[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
brain problems general post ITT if you have a mental illness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 13
File: living room.jpg (20 KB, 570x363) Image search: [Google]
living room.jpg
20 KB, 570x363
brain problems general

post ITT
if you have a mental illness
a disability
or have been in special education

post your meds and problems

post your storys
have you been to the loonybin yet?
>>
Pretty much just depressed and anxious

I get pretty batshit crazy sometimes and go on these schizophrenic episodes but normally theyre just in my head so my psychiatrist cant give me a diagnosis of some bullshit
>>
pddnos
add
depression
social anxiety

i'm such an unstable mess i refuse to believe there isn't anything more at play

the worst part about being an autistic fucker around my degree is that despite being painfully aware of things, i can't manage to do a fucking thing about it. i'm still a fucking autist.

but oh well
i've accepted the fact that i'm too much of a fucking retard to better myself because i'm too fucking autistic to figure what i should be doing and how to begin, and too fucking depressed to even bother beginning in the first place
so i'll sit here working my minimum wage job while living at my dad's place while i'm slowly drinking myself to death

no meds
was on anti-depressants for a while and didn't like em
couldn't jerk off anymore
well i could but cumming was near-impossible, like storming the beaches of normandy

i've just given up really
now i'm just waiting for the entire acceptance thing to kick in so i won't feel so miserable about having given up
but until then i've got alcohol so it's okay
please kill me
>>
>>25442436
also frequent psychotic episodes, like fucking psychosis i don't know what you want to call it
something happens and it pushes me the wrong way and things escalate and i'll just fucking panic and fucking christ i don't even know

no more shrinks
haven't seen one in a year-ish now
shit just costs money and it was useless
i want to believe that they tried, i mean christ some of them probably care about their job outside of the money but it's not worth the hassle
they'll never understand things from my autistic point of view
they'll never be able to comprehend why i function the way i function and why i think about things the way i do
6 shrinks
all of them giving me advice in some variation of "jus b urself :)"
i am myself
i cannot not be myself
it is literally impossible for me not to be myself
i behave, but i am myself
fucking what else can i do
being myself isn't good enough and still they go on and on about being myself
there's only so much to me and there's not a whole lot
they don't want me to be me, they want me to be someone else

i'm ranting over fucking nothing i'm a sad drunkard sack of shit #blog
>>
File: wakemeup.jpg (13 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.jpg
13 KB, 367x202
Just the normal soul crushing depression that leave me in a constant fog and makes me want to end it all.
>>
depression
derealization/depersonalization
wellbutrin 75mg
should I go to the loony bin for dr/dp or nah
>>
WHO /OCD/ HERE?
J U S T
U
S
T

Been to the loonybin but unrelated, I got bullied at school and faked some shit so I didn't have to go and then I got put there.
>>
Can any west-euros tell me looney bin stories? I want to know what it's like around these parts.
I need to know if it's an option for me to apply to that shit when I feel like I'm losing it. I could always fake shit if needed.
>>
went to the loonybin when i was 13 for a year fulltime for depression

fucked me up senpai
>>
File: uneven-photos-008.jpg (89 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
uneven-photos-008.jpg
89 KB, 530x530
>>25442669

How does this picture make you feel mate?
>>
depression and extreme 'height dysphoria'
>>
>>25442762
Funny, but OCD is a wider area than most think. I am not disturbed at all by disarray or similar.
>>
>>25442746
depends on the country

what country
germany and the netherlands are supposed to be really nice
>>
>depression, panic disorder
>Welbutrin 300mg, Cymbalta 60mg, Ativan 1mg
I was in the hospital for a little over a month senior year desu. Didn't go back to school either. Missed from easter break on lol.
>>
>>25442746
Switzerland here, it was basically like a hospital stay but for no apparent reason. I was also a kid so I had some schooling. Aside from that there were activities, meals with other people and also regular appointments with a psychiatrist. I don't know if it's similar for adults.
>>
>>25442809
Netherlands.
I figured things would be all nice and gentle here, but fuck me you never know. I want to hear real stories from people that are kinda off like you'd expect from robots, but not entirely off the deep end. Y'know?
>>
>>25442866
did you drop out? blox
>>
>>25442883
god its literal shit for adults atleast in Canada.

the doctor who presribes you meds in the cracker house you hardly see 10minutes a day. not even. like nothing.

