[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post here if you have been in a psych ward and or special education
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: psych.jpg (3 KB, 120x80) Image search: [Google]
psych.jpg
3 KB, 120x80
post here
if you have been
in a psych ward
and or special education

post your mental illnesses and meds

post your problems people like to read them
>>
Been in ICU for a few days from over dose attempt back when I was a stupid teen. No insurance and American so the state counted ICU as time enough to not send to psych ward for holding. No meds prescribed because no insurance.

Told friend I was going to OD again a year later asked if he wanted my vidya collection. He called the cops but since I didn't take anything they sent me to the psych ward. Did mandatory 3 day evaluation and released to mother. Again no insurance so they only held me the minimum time. No meds prescribed because no insurance.

Last time mom found me with rope around neck and cried and called cops. Stood there for 3 hours trying to get courage to drop. She came home early. Felt guilty so backed down and went with them. This time it seemed more serious so ordered 2 week evaluation. No insurance so judge court ordered my release on 7th day instead. Psych ward took pity on me and approved MHMR paid medications because no insurance. Prescribed lexapro. Upped to max dosage it felt like a sugar pill with no results. No side effects MHMR prescribes Zoloft instead next appointment. Worked for a while but became immune to it. Also gained 30 pounds. MHMR prescribes cymbalta. Most effective. But like last time became immune to it. Side effects: Total lack of sex drive and erection problems. Not that it matters I don't use it anyways but it sucks not enjoying fapping anymore.

Drop out of MHMR. weaning self off of cymbalta. Self medicating with large amounts of alcohol instead. It's proven most effective compared to medication. Side effect: Hungover every morning and weight lost after zoloft is coming back from said alcohol.

Other meds prescribed:
Trazadone and Busporone.
>>
>>25364621
whats a mhmr?
>>
>>25364430
I've been on the crisis stabilization unit five times, all for self harm. I'm not an attention whore, my mom found out about it by accident. It was awful.

Diagnoses are depression and OCD. I have avoidant traits but I'm not officially diagnosed with AVPD. I've been depressed since I was 11 (start of puberty, not a surprise) and I'm 20 now.

I also have gender dysphoria. Transitioning has helped alleviate the depression (but not the OCD) and I plan to start testosterone in early 2016.

I take Focalin XR and Cymbalta.
>>
>>25364936
dont go tranny you will just kill yourself in the end
>>
>>25364430
I've been in a psych ward. But I'm the one doing the evaluations.
>>
>>25364994
If I don't transition, I'll end up killing myself because of the dysphoria. This will improve my quality of life a lot. Plus I already pass for a boy, albeit a young one, and I'm not even on T yet. (:
>>
>tried to or
>had to spend 3 days at the hhospital after they pumped my stomach
>instead of going home they send me to this place
>there is this old doctor there
>he tells me I have to stay there
>I tell him I don't want to, I try to explain to him that I'm OK now
>he has none of it
>lawyer dad tells the guy that he is responsible for me
>get really angry in my way out ant tell the doctor I had the unpleaseness to meeting him or something like that.
Dont ever try to kill yourself, if you do its off to the ward. They won't listen to you. You won't be as lucky as me
>>
>>25364430
I've never been in a mental hospital, but I was in Special Ed pretty much the entire time I was in Public school. I even went to a public charter school for kids with learning disabilities and/or Asperger/Autism for two years during high school. I rode short buses from the start of middle school till the start of my second junior year of high school.

I was officially diagnosed with ADHD, Dyslexia, and Dysgraphia. The public Charter SPED school I went to said I also had "Executive Functioning Disorder". When I was in 11th or 12th grade I had a psychiatrist who said that I have Bipolar Disorder and that I Most likely have Aspergers Syndrome and should get tested for AS. I vehemently refused to get tested for Aspergers though.

I have taken pretty much every ADHD medication made and none really worked very well for me, except straterra. my psychiatrist that I had at the end of HS prescribed me seriquel for Bipolar.
I'm not taking any meds now though and haven't been for a few years.

When I was in school, I had all sorts of therapies and special classes, such as Occupational Therapy, Speech therapy, social skills classes, reading classes, and a bunch of other SPED stuff.
>>
>>25365184
how was the stomach pumping
>>
voices in my head are telling me to take my medication
>>
>>25366357
dont do it its a trick
>>
im going to go in a few weeks for fun
>>
been there done that would do again
>>
dont go they are bad places
>>
I have been 6 times ask me anything
>>
>>25364430
holy shit niggers how many times a week do we need to have this thread?

