[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you take Adderall for ADHD tell me what your experience on it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (191 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
image.png
191 KB, 500x288
If you take Adderall for ADHD tell me what your experience on it.
>>
>>25393908

Not adderall but the first time I took Concerta (e.g. methylphenidate, Ritalin) it was like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX4-783qUlE
>>
>>25393975

Attendum: it's still like this, many years later.
>>
>>25393908

>Take 5mg
>I start feeling euphoric, motivated to do stuff
>Music is amazing
>I am lauhging like a fucker
>I want to do exercise
>I need to clean my fucking room
>I can do any boring task

>It is going away now
>I become sedated
>I need to pee
>I feel my throat dry
>No hunger
>No motivation
>No energy
>>
Allows me to cram for tests that's about it.
It does help for working memory.
And that movie that your thumbnail is creepy as fuck, I watched it on acid and had to turn it off when the bluepeople started fighting each other
>>
>>25393908

Adderall:
>Makes me feel more determined/motivated, like I HAVE TO get shit done (even if I don't necessarily have anything important to do)
>Almost like a rush, a feeling of "I'm gona fuckin murder this" similar to cocaine in that mindset desu

Vyvanse:
>Gives me the OPTION to do shit
>Very subtle notice of effects compared to adderall, but can get the same shit done
>No motivation, no feelings of "im gonna fuckin murder this", but if I WANT to get shit done I can flip the switch and stay focused on it

I have ADHD-PI if it matters at all, and only recently diagnosed at 22.
>>
>>25394450

fuckfuckfuck. By "option" do you mean it fixes the "I can't tell myself to do things problem"?
>>
>>25394541

Not him, but yes.
>>
>>25394541

Yeah dude. Like even if I was 100% motivated to do something, and really wanted to do it, if it was something I wasn't interested in...it would be damn near impossible. To people without ADHD this seems like "laziness" but it isn't....Lazy is knowing you should do something but being perfectly ok with not doing it. While ADHD people can know they should do something, want to do it, but just... can't. It's weird. For me it's like it takes an insurmountable amount of effort just to do it, to the point where it's mentally taxing.

Vyvanse gives me the option to just do it.

ADHD is thought to be caused by dopamine deficiency - if you get no reward from what you're doing, your body is all "fuck off bro don't do it" and fights against you. Vyvanse increases your dopamine so you can do things more easily .
>>
>>25393908
It doesnt do shit for my ADHD. Smh desu senpai.
>>
>>25393908
I feel a rush and I actually get shit done
>>
>>25394725
Holy shit that's what I'm sayin. No medicine has ever worked for me so here I am today. Fuck this.
>>
I have been taking approximately 30mg of adderall a day for about 15 years. Since I was 14. I don't know if I could function without it, but I'm not sure whether it actually has any effect at this point. It did help me concentrate I think, maybe, but if I'm not even sure I had ADHD to begin with.
>>
>>25394813

So you took adderall or vyvanse and it didnt work?
>>
>>25394843
I feel you man. I started taking it when I was 11. If I didn't have ADHD back then, I sure as fuck have it now. Had to stop taking stims because of anxiety (felt like there was a pressure on my chest, had trouble breathing) and now I can't focus on anything at all.
>>
>>25394725

Tell me more about you and your adhd. Have you tried anything else? Something that wasn't drugs? Why do you thing you developed adhd?

You described my lifelong problem perfectly.

>3rd year of community college having failed more classes than I've passed
>finally be doing quite well, could get 2 A's and a B if I put in some reasonable time and effort in. just reasonable no cramming required
>completely flake out during finals
>can't get started on essays
>don't turn in three despite receiving extension on all three
>study five minutes before tests only
>sat at my computer procrastinating not even truly having fun, just feeling a bubbling self pity
>tell me self every day to change
>feel unfulfilled
>every year I sink further
>>
Oh it's great fun. Everyone thinks you're a junkie or retard, it's expensive, you have to go to a doctor every month because no refills ever, and it makes you feel like shit.

Every day is a choice between feeling like shit and not even being able to remember where the thing I'm holding is.

Fucking bitch mom and pedo sadist doctors put me on this shit since I was 6. The diagnosis? Being a normal little boy. How dare I be a little boy when I'm a 6 year old male? They sure showed me though, they got the last laugh. I am dependent on it for even the simplest shit like going grocery shopping and getting the things I need.

How do I deal with this bullshit? I just don't take it until I get sick of living on pumpkin filling and plain pasta with Vienna sausage and canned artichoke hearts and bill collectors keep crawling my ass. Then I take 1 pill a day for like a week instead of 3 a day every day like prescribed until my shit is sort of fixed then I quit taking again until I fuck everything up again.