the purpose for most hospital stays is just to get you better and on your feet, then let you the fuck go until you go crazy again. no help whatsoever.
>>
File: wakarimasen-lol.jpg (49 KB, 580x388) Image search: [Google]
wakarimasen-lol.jpg
49 KB, 580x388
>>25442937
Nope, my dad got them to let me graduate some how.
>>
>>25442950
Don't get me wrong, you only got to see the psychiatrist like twice a week and the whole thing seemed like a waste of time and being away from home probably just made things worse (unless you were there because of child abuse), but objectively, if I hadn't had other worries on my mind, it wouldn't have been too bad of a thing.
>>
>>25442096
I strongly suspect that I have non-hyperactive ADD. now since I live in a country where docs dont hand out adderall like tic tacs, chances are that I am going to be put on methylpenidate.

does that shit even work/help? I know many of the hyperactive people have decent results on it but does it help if I am not the hyperactive type?
>>
>>25443011
it was nice being away from everything like a vacation from life
>>
>>25443463
Looking back it really should have been, but suddenly being admitted into a place like that and not knowing what will happen to you, when you will be able to go home, etc. was too scary for me to be able to see that.
>>
>>25442746
gerfag here, interned in a psychiatric hospital. there where tons of people who just leech off the system. classical canteen food, a room that you may have to share with others.

the doctors where really incompetent, and one of the female doctors made the impression that she was a patient who stole a labcoat and pretended to be a shrink. she was on the edge of a burnout, super awkward, kind of obsessive etc.

place was alright I guess. I can recommend it if you think you start losing it. meds may (or may not) take you a long way, and while the docs arent good, they will be able to do routine stuff decently. there was a patient that was absolutely normal when he was on meds, and when he was released, he stopped taking meds after a while and then chased around trying to uncover some nazi conspiracy (including trying to get into airports etc).

>>25442950
this is also true, they dont do more then give you meds, make shure that you dont off yourself, and you may get theraoy (if you are there for a longer time)
>>
>>25443663
what did you do during your intern?
>>
>>25442096
Take Ritalin for my whole life they gave me antidepressants last time I went in but I'm not taking that shit
I got anxiety/depression and adhd idk what else to say
>>
I was in sped classes all of grade school. I don't really do anything else but jerk off to degenerate things on adult gif. The only pros about me is I've been doing mma for 4 years and i'm a well trained bjj blue belt. Also the highlight of my life was my insane soccer goalkeeper career back in grade school........ slowly dying inside
>>
>>25444162
pretty much nothing. basically just watching what was going on
>>
Depression/ADHD/anxiety. Been on 4chan since it was 4chan.com.

I was hospitalized a few times, put in the emergency ward from 15-19 or so, never for more than two weeks. The first breakdown was when two kids said I was going to shoot up the school so they kicked me out (even though they had nothing to support them).

>in for the two week stay
>finally feel like I might be feeling better
>"oh hey we're kicking you out because you're not in school any more"
Literally the only time in my life I felt I could get better.

Been on 20+ meds for this and that, currently on phenelzine 45mg (back up from 30mg) and the insurance is jerking me around on guanfacine 3mg (3mg hardly does anything either). A few (Paxil, Viibryd, and nortriptyline) gave my sexual dysfunction, most didn't do anything, including the stims.

I'm in Uni for Electrical Engineering, and if everything goes well, I'll have my BS at 27. Don't know if I'll stay longer, my mind is screaming at me to have kids and wife and work. Certainly won't be marrying any Burgerwoman.

I started CC at 21 or so, failed/withdrew 8 classes total (4 English 101, 1 US History, and three speaking classes). Only by getting the speaking substituted with Interpersonal Relations was I able to pass. Doing everything off schedule and shit, so my schedule is all fucked up atm. I absolutely fucking hate University "culture". Rich cunts, shitty classes, normalfag grading system that lets people copy 40%+ of grades.
>>
>>25444524
did you get paid for it?

hanging out in a psych ward sounds fun
>>
im a autistic retard kill me
>>
File: 1449880270070.jpg (33 KB, 541x541) Image search: [Google]
1449880270070.jpg
33 KB, 541x541
I dunno how loony I actually am. I do get the occasional panic attack, and I've been tossed in the psych ward for overnight monitoring over that, but the only time that happened, the doctor actually told me that I clearly didn't belong there and discharged me the next morning saying that we could pretend it never happened.

Beyond that, I have a few symptoms of OCD (little mental mantras that I repeat to myself in order to feel right, needing to eat an even number of small objects in order to equalize the sensation in both sides of my mouth, needing to step on a crack with my right foot if I step on one with my left, etc.), actual PTSD from being abused with real triggers that can send me into a murderous, adrenaline-fueled rage (slapping me is a really bad idea, and so is abusing kids in front of me), serious abandonment issues that I've only recently come to recognize as being a thing, and the usual soul-crushing depression that doesn't care what kind of day I'm having.

