[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you efficiently level in pic related? If so how do YOU do it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Do you efficiently level in pic related? If so how do YOU do it?
>>
Only use skills that will give +5 to level up. Also the main skills should be picked with care so that you don't waste level ups. Im always conflicted about the start because I realize endurance should always be maxed out, but Im a pleb who wants to spam spells from the start because its op.
>>
File: 1294531293871.jpg (111 KB, 800x911) Image search: [Google]
1294531293871.jpg
111 KB, 800x911
>>25425022

Sounds like you're playing for the first-time, no?

My first ever character was a default class (Knight) that proved absolutely awful for leveling.

>speechcraft
>blade AND blunt
>fucking hand-to-hand
>all as major skills

JUST

Once I figured out from experience just how fucked I was on the min-maxing front, I was at least six hours and as many levels in, but I was having so much fun I didn't give a shit.

tl;dr. just enjoy the game on your first playthrough, and let the gameworld's potato-faces and fucky mecahnics intoxicate you with their charm

PROTIPS: illusion and alchemy are more based than you'd think for any character archetype
>>
>>25425449
nigger, just use the console if your that worried about getting the +5 endurance at each level

or download a leveling mod to fix the bethesda retardation
>>
Level up your skills faster than your character level.Focus on your main combat skills(Blade,blunt,destruction)

If you're a mage gain access to the arcane university as fast as possible by going from town to town completing mage guild quest.

Once you have access to the university use the spell-making table to make a "Drain Health" with a magnitude of 100 and a duration of 1 second.If you're below level 15 this should one hit most enemies.

At around level five just south of bruma and head east untill you find the shrine of namira.Complete the quest and you'll gain a useful ring.

Also if you find the the shrine of namira between the parts of the map of the that say County and Leyawiin you can do a quest to get an umbreakable lockpick.
>>
Level up acrobatics, athletics, and destruction. Max out speed and agility. Acquire Boots of Springheel Jack. Proceed to jump to unreachable places and spam spells in cover for the rest of the game.
>>
File: 1439753800992.jpg (60 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1439753800992.jpg
60 KB, 550x366
>>25426112

The Skeleton-Key is reward for Nocturnal's questline rather than Namira, but everything else (including the location of the shrine) is spot on.

>By this time next year, TES:IV will be more than a decade old
>>
Just download a mod that always gives +5 every level to everything. Makes life much less painful. If you feel like that's cheating, just play on a higher difficulty.
>>
just pick what skills you want

never pick the default classes, i dont even know why they're in the game i think it was a running joke
>>
No I just played. I prefer to do 0 armor wizard. Armor + magic is too easy, makes the game unchallenging and therefore unfun when it comes to what I like in gameplay.

It's the ultimate game for single player roleplay, so like, do whatever you want. I enjoy the classic monk class. Robes + mace + only restoration.
>>
File: why did you forget me.jpg (272 KB, 1280x637) Image search: [Google]
why did you forget me.jpg
272 KB, 1280x637
don't worry about it. min maxing is a great way to completely ruin a game for yourself.

just do whatever you want and pick skills you think are cool. if you're getting 1 shotted by goblins then just turn the difficulty down.

You shouldn't even be playing RPGs though. No one cares about how cool your character looks or how much stuff you've collected or how many quests you've done or what choices you made. It's just a game, and a very old one at that. You're alone in front of your screen and it's all you've got. You could delete the whole thing and empty the recycle bin and it'd be over just like that. Just enjoy the escapism if you can cancel out your thoughts long enough. Seriously though, min/maxing is a huge waste of time and the people who min/max or exploit and complain the game is too easy are the worst...
>>
go away deandre blackwell

>one chance at life
>be born black
>>
Tryhard route:
Counter-inutively, it can make more sense to choose major skills which you almost never use. This allows you to have more control over leveling. If possible, choose major skills which are covered by an attribute that you want to level but which would normally not be leveled in day-to-day gameplay (avoid combat skills, mainly). The best example of this is probably alchemy, since you can easily go the whole game without doing much with it.
Freely level up the skills that you actually want to level (which are minor, and don't count towards leveling), and then grind the major skills you don't normally use when you want to advance.
COD route:
Blade, heavy armor, restoration, block, marksman, athletics as major skills. This is one of the worst builds from the efficient leveling perspective, but it usually makes for a more fun very early game. You'll probably level up way too fast and get your ass handed to you between levels 5-12 or so, but I find that things tend to sort themselves out in the later game somehow. Found little challenge at 20+.
Suicide route:
Make your major skills roleplaying shit like speechcraft, mercantile, armorer, alchemy, acrobatics, and exclusively level those up.
>>
>>25425022
In Oblivion, the game is so easy, power-leveling doesn't really matter. Morrowind utilizes the attribute system in a more effective manner with its tabletop style combat.
>>
>>25426888
Feel like it depends more on playstyle, Mage is pretty easy, but playing as an archer everyone was a pincushion if I remember correctly.
>>
>>25426632
>nigger name
>>
OP here, I'm not gonna min/max from hell to back, just on certain attributes then stop.

My Paladin build is
Blunt
Block
Alchemy
Restoration
Acrobatics
Illusion
Marksman

I'm planning on using these skills, I'm just gonna train up, do shit, level up, repeat. Once Strength and Endurance are maxed I'll be done, and I'll have a decent supply of intelligence to boot. This way I'll be ahead of the game's shitty scaling and can still play it like a game.
>>
>>25427751
>paladin
>acrobatics
>>
>>25427805
I would choose athletics but that skill is shit.
>>
I use my sister's hair tie to lock my controller in the forward position and then I put my character in a corner to force it to sprint.

Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, my stamina is through the fucking roof.
>>
Do what I did and just.... never sleep so you don't have to level up.
>>
>>25425022
I ran into a couple of mudcrabs not long ago. Annoying creatures.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.