I'm so lucky my boss is nice and got me as a diversity hire. It feels bad knowing they don't even notice when I'm late because I took too long getting ready or misread the calendar and come in on the wrong day, but at least it pays for my shitty studio and 9 year old cars maintenance and insurance.

I've heard good things of Adderall. If you're an adult it might be good for you. It is impossible to get addicted to, so don't worry there. If we were friends irl I'd trade you for xanax or klonopin at a rate of 20mg instant release for 1mg(xanax)/2mg(kpin) or 80mg for a 6pack of craft brews.

Fuck Adderall, and fuck having a brain that grew up on Adderall. I still remember being cornered and told I can't leave until I take the pill or her slipping it into my oatmeal then her laughing and gloating at how she made me take it by trickery and deception. To say I have anger and trust issues en top of being retarded is putting it lightly.
>>
>>25395090

It started because I was always tired, and shit at studying. At first I thought it was because I was depressed and had anxiety, which I did have. So I worked through that and got through it after ~2 years. Didn't help.

Then I thought "My sleep is kind of bad, I should work on that", because it easily could cause all the tiredness. So I got a sleep study (nothing showed up), and saw a guy to clear my nose and help my breathing, and my sleep improved a ton. Didn't help.

Then I met someone with ADHD diagnosed in their teens. I wanted to learn more about it to better understand how to be around them, you know? So I was looking at the different ADHD subtypes, and while I was reading ADHD-PI symptoms, it was like reading my personal checklist. EVERYTHING on it, I resonated with strongly. The things I thought were just weird about me were on that list. "Losing focus when people are talking to you, inability to concentrate, always feeling tired, forgetting things, etc." It was fucked how much it described me.

So I met with a psychologist and explained what I just said, and then was referred to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist talked to me for ~4 hours and told me she strongly believed I have ADHD. Usually they try to make sure you don't have depression, anxiety, or another medical reason for you to have ADHD-like symptoms, but I already inadvertently went through that checklist myself.

After getting medication it was day and night.
>>
>>25395090

Same guy here again, didn't read the greentext.

I failed out of university twice before getting diagnosed. It literally takes me an entire day to do one assignment that takes the majority of my class to do in 3 hours tops, because I can't focus - I get distracted, have to move around, start over, etc. all the time. On medication it helps me lower it down to around the 3 hour mark like my classmates. I had NO PROBLEM understanding the assignments - but the way my mind works, it gets jumbled up, and I try to find the 'correct way' in all the mess...it's weird.

And for studying, I literally could not study until 1-2 days before the finals pre-medication. I would NEED the stress of "OH FUCK THE FINALS IN 2 DAYS I NEED TO STUDY" in order to do it. If I tried to study a week in advanced, I just couldn't focus at all. Stress is literally what drove me.
>>
>>25395090

Haha. One more response. Anyone with ADHD can tell I'm medicated right now.

Before trying medication I tried all the usual methods of dealing with ADHD. Did they help? Absolutely. But it was like a 5-10% improvement, whereas the medication gave me 80-90% improvement. So I opted to do both. It's not a magical pill, you still have to work on it and deal with it your own way, but medication helps a fuckton.

The amount of hate ADHD gets by other people is unreal. What causes depression? What causes bipolar disorder, mood disorders, schizophrenia? Nobody knows, there are only educated guesses at this point, but because the symptoms can be so in-your-face, people agree "alright they aren't making it up".

The stigma that ADHD is fake and the people are lazy is so untrue. I didn't spend literal, entire days in the library having to work on stuff because I was lazy. I know 100 fuckin percent this shit is real.
>>
>>25395758
Actually depression is thought be caused by both a dopamine problem and a serotonin problem.
>>
>>25393908
let me just get this out of the way adderal is basically legal cocaine. i have done both plenty of times.
>>
They switched my brand to Aurobindo (a new brand from India) and I suffered a mental breakdown with psychomotor agitation and I ended up injuring myself.

Don't believe the "all brands are the same" meme.
>>
>>25395368
>>25395483

The checklist you gave and the stress part are me exactly. I always figured it was too much video games when I was younger fucking up my work/reward perception.