Beyond that, I just have a lot of sensory quirks that I don't actually consider to be signs of mental illness, just mild autism. Multiple varieties of synesthesia, some pretty serious hypersensitivity, and the tendency to basically start tripping balls out of nowhere since childhood.

>>25442404
>in your head
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the only way a mental breakdown could manifest?

>>25442589
>the constant fog
Somebody gets it. That space where it seems like you're lost in the fog in your own head is pretty fucked-up. Can't even string thoughts together properly, and even responding to posts coherently becomes too much effort.

>>25442752
Stories?

>>25444597
>Been on 4chan since it was 4chan.com
Clear sign of mental instability if I ever saw one.
>>
I have schizoaffective disorder and general anxiety disorder. My delusions and hallucinations are mainly religious, I spend a lot of time reading religious texts and writing in my journal about different theories. I'm on 5 mg of Abilify right now, it only helps a little bit. I should be on a higher dose I think.
>>
>>25445610
>abilify
What does that shit even do?
>>
File: 1297031-3d_man.jpg (28 KB, 300x426) Image search: [Google]
1297031-3d_man.jpg
28 KB, 300x426
>>25442096
Been 5150ed (us code for danger to self/others) by my shitty parents twice.
The first time I probably deserved it, the second was because my bitch mother knew it would be a good way to get rid of me.
Not whole lot to tell, other than they hold you for 72 hours and then decide whether your crazy or what ever. Cleared both times, though the first time I had to see a psychologist for a couple months afterward.
>>
>>25442555
Sounds familiar. Over time, I've been able to learn how to infiltrate society, but the mental and physical strain of maintaining normalcy always cracks through eventually. Luckily I have been able to manage such instances through social manipulations.
I am a robot.
>>
>>25445657

It has the ability to abilify you.
>>
>>25445657
its a mood stabilizer
it takes away the highers and lows

well its supposed to
it just made me sleep
>>
sociopath and paranoid personality disorder
>>
>>25443159
If you just have the mind wondering kind of ADD it can help you focus, but also is kind of like being on speed. Supposedly the hyperactive people get calmer, as the body chemistry reacts differently.
>>
>>25445024
sadly no, was only for a month. needed it for uni.
>>
>>25445024
In America they charge you like $1,ooo a day
>>
File: 1451683629566.png (428 KB, 388x434) Image search: [Google]
1451683629566.png
428 KB, 388x434
Went off the deep end earlier this year after a particularly awful time on LSD.

I've used it countless times before with no problems.

Prior to this I had been feeling inadequate and depressed regarding my job. I work in a charity call center and have for the past two years. I have a college degree, but even in college I was mentally unhinged. Typical nice-guy beta faggot who rarely got laid and was upset about it.

Obviously all I needed to do was work out and take time to care for myself as an individual, be healthy, cultivate interests etc. But I didn't do this. I preferred to constantly smoke weed and hang out with friends instead of truly looking inwards. Just felt that if I could get a gf and have sex regularly my problems would disappear. The one time I did have a gf in college things were like that, I felt amazing. She broke up with me and it never was really the same for me.

Majored in political science cause I'm a dumb ass. Also Spanish. Figured that because I got very good grades I would be fine in life. Senior year, then graduating, got an apartment with a friend, and had a tour guide job at a museum, got fired, then got the job I have now.

Hated it from the beginning, but my Christian sjw mindset convinced me it was good and that this is what I wanted to do with my life. Yeah I work for a charity trying to help people get out of poverty, can' feel bad about that. Spend all day talking to elderly people on the phone who are incredibly stupid. People ask why they should trust our organization, I say "We really do good work etc just trust me" and they do. Of course things are fine and they can check our finances and see how we spend money but it's amazing how many people just take things on faith.

So, I go to these concerts with friends over labor day, take acid for the 5th or 6th time this summer. Finally ready to let loose and have fun. Start getting these weird paranoid thoughts about being gay, or that the music was changing me to be gay.
>>
>>25446085
Monitoring out of interest, bruv
>>
>>25445593
>be me
>13
>in a childrens mental unit
>its night, everyone has gone to/is going to bed
>have a bladder infection so i keep getting up to pee
>one of the bad girls who's under a section is having a bath
>nurse waiting outside
>calls her every minute or so to get a reply
>i just keep walking past to pee
>nurse starts knocking
>shes not replying
>gets a bit more frantic
>shouts that she's coming in
>i enter the loo and cant see
>as i leave the door is open and light is flooding out into the mostly dark corridor
>i walk past and look
>girl is lying naked, skeletal and crying on the floor with the nurse standing over her in wet clothes saying she "really thought she was dead"
>she'd tried to drown herself
>i go back to my room and cry, wanting to go home
>>
Aspergers, which resulted in severe depression and anxiety. I wish I was normal so much
>>
>>25446085
continued:

Trip was so weird, so out there. Split from my crew, walked around venue tried to smoke and talk to random women. Kept failing either losing my lighter or joint. At one point trying to just dance by myself and have fun. Stop dancing for a minute. Feel 3rd chakra change and reverse. All of a sudden I felt like a passive gay bottom. So fucked up, prior to this even if I contemplated homosexuality I would obviously be the dominant one and have some very feminine twink guy. I can't be the twink dude like wtf. Basically made me feel either gay or transgender.

