[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Return of the Friendly /fit/izen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 35
File: strong-lifts-how-to.jpg (178 KB, 550x778) Image search: [Google]
strong-lifts-how-to.jpg
178 KB, 550x778
Hello, friends.

New Year's resolution or not, everyone has to gain from a healthier lifestyle; I am here to guide you, convince you, anything to make a difference in your life. Small things go a long way to make those changes. I will not mock you, I will answer every question you have (give me time if the thread gets popular, I may need 20 minutes to get to your post).

Ask me anything.
>>
what happens when you drop the barbell on your feets?
>>
>>25408028

What are good exercises to do if you have sensory nerve damage over your hands, feet, and face, and have trouble noticing problems there?
>>
>>25408115

Very unlikely since the weights are far apart and not anywhere close to your feet. If you work the bell without weights, that's a different story but that's the same as with any object, really.

>>25408139
>What are good exercises to do if you have sensory nerve damage over your hands, feet, and face, and have trouble noticing problems there?

I assume you mean pain. The fact that you won't be able to lift at a certain point will let you know it's time to stop. So even without pain, that can be bypassed.

Now, if it's only hands, feet, and face, that shouldn't be a problem, since these don't harbor muscle groups that are trained in what I'd recommend doing. These aren't areas where you'd get injured either. Most lifting injuries happen when people drop stuff on their feet, for instance.

The main question is: what are your objectives?
>>
I've been following Reg Parks' beginner workout, and I have back and neck pain now. The neck pain is on my left side, the back pain is between my shoulder blades.

How can I stop this pain, so I can workout comfortably again? I'm tired of this, and it's just another thing I'm fucking up.
How can I check my form midworkout, if I have no camera? I can't really remind myself to do anything mid rep.
>>
>>25408203

>I assume you mean pain.

I mean anything. Heat, cold, pain, touch, nada.

>Most lifting injuries happen when people drop stuff on their feet, for instance.

And, for instance, if I dropped a weight on my foot, I could have a compound fracture and not know it until I looked down to check; it would almost certainly get infected, and they'd probably have to amputate at that point, since pain function is what guides immunoresponses to injury locations, and without that, I don't get the normal counterinfection process.

As for objectives, just general fitness; primarily cardio stuff. I don't get out as much as I used to, and I know I've lost stamina.
>>
How much impact would one set of 5 pushups each and every morning have? I weigh 230 lb. btw
>>
>>25408028
I do starting strength and I constantly stall at meme weights and can't afford to buy more food than I already do and I already eat at least 2800 kcals+ a day please help me that demotivates me and I don;t want to live anymore and my knees hurt from squats even I'm going atg plz I want to be zyzz and break world deadlift PR like he did
>>
>>25408312
>I've been following Reg Parks' beginner workout, and I have back and neck pain now.

Most likely due to bad form.

>How can I stop this pain, so I can workout comfortably again? I'm tired of this, and it's just another thing I'm fucking up.

One thing I'd advise is work with dumbbells from now on, until you get stronger. You'll lift less weight, but each arm will lift its own.

>How can I check my form midworkout, if I have no camera?

I assume you don't go to a gym. Surely someone has a phone around you, which you can borrow to film your form, right?

I recommend watching more tutorials on how to do this, but yes, switch to dumbbells for a while.
>>
is it ok to lay in bed 24/7?

what can i do to be more active?
>>
File: 1450002820394.jpg (922 KB, 1562x4158) Image search: [Google]
1450002820394.jpg
922 KB, 1562x4158
>>25408375
>How much impact would one set of 5 pushups each and every morning have? I weigh 230 lb. btw

That'd be a good start, but if you've never done them before, chances are you won't be able to do a single pushup. Start easier.

Use pic-related to do simpler pushups first. Do 5 sets if you can. 5 sets of 5 reps, then as it becomes easier, do more reps. When you reach 20 reps for every set, do the more difficult version.
>>
>>25408028
OP I want to start lifting, my upper body strength is really low, like really low, but I want to do something about it.

These are the things holding me back:

1. I don't know how to do the lifts with correct form.

2. I'm embarassed that I'm so weak, can probably only lift the bars.

I was thinking of paying for a PT the first few times just to make sure I get instructed on doing the correct lifts.

Any advice?
>>
>>25408028
I need some effective exercise to train abs that isn't the typical situp, it makes my spine hurt like hell. I don't have any equipment
>>
>>25408437
I can do the 1 set already but ifni go any further my vision blurs and my body just says no. Just asking to know if i was wasting my time. I plan on adding more bodyweight exercises to my little routine. Much more preferable than a gym membership for me
>>
>>25408378
>I do starting strength and I constantly stall at meme weights

Does that mean you fail to complete your sets or that you can't lift more weight?

>can't afford to buy more food than I already do

Focus on protein-filled foods like eggs, meat, beans, milk, etc. These aren't very expensive and buying 400kcal more than normal is not much money at all. Brotein shakes aren't required.

> I already eat at least 2800 kcals+ a day

That sounds like a lot.

> I don;t want to live anymore and my knees hurt from squats even I'm going atg plz I want to be zyzz and break world deadlift PR like he did

Knee pain may be because of short hamstrings. Can you touch your toes if you stand up straight, legs together, straight, and bend down? If not, chances are your strings force your kneecap to touch bone, which causes pain. Running, squating, walking a lot, all will be painful because of inflexible hamstrings.
>>
>>25408411
>is it ok to lay in bed 24/7?

No. Our bodies work on "use it or lose it" and whatever you don't use, your body will eventually discard.

>>25408411
>what can i do to be more active?

Literally anything. Anything you do is more than what you don't do. What are you interested in for your body? There are plenty of things you can do but they must be fitted to your preferences and goals.
>>
>>25408028
>telling people to go to te gym so all the racks will be occupied
fuck you

I like going to my $10 dollar chain gym without waiting in line to squat
>>
>>25408448
>OP I want to start lifting, my upper body strength is really low, like really low, but I want to do something about it.

Use dumbbells. I started with shamefully light weights myself.

>1. I don't know how to do the lifts with correct form.

Here's for you:

Military Presses
https://youtu.be/HMvzUDwaBeA

Shoulder Presses DB
https://youtu.be/B-aVuyhvLHU

French Presses
https://youtu.be/RQMQR9r99lg

Rows
https://youtu.be/-koP10y1qZI

Squats
https://youtu.be/UXJrBgI2RxA

Pushups (wall, table)
https://youtu.be/a6YHbXD2XlU

------------------------------------------

Program:

5x5 military presses (5 sets of 5 repetitions)
5x5 shoulder presses
5x5 French presses
5x5 rows
5x5 squats
5x5 pushups

You can do this every 2 to 3 days. Watch videos several times to know how to do them. Watch other people showing the same if you want, eventually you'll know what to do.

>2. I'm embarassed that I'm so weak, can probably only lift the bars.

If you have money, you can acquire a perfect home gym. If not, buying dumbbells and weights won't cost you much at all. Then you can work out at home.

>I was thinking of paying for a PT the first few times just to make sure I get instructed on doing the correct lifts.