Stupid shit like this is why they brought the robot back
>>
>>25364430
Was in a California State Mental Health Facility, DHS-Napa, from a month after my 9th birthday to my 21st birthday
I was held due to a judge finding me, "Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity (PC 1026)", for the bathtub drowning of my younger twin sisters
When i turned 21, I walked out of the hospital with a set of new clothes, $500 and a new name, my record was sealed
I attended Community College got an AA in Criminal Justice, transferred to UCSF and received my BA in Criminology, then I joined the Air Force as a Security Forces Officer, (31px), I served in Iraq and Afghanistan, now I am stateside, I have served 12 years and intend to do my 20, then work for a major city police force
I am still crazy as a bug, but the hospital taught me how to contain my problems and let the world only see what I want them to, I still have some odd hobbies, old habits die hard.
>>
>>25368587
what did you do all day for all those years
>>
>>25368587
sounds like you got the best of them
how do you have younger twins
>>
no one cares faggot stop posting
>>
I was in special ed kill me now
>>
>>25369635
They were twins, I was a single, they were almost six
>>
>>25368973
School, reading, learned the piano and guitar, gardening, I wanted to work with service dog training, but that was not allowed, took lots of craft classes, learned spanish, photography, lots of stuff, like living in a big family of fuck-ups, but you can't leave, or lock your door, revolving, ever changing cast of adult faces, learned how to lie and please those in authority, tell people what they want to hear, learned to remember everything, listen to other conversations, never know when something you see or hear might be useful
>>
>>25372382
were you allowed outside?
>>
>>25372400
never allowed outside ever
>>
>>25364430
I'm the anon who just got out of the hospital last thread.

/bipolar/ /adhd/

My therapist was pissed that I upped my Adderall without my doctor's approval but I told her I was desperate, anything to get out of this fog. Since my doctor decided to take a week off this Russian lady took my case instead and upped my Lamictal and put me on Vyvanse which I try tomorrow. I really hope it works. I need something to work before I go to uni or I'm scared I'll have another meltdown and end up staying in the mental hospital again.
>>
>>25373188
maybe you will survive but speed is not the answer
>>
just convinced a guy to go to loonybin lol
>>
Diagnosed with depression as a teen, it's real IMO but meds aren't the answer. I think about it a lot, it seems like I just don't have the verve most people have for life. Only way I can feel close to normal is to get lots of exercise and eat right and avoid booze and drugs, which sucks because I love booze and drugs, I just can't moderate.

In special ed since middle school. I constantly wonder if I'm retarded or not. I've always been bad at math but did well in every other subject. I made honors English when I went to community college, lol. I always had problems getting along with people, I think that was my main problem really. I've had my iq tested and placed in average/high average range. IDK.

Definitely socially retarded, but actually have had gf's, I've been told I'm good looking, hot etc. probably only reason I got any was my more social friends and my brother who had hella friends back In the day.
I'm worried because I'm old and broke now (33 and live with parents) and likely won't get a gf anytime soon lol.

"Raised" by a single mom. Wasn't the best upbringing but I grew up with people who had it a lot worse(abusive/dysfunctional or poor families, serious handicaps etc.)

Used to take Prozac and before that lithium, I think they thought I was schizo or bi polar but as far as I can tell the meds did nothing except make me sick.
>>
>>25374783
lithium is bipolar normally
>>
>>25364430
>schizoaffective disorder, depressive type
>hallucinogen persisting perception disorder
>panic disorder

I posted in the last thread.

Meds (psych)
>400mg XR lamotrigine
>2mg clonazepam
>100mg buproprion tapering up to 300mg XR buproprion

Meds (normal)
>8mg chlorphenamine + 10mg hydrocodone as needed for severe cough
>100mg benzonatate every 6hrs for cough
>20mg prednisone
>2 puffs of albuterol every 4hrs as needed for difficulty breathing/wheezing/chest tightness/other asthma symptoms

My schizoaffective disorder is pretty meh aside from the depression aspect. My "psychotic" symptoms aren't that bad. I hear voices here and there, but they aren't constant, and I see things as well, but not as often as some other people do. Delusions and paranoia out the ass though. With the delusions, no matter how hard I try to not believe them, they always end up taking over at some point which in turn leads to paranoia.