Hallucinated numerous jokes about being gay, thought everyone was making fun of me even though they werent'. Very uncomfortable.

Couldn't sleep that night. Next night took pure mdma because I thought it would put me in a good mood. Did for a minute so I took more acid, things got bad again, thoughts about the music trying to convince me to be gay or whatever. I"m not having it, get extremely drunk.

Lose my friends, make it to hotel, can't sleep that night. No more drugs, but no sleep the next two nights either. 4 days no sleep. Extreme psychosis, thinking every song and news show on the radio is talking to me. Assume I was part of illuminati mind control to turn me gay because I'm not a strong person or whatever.

Since then everything is fucked. Mentally I'm fucked, anxious all the time, no desire for normal activities. Food tastes worse. No appetite, smell is off, I swear to god my shit and farts smell different, like a woman's butt. Digestion is different. Extreme insomnia all the time, hard to get to sleep, hard to stay asleep, never feel rested. No sex drive at all. Impossible to get boner that's not morning wood, even then it's less hard than normal. Have had sex with ex gf a few times since, I can barely get it up then I cum very fast.

Misspelling words all the time. Can't remember things as well. Can't think analytically anymore. Constant headaches since september
>>
>>25445657
It's a novel anti-psychotic. Psychosis and mania are caused by an overabundance of dopamine in the brain, so we use drugs that stop the dopamine from hitting the receptor so often. Instead of being a dopamine receptor antagonist, which blocks all the dopamine, like the rest of the anti-psychotics, it's a partial agonist, which lets some of it pass through and stabilizes it to a normal level.

It also has novel action on the serotonin receptors, where's a partial agonist too. These receptors are the ones responsible for mitigating depression. So it works as a anti-depressant too.

Unfortunately it has a really bad name to it. People read all the scary side effects, like death for old people and suicidal thoughts, but most of these effects have never been proven to happen with Abilify, it's just what happens with all the other anti-psychotics and anti-depressants, and they need to put that stuff on there just in case. It's often prescribed for depression, and this is the first anti-psychotic many depressed people have taken, so of course they get all sorts of nasty side effects. I don't think you should take it if you only have depression, I think you should have lots of mood swings, as seen in borderline or histrionic pds, or bipolar disorder in addition to the depression. But I guess it helps some people out as an add-on to their regular anti-depressants.

Abilify makes me pretty happy, it stabilizes my moods and gives me energy to do stuff. It's my favorite drug I've been on so far, much better than the Risperdal I was on before, which just knocked me out for 12 hours a day and made me feel like an emotionless zombie. It hasn't been helping the hallucinations that much, but that's because I'm not on a high enough dose.
>>
>>25446241
continued

No motivation for normal activities. Music no longer sounds good, well it's finally starting to. For a while after this it felt like I was hearing music from a woman's perspective (i.e. in a love song I would hear the song as if I was the object of affection rather than the person doing the loving).

Didn't like any of this. Felt awful all the time, even when my sports teams were doing extremely well I couldn't get into it. Driving is diferent, can't drive as fast I used to unless I force myself to. Used to always speed.

Everything has changed for the worse, complete ahedonia. Only things that kind of make me happy are playing video games but that's it. Everything is weird.

My theory is aside from bad trip that i fried serotonin with the mdma since all of my physical problems are related to serotonin system.

Hair falling out, balls seem smaller, feel weak in general...
>>
>>25446177
Sounds like a great place to regain your mental stability.
>>
>>25446366
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is pretty accurate.
>>
ADHD and a stupid tic (My arms and shoulders shake violently for 2-5 seconds, It can happen anywhere, anytime).
When I was younger, at school, the "nurse" of the school used to gave me Ritalin.
Nowdays, I have serious sleep problems. I can't literally fucking sleep, because my brain is working at 200mph.
Too many toughs in few minutes. Working out before going to sleep do nothing about it.
I can't have peace in my mind anons.
It fucking hurts sometimes.
But I don't want to take that shit again. Sometimes, I feel like a complete looser.
>Be me
>Dinner with family, having a pretty good time
>Stupid tic comes
>whyme.bat
>My arms trow my plate to the floor, It breaks in pieces
>Family stares at me
>Are you ok son?
>Yes dad
>I go to the bathroom
>Cry
I usually think that one day my tic will kill me.
>>
>>25445805
>>25442436
It's most likely secondary structural dissociation caused by trauma type II. Read up on transference. Be the mechanic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiJwB3aG3TE
>>
had panic attack last night at 1am because I didn't know what was real. can't talk to people very long - I don't know how to be social any more. pls help
>>
>>25446366
desu, I was there for a year and there weren't *that* many incidents like that apart from when people got bad and had to be restrained like daily but they'd usually take them to their rooms to sedate them so it didn't really happen around you.