If you can, sure, but if you got money to spend, get a home gym, or even go to a gym a few times to ask for advice. They normally have a person there to explain to you how to do things. I'd advise watching tutorials first, practicing some, and going there to get your form checked.
>>
>>25408464
>I need some effective exercise to train abs that isn't the typical situp, it makes my spine hurt like hell. I

Do you anchor your feet? Because don't. Doing this works your thighs more and it forces your lower back to do some weird shit that ends in pain if not injury.

Check the chart for bodyweight exercises:

>>25408437

Otherwise I'd advise to train your whole body, not just abs for esthetics. That'd look odd in the end.

>plan on adding more bodyweight exercises to my little routine.

Oh, OK.
>>
>>25408484
>I can do the 1 set already but ifni go any further my vision blurs and my body just says no.

Then no. Listen to your bod, it never lies. Do something else to grow strength.

Consider this program:

>>25408553
>>
>>25408341
Thats pretty severe nerve damage, anon.
What happened? How is your movility?
>>
File: cardio.gif (137 KB, 1288x2588) Image search: [Google]
cardio.gif
137 KB, 1288x2588
>>25408341
>As for objectives, just general fitness; primarily cardio stuff. I don't get out as much as I used to, and I know I've lost stamina.

Then any cardio you like and a well-controlled diet. Count your calories, don't overeat, undereat to lose fat, and keep doing your cardio regularly.

Here's for running. Pic.

As to the nerve stuff, it's a problem you'll have for everything in life, nothing special about working out, it's not even riskier than cooking or doing anything in your situation. Just do what your normally do: check the stuff visually.

I've seen documentaries about people who have this for their entire bodies. They never feel pain, ever. Makes life complicated.
>>
>>25408409
I go to my local Y. Would it be bad to ask more experienced people to form check me?
How do I do front and back squats with dumbells?
>>
>>25408765
>Would it be bad to ask more experienced people to form check me?

I'd imagine this would be fine. People generally like being resorted to as authorities on anything. It wouldn't take long either. People would rather teach you the right way than suffer through seeing you do shit and injure yourself.

>How do I do front and back squats with dumbells?

I'd do sumo squats with dumbbells, far more feasible.
>>
>>25408595

I got Hansen's disease.

Mobility is slightly, but not substantially impaired. I can articulate all of my fingers and toes. I can make facial expressions.

>>25408633

Thx for the pic.
>>
>>25408839
>Hansens
I feel you so hard man, take your meds.
>>
>>25408896

>Hansen's disease
>>
>>25408028
Hey OP. I've already read up on the basics of nutrition, proper diet, etc. but I have shit tier discipline. Any tips for improving discipline?
Also would losing 35 pounds by the end of May be a realistic goal?
>>
>>25408028
When are you going to kill yourself?
Do you really think that doing annoying workout routine will make me feel better?
I perfer sleeping
>>
File: how to lose weight.png (77 KB, 1303x852) Image search: [Google]
how to lose weight.png
77 KB, 1303x852
>>25408953
>but I have shit tier discipline. Any tips for improving discipline?

Key word: organisation. If you organise your eating well, you won't need more discipline than you've used for the organising. Here's an example:

>need 2000kcal for maintenance
>cap food at 1600
>restrict meals to 2 per day
>800kca per meal

Apply discipline when it's most officient, not in front of the food you long after. Even I fucking fail every time I stare a cookie in the chocolate eyes. Use discipline when you're shopping: don't go anywhere near those foods, if you know you'll have a hard time not eating them.

If it's NOT in your fridge or pantry, you won't need discipline.

>Also would losing 35 pounds by the end of May be a realistic goal?

You can aim for 1 pound per week. More than this is not advised for health reasons. 1 pound a week is feasible.
>>
>>25408977
>When are you going to kill yourself?

Hopefully never. Working out has done wonders for my sanity.

>Do you really think that doing annoying workout routine will make me feel better?

It's not annoying if you do a good program. It's less annoying than grinding in many video games I can think of.

Sleeping is essential to getting fit, glad you have that part down already.
>>
>>25409018
Thank you based anon
>comment now original
>>
I'm just going to start masturbating with my left arm so it's the same size as the right
>>
>>25409158

Very welcome. Also, don't imagine discipline alone is everything: there are countless things you can do to make it easier on you. Eating food that fills you up will make it easier for you not to go hungry, which makes it easier not to go over your caloric cap. Drink a lot, have soups and stews, stuff that's liquid enough to fill your belly. This is about results, not proving to anyone that you have iron discipline. Whatever works best is the way to go.

Also, don't imagine you need to be perfect. You don't. It's about the big picture, the long term.

Last week, I ate a whole jar of strawberry jam because fuck it. What counts is that you don't do this regularly, but if it happens once in a blue moon, you won't die or fuck everything up. Long run and big picture are where it's at.
>>
>>25409172
>I'm just going to start masturbating with my left arm so it's the same size as the right

Doing 1 set of 200 reps won't grow either of your arm.

Muscles grow when you need more strength, fapping doesn't require strength, or more strength, it only requires endurance, which is a different thing altogether. Fap away, don't worry.
>>
File: 2.jpg (18 KB, 317x260) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
18 KB, 317x260
>>25409252
Dude no, my right arm is considerably bigger than the left. I don't do any exercise or heavy lifting and it's not any sort of condition or disease so I can only assume masturbation is the culprit. It's the only sort of strenuous activity I do with that arm.
>>
>>25409871
>so I can only assume masturbation is the culprit.

Unless your dick is 15 kilos and weighs heavier over time, that's impossible.

Considering marathon runners: do they have enormous legs because they run tons? No. Because that's not how muscles get bigger.

Anything that involves a lot of repetitions with low intensity, like fapsturbation of the genital penoric cock, will not induce muscle growth.

On that pic, it looks like your left arm is bigger, but that's probably the anle at which you bend. In other words, no.
>>
I can not go to a gym because thats scary but i've got a pull up bar. Can i get shred using bodyweight?
>>
>>25409939
>I can not go to a gym because thats scary but i've got a pull up bar.

Do this:

https://youtu.be/mRznU6pzez0

>Can i get shred using bodyweight?

Yes, provided you lower your bodyfat by undereating, which is what causes shreddedness. That said, free weights will be faster, more efficient, less frustrating.

I'd still do bodyweight exercises as asides, but only as asides, and mostly in the beginning, to prepare strength for when you lift free weights.
>>
File: 1449645792337.jpg (114 KB, 612x459) Image search: [Google]
1449645792337.jpg
114 KB, 612x459
>>25409939
>I can not go to a gym because thats scary

Also, I don't go to the gym. I work out at home and intend to get a home gym ASAP.
>>
>>25410010
Thanks a lot , will check it out! Have a good year
>>
>>25410054

Welcome! Happy New Year to you too!
>>
Is increasing your bench from 4 sets of 6-10 reps ar 95lbs to 4 sets of 6-10 reps at 155lbs good progress over 9 months? Also went from ~135lbs to 163lbs. Starting to plateu and I'm getting discouraged and have made any significant progress in the last 2 months. Taking it easy now because I'm on winter break but when the semester starts I'm gonna go hard again, what should I do senpai?
>>
>>25409929
Note that the arm on the right of the picture is my right arm.