How did seeing the psychiatrist go? Did it really all just come down to medication? I spoke with my doctor and he prescribed me Adderall. I'm taking it once in a while to be more normie since I hate the come down though I suppose I could give the every day prescribed amount again. Is this the right drug to be taking? I'm really not so liking the idea of being dependent on a pill to function to be honest though. Did you have a similar feeling?
>>
>>25395803
>thought be caused

I know and that's what I mean, like ADHD is strongly linked to something, just like these other mental illnesses are. People dismiss ADHD all the time because there isn't a direct cause-effect, just the correlations, even though other mental illnesses are the same way.
>>
>>25393975
>Concerta
That made me paranoid as fuck. My therapist took me off of it after I had a break down in his office.
>>
>>25394725
>>25395090
>>25395758
These feels, these fucking feels
This past year was the year I had to pony up and start getting back on medication.
This "wanting to do something but getting distracted, or losing attention." was always holding me back in my school career.
I really hit rock bottom spring semester, and was very depressed.
But then though the fall I got back on my medication. The difference is night and day.
The only thing that my meds don't help with is work, because I get so much more finicky then I need to be, it really slows down my work flow.
This is the year I want to turn my academic career around, /r9k/. And i think I finally have the tools to do it.
>>
>>25395849

Thin guy is retarded. Cocaine is cocaine. Adderall is a racemic mixture of amphetamine salts, about 3:1 d:l. Ritalin is methylphenidate, desoxyn is methamphetamine, Vyvanse is lysdexamphetamine, and none of these are like cocaine except in the sense they are all cns stimulants, but saying caffeine is the same as meth is retarded.
>>
>>25395915

Careful of the Aurobindo pills.

There's something wrong with them. Seriously wrong.
>>
>>25395898

Yeah. I heard one of my docs having concerns like that. But I've never had negative reactions to it.

I guess it fits my neuropsychological profile or something.
>>
File: wat.png (209 KB, 488x468) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
209 KB, 488x468
>>25394192
>take adderall
>want to study a bit
>clean house all day

>take vyvanse
>want to study a bit
>organize folders and files in my closet
>line up shoes
>clean house again
>>
>>25395859

I'm on vyvanse, but I've been on adderall and I know what you mean. Try vyvanse? It's more subtle and less of a comedown.

I knwo what you mean about being dependent on a pill but..., ADHD is an executive function disorder, and possibly caused by a deficiency of dopamine. We can't just produce dopamine ourselves on our will. If I have to take this pill to do it, then fuck it, I will. I've literally tried my hardest to improve this without medication. But if there's one chemical fuckup in your brain, there's not much "workout and try harder bro" will do
>>
felt elated, very full of energy

couldn't get fully hard and was almost impossible to finish
>>
>>25394890
Yep. Figuratively nothing works.
>>
>>25395981

Have you considered medical marijuana? Particularly sativa strains. Those have more of a stimulating, focusing effect on a lot of people.

It's a fuck of a lot safer than amphetamine.
>>
Is it true if you have a severe comedown on stimulants that you don't actually have ADHD? I have all the shit you guys mentioned but the medications I would feel at the top of the world for 2-3 hours, and then I would crash and get depressed as fuck, even more than usual. I don't have bipolar but hell it sure made me feel like I did.
>>
>>25395483
Same man, holy shit does it take me a long time to finish labs. like, 2-3 more hours then my other classmates.
I'm >>25395915

Man, this weed, and the fact that wrestling with my ADD has been one of the main focuses of 2014, is making me all emotional.

Say, How do you guys react to other stimulants?
I know they help in, but usually in very temporary or weak ways.
Weed is the most dramatic, I do chores I've put off when I'm high
tobacco is both super relaxing and a wake-up mechanism. seems to have less of a spike then coffee does.
>>
>>25395981

Thanks a lot. Reading your previous response convinced me to give the daily recommended dose another try once I get back to school. I'll ask my doctor about the come down when I see him next time and see if he recommends what you're taking.

Thanks again. It's nice to know I'm not just a unique special snowflake kind of fucked for life.
>>
first 4 years of weeklty use are great, it makes you feel like a normal person entirely. eventually it starts to slide downhill and you get more side effects like insomnia instead of motivation

its really a miracle drug for "ADHD"

its a shame there are no RCs that function like normal amphetamine because i got cut off my script for it, havent done anything in a full year now
>>
Would overdosing on heroin feel good?
>>
>>25396052

Well I've tried marijuana in various doses and FOR ME it doesn't work (might for other people)

I agree and it's unfortunate that this amphetamine is what makes me feel "normal". Open to try anything to help me
>>
>>25396085
>>25395981
>>25396052
>>25396052
Related to what I was saying and my question,
I usually can't do any task that requires thinking while i'm high.
Then again, I usually smoke the not-sativa strains.
>>
>>25396085

>Say, How do you guys react to other stimulants?

Did okay with Adderall up until CVS switched me from Teva to Aurobindo last year, which effectively destroyed my life because I permanently injured myself while under the influence of the Aurobindo pills.