Sometimes you'd walk past the door and they'd scream in a really tortured voice asking you to help them. That was horrible.

I think that the main thing is time, esp when you're a child. Being in there stops you from at least killing yourself and gives you time to just mentally heal back to at least somewhat capable of functioning outside.
>>
File: 0004.png (116 KB, 543x692) Image search: [Google]
0004.png
116 KB, 543x692
/bitchniggadisease/ here

>tfw crippling anxiety
>tfw friend/roommate has to fight my fights
>tfw I get drunk and pretend I'm a tough guy just because I'm a 6'4 lanklet
>everybody knows but they just let it be
>>
File: 1428610102897.jpg (50 KB, 550x385) Image search: [Google]
1428610102897.jpg
50 KB, 550x385
>>25446323
>tl; dr acid made me gay

Maybe that's why you're no longer interested in manly things like driving fast and sports. Try picking up some girly hobbies, like knitting or gardening or cleaning. Embrace the feminine inside of you, because it's here, it's queer, and you should get used to it.

Pic related, will be you once you embrace the gay, and you will like it.
>>
i have adhd, anxiety (generalized anxiety + ocd tendencies), depression (more like bipolar II), and sleep problems. i had an eating disorder as a teenager and am still a bit messed up...also self injured from ages 11-21 (24 now).

i take zoloft, adderall (XR), and ambien.

i hate that i have to take adderall to work, especially since it makes my anxiety worse. i barely sleep or eat because of it during the week. i feel like adhd really is my biggest problem because i'm a very ambitious person but have a lot of difficulties focusing, and the anxiety/depression don't help...my mind goes foggy and blank.
>>
I have aspergers
That's the only thing I've been professionally diagnosed with, partially because I don't want to get help for my mental issues because I don't think it's worth it
>>
>>25442096
>psych forgot to order refills of my meds
>haven't been able to take them the whole weekend
I'm dying dude i can't stop throwing up and having awful stomach pain WHY
>>
>>25446991
What meds are you on, anti-psychotics? Must be a pretty high dose. Getting off Risperdal made me really itchy, sick, and angry.
>>
>>25446466
does your family know? are you on meds?

I mean your family should know that your arms start shaking out of knowwhere right?
>>
>>25446991
go to an urgent care place they will write you a script
>>
>>25446142

Yeah if you take drugs be careful. Psychedelics can be great tools for persona healing but only if you are in a good place for that. While taking psychedelics at certain concerts is the most magical and sublime experience, it's really not the best place for deep mental exploration and healing. Ideally you want to be in a chill spot where you can have some peace and get water etc.

This whole thing fucked me up bad I'm basically suicidal now. It's not really the mental reasons. If I had my sexuality change or whatever or became schizophrenic...I mean that would suck but I could manage.

The fact that nothing in life is enjoyable really puts a damper on things. Normally when I was depressed in the past I would do drugs or something or jerk off or whatever but nothing works now. Can't cope by eating and getting fat because small appetite now and food doesn't taste good.

Can't cope by watching porn and jerking off because no amount of porn will get me turned on enough to have an erection.

Can't cope by listening to music because music does not affect me on much of an emotional level anymore. Prior to this all I did was listen to music, now I can't.

I can't help but see all this as part of my funamental inability to be creative. I've neglected all aspects of creativity in my life for a long time, and now it feels like God's punishing me (or the universe, or my subconscious, whatever you want to call it) but taking away my sexual abilities and denying the most fundamental form of creativity, creating another human being.

I'm the last male in my family lineage. If I don't reproduce my name dies with me. Sure there are other distant relatives and people with my last name, but my branch will die with me if I cant get things turned around.

I'm not even concerned about that now though. I was okay being a loser. I would have normal angst about being lonely and hating my job like plenty of other people.
>>
>>25442803
>>25442669

Sup bro
OCD here.
Had to take a leave of absence from university.
Fucking worried about going back.
On SSRIs
>>
>>25446763

Honestly I would never be able to get used it. I would rather kill myself and if I can't get back to normal I probably will.