But there isn't actually any question that it is bigger. My doctors originally tested me for a bunch of stuff because they thought I had a clot or lupus or something, but eventually decided it's just because it's my dominant arm. But I've never seen anyone else with such an obvious muscular imbalance, and that's why I assume it's the masturbating a few times a day for the past nine years.
>>
>>25410088
>Is increasing your bench from 4 sets of 6-10 reps ar 95lbs to 4 sets of 6-10 reps at 155lbs good progress over 9 months?

Seems good to me, maybe on the slow side, but that's always better than going too fast.

10 is pretty high in reps, you may get faster results by lifting slightly heavier and repping less, like 5 to 8, instead of 6 to 10. Use a weight where you can do 5 reps. Do this for some time, then go up in reps, and when you can do 8 easily, add weight.

That's what I'd do.

> Starting to plateu and I'm getting discouraged and have made any significant progress in the last 2 months.

Definitely do lower reps. Higher reps will tire you without stimulating your muscles to grow.
>>
>>25410098
>obvious muscular imbalance,

Is it really muscle, though? I can't tell from that pic alone, but be absolutely certain that fapping isn't the cause, and I doubt that an everyday activity is it, unless you lift heavy weights with a single arm.

I'm not familiar with the potential condition for this, but I doubt it's your fault in any way.

You fap a lot, what do you fap to? No homo.
>>
What if you've never been in a gym before?
Do you just like come in? Do you need to make a call beforehand? What do you say?
>y-yeah hello, c-can i come in?
What happens when you're inside? Just pick a machine and start working out?
Do you come every week or every month or what?
What if there are no machines free or something. You just stand there awkwardly waiting?
What if some guy starts asking you stuff?
>y-yeah i dunno what i'm doing here, someone online recommended i try this, so here i am
>>
If I alternate running and working out does that kill gains? Like if I work out one day and run the next etc

thnx
>>
>>25410160
>What if you've never been in a gym before?

You can either decide to go - and say so at the reception, they'll always give you a tour to show you the gym, and if they know you're new, you may get more info as well - or you can work out at home. There's a lot you can do in your home.

>Do you just like come in? Do you need to make a call beforehand? What do you say?

You can just show up and ask if they give a tour of the gym. I did this once and was treated to a tour of everything, even let me go check the changerooms and showers. It smelled like literal asshole and I chose to work at home.

>What happens when you're inside? Just pick a machine and start working out?

99% of machines are shit because they isolate muscles and won't give you practical strengths, you need stuff that is usable IRL, i.e. free weights. All that machine shit is just the fitness industry trying to make you believe you need to pay for a gym to get fit.

Do a program like SS or SL.

>Do you come every week or every month or what?

mon-wed-fri typically, three times a week.

>What if there are no machines free or something.

Most gyms have way enough shit and not that many people. If it's busy, do something else. You'll do barbell or dumbbells anyway because machines are shit, and there's generally enough of these.

Otherwise you can stretch and such. But generally, you'll only need to get DB or BB and you can do your entire work out there. Find your spot once, and that's it.

>What if some guy starts asking you stuff?

You respond to him without worrying about the exchange. It literally doesn't matter. Interaction is something you need to stop giving a fuck about, it'll be easier.

Besides, I will tell you all you need to know BEFORE you get your ass in the gym.
>>
File: deadlift-muscles-worked.png (105 KB, 455x295) Image search: [Google]
deadlift-muscles-worked.png
105 KB, 455x295
>>25410160
>>25410263

Tutorials on these programs:

Work Out Tutorials

https://youtu.be/F3QY5vMz_6I?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/-4qRntuXBSc?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/Dy28eq2PjcM?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/rT7DgCr-3pg?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/7HRqB30lxmo?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/423Ew_DQC40
>>
>>25410206
>If I alternate running and working out does that kill gains?

If you don't run 5 hours, I think you'll be fine. Eat well enough, take your protein, and you should be able to have both easily.
>>
>>25408028
how do I get /fit/ without going to a gym? just buy a barbell? whats some good starter equipment?
>>
>>25410299
>how do I get /fit/ without going to a gym? just buy a barbell? whats some good starter equipment?

The best is to spend 1k on these:

>barbell, good one, oly
>bench
>power rack & cage

With this, you have the perfect home gym. If your cage has dips and pull up bars, even better.

Short of that, you can still have a barbell at home with a bench for it. Short of that, you can get dumbbells, far cheaper, and if you begin, that may be a better choice.

Short of that, you can do bodyweights, but that's less efficient.

>>25408437
>>
>>25410299
If you are a fatty or a skelly, start with some bodyweight routines. Then buy some dumbbells. But really, not going to the gym and spending money on buying equipment is not worth in unless you aren't a serious lifter.
>>
File: 1449682367407.jpg (225 KB, 832x1125) Image search: [Google]
1449682367407.jpg
225 KB, 832x1125
>>25410160

You can easily buy dumbbells first, and do this program every other day:

Military Presses

Shoulder Presses DB

French Presses

Rows

Squats

Pushups (wall, table)

Program:

5x5 shoulder presses
5x5 French presses
5x5 rows
5x5 squats
5x5 pushups

-----------------------------

Start light.

Consider the reps and sets:

reps are how many times you repeat the same exercise. Go for 5 to 8. This implies that you're using a weight where it would be impossible for you to do 10 reps. That ensures it's heavy enough, without being too heavy.

never sacrifice form for anything: it must be near perfect. Better go lighter with better form. Failing form means it's too heavy.

A barbell program is very simple and has the best results. Be sure to start with just the bar, and if you're weak, don't start with BB immediately, do DB and bodyweights first, to get basic strength.

Work Out Tutorials

>>
>>25410446
what the fuck is this shit program?
>>
/fit/ tells me to read the sticky then tells me NOT to read the sticky and that it sucks

which one is it

also should I lift if I'm on accutane
>>
>>25408028
Good routine for someone wanting to start running? I want to build endurance and stamina
>>
>>25410490

A compound program that targets every major muscle group using dumbbells. An excellent way to get basic strength in preparation for barbell lifting, if that's your goal. It's an excellent program and it works wonders.
>>
>>25410514
Do read the sticky, it has a lot of valuable information

>http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

Literally everything you'll ever need.
>>
>>25408028
how long will it take me to go from skinnyfat to slaying any pussy I want
>>
>>25410514

/fit/ is made of people who will give you legit advice, and trolls who don't want you to get fit so they have less competition, literally.

>also should I lift if I'm on accutane

Yes, doesn't matter.
>>
>>25410539

I tried to link you to the cardio program I posted but was told it was too short in content, so I am forced to write this little footnote here just so I can goddamn refer you to the correct post, since I can't just repost the image either.

What a board...

>>25408633
>>
File: lose-gain-maintain-weight.png (71 KB, 698x749) Image search: [Google]
lose-gain-maintain-weight.png
71 KB, 698x749
>>25410552

OP-supported.

>>25410557
>how long will it take me to go from skinnyfat to slaying any pussy I want

Depends how fat you are. You'll get results quickly, but for a strong difference, give it a year at least.
>>
File: letterlijk.png (504 KB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
letterlijk.png
504 KB, 2480x3508
Is this any good? WIll this get me shred?

inb4 litterally reddit the workoutroutine
>>
I don't have money to go to the gym. All I've got is a treadmill, a set of 12 & 8 pound weights, and my house. /fit/ pls help.
>>
>>25410880

Looks overly complicated. And no. You're better off doing a barbell program. That'll get you strong. Shredded comes when you burn bodyfat.
>>
What are skme good dumbbell home workouts preferably leg i can do?
>>
>>25410888

I responded to that here:

>>25408553
>>
>>25410944
I've got no money though ;;__;;
>>
>>25410949
>What are skme good dumbbell home workouts preferably leg i can do?

