[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't fantastic worlds exist? Why can't I be someplace
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: 13938404509_e701ea007a_b.jpg (668 KB, 856x1024) Image search: [Google]
13938404509_e701ea007a_b.jpg
668 KB, 856x1024
Why don't fantastic worlds exist? Why can't I be someplace nice? What do you daydream about?
>>
>>25405146

It seems sort of cruel almost. You look at our universe and despite all the absolutely crazy shit inside of it it does feel sort of mundane.

Like even as a kid I used to get scared about ghost stories or evil scary things, but now I don't obviously but simply because there is absolutely no way that any kind of "spooky" thing can exist. The whole idea that NOTHING fantastical will ever occur in my life does sort of bum me out but I think that's just because I loved all things fantasy as a kid.

I day dream about Middle-Earth. I would love to live there and be comfy.
>>
File: 19842922700_29a072d560_h.jpg (755 KB, 1039x1600) Image search: [Google]
19842922700_29a072d560_h.jpg
755 KB, 1039x1600
I like to think about women with huge tits
>>
>>25405186
If all that shit existed it wold still be mundane, can you imagine if ghosts and demons and all that were real ? it wold be just another bullshit that you have to deal with before going to bed
>>
File: 1450111177089.jpg (352 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1450111177089.jpg
352 KB, 2560x1440
Posted before in a fantasy thread, but I like to daydream that I'm the year's youngest and most successful stock market goon with 8 figures in the bank living alone in a 5 million dollar condo somewhere in Hawaii when my estranged father calls me up to say he has to pay a debt he owes to a friend a long time ago and his friend's now-homeless college daughter needs a place to stay. She would expect some random guy's apartment but she'd be blown away by walking into my house. She'd be extremely humble and grateful for what I'm doing but I just brush it off as "parent's quarries." As I go about my house (including home gym, personal recording studio and gaming lounge) she'd sometimes watch me or stare at me as I go about my day, wondering how I made so much money at such a young age. I'd explain to her over unmixed liquor that it's horrible to be retired at 20 because there isn't a drive in life anymore, and how people want to be your friend just because you've got all the money.

I haven't worked much of it out after that, but it probably ends in some gay shit with us falling in love or some shit.

Holy shit I am fucking autistic but what else is there to do when you're lying in bed.
>>
>>25405146
>implying there doesn't exist a parallel monochromatic universe in which living beings can only perform a same couple of hundred movements, only have one sense to perceive the outside, math is simplified, there is no biological diversity, evolution doesn't exist, there is only a handful of elementary particles, and so on, who would kill to live in our world
>>
i day dream about walking into a forest and finding some magical land there
>>
>>25405812
Who cares about those parallel universe fuckers?
>>
I remember when Brad Neely used to be good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2PlAUzAFIU
>>
File: 1445211286996.png (77 KB, 515x369) Image search: [Google]
1445211286996.png
77 KB, 515x369
>>25405837
Same here senpai, I once dreamed that I got lost in the forest and ended up in some fantasy land, it was alpine looking, Shangri La. Literally the best part of the month in September last year
>>
>>25405745
Quite patrician mate
>>
File: Starwars_6d2b84_5779362.jpg (52 KB, 680x753) Image search: [Google]
Starwars_6d2b84_5779362.jpg
52 KB, 680x753
>>25405146
I know this is going to sound gay as ever loving shit but I dream about Kirito in the Sword Art Online anime universe, I dunno man it just seems better then this life + you get all that hot anime girl puss and not these ugly 3d woman here.
>>
Before I begin, has anyone become unable to properly engage with fiction? Like, I try to watch or read something, but I instead just end up comparing my world and self to the world of the story and the characters. I can't seem to self-insert: I'm too self-conscious that I'm not good looking or well spoken or a prodigy or in any special circumstance. I just can't break from it, and it makes me sad.

>>25405146
>Why can't I be someplace nice?
Why would anything nice ever happen?

>What do you daydream about?
For the last two years, I've been putting together a novel in my head. I dream of writing it. I also dream of writing something that either receives a film or anime adaption.

For the a long while, I've been playing an instrument. I dream of finding a band and touring internationally.

I also dream of becoming a lecturer and proper academic who publishes in journals and like. It would be nice to contribute to the body of human knowledge.
>>
>>25406230
I used to imagine myself as a background character not involved with anything interesting. I don't know how I stopped thinking about that
>>
File: shangri la.png (357 KB, 601x399) Image search: [Google]
shangri la.png
357 KB, 601x399
>ynw roam this magical kingdom in euphoria
>>
>>25405146
>What do you daydream about?
I daydream about doing whatever it is im doing right then, but with someone special next to me.
theyre the most mundane daydreams i have, and nearly everytime she looks like someone else; my cousin, a former classmate, my first oneitis/crush.
it used to be much more intense daydreaming but these days its not even about making out, kissing, or holding hands even more, its just her resting her head on my shoulder while im doing some desk work or her lying next to me in bed and were just sleeping.
i dont even know why these dreams come up all the time and have been so numbed down.
i just want it to end.
>>
File: Techpriest2.jpg (101 KB, 556x880) Image search: [Google]
Techpriest2.jpg
101 KB, 556x880
>>25405146
Since I was a kid I've daydreamed about magic, I've studied hard my entire life, currently finishing a CS degree, because technology is in a lot of cases as bizarre and random as magic. pic related
Studying formulas and memorizing useless stuff in school made me wonder how it would be memorizing magical formulas, glyphs, runes. I always dreamed how it would feel, to finally cast a spell after hours of concentration and study, the same way you finally finished a second degree equation and you got the right result.
Knowing my luck, I'd be a magicless plebeian in a medieval world, but I'd still learn knowledge based stuff like alchemy, runes, enchantments, anything but this
CS and technology has lost most of it's charm by now, but my childish dreams still hit me really hard sometimes
>>
>>25406230
>For the last two years, I've been putting together a novel in my head.

>I also dream of becoming a lecturer and proper academic who publishes in journals and like.

I feel ya so much man. I've wanted to do these things too, but I just sit on my ass and waste my life on 4chan.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.