[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you are recovering alcoholics? Do you find it hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nbypnhVTWp1rbm009o1_1280.jpg (598 KB, 1244x1570) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbypnhVTWp1rbm009o1_1280.jpg
598 KB, 1244x1570
How many of you are recovering alcoholics? Do you find it hard to be around others who drink? Do you do other drugs or stay completely sober?

Myself i am pretty disgusted with my behavior while drunk so im not that tempted. I dont like hanging out with drunks because they are annoying and remind me of how i acted. Bars are of no use to me now, which is good for my wallet. Still dont know how badly this will affect dating. Im still into opiates, which i know is a slippery slope and so im careful to not do them too many days in a row. Luckily for me opiates dont cause me to lose inhibition which means i dont act a fool and will stop once ive had enough, unlike alcohol.
>>
Went to rehab for xanax and alcohol in May 2014

Had a year clean
Relapsed on alcohol for a weekend
Had four months clean
Relapsed hard on alcohol again ended up in detox
Four months clean again

Sobriety blows and drinking blows but sobriety with therapy and changing my life philosophy is more sustainable.

I miss bars and I miss drinking normally on dates to get laid
I hate turning down drinks at parties
I don't miss hangovers
I don't miss the panic attacks or constant depression

Whoever tells you life is better sober is a liar. If you're a robot both lifestyles blow. Life is better sober only for normies.

Whatever, I'm going to try not to drink for a decade. I'm going to embrace the suffering.
>>
>>25424116
>How many of you are recovering alcoholics?

Yes

>Do you find it hard to be around others who drink?

Hasn't been an issue so far.

Then again we are just talking about my parents/siblings have a glass of wine after dinner a few times.

>Do you do other drugs or stay completely
sober?

Weed here and there.

I also drink between 4-12 cups of coffee a day.

ROBOT ROBOT GO AWAY CUM AGAIN ANOTHER DAY
>>
>>25424287
I honestly feel my life is better without the alcohol. I dont miss that much about it, i drank until i was miserable and hardly enjoyed it in the end yet i still did it and im not sure why. I think ill miss it most to get the courage up to talk to girls, i know ill miss getting drunk at the bars with friends but not that much. I think itll definitely cut down on my social life cause thats what guys do, but you know what im 30 and its time i embrace a more frugal neet lifestyle anyway. The older i get the sadder it is to go out to bars at 3pm and eye the sad somewhat haggard girls there and wonder if they would bang me.
>>
Have noticed I look healthier now. Skins better, bags under my eyes smaller
>>
>>25424116
>putting your shoes on indoors
robert crumb was fucked up.
>>
Having to be totally sober is pretty hard to deal with. I can't function any other way, but that doesn't make it any less depressing.
>>
>>25425235
He was illustrating a Bukowski story, Bukowski was a fucked up person indeed
>>
>>25425291
Op here. Ya, I have no intention of staying completely clean, hence the interest in xanax and opiates, unfortunately/fortunately i dont have amy connection and have to use darknets and therefore cant get it often
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.