Dumbbells aren't really for legs, though.

Do this:

Military Presses

Shoulder Presses DB

French Presses

Rows

Squats

Pushups (wall, table)

Program:

5x5 shoulder presses
5x5 French presses
5x5 rows
5x5 squats
5x5 pushups
>>
On bench, I've been told I swing the bar sideways when u come up. Left arm pushing move than right even though it feels like the bar is straight, and ofc my right chest doesn't feel shit afterwards, how the fuck do I fix this
>>
>>25410969
You say do it every 2-3 days, but if I do it everyday multiple times will I get faster results?
>>
>>25411062
>On bench, I've been told I swing the bar sideways when u come up. Left arm pushing move than right even though it feels like the bar is straight, and ofc my right chest doesn't feel shit afterwards, how the fuck do I fix this

Work out with dumbbells and see how it goes. Muscular imbalances will show if you have any, as each arm lifts its own.

See the post above yours for a DB routine worth its salt.
>>
>>25411111
>You say do it every 2-3 days, but if I do it everyday multiple times will I get faster results?

Quints, and no. Your muscles need around 48 hours to fully recover, at least. Overtraining will hinder your progress. You'd get slower results if you trained every day.

Your muscles grow not when you're lifting, but when you're resting and sleeping. Don't interrupt that process by asking them to do more exercises. If you did, you'd reach a point where your body can't do both and you'd start LOSING strength.
>>
File: 1451190830468.jpg (923 KB, 3191x1760) Image search: [Google]
1451190830468.jpg
923 KB, 3191x1760
>>25408028
>get /fit/ meme
Shoo limey slimey, IT'S 2016! you have no powers here
Go to your shittier /r9k/ filled with even more normies and "I'm a gurl btw tbhq familia xddd"
>>
File: 1355823047140.jpg (37 KB, 598x462) Image search: [Google]
1355823047140.jpg
37 KB, 598x462
>>25408028
any advice on building discipline?

i think ive "started to work out" about 10 times now
>>
>>25408028
op are you the guy we bullied off from fit? Also read up on how different muscletypes work. You won't gain visible muscles by fucking pushups. Hell the only thing you gain by doing pushups are that you can do a lot of pushups.
>>
>>25411189
>Shoo limey slimey, IT'S 2016! you have no powers here

I'm Swiss.

>Go to your shittier /r9k/ filled with even more normies and "I'm a gurl btw tbhq familia xddd"

What? This is my second time here.
>>
File: truth about weightloss.png (66 KB, 1303x857) Image search: [Google]
truth about weightloss.png
66 KB, 1303x857
>>25411226

Someone asked the same question, try to locate the post by using ctrl + F.

You need a program that isn't bullshit. It's simple, not complicated.

Also you need to understand how calories work and all that.
>>
>>25411228
>op are you the guy we bullied off from fit?

No. I still go on /fit/ regularly. I was never bullied and even if that happened (somehow), I wouldn't leave for it.

>You won't gain visible muscles by fucking pushups.

I know, but it will focus the muscles of a beginner to its full potential. Pushups require no equipment, part of why I recommend it for beginners. I'm aware of how muscles work. I've detailed it ITT.
>>
>>25411259
yeah woops found it right after i posted

second question then: i have barbells at home. any 'simple' plans you suggest that i could follow with just barbells/body routine?

social anxiety stops me from going to the gym so im just slowly buying gym equipment myself.
>>
>>25408028
Hey OP, I read your last thread and I wanted to say thanks. What you're doing is great, and you've helped me.
Thanks
>>
>>25411347
>>25411259
>barbell
god i'm stupid, i meant dumbbells.
>>
>>25411347
>second question then: i have barbells at home. any 'simple' plans you suggest that i could follow with just barbells/body routine?

Yes, SS or SL, also posted about a lot ITT. Including videos on how to do these moves.

>social anxiety stops me from going to the gym so im just slowly buying gym equipment myself.

My choice too. It's better and not just because of social anxiety: saves you the trip back and forth, costs less in the long run, save time and money, other people can use your shit if you feel generous (including your partner).
>>
>>25411350
>Hey OP, I read your last thread and I wanted to say thanks. What you're doing is great, and you've helped me.
>Thanks

I'm glad!

If you have any question or anything, I'm here.

>>25411361
>god i'm stupid, i meant dumbbells.

This program:

Military Presses

Shoulder Presses DB

French Presses

Rows

Squats

Pushups (wall, table)

Program:

5x5 shoulder presses
5x5 French presses
5x5 rows
5x5 squats
5x5 pushups
>>
>>25411396
great. I'll save all of these and try them tonight. thanks man.
>>
File: homer weight.png (493 KB, 819x432) Image search: [Google]
homer weight.png
493 KB, 819x432
Lost about 30 kilos last year but I still have flab. Wat do? I don't want to go to gym because that would mean leaving the house, also I don't know where is the nearest gym.
>>
File: for Americans, with pounds.png (69 KB, 1675x643) Image search: [Google]
for Americans, with pounds.png
69 KB, 1675x643
Reminder that eating matters infinitely. No matter how hard you work out, having zero control on your eating can defeat all you do.
>>
>>25411468
>Lost about 30 kilos last year but I still have flab. Wat do?

Keep losing it. Increase muscle mass for all the reasons known for it to be good: health, strength, etc.

> I don't want to go to gym because that would mean leaving the house, also I don't know where is the nearest gym.

You don't have to. I answered that multiple times ITT: ctrl + F "home".

>got money: buy barbell, bench, power rack/cage
>got less money, buy dumbbells
>got zero money, do bodyweight exercises
>>
File: 1407274415950.gif (918 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1407274415950.gif
918 KB, 500x275
OP how do I lift without turning gay?
>>
File: wksjg.jpg (55 KB, 510x500) Image search: [Google]
wksjg.jpg
55 KB, 510x500
>>25411536

Just don't suck the cock when you get the chance to, and you'll be fine.
>>
File: 343463436.jpg (83 KB, 679x657) Image search: [Google]
343463436.jpg
83 KB, 679x657
>lost lots of weight due eating less
>poop less
>poop 3-4 times a week

Is this normal? I miss reading on the toilet.
>>
>>25411608

I have to poop every day, morning and evening, but I have a shit problem.

It's normal, yes. Most normal people poop about that amount of times a week. It's better, in fact.
>>
How to do good work out but with absolutely no money?
>>
I wanted to start running a few weeks ago. Luckily it was warm out and I got 2 nights of mostly jogging and some running in, about 20--2555 minutes both nights.
Then it got cold as fuck like it should be in winter and I lost my will to go out and do shit. Is there any cheap clothing I can buy to keep me warm while jogging/running? Most of my shit is heavy as fuck and probably not good for running
>>
>>25411742

See

>>25408437

But you're better off spending a little money on dumbbells.

You can always buy jugs and will them with water, at various levels to increase weight.
>>
>>25411608
>reading on the toilet.