Prior to this I had no problem being a normal guy who was kind of feminine. I've never been good at sports, have been meaning to start lifting and really working out but I am lazy and whenever I start working out I just stop after a while.

It just feels like a defect. I actually got laid a little over a month before this happened and it was the best sex of my life, just so happened that the girl lives on the other side of the country and is a bit older than me so I didn't really pursue things.

I'm 24 years old, I was pretty sure of my sexuality and orientation before all of this. I would've considered myself 90% straight and 10% gay if I was going to do something like that. I wouldn't only watch lesbian porn. But I still considered myself way way way more attracted to women than men.

The idea that I might not be that way absolutely disgusts me. If anything it feels like nature is punishing me for being a loser. And if I do turn out to be that way I will never ever act on it.

Would much rather kill myself desu senpai.
>>
>>25446975
same i dont know what to do
>>
I am 90% sure I am either autistic or Schizotypal, but I am 19 and have never been diagnosed. If I am right (parents so far refuse to get me to a place where I can get tested), is there any treatment options, or am I just screwed?
>>
>>25447669
there is no cure for autism, but there is medication to stop the aggression associated with it (anti-psychotics). schizotypal, you'll most likely be given an anti-psychotic too, which could stop your weird beliefs. some studies report that it helps with the social isolation of schizophrenia too, but I don't find them very convincing. I think the social isolation comes from a lack of dopamine activity in the mesocortical pathway (in schizophrenics it all floods to the mesolimbic pathway, which causes hallucinations and psychosis). dopamine antagonists won't help that, they'll actually make it worse.
>>
Borderline Personality Disorder here. Yeah yeah, I know meme disorder etc etc. The amount of mood swings I have in a day is crippling.
>>
this is the worst thread ever stop posting
>>
File: memesss.png (114 KB, 270x355) Image search: [Google]
memesss.png
114 KB, 270x355
>>25448352

fuck your couch nigger go suck your mommy's dick then eat your own poop while getting pounded in the ass by king nigger aka your local zoo's gorilla.

After that eat snow and jump off a building and land on your head. Get raped by a fucking cow
>>
>>25448446
u watch your mouth m8 ill smack you around
>>
File: 1451541497889.jpg (16 KB, 520x295) Image search: [Google]
1451541497889.jpg
16 KB, 520x295
>>25448811

I bet you save your poop in buckets for weeks then when you have enough poop you start to sculpt it like play-doh. You make a life sized woman out of poop and then you fuck this poop-doll.

You do this and then claim to not be racist.
>>
Psychosis NOS.

Psychosis NOS is similar to schizophrenia but doesn't qualify as it for whatever reason. It can be long or short term...in my case it's long term. I have auditory and more recently visual hallucinations, anhedonia(not feeling anything), derealization (feeling as if the world is not real), depersonalization (feeling as if you are not in your body, like an out of body experience.), severe suicidal thoughts, Catatonia (going motionless or making repetitive motions for an extended time) and depression.

During my initial breakdown, I stayed in my room for 3 days straight and didn't eat anything, the voices got really bad and the suicidal thoughts unbearable. I hit myself and tried to drink myself to sleep (didn't work). My parents would try to drag me places and I would just sit there staring and wouldn't speak.

I got help after about a week. I went to a therapist first because it takes a month to get into a psychiatrist and I refused to go to the hospital. Somehow my therapist didn't put me in the hospital despite me being completely honest about how close I was to committing suicide. I think I was really close to an involuntary commit, one time she asked me a bunch of questions about it (how I planned to do it, if I had the supplies). I had answers to all her questions, I could even hear her weighing in her mind whether she should commit me or not.

I finally got into a psych office and was misdiagnosed with depression and given antidepressants. That was a horrible psych in general and had no business being around people who were suffering.

I had to wait 2 months to scale up and down on antidepressants that didn't work before switching to my current doc, who diagnosed me with psychosis NOS and put me on Abilify.

Abilify has been great for me, recently I've added Zoloft for the anhedonia. Besides a head from Abilify I have no side affects from the meds.

Recently though I'm going though a bit of a relapse. My symptoms are getting worse...
>>
>>25449254
What dose of Abilify are you on right now? I have a psychotic disorder too, and I think mine isn't high enough. Does it stop the hallucinations for you, or do they still get through?
>>
>>25449301
10mg, may have to go higher now though with recent events. Before my relapse of sorts it dealt with most of my symptoms almost completely. I had good days and bad but there was even a time where I couldn't even remember what the voices were like. It also helped with my cognitive symptoms. When I was sick I literally could not read a book, I'm not kidding. With the meds I can study however long I want, they've been great.