Couldn't even really tell what I was doing. My entire body was numb and I had command hallucinations. This was after taking it for a month daily, 15 mg/day. I wasn't trying to get high off it.

Shit wrecked my entire life.
>>
>>25396173
Shit man that's horrible. I know it probably couldn't make up for what happened, but couldn't you file a lawsuit?
>>
NoFap is the answer to resensitizing your dopamine receptors.

The dopamine released is even more than cocaine.
>>
>>25396229
I'm used to fapping 5 times a day and I've started getting killer headaches that last for hours every time I do it . I think I should stop for a while because of that but all that nofap dopamine stuff is bullshit.
>>
>>25396220

Unfortunately I cannot.

In the US, citizens can't sue generic drug companies. Ever.

>In 5-4 Ruling, Justices Say Generic Makers Are Not Liable for Design of Drugs

>The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that generic drug manufacturers could not be sued by patients who claim that drugs they took were defectively designed. The decision is a significant victory for the generic drug industry, but further narrows the recourse for people who are injured by such drugs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/25/business/justices-rule-generic-makers-not-liable-for-drugs-design.html?_r=0

A lot of people think that generics are always equivalent to name brand and other generics of the "same active ingredient"--but that's actually bullshit.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/drug-side-effects/generic-drug-problems/

The FDA isn't giving this matter the attention it needs. Nor are the courts.

There's nothing I can really do about it now, other than warn you guys to be careful and don't assume that your pharmacist knows what he's talking about when he says the new brand of your medication is "equivalent" to the old brand. There have been multiple instances where this has proven to not be the case, yet the FDA is basically just minimizing it.
>>
>>25396360

>I'm used to fapping 5 times a day

This can damage your penis, especially if you have a tight circumcision. You should definitely slow down.
>>
>>25396398
That's fucked up. I hate this country man.
>>
It makes awake and focused, it kills my appetite and sometimes I will grind my teeth.
I've been taking it for a decade.
>>
ADHD is basically an excuse to be lazy. Half of all people are diagnosed with it, the whole thing so obviously bullshit that if you cant see through the scam you deserve whatever happens to you as a side effect of becoming addicted to aderall
>>
>>25396532
I think SSRIs seem like much bigger scam.
>>
How do you get prescribed adderal??
>>
>>25396229

That's not even the best part. Talking to animals is why I do nofap. Heat vision is nifty too I guess. No more cold pizza rolls for me ever again.
>>
>>25396590
This. I've done NoFap for 5 years now and have transcended my physical body.
>>
>>25396444

>not using lube

Don't speak of things you know nothing of. You're intact so you don't know even a fraction of our suffering.
>>
>>25396532

>addicted

Lel, I'll take things that have literally never ever happened for 200
>>
I never knew what you guys felt until I saw this
https://youtu.be/xfo1tZ95Ypk
>>
>>25396748

So sufferers of ADHD always think about 13 SAT math questions at the same time?
>>
>>25396748
>tfw having ADHD and watching this
It's like double ADHD.
>>
Not worth it. It's lovely for the first half a year or so but your dependence develops quickly. I feel even worse now when I don't take it. I need it just to get to that fucking baseline, otherwise I'm 10/10 suicidal. I know most people think "it won't happen to me" but that's the problem--you don't even realize it until it's too late. It's just not worth it friends. Go work out. Go for a run. Don't follow me down this path

i just snorted 40mg
>>
>>25398157
You took things into your own hands instead of listening to your doctor and taking the correct dosage. Your fault.
>>
>>25398233
Nope. I'm prescribed 40mg a day, 20 instant and 20 extended. I usually just take 20 a day. Fuck off
>>
>>25398255
You took it everyday like a dungo. Your fault.
>>
ADDERALL KILLS YOUR CREATIVITY
>>
File: 1446892946216.jpg (297 KB, 725x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446892946216.jpg
297 KB, 725x1080
dont have adhd but take prescribed adderal for narcolepsy. it has its uses but for me it only takes away the constant sluggish feeling my brain has and makes me less worried about passing out at important times
>>
File: 123324230.png (105 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
123324230.png
105 KB, 500x346
>>25398453
forgot to add that the comedown feeling is like a constant feeling in my life (sorry for edge) so it doesnt bother me or rather I dont notice
>>
>>25398273

Doctors usually prescribe it to be taken daily, anon.
>>
>>25398941
But that's not good.
>>
>>25398429

hard to be creative when you cant do anything without it

also this is bullshit in the first place unless your idea of creativity is having shit randomly come to you
>>
bump

afghedztjednzradt
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.