My poop just shoots out and torpedoes around the U-bend. I don't get how people need to sit there long enough to read.
>>
>>25411789
>Luckily it was warm out

With the appropriate clothes, you'll be warm all the time: you're running, you're bound to overheat and sweat. Just dress warm and you can run throughout winter.

> Is there any cheap clothing I can buy to keep me warm while jogging/running? Most of my shit is heavy as fuck and probably not good for running

Sweatpants, anything designed for sport: light and isolated thermically. Trackers? I forgot how it's called. Tracksuit, that.
>>
>>25408028
OP be realistic
most of these exercises will more or less fuck up anybody who doesn;t have at least 3 years of experience with weights.
I would advise everyone here to play it the fag way and start using easy gym macines in the 16-20 rep scale
>>
>>25411829
>My poop just shoots out and torpedoes around the U-bend. I don't get how people need to sit there long enough to read.

When I have problems, I can need an hour. That's long enough to read.
>>
>>25411863
>most of these exercises will more or less fuck up anybody who doesn;t have at least 3 years of experience with weights.

Bullshit. Just start with no weight, perfect form, and work from there.

Machines are pointless and 20 reps is bullshit. You're trying to lure them into wasting their time. You're a bad person.

Machines aren't necessarily "easier" as much as a waste of time.
>>
>>25408633
running is a good choice but dont expect any major change on your looks
>>
>>25411932
>running is a good choice but dont expect any major change on your looks

I was telling him what cardio to do if that's what he wanted. Cardio helps with fat loss a shitload, provided you eat correctly.
>>
How do I take out sugar from my diet?

I just checked and it's in literally almost everything in food. It's ridiculous.

I wanna lose weight. But I swear it's not because of this new years faggotry. I would've been doing it regardless of date.
>>
>>25410144
>>25410098
>>25409871

humans are usually not fully symmetrical, unless its noticeable to the point where people point it out and are disgusted I wouldnt give it a second thought.
>>
>>25411990
>How do I take out sugar from my diet?

No need to. Take our sodas from your diet.

>I just checked and it's in literally almost everything in food. It's ridiculous.

It's also necessary. That's why in its most things. Just choose more carefully. Any natural food is better than processed food.

>I wanna lose weight. But I swear it's not because of this new years faggotry. I would've been doing it regardless of date.

I believe you. Here's how to lose weight:

1. calculate your daily caloric intake (online)
2. undereat by 400kcal
3. write down the cals, daily, and weigh yourself daily, in the morning, after you shat and pissed but before you ate or drank anything
4. keep doing this

Literally 95% of what you need to do, without mentioning exercising. You will lose weight.
>>
>>25411990

Losing fat is all about calories (a measure of energy). I posted some pics about that ITT.

Here's one more.
>>
>>25411917
Machines are sure safer
And i dont know who are the bad person when i see you prompthing people to go fuck up their midsections.
Not sure if you are irresponsible or just some wanker trying to act professional on the internet
>>
>>25412200
>Machines are sure safer

Actually untrue. They are not safer. For various reasons: they force you into a certain movement, and your bones will never beat metal, so should a conflict arise, you'll break shit before you break the machine.

Lifting a barbell in a power cage is infinitely safer. Statistically, people injure themselves far less with free weights than machines, also because free weights make you strengthen everything, while machines isolate and you get muscular imbalances.

>And i dont know who are the bad person when i see you prompthing people to go fuck up their midsections.

Uh?

>Not sure if you are irresponsible or just some wanker trying to act professional on the internet

Just helping, which, somehow, makes you upset.
>>
>>25412067
>It's also necessary. That's why in its most things.

I'm not sure about that... I thought humans weren't meant to eat as much sugar as we do now. Glucose is necessary for the brain to function correctly, but fructose isn't. And fructose is what makes us so fat.
Also, I guess if I take out sodas I'd have to take out juices too cause those have just as much sugar. So I guess water and flavored/sparking water will be my main drink now.

Thanks for the info though! I wanna loose 10 pounds but I swear it's really hard. But I will do what you said..
>>
>>25412258
Dont waste you time bro.
No trainer ever will let a new lifter go anywere close doing a deadlift, even with no weight
>>
>>25412270
>I thought humans weren't meant to eat as much sugar as we do now.

This is true, but it goes to food in general: we don't need to eat that much fucking food, either.

>And fructose is what makes us so fat.

Fructose is just the sugar you get from fruit. What makes you fat is an excess of energy, regardless of where it comes from. Eat more calories than you burn and you get fat. That's all there is to it.

>Also, I guess if I take out sodas I'd have to take out juices too cause those have just as much sugar.

Yes, should take out both and drink water exclusively.

>Thanks for the info though! I wanna loose 10 pounds but I swear it's really hard. But I will do what you said..

You can do this in 10 weeks relatively easily. Count your calories, calculate your estimated need (with caution, my result was 800 more than what it really is, which you can tell by keeping track of what you eat and how much you weigh), then undereat by 400 (or more if it doesn't work in 5 days or so).

Keep on trucking and you'll get results.
>>
>>25412321
>No trainer ever will let a new lifter go anywere close doing a deadlift, even with no weight

If this is your idea of trolling, don't YOU waste your time, friendo. Deadlifting is basically picking up shit from the ground. These compound exercises are the most basic movements of the human body. You don't make any sense.

And yes, you can start lifting right off. If you're strong enough to lift the bar, you're good to go.
>>
File: 1343934379652.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1343934379652.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
Posting some hope.
>>
>>25412105

That's some interesting info. There really needs to be something done about the fat epidemic in the USA. We're fat as fuck.
>>
File: 1451420680266.jpg (317 KB, 650x2600) Image search: [Google]
1451420680266.jpg
317 KB, 650x2600
>>25412404
>That's some interesting info. There really needs to be something done about the fat epidemic in the USA. We're fat as fuck.

By design. Big corporations have nothing to gain from you eating better and less, that's why this shit isn't mandatory knowledge in schools and that's why they keep it complicated.

Food labels should have the number of calories in HUGE font. It should be the most visible thing, and it should be done PER UNIT. The exact number of cals on whatever box or wrapping.

They keep this shit small and drowning with other info that doesn't matter nearly as much.

This isn't a coincidence. Keep posting info such as these things, for noobs, everywhere you can. It doesn't take much.

>pic was already posted
>skelly instead
>>
>>25412399

But muh genes! Muh big bones! Muh unrealistic standards!
>>
File: 1373040682159.png (1 MB, 837x877) Image search: [Google]
1373040682159.png
1 MB, 837x877
>>25412483

This woman is glory. The truth upsets fatfucks more than anything else.
>>
>>25412399
>>25412499
I hate fatties, she really shaped up tho. But how often does that shit happen? I'm sure I could get a fat girl but fuck that shit, my mind doesn't even let me consider it, and the chances that she'll lose weight like her are slim as fuck
>>
File: 1404502763952.jpg (337 KB, 647x3193) Image search: [Google]
1404502763952.jpg
337 KB, 647x3193
>>25412534

As often as people are willing to do it and persist. Many try and give up. Results is the exclusive rewards of those who keep at it.

It's a privileged, it's earned, and it's fucking awesome.
>>
>>25412459
>Food labels should have the number of calories in HUGE font. It should be the most visible thing, and it should be done PER UNIT. The exact number of cals on whatever box or wrapping.

