wanna give in. I'm the protagonist of my own life, and the main character can't lose the ultimate battle. He can stumble along the way, but he has to keep going for his friends, family, and most importantly himself. I feel autistic typing that out but I'm being sincere when I say that it's saved my life during some bad times.
>>
>>25478324
i like you anon
good luck with everything
>>
lurking this thread made me want to kill myself.

>just went meta
>>
File: 1444802674636.jpg (612 KB, 1400x1200) Image search: [Google]
1444802674636.jpg
612 KB, 1400x1200
>>25478488
Thanks my man, you too.
>>
Anons, your 'feels' are nature's way of telling you failures to kill yourselves and not pass on your terrible genes. You should listen.
>>
>>25478568
Probably

but I keep going because I fear death
>>
>>25478324
That's pretty fucking awesome.
>>
>>25478683
>>25478683
no, it's really fucking insane.
>>
>>25478705
How so? At least, how is it more insane than any other coping mechanism?
>>
>>25478705
sorry he hurt your special snowflake-ness you fucking edgelord
>maybe you should imagine him as a bad guy so you can defeat him and regain some of your sense of self-worth
>>
>>25478747
It's retreating into a fantasy land.
>>
>>25478190
I just blame roasties and post "tfw no gf" threads.
>>
>>25478777
Well yeah, that's the point. Couldn't the argument be made that drugs and alcohol serve the same purpose? It's all escapism.
>>
i don't deal with it very well.

severe clinical depression.

i'm on meds.

>>25478777
everybody retreats into fantasy. it's just that some (normal people) don't realize they are in a fantasy.
>>
>>25478805
>Couldn't the argument be made that drugs and alcohol serve the same purpose?

Yeah, but no one thinks that's a good thing either.

Mental health requires dealing with reality.
>>
>>25478825
>everybody retreats into fantasy.

No, they really don't. Successful people deal with reality on reality's terms.
>>
>>25478866
These fantasies help me do just that. Otherwise I'd be avoiding them. It's like how a good cry can make you feel refreshed during a time of grief, or how working out can be an outlet for anger.
>>
>>25478890
No, they really don't,

but this makes the point that normal people don't realize they are retreating into fantasy.

you are a case in point. thanks for demonstrating my argument.
>>
>>25478976

If you doing tangible/quantifiable things, you can't fade into fantasy. It would eventually render you unfit to compete, and thus: unsuccessful.
>>
>>25478900

It sounds more like a spoonful of delusion to make the reality go down.
>>
>>25478568
>Brother dies at work
>Now I can't off myself since it would ruin my mother

You just can't win mang.
>>
>>25479059
yes, you can. it's a fantasy that what you are doing is meaningful.
>>
>>25479092
Aren't you arguing semantics at this point? If my method helps me achieve positive results without harming anyone I don't see the problem with it.
>>
>>25479166
and this is why everyone on here is a fat shut-in.
>>
Just eat all the feels away.
>>
>>25478190
I seclude myself away from society and spend my days on 4chan with my fellow rejects. Ultimately I don't think we'll ever belong with the rest of society. Even if we fake it, we still won't feel it.
>>
>>25478324
I'm gonna start doing this, anon. Thanks.
>>
>>25479220
No Guy, because imagining a different reality than the rest of society is how you get put into a psychiatric hospital.

>its called "delusional"
>>
>>25479469
I feel like we're going in circles at this point. I can understand why you are skeptical of how I cope with things, but maybe that's because I failed to explain the fine details. It's a personal thing, I suppose. What's your answer to the OP's question?
>>
>>25478190
I take it out on my parents at home, and I remain distant in public.

I wish I could use it to focus on something productive, but it does the opposite and distracts me from what I need to do.
>>
File: 4a0.jpg (42 KB, 604x504) Image search: [Google]
4a0.jpg
42 KB, 604x504
Addictions and over consumption of media and food.

When I'm working I can't think about anything other than work, I'm robot like, not much feelings. When I get home though I distract myself to take away the focus from myself.
>>
>>25479571
>not the guy you were talking to
>because the guy you were talking to gave up trying to reason with you

point still stands though. answer to OP (You)'s questions:

>No
>Yes
>No
>>
Nihilism. I know its a meming edge word around here, but the thought of everything being pointless makes me feel less worthless by comparison.

That and constantly disecting and cataloging my emotions. Im dead inside but in death there is peace
>>
>>25478190
I channel it into getting more money.
>>
File: 1450067154363.jpg (11 KB, 212x250) Image search: [Google]
1450067154363.jpg
11 KB, 212x250
>>25478190
I created a peaceful place in my mind where I can go and live. I was there from 6am to 12pm and 6pm to 11pm today. Me and a girl live there. I hear her voice clear at this point and her thoughts are starting to separate from mine. Our personalities mesh very well. The place we live started out as a forest a week ago and we've slowly added on to it each day. Now we live in a lighthouse on a hill. It's so fucking cozy. Feels like home. Today we had a picnic in the glowing forest and played music together. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced. After that we went swimming in the pool and floated on our backs staring at the night sky while listening to some music. Now we're getting ready to go to sleep. I don't feel lonely anymore. I feel happy. I can meditate at any time and enter that place. I have given up on 'real life'. This is so much better. We even celebrated together on new years by setting off some fireworks and watching them from the top of the lighthouse.

I don't care that I'm insane or extremely lonely anymore. hah ahu a au ah ah ahu hau hueah ueh uaheu haueh uahe uhusdf uufsjd fsdm ifsjdf isdokg HELP
>>
>>25480470
>Im dead inside
>but in death there is peace

you are the reason why "nihilism" is a meming edgeword.
>>
I distract myself with videogames and vent on /r9k/ when it gets too much.
Rinse and repeat until I inevitably head down to the railroad tracks one night with a blanket and an memorable t-shirt and lay down to rest.
>>
work out or run maybe contemplate my life on 4chan
>>
School, politics, Netflix, jelly beans. Sometimes I'll just contemplate it really hard until it matters less to me. Sometimes I'm stoic for weeks.

I'm reconsidering antidepressants. I have my anxiolytic now but I'm not sure it's enough. Positive thought and prayer haven't fought this stoic feeling well. I need to be happy again.
>>
>>25478190
Apathy to wipe away all the hatred and edge I obtained during the teenage years, as well as to numb the sense of loneliness.
Making risk-reward "charts" to determine if something is worth pursuing or not, to get rid of most fears by simply deciding it is or is not worth going for and sticking by it.

From there on, I actively built up a less negative frame of reference in which to live, avoid the negative crap I can avoid.

If something costs too much energy, time or money to make up for the rewards and can be avoided, it's thrown in the pool of apathy to drown and die out instead of investing energy or time in it.

It took an emotional breakdown (crying on the floor of my room, several hours before I finally stood up) to trigger and initiate the apathy, and I feel a tad bit down a few days every few months, but I hold no hatred, resentment, bitterness, or anything. Just loneliness occasionally, and even that's not severe enough to consider dating as I made plenty of friends since the breakdown and build-up
>>
File: 1447745983768.jpg (58 KB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
1447745983768.jpg
58 KB, 500x490
>>25478190
food and vidya

if I don't have either I immediately begin to descend into extreme depression and anxiety
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.