What dose are you on and how long have you been on it?
>>
>>25447037
does lithium count? i used to take risperdal that shit was AWFUL
>>
>>25446991
Switch psychs dude, my psych will fill any script the pharmacy faxes for refill within 24hrs. That's BS.
>>
>>25446616

I don't want to worry you but this could be serious. In the short term try and get into a therapists office, in the meantime make an appointment with a psychiatrist.
>>
>>25449475
what do you mean? like how serious is it?
>>
>>25449661

I don't want to be an armchair psychologist because I don't know your symptoms well and it's just a bad idea in general. However, social withdrawal can be indicative of the prodromal (early) stage for many mental illnesses.

What do you mean when you say you didn't know what was real? How sudden was the onset?
>>
>>25443159
Any amphetamine (substituted or not) based drug has been shown to improve working memory in all types of people.

There is many papers on it if you want to look it up. Methylphenidate is the most used and studied.
>>
>>25449757
I've been having this constant feeling of low level unreality for about a month and a half to two months before this. last night I went to bed feeling pretty lonely after seeing tons of people outside (I live on a 'party' street) having fun on a Friday night. I just started thinking about my life and where I was headed and if it was even mine. I don't know really where it started but I startd panicking in about 2 minutes because I couldn't tell where reality ended and my thoughts began. lasted about 3 minutes and felt really bad until I fell asleep. everything felt like a movie playing in front of me and not really there, like I wasn't in control of what I was doing.
>>
>>25450319

Sounds like depersonalization/derealization. Been there m8. I'd definitely see someone about this. This combined with the social withdraw may be a sign something is going wrong, and if it is chances are it'll only get worse until you get treatment. Better safe than sorry. Let me know if there's anything I can help with.
>>
the jews are coming
>>
I play runescape to an autistic level
>>
jews are here run away
>>
pickled fucks nuts
>>
add, anxiety, low empathy, homicidal thoughts
I'm taking ssri but I'm gonna stop cause they don't do shit except mess my dick up.
>>
>>25452373
SSRIs take trial and error, the first one doesn't always work. I went through 3 to find one that worked. And please don't go off ANY drug without consulting a doc, there can be serious withdrawal issues.
>>
>>25452462
I guess I read some paper how they don't do much better than placebo, seems like big scam.
>pay doc to tell me stupid common sense for 45 minutes
>pay for meds that do nothing except side effects
might as well just go solo
>>
Idk whats wrong beyond the aspergers, dyslexia and le conspiracy ADD.

Memory is getting worse and I'm only 19.
>>
Conditions:
Schizophrenia
ADHD
Depression (?)
Panic Disorder (?)

Medications:
Latuda 40 mg
Klonopin 0.5 g
Medical Marijuana

On the bright side, I haven't been psychotic in more than a year.
>>
>>25452543
That was for one specific drug IIRC, and tons of people have had great results with that one drug so I wouldn't go off of one study.

If you aren't getting useful info from your doc, tell them you want more specific therapy or switch docs. Don't keep taking meds that don't work for you, work with a doc to try others, if you're current doc hasn't switched you yet Id drop him just for that.
>>
>>25452585
>Schizophrenia
>doc gives you a drug that releases the floodgate of paranoia

What
>>
>>25452654
Yeah I was gonna mention that, marajuana can actually trigger psychosis and generally makes it worse. But hey, if it's working for him...
>>
>>25452654
I purposely withheld that information for that reason, but I only smoke Indicas with high CBD, and I find that it helps the negative symptoms a lot, especially with the afterglow. I get hella noided on sativas though, so I stay away from those.
>>
>>25452705
Weed is a terrible idea if you are schizophrenic.

Do you not feel like losing control and punching someone or feel like you will shout something inappropriate.
>>
>>25452775
I just feel like eating an entire pizza in one sitting honestly

Granted I'm on antipsychotics, I don't smoke often, and am not currently psychotic and haven't been in a long time
>>
>>25452809
Ah that is good then, not schizophrenic but it is prevalent on one of the sides of my family.

Didn't find out until a good while after smoking a decent amount of weed in my teens. Don't smoke anymore.

Just waiting to lose my shit some day.
>>
>>25449301
what kind of hallucinations are you guys talking about? seeing ants and hearing things or something else? my eye sight gets fucked up like ive been staring at bright lights, even when im not.
>>
>>25452624
>That was for one specific drug IIRC
I don't think it was.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4172306/
>>
>>25452897
Depends on the person. I personally hear word salad and mumbling, or see shadow people/animals
>>
>>25452882
Eh, if it happens, it happens. Just study the symptoms and become very familiar with the prodomal condition and there is a roughly 50% chance that you can catch it in its early stages and medicate it. If not, your family will eventually notice and get you medicated.
>>
>>25452897
For me it's auditory. That's the most common form of hallucination as well.
>>
>>25452905
Interesting article. Still, antidepressants work for millions of people, myself included.
>>
>>25453043
As do placebos.
>>
>>25453043
Can confirm they do work, I no longer need them though so I am tapering off.