So true. Instead, they give the number of calories "in one serving" which turns out to be really small and nowhere near the amount that the fat fucks we have now will eat.
>>
>>25412568
>So true. Instead, they give the number of calories "in one serving" which turns out to be really small and nowhere near the amount that the fat fucks we have now will eat.

Yes, or per 100gram, which is only useful if you already are used to counting your shit.

Most people don't know and never read these labels.

It made me fucking furious when I discovered, thanks to my woman, that the Weight Watcher programme was unncessary because their "points" already existed: calories, indicated on every label.

I literally lost my shit when I figured out this shit existed and I had never been told or taught about it.
>>
>>25412499

Yep. They keep spouting meme words like genes, bones, standards etc. but the real reason is that they wanna keep eating like fucking pigs and still have men be head over heels for them.

Man that girl really lost weight and looks good. thats why when I see a fatty it makes me sad, because most of them could be really hot if they werent so fat.
>>
>>25412635
>Yep. They keep spouting meme words like genes, bones, standards etc. but the real reason is that they wanna keep eating like fucking pigs and still have men be head over heels for them.

The best I ever heard was this shit right here:

>I eat healthy because I boil the calories out before I eat the food

>boil the calories out

The amount of people who don't realise that CALORIES is like KILOS, it's not a thing in itself, it's a measurement.
>>
Complete skellington and totally poor so going to do bodyweight routine and running till im a bit stronger desu

any reason that this is a bad idea?
>>
What's a good form of low impact cardio I can do without a gym? I have bad knees and can't run or jump rope for too long.
>>
>>25408028
I have T1D and I'm interested in working out for health reasons, as opposed to looking good for girls. I don't know anything about gyms and I've never touched any equipment before. I've casually looked into bodyweight exercises and I've read the sticky on /fit/, but I'm still a bit scared of going to a gym and not knowing what the fuck I'm doing.

Do you have some sort of simplified routine/set of exercises? I've tried doing my own research but I usually get bored/discouraged after an hour of reading, honestly.

Also, is cardio actually detrimental?

Thanks.
>>
So, I've got some weights. Gonna do weight-lifting exercises three times a week and running twice a week.

My main question is about diet, though. One, what kinds of meals should/can I be eating? When I think of low-calorie meals, not much comes to mind. Two, is 1,500 cals/day good enough for weight loss?
>>
File: 1450868107552.png (104 KB, 660x187) Image search: [Google]
1450868107552.png
104 KB, 660x187
>>25412717
>any reason that this is a bad idea?

Much slower results than with free weights.

Running will also hinder your mass gain. Cardio doesn't add mass, it consumes it.

To put on weight, if you have trouble eating enough, drink whole milk. it's easier to swallow than eating, and it works fine. Just carry your gallon of whole milk everywhere you go and drink regularly. You'll put on mass with this shit.
>>
File: 1404328733649.jpg (458 KB, 640x3904) Image search: [Google]
1404328733649.jpg
458 KB, 640x3904
>>25412751
>What's a good form of low impact cardio I can do without a gym?

Swimming, if you can get your ass to a swimming pool.

> I have bad knees and can't run or jump rope for too long.

Let me test something: how flexible are you?
>>
>>25412765
>>25412765
Can't afford gym or weights at the moment though. Isn't it enough as a good start?

So I shouldn't run?

Thanks for the advice, that milks a good idea too it can also keep me away from soda
>>
>>25408028
>everyone has to gain from a healthier lifestyle;
What do you gain from forcing yourself to lift and taking protein powder?
>>
>>25412753
>I have T1D and I'm interested in working out for health reasons, as opposed to looking good for girls.

You will find that the healthiest body also happens to be the hottest, so don't worry about that. Strength is esthetics and strength is the healthiest. There's a reason why most of us find certain body types hotter than others: it's biological, evolutionary, etc.

if we were attracted by degeneration and weakness, we'd have died out a long time ago.

>I don't know anything about gyms and I've never touched any equipment before.

Plenty of info ITT, look up "gym" in the thread and you'll get plenty of answers.

>I've casually looked into bodyweight exercises and I've read the sticky on /fit/, but I'm still a bit scared of going to a gym and not knowing what the fuck I'm doing.

I posted tutorials, look them up. Some anon had the same remark as you. ctrl f "gym".

>Do you have some sort of simplified routine/set of exercises? I've tried doing my own research but I usually get bored/discouraged after an hour of reading, honestly.

I'll repost:

Military Presses

Shoulder Presses DB

French Presses

Rows

Squats

Pushups (wall, table)

Program:

5x5 shoulder presses
5x5 French presses
5x5 rows
5x5 squats
5x5 pushups

and

Work Out Tutorials

>>
>>25412778
I can touch my toes and do the shoulder stretch thing so I guess average?

Also, got anything else besides swimming? I don't know how to swim and can only dogpaddle.
>>
>>25412753
>Also, is cardio actually detrimental?

Cardio consumes energy, which is taken from your fat and sometimes from your muscles as well. It can be counterproductive yes, but you can balance it. If you mean to gain mass, I'd skip cardio for the time being, or do very little of it, while eating shitloads.
>>
>>25412754
>My main question is about diet, though. One, what kinds of meals should/can I be eating? When I think of low-calorie meals, not much comes to mind. Two, is 1,500 cals/day good enough for weight loss?

For muscle gains, food with protein such as fish, eggs, meat, beans, etc.

As to 1500kcal, it depends on how much your body burns per day. If it burns 2000, then yes, if it burns 1000, then no.

Write it all down and go a week, and see if you gain weight or lose weight, then adjust.
>>
>>25412821
>Can't afford gym or weights at the moment though. Isn't it enough as a good start?

It sure is infinitely better than nothing. I'd do it as a beginning.

>So I shouldn't run?

Not if you want to get stronger and gain mass.
>>
>>25412829
>What do you gain from forcing yourself to lift and taking protein powder?

Taking protein powder isn't necessary, you just need protein, which you can find in meat, fish, eggs, milk, beans, etc.

Some of the things I get:

>more strength, enables me to carry more shopping, kids, tables, chairs, etc, more easily etc

>muscles protect my bones now, reduce risks of injuries by a shitload, can't be stabbed as easily also, general resistence improved

>major sanity bonuses: peacefulness to my soul after a good work out, lasting effects on my mood and that of my partner, we both work out

>strength and health eventually result in you looking fucking good, self-esteem boost, confidence boost, ladies/men look at you like a walking god/goddess

And countless other things.
>>
>>25412882
>I can touch my toes and do the shoulder stretch thing so I guess average?

Sometimes inability to stretch result in knee pains. Check with a doctor to see what really is wrong with your knees.

>Also, got anything else besides swimming? I don't know how to swim and can only dogpaddle.

You can learn easily. I learned from YouTube, by watching tons of tutorials.

Doing mountain climbers is a thing, but it's not very satisfying. Walking up and down the stairs, if you have them, can be effective.
>>
How to stop the hunger pains. It doesnt matter how nuch i eat, im slways fucking starving an hour later
>>
Fuck I want to go to the gym but don't dare. Especially now, round new years im scared people will scorn me because of all the new years resolutioners
>>
File: 1445121022730.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1445121022730.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>25412568
Yeah, serving sizes and nutritional info can be pretty fucking deceiving and nonsensical. For instance, a lot of canned soups have "2 servings" per can, and will proudly advertise "Only 250 calories per serving!" or some shit on the front. Well, who the fuck only eats half a can of soup?