Panic disorder isn't bad at all, at least not like it was now that I'm doped up on clonazepam 24/7.

What really fucks with me is the depression and HPPD. I fucking hate being stuck in a 24/7 acid trip. Trust me, it isn't fun at all, is mostly annoying, and is often very distressing. The depression hits me the hardest though, like I said in the last thread, my left arm is almost one giant scar and every day I want to fucking kill myself and the only things keeping me from doing so are my obligations. In that regard, I do want help and I think a visit to the psych ward might be beneficial, but I can't really afford to voluntarily commit myself. Has to be involuntary because then I can prove that I can't afford the stay and then the county is responsible for the bill since they sent me there. My plan is to essentially stand on the ledge of a relatively well known bridge in town until the cops show, get in a standoff for a few hours, and then let them take me down.
>>
>>25375388
its super easy to get sent involuntarily
call 911 tell them you are going to hang yourself
when the police and paramedics come tell them you are going to kill yourself that night but refuse to go be like you changed your mind

the will legally have to take you in

refuse to sign any papers when they take you to the hospital
tell the psychiatrist god tells you do things be reluctant to tell the psych what the voices say then say they tell you to make bombs out of fertilizer and diesel to smite the non believers

I posted that last part on pol and the fbi showed up at my house like 2 days later and took me to the psych ward
>>
>>25375511
Don't do that, they'll shoot you. They can't make a difference between somebody in need of help or a criminal.
>>
posting but i dont want to talk about it
>>
>>25376018
thats not true
I tried to suicide via police once
they tasered me and then took me to the hospital when I told the emts I wanted to kill myself when they pulled the tasers out
>>
>>25376047
way to troll buddy
>>
>>25375511
You are so cool. Just kidding, You have no friends. You're awkward and nobody wants to talk to you. You push yourself on people to make them like you but that just scares them more. You probably are bipolar and should see a doctor. Everyday when you get home you cry for no obvious reason because you suppress all the bad events in your pathetic life. Then when you are most depressed you make a fake youtube video as a cry for attention but no one responds to it. Kill yourself.
>>
>>25376432
wow im going to go cut myself now
>>
>>25364430
OP do we really need this exact same thread every day?

At least make it a mental illness general or something m8.
>>
>>25377120
a semi successful thread is all ive got in my life all other formats have failed
>>
>>25377294
I used to do mental illness generals, people usually responded. I got a few 200+ post threads doing it.
>>
>psych ward
1 suicide attempt
3 suicide risk
>past medications
zoloft, lexapro, wellbutrin
>mental illnesses
avoidant PD
depression
depersonalization/derealization
anxiety
>>
File: 1451457875879.jpg (73 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1451457875879.jpg
73 KB, 768x1024
FUCK OFF WITH THESE FUCKING THREADS ALREADY YOU TARD

SAGE
>>
File: 220px-Ace_of_Spades_(song).jpg (22 KB, 220x217) Image search: [Google]
220px-Ace_of_Spades_(song).jpg
22 KB, 220x217
>>25364430
Held under section in a mental hospital three times last year for pdychotic episodes.

Diagnosed with anxiety, depression and schizophrenia.

Sertraline daily. Paliperidone injection once a month.

Been off the injection for months and seriously struggling.

Don't want to go back on the injection but need something.
>>
>>25378295
how are the injections?

my mom told my psych I dont take my meds regularly and he talked to other people in my mental health team and now they are all pushing me to do it

I only take my meds when things get bad
>>
>>25378574
they suck dont do it
>>
Been in a psych ward twice. Both were horrible experiences and both provided no help. I'm considered high risk so I've been trying to be very careful with my words to make sure I don't get hospitalized a third time.

I have bipolar disorder, OCPD, and anxiety disorder.

I take lexapro and risperidone.

I've kind of just. Fucked over my life. I've messed everything up. Everyone says I'm still young and that it can be fixed but I've already dug myself a hole I can't get out of. I can't work without breaking down, I can't go to school without breaking down. I can't go to therapy without breaking down. And when I do I get hospitalized and they don't help. They just medicate you and leave you alone. I've been saving up past medications that failed so that I can take them all to kill myself. I've tried to kill myself 4 times and I'm making sure that this time it works.
>>
>>25378922
dont do pills hang yourself if your going to do it
pills almost never work

only do it if you like the taste of charcoal
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.