Was on zoloft for 3 years, was a shitty shitty time in my life.

Placebo or not I probably wouldn't be typing this message if I wasn't put on them that long ago.
>>
>>25453083
I'm going to need more than a couple studies to say antidepressants are a scam. Also studies have shown it to be most affective for extremely depressed patients and those with long lasting depression, they are far from sugar pills. Also these studies are looking at depression, didn't you say you had anxiety? The same pill treats both but most studies only look at depression.

Here's a good article that summarizes both sides of the issue.

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/mental-health/do-antidepressants-work?page=1
>>
>>25453216
>didn't you say you had anxiety?
Yeah but with the vague explanations of their mechanism and the critical studies, why should I believe them?

At least with ADD medications it's obvious they do something all these do is nothing and make it hard to get a boner. I asked my doctor abut it and she just waved it away and lied I think.
>>
>>25453346
They take the edge off, that's about it. They don't cure anything, that takes some major lifestyle changes on top of positive thinking, support framework(friends,family)

CBT (Cognitive behavior therapy) is much more effective, you are suppose to be doing both, not just meds.
>>
Don't really know what I have, also the doctors aren't sure. The correct diagnosis is probably [first name] [family name].
Bromazepam 4.5mg daily
Inb4 benzos
>>
I go on this board 14 hours a day everyday
>>
>>25453868
same its death desu
>>
I think about killing myself almost everyday
what do
>>
>>25454462
same senpai i hate my life
>>
>>25454807
suicide is the only option do it
>>
special snowflake thread alert aler
>>
cancer thread is full of cancer caner cancer
>>
I hear voices all the time
>>
I have autism and other problems
>>
>>25442096
I literaly have multiple personality disorder.

When I'm thinking and stressed out about my self I'll get really fucking crazy depressed then get amnesia about everything I was thinking about, get a burst of euphoria thanks to the temporary relief it gives then sometimes I'll get really frustrated about the mood change because even though I feel like everything alright I know it isn't.

I just want drugs to make it stop
>>
>>25453546
Bro-mazepam

cool story bro
>>
>>25448225
i understand this feel anon all too well
>>
i'm too fucking lazy i don't want do anything shit right even now
but i think i have ti do something..
draw.. like that
>>
I'm obsessed with cleanliness on certain areas, to the point where I started having panic attacks if I didn't complete the ''rituals''. Not diagnosed with anything, nor do I wish to be.

Spending hours doing the same shit over and over again is exhausting and worrying that you won't get it perfect (and have to start all over again) is stressfull. But the feeling when it's all done is euphoric. Lately the euphoric feeling has begun to wear off and all that's left is crazy amounts of stress.
>>
Childhood trauma along with severe clinical depression and debilitating anxiety. molested as a kid by a woman and now i have a thing for older woman out of trauma. was with a pedo when i was 12. possible diabetes too because my dad's side of the family has shitty genetics and i'm too depressed to take care of my weight. Mom wasnt the best either and her side of the family was all bipolar. She also kicked the bucket when i was 8.
use vidya as a coping method for a long ass time (still do) because i dont have anything else.
I have constant abandonment issues and little to no friends. I'm on zoloft for depression but that's it. probably autistic. i cry when i masturbate. really bad memory issues too, can't remember anything half the time. Constantly spacey as well. just waiting until i die.
Was in the psych ward for a week back in may 2015. Pretty okay experience, it helped at the time.
>>
>>25453346
You should believe in them because they work for millions of people. And most psych drugs don't have a clear mechanism but that doesn't mean they don't work.
>>
BPD and memory loss (extreme) from being run over on my head as a child. It's frustrating as hell.

IQ tested north of 150 - but because of memory loss nothing is really an option for me to do. I forget more than I learn anymore. Have the aptitude and skills to do most anything but feeling like giving up.

People just don't get bad it is to have bad memory loss. I forget whole conversations, days /months/years are blanks. I can work with someone for years and still forget their name on a daily basis. I'm 28 and it's not getting any better.

No matter how I try to prepare people, they never understand and get pissed because I 'don't care enough to remember' events/things/people.

Anyone else with memory loss issues? How do you keep going on knowing that it will never get better and will just get worse?

Memory gaps are like having a tooth-ache/tooth loss but in your brain. You know something was there, but all is left is the fuzzy pain of knowing it's gone. Whatever it is that you forget, you feel the loss like an ache. Probing at the spot does no good, just a hole left where something once was - a flare up of pain and nothing.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.