I think portioning and just simply misunderstanding how many calories is in something is honestly what fucks over a lot of people trying to lose weight. I mean, you hear a lot of fatties say "I'm eating less (when in actuality they're still eating a ridiculous amount) and I still can't lose weight!", and I think they genuinely, grossly underestimate how many calories they're actually consuming.

I'm in the process of losing weight, and I just recently bought a food scale. It really is telling. I used to eat a lot of bananas, for instance, and I generally just assumed they were somewhere around ~100 calories a pop. However, after I've started to weigh them on the scale, they're actually double that number. Even just little estimation mistakes like that can really add up and make you wonder "why the fuck can't I lose weight?"
>>
>2015
>still falling for SS
stop
>>
>>25413121

Drink shitloads of water to fill your belly.

Consider soups, stew, beans. All the liquids will fill you up.

>goulash, add beans, add whatever you want, spices, sausages cut in little pieces, etc: 900kcal meal that feels like 5000
>>
File: prickledbaldy.jpg (78 KB, 585x553) Image search: [Google]
prickledbaldy.jpg
78 KB, 585x553
>>25408028
What happens, OP, when you do all this work, when you suffer through the months of hard workouts, endless hours of cardio, strict monitoring of macronutrient ratios, when you finally get down to under 10% bodyfat?

Does anything change?

Does it quell the emptiness inside you?

Does it save you from the hell that is other people?
>>
>>25413204
>Fuck I want to go to the gym but don't dare. Especially now, round new years im scared people will scorn me because of all the new years resolutioners

Don't care about that. They don't really care either.

It'll be less scary once you go.

Read this thread, find trhe stuff on barbell and dumbbell, watch the videos, follow the program, go to the gym once you think you're ready: you'll know what to do and feel confident.
>>
>>25413215
>I think portioning and just simply misunderstanding how many calories is in something is honestly what fucks over a lot of people trying to lose weight. I mean, you hear a lot of fatties say "I'm eating less (when in actuality they're still eating a ridiculous amount) and I still can't lose weight!", and I think they genuinely, grossly underestimate how many calories they're actually consuming.

This, plus even food labels count less calories than really occurs.

According to some website, I need 2300kcal a day, but in reality, if I eat more than 1500, I gain weight.
>>
>>25413225
>stop

SS is based on Reg Park's, and is very similar to SL, and all three give results. By now it's a fact and the only people who say otherwise are trying to keep the "secret" to themselves.

You're either stupid or a fucking asshole (who's stupid, because "muh competition" is fucking retarded).
>>
>>25413296
>What happens, OP, when you do all this work, when you suffer through the months of hard workouts, endless hours of cardio, strict monitoring of macronutrient ratios, when you finally get down to under 10% bodyfat?

It's not that bad at all. I enjoy my work outs, and you should. When I'm done, I get that sense of accomplishment and I feel great in my body. Then I shower and feel even better.

It's a reward in itself.

>Does anything change?

Lots, I listed those things above.

>Does it quell the emptiness inside you?

It actually helps with that a lot too, but books is where you'll want to work on this issue.

>Does it save you from the hell that is other people?

Yes, because other people will look to you for help, and being able to help them will make you realise that "hell is other people" only because you never assumed you could actually lead and help others, which is where you belong if you can't stand being led by others because you know that you know better usually.
>>
Im going to the gym for pretty much the first time.

What should i wear?
>>
>>25413452
>What should i wear?

Tracksuit and T shirt is what I'd wear. You don't wear shorts to lift barbells because the bar grazes on your legs and eventually you'll be amputated.
>>
>>25413518
can I workouut from home?
>>
>>25413567

Yes. 3 options:

>buy complete homegym, around 1k
>buy dumbbells, around 100
>do bodyweight for free

Absolutely possible, has lots of advantages.

CTRL + F "home gym"
>>
>>25408028
Is it gay to like feminine penises? I think not.
>>
>>25413623
>Is it gay to like feminine penises? I think not.

Never fucking reply to me again unless you're going to contribute to the thread.
>>
>>25412871

The first video of the woman doing squats, she isn't holding any weight; why?
>>
Keep in mind these:

>it only takes about an hour 3 times a week
>losing weight can be done without exercising at all
>the benefits far, far outweigh the time spent on working out, and you'll enjoy working out eventually.

>>25413855

Because if you've never squatted, you do them with your bodyweight only. Trust me, by rep 20 you won't want to use weights.

Once you're strong enough and have proper form, consider using a barbell, or using a DB doing a sumo squat (holding DB between your legs, basically.)

The form is the same with or without weight.
>>
>>25413881

Okay ty anon
>>
I've heard machines are shit, but other than some free weight stuff I'm not really too comfortable with benching, squating and all that sort of stuff. What should I do to get a proper work out? I go to a gym.
>>
>>25413980
>I've heard machines are shit

They are, because they make you use LESS muscles, which is always bad. Free weights are best.

>I'm not really too comfortable with benching, squating and all that sort of stuff.

Why not? if it's because you're scared of injuries, lift in a power cage and nothing can happen to you.

>What should I do to get a proper work out? I go to a gym.

I'd recommend going to the dumbbell rack and doing this program:

Military Presses

Shoulder Presses DB

French Presses

Rows

Squats

Pushups (wall, table)

Program:

5x5 shoulder presses
5x5 French presses
5x5 rows
5x5 squats
5x5 pushups

Keep in mind: 5 reps means you're using weight with which you can't lift 8 times. The weight will vary depending on the exercise. The Rows is the exercise where you can lift the most, typically. Adapt accordingly.
>>
I'm pretty scared of doing free weights desu, if i can't manage it i'll be fucked

what do
>>
File: IMG_1297-copy_zpsd190c3c9.jpg (105 KB, 600x421) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1297-copy_zpsd190c3c9.jpg
105 KB, 600x421
>>25413980

And if you want to learn about barbell, here's the stuff:

Work Out Tutorials

>>
>>25414058

No, friendo, because of a simple reason: you're supposed to lift a weight you can fully control. In other words, if you can't manage it, it's too heavy.

Proper form is essential. That literally means you must only lift what you can.

You cannot hurt yourself if you do things as you should.

Dumbbells or barbell? Make your choice. DB are less expensive for beginners and will give you a good basis.
>>
>>25408028
What do you think about my accesory additions on 5x5, let me know if I can modify it for better, also my plan is bulking if it affects anything:
Chest day - pull ups 3xf, dips 3x8, triceps pulldowns 3x8
Deadlift day - z bar curls 3x5 or 5x5, chin ups 3xf, shrugs 3xf
Was thinking about adding some abs at the end of each, so that they will become stronger and show faster when I cut
About Deadlift I havent done it so far it pisses me off and I feel like my form is incorrect and I struggle with baby weight while literally everyone works with more weight and seems to have perfect form (me 50kg last time I tried)
>>
>>25414113
>About Deadlift I havent done it so far it pisses me off and I feel like my form is incorrect and I struggle with baby weight while literally everyone works with more weight and seems to have perfect form (me 50kg last time I tried)

Don't concern yourself with what others lift. The max you can is the max you can and you build from that. If your form is not perfect, work with lighter weights, no matter how lighter it has to be. Then work that stuff until it's perfect. Only then do you load up. This is the only way.

Your additions seem fine to me, provided you can do them. It wouldn't help to overload your routine. it's better to do fewer exercises with more results than get lost in a variety of stuff that ends up only tiring you. All these muscles will have been worked by your normal routine anyway, that's my main concern.

Perhaps this is why you're not improving: not focusing your efforts enough. At the end of the day, you grow muscle when you get them to lift heavier, not when you diversify the movements.

>(me 50kg last time I tried)

Are you sure? Even Rey can deadlift 80 kilos.

https://youtu.be/fAtNwkhWkfc
>>
>>25414113
>everyone works with more weight and seems to have perfect form (me 50kg last time I tried)

Maybe you're overtraining and not giving your muscles enough time to recover (48 hours for the youngest and most able athletes is a minimum, the average Joe is closer to 70 hours).

I'm not very strong myself but I can deadlift my woman and that's more than 50k by a good ton.

You can do a pullup but not deadlifting 50k? Is this correct?
>>
I may go soon. Any more questions?
>>
>>25414373
Are we going to make it ?
>>
File: 1331737175125.jpg (72 KB, 520x521) Image search: [Google]
1331737175125.jpg
72 KB, 520x521
>>25414563

WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT BREH!
>>
>>25414199
>>25414237
How should I modify my additional stuff on the 5x5 routine? Do I remove it? I heard you make no arms gains if you dont add something for them
Also the fact that the girl can do 80kg made me feel like a bitch so I will start doing it every B workout until I pass her lol what a goal
>>
>>25414634
>How should I modify my additional stuff on the 5x5 routine? Do I remove it? I heard you make no arms gains if you dont add something for them

That would be BS. The basic compound movements work your entire body. Focus on that, and progress. If you can lift heavier all the time, albeit SLIGHTLY, you're in business and you'll keep making progress. Just focus your energy on doing the core stuff first. Additional exercises come only when you're at a very advanced level already.

I'd remove the additional stuff for now, yes. Or you can include them in your routine, like, replace some overhead presses by pullups, small changes like that. Find the equivalent in terms of muscles activated and alternate every now and then, that can't hurt, but don't ADD. The program is designed to be what it is, and more can be detrimental.

>Also the fact that the girl can do 80kg made me feel like a bitch so I will start doing it every B workout until I pass her lol what a goal

She trained hard though, don't worry. Do your deadlifts and squat at whatever weight works for you. I INSIST, DON'T overlift, if it's too heavy, it's too heavy and you deload. Do your reps correctly, that's what matters. You'll progress in no time if you do that. If you act on ego, you may injure yourself and nobody wants that to happen.

but yeah, stick to SL for some time, and go up in weights, sloooooowly.

I'd even recommend going to 8 reps with the same weights before you add more weight, to be on the safe side.

And work that form!
>>
File: example.jpg (187 KB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
example.jpg
187 KB, 1240x1754
All right, guys, it's been quite some time now, so I am going to play some vidya, read a book, and sleep.

I shall return!
>>
>>25408028
What exercise plan and dieting works well for getting good stamina and a nice squishy butt?
>>
>>25414950

Last response before I go.

Dieting is shit, just count your calories and don't overeat, see thread for more info.

Stamina is obtained by doing cardio, any cardio, see thread for running program.

Squishy butt is obtained by training glutes, which is obtained by doing strength, which is obtained by doing free weights. For more or less squish, adapt your eating: overeat for more bodyfat, undereat for less.

>calories

Are the heart of controlling your eating.

Energy you eat minus energy you burn. Eat more, your body stores energy as fat, you get fat; eat less, your body taps into your fat and burns that instead.
>>
>>25414795
Thank you a lot for the help, 2 more things:
Is going parallel on the heavy sets of squats enough or should I deload and go lower? Not about the ego even if I can do more only parallel(80 para, 70 lower), I just want to know which is more correct
Are you going to come here more often? Im sure you are helping a lot of r9k people, I also try to help them with the mental part on improvement so I am looking forward to your threads, in case you stop making them let me know if I can contact you in any way
>>
File: 1451414574391.jpg (173 KB, 1403x981) Image search: [Google]
1451414574391.jpg
173 KB, 1403x981
>>25415071
>Is going parallel on the heavy sets of squats enough or should I deload and go lower?

Good thing I stuck around a bit: ALWAYS BREAK PARALLEL MY FRIEND, ALWAYS. Break that shit or you'll break your knees. Deload and go lower.

>>25415071
>Are you going to come here more often?

Probably. Might become a regular thing. I love helping people.

>I also try to help them with the mental part on improvement so I am looking forward to your threads, in case you stop making them let me know if I can contact you in any way

I'll keep coming. If not, I'll drop an email address.
>>
Can you explain cutting? Is it as simple as eating less food or is it just dieting while still exercising? I'm trying to slim down by running/lifting but I'm not sure if I should maintain my diet or if I need to fully turn my diet around and only eat raw veggies/chicken/etc. I'm trying to lose 10 pounds about.
>>
>>25415071

Also, go watch some Strong Lift videos, the tutorials are pretty good.

https://youtu.be/VnV7vEi7Sz8

This is exactly what you want.
>>
>>25415167
>Can you explain cutting? Is it as simple as eating less food or is it just dieting while still exercising?

Cutting is nothing other than losing fat, so it's just like dieting, yes, but you do keep working out so as to maintain muscle mass.

For fatloss, keep doing cardio, just make sure you eat at a caloric deficit. 10 pounds can be lost in 10 weeks with a 500kcal deficit. Absolutely doable.

Write down cals and daily weight, if it doesn't go down, eat less cals. Don't worry about specific food items: mostly cals, dodge processed food for the most part, and you can eat pretty much anything you want and you'll lose weight.
>>
I'm already in decent shape, but I'd like to learn some body weight routines so I can stay that way (don't have access to a gym). Any tips?
>>
>>25415237

See the chart I posted early on ITT. It has most exercises you can do with varying difficulty. It's exactly what you want.
>>
File: 1440064453554.jpg (330 KB, 665x820) Image search: [Google]
1440064453554.jpg
330 KB, 665x820
>>25415166
>>25415188
Checked and understood I will make sure my ass is going below my knee level, see you soon and Happy New Year
>>
>>25415513

Happy new year! See you around.

Going off now.
>>
I'm trying to help my 15 year old son lose weight, and I'm looking for some tips. He's at about 19-20% body fat, centered on his stomach. He stands at 5'7. I'm making sure he drinks plenty of water and we are trying to make sure his daily calorie intake is below 2091, his resting burn rate. Any tips are appreciated. His was always super thin as a small child, and has been putting a lot on recently. Hes at 149.5 as of right now. Thanks.
>>
Lost 20 lbs last year over the course of a few months. Went from 190 to 170. Went back up a bit because i thought hey im back to 170 im gonna take a break for a bit. turned into 7 months.

had a bit to drink last night. this morning i started counting my calories again. Im still fat at 170 and im gonna be doing 1500 cals a day again. Lost good weight without exercise.

Im too lazt to exercise but eating less isnt a problem. guess ill do that from now on. wish me luck!
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.